Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Pokket's TERA Beta Impressions

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by demisedone

This game is about skill and accuracy, if you need to cancel and ability you shouldnt have used it when you did. THAT IS HOW THIS GAMES STRATEGY WORKS. If this game had skill canceling it would make the combat lame and less strategic. If you're also button mashing in this game, you're going to be terrible at the game.

Skill and strategy do not just involve firing off the correct spell at the correct time, they also involve correcting yourself. So that's just a silly thing to say. Borderline fanboyism too.

I give this review a 6/10 and thats being polite

It's not a review, it's a beta impression.

• yowaveyowave Member Posts: 8

@SlickShoes

It's aint a review, that's right. but for some reason it gives the wrong impression, using wrong analysis. And even an impression shouldnt state things that are not 100% right.

AKA her analysis of being unable to cancel skill animation. Personally i stopped watching after she said that one cannot do so.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Originally posted by yowave

@SlickShoes

It's aint a review, that's right. but for some reason it gives the wrong impression, using wrong analysis. And even an impression shouldnt state things that are not 100% right.

AKA her analysis of being unable to cancel skill animation. Personally i stopped watching after she said that one cannot do so.

These are just her impressions though, from playing it, she did say she couldnt work out how to cancel a skill, now people have said that its possible then this video has achieved something and we all learned about TERA.

People raging about her saying there is no PvP, it's clearly meant in context of the beta not the entire game.

Everyone gets way too defensive about the MMO they are currently hyping up, I understand it I have been caught in the hype train before but every time you get let down, take a step back, let the game release and then if its good people will play it, some will love it some will hate it.

I knew nothing of TERA until this video and watching this made me want to try it out at least, maybe she got some facts wrong but I got to see the game in action and saw combat look different from most MMO's.

• kiiixkiiix Member Posts: 93

Not so far off my first impression.

That one in a million Anime loving,Workout crazy, Gamer.
    KiX0@Steam/Raptr

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by arm0s

Originally posted by Ozmodan

As for Pokket, certainly would not enjoy grouping with her, she does not seem to be a very good player, although the game is new to her.

Like the wise men say ..."look as cute and adorable as you can, it wont make you a good player"

[Mod Edit]

Eh, I'd rather surround myself with people who are pleasant company in MMOs than people with elite skills but crappy attitudes.

Anyway, is there a written version of this anywhere? I cant view flash videos at work :(

Worst case I have to wait til I get home to see it.

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

Lovely job Pokket, ignore those whining emo's, atleast your doing it, these prima donna's should try what your doing! For me, it invoked interest in Tera's mechanics and overall gameplay .. Thanks again!!

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• demisedonedemisedone Member UncommonPosts: 9

Originally posted by BizkitNL

This game is about skill and accuracy, if you need to cancel and ability you shouldnt have used it when you did. THAT IS HOW THIS GAMES STRATEGY WORKS. If this game had skill canceling it would make the combat lame and less strategic. If you're also button mashing in this game, you're going to be terrible at the game.

Skill and strategy do not just involve firing off the correct spell at the correct time, they also involve correcting yourself. So that's just a silly thing to say. Borderline fanboyism too.

Lmfao have you played this game? Skill and Strategy is ALL ABOUT firing off the correct skills at the correct time in this game. Thats what makes it so unique and good and why its called "real action mmo". (EX. If you use a charge up skill towards me, im going to dodge, if you're then able to cancel that skill when i dodge, it doesnt hurt you for using that skill which would make it dulled down) The combat system all all about dodging and using skills are the right time and accurately. This game isnt tab target and button mash skills, if you've played this game you would understand thats how you get owned. That kind of mechanic doesnt have a place in this game.

I give this review a 6/10 and thats being polite

It's not a review, it's a beta impression. 

First impression because its not the full game, its still a review of levels 1-22. Should try and look up the definition of review, because to me, this sounded like a review, maybe she should rename it.

Btw your response makes you sound like a WoW/Pokket fanboy. I rather be a TERA fanboy. 

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Horrible information here. Almost everything she says you cant do you can. First its a CB not OB....w/e.....

Secondly, this game has an amazing tracking system for quests, she was just to lazy to open her menu.

Thirdly, L2hit escape to cancel casting noob!

{mod edit}

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Originally posted by BillMurphy

Did anyone else find it disturbing that during the female character creation, the character's um... bosoms, kept heaving and she seemed to panting like crazy?

You probably mixed "disturbing" with "distracting".

It's the stuff that makes the female armors so effective.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Originally posted by NBlitz

Whatever. Can't deny the girl has some serious thick-skin to be able to do this line of work. Is it work? 

Can't comment on that, as I can't see her skin under all that makeup.

• ZheomZheom Member Posts: 58

You can cancel most of the skills with dodge atleast on slayer.

Originally posted by Zheom

You can cancel most of the skills with dodge atleast on slayer.

yeah or block or escape or just simple move...so many ways to cancel skils hehe

Hero Evermore

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, she did get a few things wrong, but that's ok imo. Not because she's a she mind you, but because the game itself does some things differently than the more "traditional" western MMOs.

• Take glyphs for example, which is Tera's take on a tier-less talent tree.

• Take enchanting and how you can improve your weapons by sacrificing stuff.

• Take how you can max all crafting skills.

• Or how you don't rely almost at all on the group frames for healing.

• Or how you rely on collision detection for tanking.

Little things that does make a considerable difference overall.

(I still haven't figured out the whole story about the eggs, but I have a feeling I'm going to prefer them over tokens)

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627

Good review, yes the game does suck and is just a mishmash of all the crap already on the market.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• QuagliaQuaglia Member Posts: 60

Thanks for the video. I think TERA can be a decent MMORPG, simply at the moment, it's not my cup of tea. I don't want to play another fantasy game.

Originally posted by Azmodai

[mod edit]

haha agreed. Tera is an amazing game and people who dont understand it like pokket shouldnt be making videos with false information.

Hero Evermore

Personally being an extremely experienced gamer, i expect reviews like this to be researched and carelly thought out. Kind of like being a journalist for a game. If you want people to respect and follow your words you need to be right and creative. I dont doubt that Pokket is a bad gamer or reviewer regardless if she is or not, this perticular one was really bad. The focus of the review should have been on different details and features the game has to offer. The ones she picked out were bad examples. She missed out on a TON of awesome unique features that make TERA the game that it is. Also any wrong information is really bad. Its better to not say anything on the subject if you're not 100% than take a guess when it could be wrong. Assumptions are bad.

This was not a review..... it is her impression on the game so stop your whining! 

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Personally being an extremely experienced gamer, i expect reviews like this to be researched and carelly thought out. Kind of like being a journalist for a game. If you want people to respect and follow your words you need to be right and creative. I dont doubt that Pokket is a bad gamer or reviewer regardless if she is or not, this perticular one was really bad. The focus of the review should have been on different details and features the game has to offer. The ones she picked out were bad examples. She missed out on a TON of awesome unique features that make TERA the game that it is. Also any wrong information is really bad. Its better to not say anything on the subject if you're not 100% than take a guess when it could be wrong. Assumptions are bad.

What I don't understand is some of the erroneous information makes no sense. She mentions in a different video of hers that she played as a healer (Cleric) in Aion, and considering Tera's similarity to Aion, I just can't grasp how she doesn't know how to move the camera, view her quest log, and/or cancel skill-casting.

I admit, I haven't played Tera but it looks so similar to Aion (except the combat) that I can't imagine the camera and other features are really *that* different between the two. It's just sloppy, no matter how you spin it, especially by a gamer who purportedly played the game that Tera borrows/steals from so heavily.... =/

• MustaphaMondMustaphaMond Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by BrokenSpoon

This was not a review..... it is her impression on the game so stop your whining! 

On page 10 of this very thread she calls it a review... maybe a mistake, but it's not like the confusion of others is coming from thin air when the author of the "impression" labels it a review...

Originally posted by Pokket

While I have been corrected on some fronts, I feel as though I achieved my goal in giving a fair and unbiased review of a soon-to-launch MMO.

Get of your high horse and go troll another forum, she did a good job imo, I enjoy reading/watching other peoples experience of games to see if it interests me for release .. instead of bitching go and make a vid your self, get on the beta, fraps your footage and post it.. or would you rather carry on trolling peoples perfectly good impressions of a game?   

• ZheomZheom Member Posts: 58

Get of your high horse and go troll another forum, she did a good job imo, I enjoy reading/watching other peoples experience of games to see if it interests me for release .. instead of bitching go and make a vid your self, get on the beta, fraps your footage and post it.. or would you rather carry on trolling peoples perfectly good impressions of a game?   

Well she didnt do very good job if she got most of the things wrong did she. Just because u like her doesnt mean ppl arent allowed to say she is wrong.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

The good news is that it looks better than SWTOR. But man... that same old generic questing system.

I have to admit, it's funny how weapons double or triple in size when unsheathed. Makes me giggle.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Why do ignorant people constantly go back to terminology. It doesnt matter if its called a Review, Impression, Hamburger, or Wakashikaka. The fact of the matter is, she did a bad job on her choice of words in decribing her experience in the game focusing on small details that dont really describe the game and its unique features. I guess you could say she did a "review" of the game when its not fully established and deveolped and just labled it an "impression" If you're doing an impression of a game at this point in time, you dont voice your opinions on the things you havent experienced like the pvp system.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Did I see the her character summon a mount while moving???

THAT is pretty sweet.  Ever since there's been a combat status, there's never really been a reason for a player to have to stand still to summon a mount in an mmo.