Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

90% will play Charr.

Comments

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by FlawSGI

Originally posted by Bunks

this was based on 8820 people polled so far on Guru

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gw2census-com-character-pie-charts-t21267.html

Not to mention there have been polls put forth on this site that indicated a nice spread. I am just to lazy to search through all the GW2 threads to find the link for you.

FLAW! Where you at =P I got my 30 pts in GW1 but the person that got me to play disappeared!! Also he is correct, the spread is very close in number. 

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by Warjin

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by star

Factions are picked mid game (around level 35 iirc) and they are NOT at war with one another. They all seek to end the dragons, and are attempting to do so in different was from one another.

And my main race?

See my sig ;)

So will open World pvp be anyone or only WvW & battlegrounds?

There is no "open world PVP" only WvWvW and competative BG's.

No word on a pvp server that will let you do so?

I really hope they do add at least the option for players like myself that enjoy the thrill of being hunted.

GW2's PVE world is completely cooperative.  Instead of quests, there are dynamic events which everyone can take part in and which scale up depending on how many people participate.  They want other people to never hurt you or compete with you, for you to never wonder whether that guy is going to screw you over somehow.  They want you to want to see other people.

As far as we know there aren't any plans for a PVP server because it's pretty incompatible with this plan.  They didn't even really leave it open as a possibility considering there's 5 playable races.

However, WvW PVP is where the action in.  It's got 4 big maps that can hold 500 people apiece, and its got everyone from your server working together against players from two other servers.  There's a variety of objectives, from supply lines to defend/disrupt, to mines to take over or keeps for your guild to assault.  And you can level up in there from 2 to 80 if you want and it runs 24/7.  They just posted a big blog post about it today which you can see in another thread.

If you want the feeling of having to look over your shoulder while playing, I'm sure you'll find it in WvW PVP.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Any bets?

I for one will be playing a Human, but as trends dictate Charr is the (AkA) Bad-Ass.

Side Question, the 3 Orders that you can join in this game will they be picked apone character creation or later on, also will those 3 factions will be at war with each other or can anyone attack anyone no matter the faction? The reason I ask is I am trying to predict what Order will be the Horde/Sith faction because I don't want to be apart of that, I enjoy the underdog.

I like to play multiple characters, classes and races. I will have one Charr for sure as I've already outlined eight characters  with names and races, and one is a Charr. Which one will become my "main"? Depends on class play mostly. At this time and point my money is on my main being my Human thief or Syvari ranger and not my Charr Guardian. Again though we shall see. :)

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by star

Factions are picked mid game (around level 35 iirc) and they are NOT at war with one another. They all seek to end the dragons, and are attempting to do so in different was from one another.

And my main race?

See my sig ;)

So will open World pvp be anyone or only WvW & battlegrounds?

There is no "open world PVP" only WvWvW and competative BG's.

No word on a pvp server that will let you do so?

I really hope they do add at least the option for players like myself that enjoy the thrill of being hunted.

WTF?

Oh and my main will be an HUman but I'm going to be an altaholic.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

personally I dont understand people wanting to play Charr, I really dislike their huge mouths that they cannot close >.< Its the one race in Tyria that I think could have been done a lot more with :( The females look alright, or if they took the shaman skin from GW1 instead of the warrior type that they did go with.

I will be either Sylvari or Asura ranger main but like many, I will have several alts. At least one of each class... IF I can get over the Charr issues =P I had about given up on the Sylvari until I came across a really good character creation portion of a gameplay video... I dont know how this one guy trumped every other creation video I found >.<

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by ariboersma

personally I dont understand people wanting to play Charr, I really dislike their huge mouths that they cannot close >.< Its the one race in Tyria that I think could have been done a lot more with :( The females look alright, or if they took the shaman skin from GW1 instead of the warrior type that they did go with.

lol well in order to defeat the dragons we must work together >:D, what race are you choosing?

(I'm not going to bash I swear but just curious, personally I like all races.)

You ninja'd me, I digg the Salvari I might make a Salvari Ranger

Ausra Guardian or Thief  depends though.

Still Human Guardian will be my main but those are my alts for those races.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

I usually play non-humans in MMOs because humans look hideous in most of them, in GW2 they look great though. So I might play human.

I don't really like the charr. If they looked more anthropomorphic I would roll one but it's better that they look significantly different in looks and motion.

I might add that I've seen the best human models for an MMO yet in Vindictus. They look similar in GW2, not sure if anyone noticed. Well the only peeve one could have for them in Vindictus is that they look "pretty", but in GW2 you can also make them look badass.

Originally posted by RizelStar

lol well in order to defeat the dragons we must work together >:D, what race are you choosing?

(I'm not going to bash I swear but just curious, personally I like all races.)

Sorry, I edited that in, Sylvari or Asura.

ROFL and you got in there first =P Yea main will be ranger, cant say 100% on which of those two races yet. 

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

this was based on 8820 people polled so far on Guru

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gw2census-com-character-pie-charts-t21267.html

Nice!

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by revy66

I usually play non-humans in MMOs because humans look hideous in most of them, in GW2 they look great though. So I might play human.

this... I NEVER play humans.. I dislike playing what I am in fantasy games so always get away from the human races... but they did them soooo well!

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

I wasn't going to play a Charr race at first, until I read the first GW novel, now I'm kind of interested and of course watching gameplay of the race has also been pretty entertaining.

I'm rolling a Slyvari or Norn first and than maybe a Charr second, lol still need to decide on what race I want to roll first, lol

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

ok I cant figure out how to post it but the CURRENT as of right now, without old data is this break down of races

Asura 16.1%

Charr 15.4%

Human 31.4%

Norn 16.8%

Sylvari 20.3%

http://gw2census.com

if you want to do your own search by w/e and add your character(s)

• JazKW347JazKW347 Member Posts: 54

At this point I'm not sure what race I'll play, but I definitely know I'm going to make a Mesmer. It's just the one class that really stood out to me.

Edit: Disregard that, I'm playing Asura, I took another look at the races and then chose accordingly.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

I'll play all the races but start off with Sylvari.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

FLAW! Where you at =P I got my 30 pts in GW1 but the person that got me to play disappeared!! Also he is correct, the spread is very close in number. 

School schedule has been rough. My wife and best friend kinda gave up on getting the HOM points and this has made it tough for me to pop in. You get your points? I know you were really making headway last time I was on in December.

Cali mentioned the Char being the lowest on the poles and I think that was about right although I personally plan on playing each race to witness the personal stories. I do think my first character will be Human or Norn so the charr will have to wait for a  bit.

/Edit  NVM I see Ariboersma actually brought out another poll stat so there it is. Pretty spread out but Char are in the back.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

I never make a human race first go character.

Why? I'm already human! Need variety!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

Asura yyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

after that time to rerooooooooooooooooollllllllllll

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504

im possibly going to play norn.. i like the idea of shapeshifting just sayin

I think the original said 720 votes were pre-mesmer/Sylvari but not sure. The other 8100 were more recent.

Myself, I think Norn Ranger will be my first toon.

i was also thinking norn ranger :D

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

Charr is the only race I *dont* want to play.

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

I'm thinking more that 90% of Charr will be furries. I'm already seeing people with furry avatars talking about the Charr on the fan sites. *Shudder*

I'll be humann.

Originally posted by Betakodo

I'm thinking more that 90% of Charr will be furries. I'm already seeing people with furry avatars talking about the Charr on the fan sites. *Shudder*

I'll be humann.

it's ok, we know who will be easy kills in WvsWvsW - keep an eye on the charr they'll have targets painted on there armor

School schedule has been rough. My wife and best friend kinda gave up on getting the HOM points and this has made it tough for me to pop in. You get your points? I know you were really making headway last time I was on in December.

Cali mentioned the Char being the lowest on the poles and I think that was about right although I personally plan on playing each race to witness the personal stories. I do think my first character will be Human or Norn so the charr will have to wait for a  bit.

/Edit  NVM I see Ariboersma actually brought out another poll stat so there it is. Pretty spread out but Char are in the back.

yup got my 30 pts, will actually be 31 tomorrow. Finally got the hubby to play and he is well on his way as well.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

Originally posted by NaughtyP

I never make a human race first go character.

Why? I'm already human! Need variety!

MY THOUGHT EXACTLY ^^

Prob asura for my first char :>

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

I'll be going either human or Norn.  The character models for Charr, Sylvari, and Asura look laughably bad.  They remind me of bad Korean games.  

I'm leaning towards Norn.  They look pretty badass.