Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage "Rift style" invasion events

2»

Comments

• GremrodGremrod Member UncommonPosts: 207

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Why can russians play already ? or is it some free accounts for press and review sites ?

Wondering the sqame thing myself.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Originally posted by DAS1337

Actually it is unique.  You guys just want to be haters, that's all.  Rift developed the first MMO game system that runs itself when it comes to invasions.  You can all claim other games have done it, but you'd simply be lying.  Those other games had invasions, but they were staged by GM's and planned for months.  Rift has autonomous events run by a game system that doesn't actually need help from a GM.  This is why it is so popular, causing other companies to take notice and design their own version of it.  It is a unique, revolutionary system in the MMO market.

I like the idea in other games, but I do caution developers from making the choice of adding it.  Does it really fit the lore of the game you are adding it to?  Does it make sense?  It needs to make sense in the game world, otherwise it's just a copy and paste.

far from unique

Anarchy Online had random alien attacks on NPC capital cities / player cities as well if there was too much CRU on CC.

Let's internet

Originally posted by ForumPvP

Actually it is unique.  You guys just want to be haters, that's all.  Rift developed the first MMO game system that runs itself when it comes to invasions.  You can all claim other games have done it, but you'd simply be lying.  Those other games had invasions, but they were staged by GM's and planned for months.  Rift has autonomous events run by a game system that doesn't actually need help from a GM.  This is why it is so popular, causing other companies to take notice and design their own version of it.  It is a unique, revolutionary system in the MMO market.

I like the idea in other games, but I do caution developers from making the choice of adding it.  Does it really fit the lore of the game you are adding it to?  Does it make sense?  It needs to make sense in the game world, otherwise it's just a copy and paste.

far from unique

Anarchy Online had random alien attacks on NPC capital cities / player cities as well if there was too much CRU on CC.

Yeah Tabula Rasa had invasions on NPC towns also.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by ForumPvP

far from unique

UO had monster attacks on the cities all the time.

Appears the developers of Rift are on the side of looking at what other mmos have done and put what worked in Rift.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Gremrod

Appears the developers of Rift are on the side of looking at what other mmos have done and put what worked in Rift.

That's kind of what everyone does.

Very few true innovators/innovation in the genre.

Probably because most new ideas end up being rejected by the masses.