Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that SWTOR is obviously a success

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

I think SWTOR would be more successful if both sides crossed paths on every planet - so there would be running battles.

However, somehow I don't think this is going to happen (because companies hate taking criticism and having to change).

That and also the fact that there are legions of carebears who would cry their eyes out if they were "forced" to do PvP. I mean isn't that why you have PvP servers? In games like SW:TOR PvP servers seem to be just a label as there is not much PvP going on in them anyway, beside the instanced one's which you have in PvE servers as well.

• hornedtoadhornedtoad Member UncommonPosts: 39

IMO, there's going to be a rapid drop in population over the next couple months.  Lvl 50 is straight up boring and people only log on for raids now 1-3x a week.  I wish I had done a 1 month subscription so I could cancel on Feb 20th or March 20th instead of doing a 3 month subscription and being locked in until April.  I hope they are motoring on trying to fix the issues and add something to do at 50 otherwise it certainly could be a ghost town in 3 months.

Lvling to 50:  Extremely fun

Playing at 50: Mind-numbing boring.  There's little point in doing HM flashpoints when you can go on an hour raid to EV and have 10+ pieces of gear drop vs. an hour+ flashpoint and have 1 piece of gear drop

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Why is it that the title of this thread makes me think of a "mission accomplished" banner hung on an aircraft carrier?

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by Vedra

Not only is SWTOR the biggest fiasco in MMORGP history, there probably never will be anything like it again.

It was the perfect storm of failure:

* Suits, bean counters, and marketing drones with dreams of hundreds of millions in WoW type profits

* One of the biggest IPs in the world, Star Wars

* A crappy and incompetent developer, Bioware

* And a giant publisher, EA, who thought throwing hundreds of millions at development would take down WoW

EA isn't going to make back even the lowest estimates, 100 million, of the money they wasted developing SWTOR.

No Sir... both Vanguard and FFXIV just off the top of my head were failures....  Compared to just these two games alone I would call it a success...lol. I should know, I dropped about $160.00 collective smackers on the two nuggets previously named. 

• HannibpHannibp Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by Adamai

sorry about not having the jokes !! and for... shall i say accidentally adding more letters than are required! lol, and Im proud of you too for having better english than me :) but as i said before!! i really am not going to proof read my own stuff!! well i might have done if there wasnt so much to proof read! in all fairness reading and writting i find rather boreing!  so i tend to put very little effort into. i hope this quells the anxiety in your mind. 

p.s. i didnt proof read this either ;) may i ask how long it took you to write your comment?.  mine takes just a few seconds. but then you can tell that by how it turned out. im going to take yet another guess that you take a conciderable amount of time more to write yours than i do mine! so your english isnt better! your just alot more proud of it than i am! maybe if i spoke german! i would be as good at german as you are at english. ive been speaking english since i was able to speak english! it gets kinda boreing. and dont panic!! i do actually do it right when it really needs to be done right.

so have you finished building your mountain yet ?

To answer your first question, it didn't take me long. In fact, I wrote like 3 or 4 replies in this thread since my last comment towards you and before your post. So your assumption is sort of... off. Good try, tho. I'm a pretty damn fast typer. Not that the ability to type faster has any correlation whatsoever with the knowledge of the English word.

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by Hannibp

I heard a rumor that the same sex romance option would be implemented with new companions, not the ones that are already there. Can't say if true.

I play on Republic side, and I lose 9 out of 10 games. While I'm attempting to plant bombs, defend bombs, take points, defend points, or just score or defend in Huttball, the rest of the team just seems to be always running in circles, or chasing random Imps around the map, completely ignoring the objectives of said WZ. For that reason, I also get barely any Valor points, while the others that don't do anything worthwhile, get all the medals.

I'm not feeling the mobility in SWTOR. And the Knock Backs and Pulls I've already had in several other games, including Aion. It's not really a new thing for me.

Lol, I'm not trying to be so negative, I'm sorry. I want to give the game a chance. I sort of want to play a healer next, and I'd like to see what the Bounty Hunter plays like. Maybe I'll grow to like the game.

That might be true, I've not heard that.

I'm an imp, what can I say, however the pubs I fight on "The Prophecy of Five" server are really good at PVP, they actually win a lot of fights where we out number them, and they fight well on WZ's, I do not look forward to fighting them when they're in an organized group.

I play an Inquisitor Assassin tank spec in PVP.   Try a Jedi Shadow or whatever, I personally love it, however everyone says that Sages and er... whats the republic equiv to a Juggernaunt?   Jedi Knight tank thing.... those are the best for WZ's merely because they have the most to offer.

Yeah I did play Aion, I was a cleric and a templar, never really felt mobile, did get a few grips and such but not so many knock backs or downs... I really like that about my class, other classes seem to have a lot of them as well from having fought them in PVP.

I'm waiting to roll an alt until the Legacy system is useful, i'm pretty sad its useless right now, shoulda done SOMETHING with it at lauch imo, anything really....  a cool mount at legacy level 50 lol....

Lol, my character is a Shadow, although Infiltration (mid tree, damage). The Republic equiv to a Juggernaut is the Guardian.

Yeah, I'm kinda waiting to roll an alt too. It seems the Legacy system will enable you to play other races not available currently to your faction.

I wish there was a sort of Barber Shop so I can change the ugly mask I'm wearing as a Miraluka, lol. It annoys me how I can't wear helmets because the hair and the mask glitch and the entire hair clips through it.

Also, they should fix (or, increment), gain of Social Points. I've done every quest from lvl 1 to 50 with a friend, and I'm Social Rank 6. The Speeder I wanted to get back on Hoth (which was like, what? Lvl 40?), required Social Rank 7.

Edit: What Forum software does this Forum use? It's really.. annoying, lol.

• waits1972waits1972 Member Posts: 46

I like the game.  I've been playing since 1 week before launch and am having a blast.  Occasionally the question comes up as to whether or not people intend on sticking around, and everyone I've encountered says "Yes."  The maturity level of the players (at least on the server I play on,) is refreshing.  Also, I'm making friends, enjoying everything from crafting to pvp, and exploring a new world.  I won't be leaving anytime soon.  I don't know where all this hostility towards the game is coming from.  If I'm not interested in a game I generally don't bother talking about it.  If I dislike a game I just don't play it.  I don't know what it is about SWTOR, but it sure stirs up some strong emotions in people.  I know that anger is generally a symptom of fear.  Maybe people feel threatened by it?  I don't know.  To be honest it really confuses me.  It's just a game.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Hannibp

Lol, my character is a Shadow, although Infiltration (mid tree, damage). The Republic equiv to a Juggernaut is the Guardian.

Yeah, I'm kinda waiting to roll an alt too. It seems the Legacy system will enable you to play other races not available currently to your faction.

I wish there was a sort of Barber Shop so I can change the ugly mask I'm wearing as a Miraluka, lol. It annoys me how I can't wear helmets because the hair and the mask glitch and the entire hair clips through it.

Also, they should fix (or, increment), gain of Social Points. I've done every quest from lvl 1 to 50 with a friend, and I'm Social Rank 6. The Speeder I wanted to get back on Hoth (which was like, what? Lvl 40?), required Social Rank 7.

Edit: What Forum software does this Forum use? It's really.. annoying, lol.

cool :-D

Yeah I want them to add in a barber shop and they really need to overhaul social points BADLY, both of those are very good points.

I just honestly can't find any other game thats quite as fun with the wow formula, tired of their BG's after years and tired of the current end game, I don't mind Themeparks, I like to try to excell at them and play them a little competitively, its what makes them fun for me. 

The Quality of SWTOR is hit and miss in different areas yet it provides a lot of quality game play where it counts.  For me.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by DarkPony

For starters: reasons to be in the actual gameworld(s) at max level, rather than waiting in a shopping mall for repetitive instanced content.

This^

I just.... I just can't play MMOs without open world content that is cooperative anymore.

PQs, Rifts type thing, Dynamic Events, whatever... give us something!

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Originally posted by Yamota

That and also the fact that there are legions of carebears who would cry their eyes out if they were "forced" to do PvP. I mean isn't that why you have PvP servers? In games like SW:TOR PvP servers seem to be just a label as there is not much PvP going on in them anyway, beside the instanced one's which you have in PvE servers as well.

They would have a point if they chose a PvE server and that was the case. Not sure it equates to them "crying their eyes out". Besides, a simple way to fix this would be to have the npcs on PVE servers virtual gods and the ones on PvP servers your run of the mill types that can easily be overrun by groups so people on both server types can enjoy the gameplay they like best. I really don't see what would be so difficult about implementing something along those lines. Now dealing with the lag this might cause is another thing and could possibly be a reason it was avoided.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by BadSpock

For starters: reasons to be in the actual gameworld(s) at max level, rather than waiting in a shopping mall for repetitive instanced content.

This^

I just.... I just can't play MMOs without open world content that is cooperative anymore.

I've found most of those things to be zerg fests, correct me if I'm wrong, and I only played Warhammer and Rift briefly at launch.

I like the concept I just don't see good execution.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

God, its like people rushed to end game and want it to replace their personal lives. What end game have you been satisfied with only 2 months after release as a comparison to what TOR should have done? I can't think of any MMO 2 months after release that was much better. Suggestion, go slower next time, play alts at the same time, or play multiple games at once. Hopefully they will release fixes quickly to the PVP end game so you can get bored of that 1 month later and then claim you didn't know what was coming after researching it for over a year.

There Is Always Hope!

Agree with others above. I see on fleet on the Jekk Jekk Tarr Server between 9-160 on average on the fleet even 12:30am West Coast Time. My guild is not getting smaller.  Pretty healthy to me. I can't see all of the servers since Im only on one to guess populations or make generalizations like those who hate the game keep doing.

As far as what I want added, same thing I posted to Bioware in my feedback to them even though I'm already enjoying the game without them:

What could be improved:

1) Leveling goes too fast. When I vary my leveling, especially with a little PVP or Space, it is way too easy to level where you end up completely skipping a planet. Even if you only PVE solo and try to do all of the quests on a planet, you will still be able to skip planets. I felt the leveling in vanilla WOW and LOTRO was at a more appropriate pace.

2) At first I didn't care, even stated so in the forums, but not having day/night cycles does break immersion. Swimming doesn't matter much to me, but I can't understand why every game before this implemented that but this game felt it would distract from whatever look they were going for. That makes no sense. Even in the movies they had day night cycles.

3) I know this would have been a huge feat, but there should have been more leveling parallel opportunities such as choosing between two planets rather than the linear feel of bouncing from planet to planet in a particular order. I would rather have had the planets be a little smaller if it mean there were branching choices at the same levels, like 2 planets between levels 30-33, etc.

4) Taris had too may quests around Rhakouls or whatever they are called and felt like it just kept going on an on with no real change in how the different areas looked.

5) The enemy AI did not live up to expectation based on comments given by Bioware pre beta. They really don't seem any different than any other game I have played, other than those that duck for cover.

6) The NPCs are static just like in every other MMO. Even WOW though had school children roaming around etc. There is an occasional robot that does something, but even at the hit to FPS or lag, you should have made the worlds feel more alive in the cities. People should be walking around. NPCS should move around. After 8 or 9 years of this stuff, I would have liked to have seen more. 

7) Need a LFG tool. The spamming channels isn't the best way and labeling yourself as available for a group never works in any game. No one ever looks at it.

8) Having to worry about leveling the companions you are not using is annoying, especially if a quest requires them. There was one like that with Kira who I wasn't using.

9) Crafting is boring for me, though I find it boring in every game. 

10) UI. I think you know how the community feels about this. Really you need to stop dragging your feet with this.

11) Though I don't think you need the game to be dynamic like the upcoming Guild Wars 2 is claiming to be, I do think you can still do some time of events that occasional occur, like an invasion of a city by a 3rd faction, or a random occurrence of an NPC boss, or something that just occasionally changes the scenery similar to the Xmas events WOW would do even if its not fitting for a Star Wars Universe. People like change. 

12) I think you should have removed the alignment view when choosing a what to say in a conversation with the quest NPC. It would have made it more fun and interesting. I know someone can turn off that option, but I don't even think it should be an option. It would have spurred a lot of fun talk in the guilds and elsewhere over reactions people got. Also, why are they always in the same order? The good alignment is always first, the dark last. I mean, mix it up to make it more fun.

13) Not enough Mini Games. I mean I didn't like Paazak in the KOTOR I, but I was expecting to see a lot of mini games in the cantinas. To have less then the original from years ago was  a little silly.

14) Space is OK. I knew what to expect. However, I have no real desire to play it.

15) I don't like having black screens when I ride elevators. 

16) Character customization was a disappointment.

17) Disappointing graphic choices for those with powerful PCs like mine. I should be able to push the graphics more since I have so much margin for error with the current FPS.

There Is Always Hope!

Originally posted by keithian

God, its like people rushed to end game and want it to replace their personal lives. What end game have you been satisfied with only 2 months after release as a comparison to what TOR should have done? I can't think of any MMO 2 months after release that was much better. Suggestion, go slower next time, play alts at the same time, or play multiple games at once. Hopefully they will release fixes quickly to the PVP end game so you can get bored of that 1 month later.

So I'm real curious. When exactly is it deemed someone reached level 50 and didn't somehow rush to get there? I mean maybe it is just me but sure seems anymore that even though in most games it takes less and less time to get to max level that people will use this reasoning for longer and longer time periods.

I haven't gotten the memo yet on this so really just curious? When exactly is it considered okay to be at max level?

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BardusBardus Member Posts: 460

Originally posted by matraque

What would you like to see added next?

I personally would like to see them iterate on space.  SWG was a big pile of garbage, but space was really fun.

I would like to see the MMO added to this "MMO" and then we'll be able to ask if it's a success. Until then my vote goes to unsuccessful pile of garbage same as you spewwed hate on SWG and pretty much disqualified yourself as having any intellectual capacity to post meaningful opinions.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

This^

Well, maybe GW2 won't fail to deliver on that front. ex-TOR supporters, there is still hope. But it is only that, hope.

imageimage
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

This^

Well, maybe GW2 won't fail to deliver on that front. ex-TOR supporters, there is still hope. But it is only that, hope.

I have a feeling that most forum goers will never be happy. You might not see the same complaints but there will be complaints. 

I'm thinking the best way to enjoy the games is not to visit any forums at all.

Agree with others above. I see on fleet on the Jekk Jekk Tarr Server between 9-160 on average on the fleet even 12:30am West Coast Time. My guild is not getting smaller.  Pretty healthy to me. I can't see all of the servers since Im only on one to guess populations or make generalizations like those who hate the game keep doing.

As far as what I want added, same thing I posted to Bioware in my feedback to them even though I'm already enjoying the game without them:

What could be improved:

1) Leveling goes too fast. When I vary my leveling, especially with a little PVP or Space, it is way too easy to level where you end up completely skipping a planet. Even if you only PVE solo and try to do all of the quests on a planet, you will still be able to skip planets. I felt the leveling in vanilla WOW and LOTRO was at a more appropriate pace.  I agree, I wish the leveling was slower and that they had maybe started at 40 cap and continued unlocking things slowly like how TERA did for their Korean release 50 -> 60

2) At first I didn't care, even stated so in the forums, but not having day/night cycles does break immersion. Swimming doesn't matter much to me, but I can't understand why every game before this implemented that but this game felt it would distract from whatever look they were going for. That makes no sense. Even in the movies they had day night cycles.   I really never, ever notice.  Then people would complain that tattoine which has two suns shouldn't have the same day night cycle as the rest of the planets etc.

3) I know this would have been a huge feat, but there should have been more leveling parallel opportunities such as choosing between two planets rather than the linear feel of bouncing from planet to planet in a particular order. I would rather have had the planets be a little smaller if it mean there were branching choices at the same levels, like 2 planets between levels 30-33, etc.  ALL new MMOs fail here, DAOC, FFXI, EQ, we could choose where to level, WoW sorta but there was really only one optimal way for the most part (per faction)  anything post WoW has slimed it down to one leveling path, very sad about this trend.

4) Taris had too may quests around Rhakouls or whatever they are called and felt like it just kept going on an on with no real change in how the different areas looked.   Its called Fan service, and I like being serviced dang it!   but no seriously I sorta agree with you, though again the planet sorta seemed to fly by so I can't really complain too much about there feeling like there was "too many rahkghouls"

5) The enemy AI did not live up to expectation based on comments given by Bioware pre beta. They really don't seem any different than any other game I have played, other than those that duck for cover.   Yeah some mobs are more clever but for the most part its very generic AI

6) The NPCs are static just like in every other MMO. Even WOW though had school children roaming around etc. There is an occasional robot that does something, but even at the hit to FPS or lag, you should have made the worlds feel more alive in the cities. People should be walking around. NPCS should move around. After 8 or 9 years of this stuff, I would have liked to have seen more.  I see a l ot of NPCs fighting other NPCs all the time, not sure what your complaint is, maybe the vendors on the space station aren't talking to each other?

7) Need a LFG tool. The spamming channels isn't the best way and labeling yourself as available for a group never works in any game. No one ever looks at it.  LFD kills community, I've never had a problem finding a group even at 4am server time.

8) Having to worry about leveling the companions you are not using is annoying, especially if a quest requires them. There was one like that with Kira who I wasn't using.   I'm assuming you m ean their gear?  you can swap their gear amongst them, as long as they're the same armor / stat type.  I mostly stuck to one companion but I don't see it being too hard to gear up two at once.

9) Crafting is boring for me, though I find it boring in every game.   Me too, I don't like crafting ever really.

10) UI. I think you know how the community feels about this. Really you need to stop dragging your feet with this.    Its in the next patch, hold your horses.

11) Though I don't think you need the game to be dynamic like the upcoming Guild Wars 2 is claiming to be, I do think you can still do some time of events that occasional occur, like an invasion of a city by a 3rd faction, or a random occurrence of an NPC boss, or something that just occasionally changes the scenery similar to the Xmas events WOW would do even if its not fitting for a Star Wars Universe. People like change.  agree

12) I think you should have removed the alignment view when choosing a what to say in a conversation with the quest NPC. It would have made it more fun and interesting. I know someone can turn off that option, but I don't even think it should be an option. It would have spurred a lot of fun talk in the guilds and elsewhere over reactions people got. Also, why are they always in the same order? The good alignment is always first, the dark last. I mean, mix it up to make it more fun.They do mix it up, for instance in the first FP for empire kill the captian is choice 1 and save him is choice 2, hmmm that seems to directly contradict your statement.  As for not showing an alignment choice, KOTOR showed it, every bioware game has shown if something is good or evil, its part of their games.

13) Not enough Mini Games. I mean I didn't like Paazak in the KOTOR I, but I was expecting to see a lot of mini games in the cantinas. To have less then the original from years ago was  a little silly.  I don't really like mini games, but I recognize the need for them.

14) Space is OK. I knew what to expect. However, I have no real desire to play it.  Agree, though they're adding in daily commendations for doing some of them at high level, its just not compelling, and by then I'll not need daily commendations.

15) I don't like having black screens when I ride elevators.   Sometimes they last longer than needed and you can walk and move around, its annoying.

16) Character customization was a disappointment.  I agree for the most part, but I really don't like too MUCH customization ala Aion.  I feel a little bit more would be nice.

17) Disappointing graphic choices for those with powerful PCs like mine. I should be able to push the graphics more since I have so much margin for error with the current FPS.  I would like for them to add back in the Hi-rez option but I see the reasons they have for not doing it too, seems a bit of spin to some extent but everybody has an agenda.

Though I agree with you for the most part I still think the game has many redeaming qualities, I enjoy a lot of their gameplay and hope they add in what is "missing" and they continue to produce more content.

Until then I'm satisfied for a month or so... we'll see how this next patch leaves me feeling.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

God, its like people rushed to end game and want it to replace their personal lives. What end game have you been satisfied with only 2 months after release as a comparison to what TOR should have done? I can't think of any MMO 2 months after release that was much better. Suggestion, go slower next time, play alts at the same time, or play multiple games at once. Hopefully they will release fixes quickly to the PVP end game so you can get bored of that 1 month later.

So I'm real curious. When exactly is it deemed someone reached level 50 and didn't somehow rush to get there? I mean maybe it is just me but sure seems anymore that even though in most games it takes less and less time to get to max level that people will use this reasoning for longer and longer time periods.

I haven't gotten the memo yet on this so really just curious? When exactly is it considered okay to be at max level?

When you leave your house for work, do other things like sports, gym, movies, friends, etc, and then realize you are not at level 50 in 1 month. lol

There Is Always Hope!

What could be improved:

1) Leveling goes too fast. When I vary my leveling, especially with a little PVP or Space, it is way too easy to level where you end up completely skipping a planet. Even if you only PVE solo and try to do all of the quests on a planet, you will still be able to skip planets. I felt the leveling in vanilla WOW and LOTRO was at a more appropriate pace.  I agree, I wish the leveling was slower and that they had maybe started at 40 cap and continued unlocking things slowly like how TERA did for their Korean release 50 -> 60

2) At first I didn't care, even stated so in the forums, but not having day/night cycles does break immersion. Swimming doesn't matter much to me, but I can't understand why every game before this implemented that but this game felt it would distract from whatever look they were going for. That makes no sense. Even in the movies they had day night cycles.   I really never, ever notice.  Then people would complain that tattoine which has two suns shouldn't have the same day night cycle as the rest of the planets etc.

3) I know this would have been a huge feat, but there should have been more leveling parallel opportunities such as choosing between two planets rather than the linear feel of bouncing from planet to planet in a particular order. I would rather have had the planets be a little smaller if it mean there were branching choices at the same levels, like 2 planets between levels 30-33, etc.  ALL new MMOs fail here, DAOC, FFXI, EQ, we could choose where to level, WoW sorta but there was really only one optimal way for the most part (per faction)  anything post WoW has slimed it down to one leveling path, very sad about this trend.

4) Taris had too may quests around Rhakouls or whatever they are called and felt like it just kept going on an on with no real change in how the different areas looked.   Its called Fan service, and I like being serviced dang it!   but no seriously I sorta agree with you, though again the planet sorta seemed to fly by so I can't really complain too much about there feeling like there was "too many rahkghouls"

5) The enemy AI did not live up to expectation based on comments given by Bioware pre beta. They really don't seem any different than any other game I have played, other than those that duck for cover.   Yeah some mobs are more clever but for the most part its very generic AI

6) The NPCs are static just like in every other MMO. Even WOW though had school children roaming around etc. There is an occasional robot that does something, but even at the hit to FPS or lag, you should have made the worlds feel more alive in the cities. People should be walking around. NPCS should move around. After 8 or 9 years of this stuff, I would have liked to have seen more.  I see a l ot of NPCs fighting other NPCs all the time, not sure what your complaint is, maybe the vendors on the space station aren't talking to each other?

7) Need a LFG tool. The spamming channels isn't the best way and labeling yourself as available for a group never works in any game. No one ever looks at it.  LFD kills community, I've never had a problem finding a group even at 4am server time.

8) Having to worry about leveling the companions you are not using is annoying, especially if a quest requires them. There was one like that with Kira who I wasn't using.   I'm assuming you m ean their gear?  you can swap their gear amongst them, as long as they're the same armor / stat type.  I mostly stuck to one companion but I don't see it being too hard to gear up two at once.

9) Crafting is boring for me, though I find it boring in every game.   Me too, I don't like crafting ever really.

10) UI. I think you know how the community feels about this. Really you need to stop dragging your feet with this.    Its in the next patch, hold your horses.

11) Though I don't think you need the game to be dynamic like the upcoming Guild Wars 2 is claiming to be, I do think you can still do some time of events that occasional occur, like an invasion of a city by a 3rd faction, or a random occurrence of an NPC boss, or something that just occasionally changes the scenery similar to the Xmas events WOW would do even if its not fitting for a Star Wars Universe. People like change.  agree

12) I think you should have removed the alignment view when choosing a what to say in a conversation with the quest NPC. It would have made it more fun and interesting. I know someone can turn off that option, but I don't even think it should be an option. It would have spurred a lot of fun talk in the guilds and elsewhere over reactions people got. Also, why are they always in the same order? The good alignment is always first, the dark last. I mean, mix it up to make it more fun.They do mix it up, for instance in the first FP for empire kill the captian is choice 1 and save him is choice 2, hmmm that seems to directly contradict your statement.  As for not showing an alignment choice, KOTOR showed it, every bioware game has shown if something is good or evil, its part of their games.

13) Not enough Mini Games. I mean I didn't like Paazak in the KOTOR I, but I was expecting to see a lot of mini games in the cantinas. To have less then the original from years ago was  a little silly.  I don't really like mini games, but I recognize the need for them.

14) Space is OK. I knew what to expect. However, I have no real desire to play it.  Agree, though they're adding in daily commendations for doing some of them at high level, its just not compelling, and by then I'll not need daily commendations.

15) I don't like having black screens when I ride elevators.   Sometimes they last longer than needed and you can walk and move around, its annoying.

16) Character customization was a disappointment.  I agree for the most part, but I really don't like too MUCH customization ala Aion.  I feel a little bit more would be nice.

17) Disappointing graphic choices for those with powerful PCs like mine. I should be able to push the graphics more since I have so much margin for error with the current FPS.  I would like for them to add back in the Hi-rez option but I see the reasons they have for not doing it too, seems a bit of spin to some extent but everybody has an agenda.

Though I agree with you for the most part I still think the game has many redeaming qualities, I enjoy a lot of their gameplay and hope they add in what is "missing" and they continue to produce more content.

Until then I'm satisfied for a month or so... we'll see how this next patch leaves me feeling.

I totally agree with you. I had 20 things in my feedback to Bioware that I liked as well, but this thread was only focused on what I want improved, so I just listed those :-).

There Is Always Hope!

When you leave your house for work, do other things like sports, gym, movies, friends, etc, and then realize you are not at level 50 in 1 month. lol

Well...then don't their points have some validity to them since that magical month threshold has passed?

Guess I'm in the cool group because I don't have a 50 yet either. Sweet.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

"obviously a success" funny thread!

No server right this moment is above standard, although Tomb of Freedon Nadd is fluctationg between Heavy and Standard.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

This^

I've found most of those things to be zerg fests, correct me if I'm wrong, and I only played Warhammer and Rift briefly at launch.

I like the concept I just don't see good execution.

Have em scale and it'd be different. Well when you mean by zerg fest you mean players outnumbering the quest making it not even seem to be there, right?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

SWG was no fear of maxxing out. Had fun levelling up and had fun at end level. Played when I wanted, and as much as I wanted.

8.5 years playing solid, virually 24/7 all that time, never got bored of it at all. The 10, 000 hours in Xfire was mainly from 2005 that included the NGE, as only signed up to Xfire in Oct 2005.

Bioware just needs to add more things in game that keep you hooked, and side attractions to slow down the levelling.

Also not much point doing alts atm, if they do do something as then you will not feel like doing more alts just to experience the alterations. eg If you level up 8 characters to 50, and the Bioware add in more interesting stuff at say 10, 20 would you want to level up another character just to see the brief additions?

Originally posted by superniceguy

Bioware just needs to add more things in game that keep you hooked, and side attractions to slow down the levelling.

I agree. Not sure why companies keep getting a free pass from some. I mean you only have the same complaints popping up all the time. Instead they make it easier and quicker to reach max level. Not to mention how solo oriented these games are while leveling.

Then people wonder why this complaint pops up or those that did reach max don't want to simply gear grind in raids. Like this should be the least bit surprising considering how quickly they allow leveling and  the majority of these games are so solo oriented until then.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

A reason to play beyond repeating the same few dalies over and over again to grind gear which will only allow me to do the exact same tasks a little more easily.