Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best MMO ever...

2»

Comments

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

They real question is, why don't they ever come out with a Pokemon Red/Blue/yellow/etc. etc. but for a 3D platform...  Is it so hard?

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Ultima Online the first year.

EverQuest the first 3 years

DarkAge of Camelot the first year

..... most games are ruined when children find their message board, so these games are now ruined and no longer even resembles the originals.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Originally posted by Phelcher

Ultima Online the first year.

EverQuest the first 3 years

DarkAge of Camelot the first year

..... most games are ruined when children find their message board, so these games are now ruined and no longer even resembles the originals.

This unfortunately happens to every game from 2004 and onwards.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

The entire structure of the Pokemon games is practically begging to be made into an MMORPG.  It's as if someone took a game concept intended for MMORPGs from the start, and then said, nah, let's make it into a single player game.  It wouldn't be like picking a random popular IP and trying to make an MMORPG out of it.

The other old console game that I thought needed to be made into an MMORPG was Uncharted Waters: New Horizons.  And that worked out pretty well, I'd say.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Maybe a Pokemon set in the 7 year apocalypse, not a nuclear one, the biblical one. Right there is your faction war: Pokemon or undead demon spawn. Would be ace just to watch lol

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428
    i remember an article on an interview with some of the devs a while back ago. i believe they said it would never happen because they want to keep the series in a place where different players can meet up together and play/trade with eachother IN PERSON rather than just another online thing.