Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game will give GW2 run for its money

Comments

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Originally posted by albaficass

Originally posted by Smikis

no endgame, and literaly no endgame, swtor had none, but this one have none at all, and its been live for year? all they did was 3-4 dungeons? that arent in yet? no raids?  and couple world bosses, thats it.. and politic system noone knows about, apart year old trailer

the game has content and end of this month 3 new dungeons,raids,lvl cap,new zones and maybe new class.

You are just a fcking hater thats it all

btw i play the korean so next time before imagine things and throw them out like that..ask ppl before talking craps.

the game has content...more than aion-stwor combine.

i wont mention ur comment about the combat and the themepark crap u said.....tera combat  and pvp simply crush gw2 with eaze.

You seem to do exactly the same things you accuse him of, but to GW2 instead.

Plus, you have absolutely no merit when it comes to claims how TERA will crush GW2 on any level or aspect, seeing as how you haven't played GW2.

So........just don't, mkay?

i dont need to understand it (i played gw2 last year at gamescom) and talk with ppl who were yesterday night playing gw2 beta.

Tera world,combat system and pvp is simly better..just because the game is called GW2 doesnt mean we are not allowed talking about the failing issues the game has....u might like the old boring tab target mmo genre or the pvp rotation pot to win but i dont anymore ... 

and i said tera crush gw2 in these areas wich is true

the world

the pvp

graphics ofc

animation

combat

political system

Originally posted by brody71

am i the only one that thinks this thread should have died days ago?

tera will have no significant impact on gw2's success. 

millions said that too for swtor and look at it now...

if u think gw2 will revolutionize the genre keep dreaming then.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

millions said that too for swtor and look at it now...

if u think gw2 will revolutionize the genre keep dreaming then.

i am in no way a gw2 fanboy. i think that community is a bunch of elitests.

however no matter how well tera does it will in no way impact how well gw2 does.

edit: i plan on playing tera. i think it's fun. but it doesnt take a genious to know that it will not affect the hype train of gw2.

I've got the straight edge.

Originally posted by Snoepie

i don't think you can compare GW2 with tera tho..

Tera is pve based..

GW2 is heavily pvp based

i stoped there.......

clearly u have not a single clue what tera is about.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Nope. 

Originally posted by Comaf

Originally posted by Lobotomist

I have been waiting for GW2 for years. Nothing else touches it.

Nothing released this year or close. ( SWTOR )

But I played TERA and I can see a competitor.

No wonder NC soft are trying to sue Bluehole and stop Tera.

Youtube Taugrim's look at Tera.  The lag issues are ridiculous.  The hit box around various characters really fudge up pvp.  Oh, did I mention the memory leaks?

1)It is a BETA  go check wiki what that means

2)1 server only insane amounts of ppl..it was made on purpose so they could check servers capability-stability

3)Never compare a beta with the official release i thought u would be smarter than that.

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

Not a chance in Hell.

I have said it before and I'll say it again the vast majority of gamers in the West and Europe do NOT want to play a game with heavy manga animu influence and artstyle.

I know this is a hard thing for some of you to accept but its just the facts. The average gamer wont even consider TERA because its Animu.

FF13 5-6mil 

Devil may cry 4 2-2.5mil 

Bayonetta 2mil

tekken 6 3.5mil

zelda skyward sword 3.42 mil

Dragon quest  VIII 3.88mil 

Should i continue? 

these are west sales 

Originally posted by Eir_S

the energy to sink into another quest hub grindfest.

You ask silly questions.

learn what grindfest means....wiki is your friend

i play in korea and the game has no grind...aka aion,l1-l2 now THESE games are grindfest

the questing is like wow...kill this kill that,dungeons queue's,battlegrounds later on...

the exp is just too much easy to gain....exp is quest based....not by killing kk mobs just to get half bar

u just one of these guyz raging around  the noob zone probably

so wont bother with u anymore.

Originally posted by omidus

Originally posted by teakbois

This notion that TERA will be a huge success is laughable.  Eastern games just dont do well in the west, and its not like TERA is a knockout game.  The artstyle alone will turn plenty of people away, as well the prejudices about the 'asian grinder', true or not.  Also the fact that its the same old themepark set up that people just had with Rift and WoW will hurt it.

200k subs by the end of the year, tops.

Added on top of the fact taht TERA isn't even a finished game! Their next update in korea is a complete class revamp for one of the "tanking" class and adding a reputation system into the game (components of the game that should have already been done) oh and a whole 2 new dungeon

its 3 or 5 more dungeons,raids,new zones,new class maybe,new skills,more world bosses,more pvp stuff

the warrior fix is a litlle patch

get ur facts right before trying bashing a game

clearly u dont like

have fun with ur crappy ugly western mmos

Combat and graphics in TERA are great but sadly they are the only thing this game has going for it.

Political System

Combat System

PVP

PK

Graphics

And  the world of tera wich  is x2 bigger than wow vanilla

I dont care about mobs been the same thats mostly jsut in the first zones

if u wanna see some endgame content and  then go twitch tv and watch steparu stream

• Vore_TechzVore_Techz Member Posts: 122

GW2 will have a much larger player base than any of the new P2P games. It is a well documented fact that all decently made F2P or B2P games have had larger player bases. Even games like D&D online that were P2P had very small player bases, then went F2P and they jumped up to 6 million players almost instantly. As we all know by now, GW2 isn't "decently made". It looks very well made and from what I have heard from people that have played it, it is outright amazing, and it is only in beta.

I am looking forward to its release very much, as I am for Tera as well. They both seem like good games from what I have learned. They are just 2 very different beasts.

(>^_^)> MMO Veteran <(^_^<)
    Currently Playing: Tera Online

• L3nnyGpL3nnyGp Member UncommonPosts: 153

This notion that TERA will be a huge success is laughable.  Eastern games just dont do well in the west, and its not like TERA is a knockout game.  The artstyle alone will turn plenty of people away, as well the prejudices about the 'asian grinder', true or not.  Also the fact that its the same old themepark set up that people just had with Rift and WoW will hurt it.

Added on top of the fact taht TERA isn't even a finished game! Their next update in korea is a complete class revamp for one of the "tanking" class and adding a reputation system into the game (components of the game that should have already been done) oh and a whole 2 new dungeon

its 3 or 5 more dungeons,raids,new zones,new class maybe,new skills,more world bosses,more pvp stuff

clearly u dont like

TERA is fun and refreshing, on top of that has so much "potential." One reason is because it "Breaks away from the mundane ‘point & click’ combat to a more engaging and interactive method, based on actual player aim, position, timing, and overall skill."  I enjoy it and I'm sure many more will as well.

I think one reason why TERA  lost interest from KOREANS, was mainly for the reason that it wasn't grindy enough and the lack of content - AT THE TIME OF ITS RELEASE -  KRs love to grind, and TERA didn't offer as much for them...Can you imagine and do you know how long KR's play, how fast it must of been to lvl for most of them?? Insane..

N/A (americans) are the complete opposite, most dis-like the extended, grindy feelings in MMO (FFXI). Hence why...imo... I think TERA will have a fairly good size fan base in N/A / EU. But with most things..I can't forsee the future, so my opinion mean nothing.

Plus patching in a MMO imo is a good thing, which means they will continue to update and add content, as the game goes along... With or without your approval!

-Cheers

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Combat and graphics in TERA are great but sadly they are the only thing this game has going for it.

Political System

Combat System

PVP

PK

Graphics

if u wanna see some endgame content and  then go twitch tv and watch steparu stream

The Policical system only effects about 1% of the playerbase, if that. The Combat system was already mentioned. PvP and PK are the samething and are far from great, in fact, are terrible. Graphics were also already mentioned. Also, who cares that a game is 2x bigger then a 7 year old game? Talk about irrelevant and pointless. Lastly, just cause you don't care about reused mobs doesn't mean that others don't.

Originally posted by Sector13

Political System

Combat System

PVP

PK

Graphics

The Policical system only effects about 1% of the playerbase, if that. The Combat system was already mentioned. PvP and PK are the samething and are far from great, in fact, are terrible. Graphics were also already mentioned. Also, who cares that a game is 2x bigger then a 7 year old game? Talk about irrelevant and pointless. Lastly, just cause you don't care about reused mobs doesn't mean that others don't.

True enough, I can't stand when mobs are reused. Its unacceptable when they are not even reskinned. Give me some variety here!

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

Originally posted by NexGenNSA26

clearly u dont like

TERA is fun and refreshing, on top of that has so much "potential." One reason is because it "Breaks away from the mundane ‘point & click’ combat to a more engaging and interactive method, based on actual player aim, position, timing, and overall skill."  I enjoy it and I'm sure many more will as well.

I think one reason why TERA  lost interest from KOREANS, was mainly for the reason that it wasn't grindy enough and the lack of content - AT THE TIME OF ITS RELEASE -  KRs love to grind, and TERA didn't offer as much for them...Can you imagine and do you know how long KR's play, how fast it must of been to lvl for most of them?? Insane..

N/A (americans) are the complete opposite, most dis-like the extended, grindy feelings in MMO (FFXI). Hence why...imo... I think TERA will have a fairly good size fan base in N/A / EU. But with most things..I can't forsee the future, so my opinion mean nothing.

Plus patching in a MMO imo is a good thing, which means they will continue to update and add content, as the game goes along... With or without your approval!

-Cheers

Westerners will just blow through the content in 2 weeks and drop the game since it has no end game. Just cause we don't like grind doesn't mean we will deal with lack of end game cause of it. TERA is just getting late hype in comparison to other MMOs and will drop to a mediocre playerbase before too long just like any other MMO .. with or without your approval.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Political System

Combat System

PVP

PK

Graphics

the political system affects the entire player base.  tax rates get changed, quick travel turned on or off, spawn rates changed, npc specialty shops open or closed  etc.  look if you dont like the game fine. im sure in previous posts you have explained why, no use arguing about it.

I've got the straight edge.

clearly u dont like

-Cheers

I actually loved the grindy feelings I got from FFXI. Still my Favourite MMORPG of all time. Though it sucks now. I like to grind but only when it actually feels rewarding, like I accomplished something. Alot of Korean games are just mindless grindfests, when you level up nothing really changes for the most part. You just keep grinding away untill you hit end game.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136

Originally posted by Vore_Techz

I actually loved the grindy feelings I got from FFXI. Still my Favourite MMORPG of all time. Though it sucks now. I like to grind but only when it actually feels rewarding, like I accomplished something. Alot of Korean games are just mindless grindfests, when you level up nothing really changes for the most part. You just keep grinding away untill you hit end game.

I agree and I think most games could do well to have an Alternate Advancement type system.  Something different than one new or upgraded ability.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

GW2 will have a much larger player base than any of the new P2P games. It is a well documented fact that all decently made F2P or B2P games have had larger player bases. Even games like D&D online that were P2P had very small player bases, then went F2P and they jumped up to 6 million players almost instantly. As we all know by now, GW2 isn't "decently made". It looks very well made and from what I have heard from people that have played it, it is outright amazing, and it is only in beta.

I am looking forward to its release very much, as I am for Tera as well. They both seem like good games from what I have learned. They are just 2 very different beasts.

Well there is a difference between a player data base and an active player data base. Sure F2P and B2P has big data base because its free or you buy once and you have it. Both make people more likely to try out the game, however doesn't mean the player data base are playing most of the time. GW2 is heading pretty much what SWTOR is going toward, super hype where the fan think its the greatest thing alive and make huge sale during launch and than more than half stops because it didn't live up to their stupidly high expection. Upside is GW2 had GW which we all know is a good game so even if they just copy GW with better graphic it won't suck that much, also it been B2P game they just need you to buy, continue playing or not is meh because they will live off the cash hoes who need to buy 10 of every single item in cash shop.

Main point is to all the people who think GW2 is going to be the greatest thing ever? Will i get to laugh at you now and when game release. For people who acutly know what GW2 is and know that it is what you want, than hey your going to love the game.

Tera only said we are going ot have a brand new combat system thats going to be epic, and well they delivered. No where did they say we going to have epic quest or anything. They simple promise a new combat system and they delivered, and it was what i expected and i'm happy. Seem like most people that complain about Tera took what GW2 promised and made it like Tera promise the same thing GW2 did.

clearly u dont like

-Cheers

Westerners will just blow through the content in 2 weeks and drop the game since it has no end game. Just cause we don't like grind doesn't mean we will deal with lack of end game cause of it. TERA is just getting late hype in comparison to other MMOs and will drop to a mediocre playerbase before too long just like any other MMO .. with or without your approval.

O wait expect this is 1 year later and they fixed that issue, and finish the game. If 9 dungeon with hardmode, political system, OWPVP, arena, and massiver server PvE events isn't end game content than i guess no game has any end game content.

• L3nnyGpL3nnyGp Member UncommonPosts: 153

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Well there is a difference between a player data base and an active player data base. Sure F2P and B2P has big data base because its free or you buy once and you have it. Both make people more likely to try out the game, however doesn't mean the player data base are playing most of the time. GW2 is heading pretty much what SWTOR is going toward, super hype where the fan think its the greatest thing alive and make huge sale during launch and than more than half stops because it didn't live up to their stupidly high expection. Upside is GW2 had GW which we all know is a good game so even if they just copy GW with better graphic it won't suck that much, also it been B2P game they just need you to buy, continue playing or not is meh because they will live off the cash hoes who need to buy 10 of every single item in cash shop.

Main point is to all the people who think GW2 is going to be the greatest thing ever? Will i get to laugh at you now and when game release. For people who acutly know what GW2 is and know that it is what you want, than hey your going to love the game.

Tera only said we are going ot have a brand new combat system thats going to be epic, and well they delivered. No where did they say we going to have epic quest or anything. They simple promise a new combat system and they delivered, and it was what i expected and i'm happy. Seem like most people that complain about Tera took what GW2 promised and made it like Tera promise the same thing GW2 did.

clearly u dont like

-Cheers

O wait expect this is 1 year later and they fixed that issue, and finish the game. If 9 dungeon with hardmode, political system, OWPVP, arena, and massiver server PvE events isn't end game content than i guess no game has any end game content.

Yes this is general information for any MMO, that is why i stated for Koreans as well "lack of content - at the time of its release."  Which was roughly a year ago, so content would have and has been added since then. Here check them out!

Here are some links:

Future of TERA

News update of TERA

End-game shouldn't be an issue..In any case, all that really matters to me is if TERA keeps having content and expansion sets, just as many other MMOs / Games do today. Nothing wrong with that imo..Just keep it coming..

I try not to get my hopes up too high for either game. But I am genuinely excited for both GW2 and Tera as I am not currently playing any of the MMORPGs that are currently out, I have cycled through so much garbage that I am forced to look to the future. I know its not a good thing, it is setting me up for great disappointment potentially. But with the reviews I have gotten from friends in betas, I can't really see me not finding a place in either of these 2 games.

Arenanet doesn't nessecerily need people to buy a ton of stuff from the Cash Shop if they release ACTUAL CONTENT (i.e. expansions) often enough. But with some wording that has changed from the devs recently regarding the issue it seems they might fall back on the CS a little more than expected, I doubt it will turn out to be B2W though. GW1 never was.

Tera's main selling point for me was the combat system. I personally didn't give a crap about anything other than it untill recently. I love real time hack and slash type games, they are alot more fun than tab target, 1,2,3,4,5, /facepalm.

Blade and Soul remotely interests me too but I can't see it being any better than Tera with the knowledge I have accumulated to date.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

I try not to get my hopes up too high for either game. But I am genuinely excited for both GW2 and Tera as I am not currently playing any of the MMORPGs that are currently out, I have cycled through so much garbage that I am forced to look to the future. I know its not a good thing, it is setting me up for great disappointment potentially. But with the reviews I have gotten from friends in betas, I can't really see me not finding a place in either of these 2 games.

Arenanet doesn't nessecerily need people to buy a ton of stuff from the Cash Shop if they release ACTUAL CONTENT (i.e. expansions) often enough. But with some wording that has changed from the devs recently regarding the issue it seems they might fall back on the CS a little more than expected, I doubt it will turn out to be B2W though. GW1 never was.

Tera's main selling point for me was the combat system. I personally didn't give a crap about anything other than it untill recently. I love real time hack and slash type games, they are alot more fun than tab target, 1,2,3,4,5, /facepalm.

Blade and Soul remotely interests me too but I can't see it being any better than Tera with the knowledge I have accumulated to date.

O it own't be B2W, that kill any game lol and generally piss people off they wasted 50 buck buying the game. It works for f2p but i mean you know there people out there that feel the need to have 10 of the exact same costume from cash shop -.-

Blade and Soul looks nice, i'll get it to do the quest and play it like a single player but thats about it. I play Blade and Sould PS, yes it was laggy and glitchy but the story was really nice but the combat is pretty so so. I is better than tab and smash all your hot key to attack instead its face them to lock and and smash all your hot keys. Up side is the running and gliding is fun. But its just a good looking game so far.

O it own't be B2W, that kill any game lol and generally piss people off they wasted 50 buck buying the game. It works for f2p but i mean you know there people out there that feel the need to have 10 of the exact same costume from cash shop -.-

Blade and Soul looks nice, i'll get it to do the quest and play it like a single player but thats about it. I play Blade and Sould PS, yes it was laggy and glitchy but the story was really nice but the combat is pretty so so. I is better than tab and smash all your hot key to attack instead its face them to lock and and smash all your hot keys. Up side is the running and gliding is fun. But its just a good looking game so far.

I don't understand what you were trying to get across about the cash shop...

But, yeah when I saw the super speed sprinting and pile drivers that the assassin does in B&S it made me really want to play it. It looks fun. lol

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by AvsRock21

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by Lobotomist

I can see it strongly appealing to people that will find GW2 too innovative and different - and there will be many like that

Lob, plenty of folks are very turned off by TERA's game systems though as well.

I would say the percieved skill required for a targetting based game will hurt this game in the mass MMORPG market, which is a shame because it's not hard at all once you make the adjustment.

No that's not it.  What will hurt the game is going click-click-click-click-2-click-click-click-right click-click-click etc....  Action based games like these are much easier than tradtional click-to-target mmos, where you have to actually think about your next ability, instead of just clicking.  This is why people call games like Vindictus and Dragon Nest no-brainer hack 'n slashers.  

hahahahahaha     that is the exact opposite of reality.

Axehilt?  is that you?

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• arjiarji Member UncommonPosts: 93