Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that SWTOR is obviously a success

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Server merges?

whos asking for that?

All the servers were heavy or standard last night at 11pm EST when I logged in...

11PM

PM

Yeah I was surprised too.  Then I went about my business doing HM FPS and enjoying SWTOR like a lot of other people apparently are.

Oh boy, how did I ever miss this gem of a post? Are you freaking kidding me man? I take it you don't spend any time at the SWTOR forums eh?

I have noticed lately they've been trying to sweep a lot of them under the rug but there are plenty out there and then some. Been a growing number as of late.

Seriously? You were laughing your ass off when you posted this weren't you. Please tell me you were.

You got to be kidding me.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Server merges?

whos asking for that?

All the servers were heavy or standard last night at 11pm EST when I logged in...

11PM

PM

Yeah I was surprised too.  Then I went about my business doing HM FPS and enjoying SWTOR like a lot of other people apparently are.

Oh boy, how did I ever miss this gem of a post? Are you freaking kidding me man? I take it you don't spend any time at the SWTOR forums eh?

I have noticed lately they've been trying to sweep a lot of them under the rug but there are plenty out there and then some. Been a growing number as of late.

Seriously? You were laughing your ass off when you posted this weren't you. Please tell me you were.

You got to be kidding me.

He's more dead ass than we could ever comprehend..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I wouldn't say its a success, I bet 95% of the people subbing are fanboys that wouldkn't know shit from gold in terms of gameplay etc. Takes 5% of the games subs and thats how many actual gamers are probally subbing. Why they would is beyond me, the game offers honestly less than alot of f2p titles do. But meh if they wanna keep destroying the mmo genre and having more garbage of swtors quality (or lack of quality in swtors case) come out, go ahead and sub to it.  Personally I think all the people who subbed to swtor should be ashamed of themselves for helping to further destroy the mmorpg genre.

Investors see mmo's sub numbers then pressure the devs into making bascally another wow clone, but ultimately these clones never come close to the orignal and end up kinda dropping off the map after a few months of being released. Hardly anyone talks about rift, and the other wow clones now a days.

I fear for the genre I used to love honestly, I wish it'd go back in the closest where it used to be, ever since mmo's have been released out of its closest to the teeming masses the quality of mmo's have gone downhill and keep going down hill with each new release.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by AcmeGamer

Originally posted by superniceguy

"obviously a success" funny thread!

No server right this moment is above standard, although Tomb of Freedon Nadd is fluctationg between Heavy and Standard.

And as of my post right now all are either light or standard with 2 being heavy. This is prime time being 9pm EST and 6pm PST. Though a better time to check would be in one hour I think. 

So as of 19:45 PST/ 22:45 EST of the 120 or so US servers, 8 are heavy and the rest are either light or standard. None of the EU servers are above light. 

3 heavy and all the rest of the US servers are light or standard. All EU servers are light.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Opapanax

He's more...

Hey, I mean someone can enjoy the game all they want and there are some healthy servers. No denying that. But to imply they're all that way or there isn't a growing outcry for merges from those less populated is simply...well...

No real way for me to finish that without it coming across as inflammatory. Doubt I even need to because frankly I don't know how anyone could not be aware of this unless they simply think every server is like theirs and avoid the SWTOR forums altogether.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Necrosaro420Necrosaro420 Member Posts: 31

I think crafting in Vanguard was done very well. 

No server right this moment is above standard, although Tomb of Freedon Nadd is fluctationg between Heavy and Standard.

And as of my post right now all are either light or standard with 2 being heavy. This is prime time being 9pm EST and 6pm PST. Though a better time to check would be in one hour I think. 

So as of 19:45 PST/ 22:45 EST of the 120 or so US servers, 8 are heavy and the rest are either light or standard. None of the EU servers are above light. 

3 heavy and all the rest of the US servers are light or standard. All EU servers are light.

2 heavy servers, all the rest of the US servers are light or standard. All EU servers are light.

2 heavy servers, all the rest of the US servers are light or standard. All EU servers are light.

1 heavy server, all the rest the US servers are light or standard. All EU servers are light.  22:53 PST

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by o2jpl

The EU playerbase has always been more intelligent than that of NA

You sir brought a smile to this American today,  bravo.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

I still think in a couple months when the hype for the game had died down, it stops selling new copies and everyones free 30 days is up the game will fall to under 500K subs. Games that are a big hit have my friends all playing but they've all quit SWTOR now because they're bored of it already. They're all playing BF3, LoL, CS, TF2, Skyrim and WoW.... 

If it's doing well in a couple months time then I'm wrong but I expect a massive drop off in players.

1 heavy server, all the rest the US servers are light or standard. All EU servers are light.  22:53 PST

Off to get four or so hours sleep. I tend to sleep very little these days. As of 23:50 PST, 1 server heavy, all others light or standard. All EU servers are light.

Figure from this point on the only ones on are some Aussies and insominiacs like myself. I blame Uncle Sam for my sleep issues no telling for the others and no one understands the Aussies. :> I plan on keeping track tomorrow during prime time and then this Weekend. So that we have an average of a couple mid week days and a weekend. I just want to see what appears to be more accurate, since I keep seeing players stating Heavy/very heavy servers across the board and other inaccurate info. Now they got me curious, good thing I'm retired and sleep very little. 

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Only thing that is really a success with this game is hype and boxsales, the game itself is far from a success well it can be a success for those who likes dead world,absent of ambient sounds, boring and repeative quests,broken and inbalanced pvp,lack of moving mobs and AI,everyone looks the same ect.

Sure if you like all of those then yes the game is a success, but for the rest of us who acually live in 2012 would have wanted more than a watered down themepark, well come to think of it, TOR is far from a themepark game its more co-op railpark than themepark.

But whatever your floats your success boat I guess.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Off to get four or so hours sleep. I tend to sleep very little these days. As of 23:50 PST, 1 server heavy, all others light or standard. All EU servers are light.

Figure from this point on the only ones on are some Aussies and insominiacs like myself. I blame Uncle Sam for my sleep issues no telling for the others and no one understands the Aussies. :> I plan on keeping track tomorrow during prime time and then this Weekend. So that we have an average of a couple mid week days and a weekend. I just want to see what appears to be more accurate, since I keep seeing players stating Heavy/very heavy servers across the board and other inaccurate info. Now they got me curious, good thing I'm retired and sleep very little. 

04:03 PST, 3 standard servers all other US servers light. EU servers a mix of standard and light.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

"Now that the sun obviously revolves around the earth, there's no need to look at data pointing to the contrary eh, Copernicus?" said George Lucas. Or something akin to that.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

Man... this community is something.  You ask a question about what you would like added to successful MMORPG and you get the whole spectrum:

-Game is a failure

-Success is not based on game sales, it's based on my liking of the game

-GW2 fanboiz (who will probably be disapointed when game is released)

eqnext.wikia.com

04:03 PST, 3 standard servers all other US servers light. EU servers a mix of standard and light.

05:00 PST(08:00 EST), 3 standard servers all other US servers light. EU servers are a mix of standard and light loads.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Originally posted by matraque

Man... this community is something.  You ask a question about what you would like added to successful MMORPG and you get the whole spectrum:

-Game is a failure

Ask a stupid question, get stupid answers.

If you wanted to know what should be added to SWTOR, you should have asked "Hey, what do you think should be added to SWTOR?".  Instead, what you wanted to do is say "hey, i'm a fan and my opinion is that this game is a success and i'd like to make sure all you idiots understand that it's a success, so let's talk about that."  So people did.

Either that or you're just an innocent victim with really poor communication skills, in which case, I apologize, but hopefully you have learned how to better phrase your questions anyway.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 06:05 PST/ 09:05 EST.   

3 Standard servers, all the rest are light load on US servers. EU servers are still a mix of standard and light loads.

Note: will try to update every hour or so from now to midnight PST/03:00 EST.

• AtheenahAtheenah Member Posts: 58

I personally would like to see them iterate on space.  SWG was a big pile of garbage, but space was really fun.

A pile  of garbage? That ran for more than 8 years? And that EA forced to close down the day of SWTORS release?

And how long with SWTOR survive?

Get a grip of reality, kid.

Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 06:05 PST/ 09:05 EST.   

3 Standard servers, all the rest are light load on US servers. EU servers are still a mix of standard and light loads.

Note: will try to update every hour or so from now to midnight PST/03:00 EST.

Wednesday, 15-Feb-2012, 07:00 PST/10:00 EST.

2 standard servers, all rest light load on US servers.  EU servers are still a mix of standard and light loads.

• NoamNoam Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Torgrim

Only thing that is really a success with this game is hype and boxsales, the game itself is far from a success well it can be a success for those who likes dead world,absent of ambient sounds, boring and repeative quests,broken and inbalanced pvp,lack of moving mobs and AI,everyone looks the same ect.

Sure if you like all of those then yes the game is a success, but for the rest of us who acually live in 2012 would have wanted more than a watered down themepark, well come to think of it, TOR is far from a themepark game its more co-op railpark than themepark.

Nice post and well said.

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

WEll said. To think speaking negatively before would be an all out 4 alarm for the mods here.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Noam

Nice post and well said.

Very well said, i'll be completely honest with my opinion here, if it didn't have the name or advertising behind it it'd be dead in the water right now.

You actually mentioned the music and ambient sounds which is something that bothered the crap out of me, it is really really lackluster in this game, among many other things.

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

-Game is a failure

I had every doubt this game would be a failure. I bought it and realized everything i said would be wrong about it was true, but i played for two weeks at launch and it's a pretty good single player game. The monthly fee is the killer.

As far as a failure no, but trust me EA had much higher hopes banked on this game, and to them, well it's not even close to what they had hoped for. To them in a weird way could be considered a failure.

• dimmit77dimmit77 Member Posts: 294

Originally posted by Jason2444

Originally posted by AdamTM

What is it with this trend, i seriously don't get it.

Everyone i ask says "i unsubbed because X" and i read similar things everywhere on the net too...yet, 80% retention, servers standard and high, top sales charts at electronics retailers.

Is it always the same people that post this on (different) forums or what?

I know right?!?! CLEARLY SWTOR has 5.5 million subs

Don't worry about the people asknig for server merges! They're just haters and trolls because they're scared SWTOR is the WOW KILLER!

Who is asking for server mergers?