Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6 Days to go!!!!!!!!

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Yea, well it's not release in 6 days, BUT there is lift of NDA from the Press beta event!! Woohoo:) 

What do you guys ecpect to see except from WvW? 

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Please don't post a thread like this everyday until the 20th.

• schlixschlix Member Posts: 31

lets post this everyday anyway!!!!

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

It's not a lift of any NDA. It's the end of the press embargo on Press Beta coverage, but there will still be some limits on what they can share. It looks like they can talk about their experiences and they probably will be able to share approved screenshots and hopefully video, but they won't be able to just dump every bit of information they might have been able to "mine" from the game.

We don't know how extensive the press beta was. If it was full closed beta access to the entire game, then I'm sure Arenanet will closely manage what they can share beyond their personal experiences. If it was a limited, focused event that didn't feature the entire game, then they may give them a lot of freedom to talk about what was in their limited build, while maintaining a tight lid on features and content they don't want to share yet.

Still, very excited as well! :)

Did I mention I really, really hope they will allow the press to share video?

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• 17Omega17Omega Member Posts: 44

Source?

Not to be rude because from what I remember they stated that the NDA is still running and won't be lifted, I mean I'm excited for some goody info on how the mesmer plays out and siege weapons and stuff (if they can talk about it).

I just hope ANET puts up new info in the blog next Monday.

• ComfyChairComfyChair Member Posts: 758

Quite a few sites, including MMORPG.com will be releasing information on the 20th. But it is indeed NOT a general lifting of the NDA.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

For people who didn't catch it:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/excitement-twitter-press-beta-event-t26796.html?p=1094386#post1094386

ArenaNet

Ok, before this get's out of hand:

We just started sending out invites. And no, I personally do not have the list of who will get invited.

Also: We will NOT lift the NDA, selected members of the press will be allowed to talk about their gaming experience. No general lifting of the NDA.

Hope that helps, you all have a great weekend.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

The only new tidbits that are garuanteed to be talked about are the early levels of the Personal Story, for all the races, certain zones for DEs and the Mesmer. I'm mostly hoping for some Dungeon and WvWvW gameplay, but I won't hold my breath.

• GlyalithGlyalith Member UncommonPosts: 35

I am looking forward to any new info that comes out.  The game looks very fluid from the videos I've seen.

I am definitly interested in seeing more of the "combo" abilities with other classes.  So many games coming out this year I feel like I have to try them all!

Anyway, let's cross our fingers for some juicy information even if it's unlikely!

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

I am hopeful that I won't see another event of the media being "paid off" again like I saw with SWTOR's media info-breakout.

Although, "hope" begets "despair" in most cases :(.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

i would not expect any worthwhile opinions outside of Necrobator, Giantbomb and perhaps G4(if it's Casey instead of adam and morgan). IGN and all the rest will basically give the usual "this new mmo is perfect" bullshit, and they won't explore anyhting.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Well, after all it's not like dropping the press NDA will result in tons of articles of only hype, bias and brainwash for the purpose of one thing only: to tell the readers to buy the damn game, hence making good friends with the publisher to rake in add-money.

/sarcasm

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418

Can't wait to see some Mesmer game play :)

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

Awesome, but don't post these. I had successfully put the thought into the back of my mind. I would have been pleasently surprised, now I'll once again be counting the days.

Mind not that I expect a lot. It's a press beta, so obviously we are going to get rosy 'beta reviews' no matter what. But that said.. I cant wait to see what Massively has to say, and the GW Insider articles and the Guildcast next week!

Specifically I'd like to see some (and read about some) WvWvW. Since we know that a group of devs has been designing that aspect of the game for a number of months now, hopefully it's in the press beta and since you get jump into WvWvW from level 1 (right after the starting area) I'm hoping at least some of the press spent the whole damn weakened wrecking each other lol.

I also am drooling for some actual Mesmer gameplay already!

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Ppl get so hyped about this game. I would not be suprised if someone here declare that GW2 cures from cancer, prolong life, makes blind able to see again , crippled to walk and so on.
    There will be alot of rage here when GW2 comes out.
    Ppl have really high and unreal expectations, and they go around and post how this game will be better in every aspect then any other game without even playing it.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by kostoslav

Ppl get so hyped about this game. I would not be suprised if someone here declare that GW2 cures from cancer, prolong life, makes blind able to see again , crippled to walk and so on.

But it does >.< it cures everything!.....

Anyways if we are done trying to start a flame war on the forums, let's talk about how excited us fans are (not fanatics, not fanbois just fans) about the game and how it as a model could change the industry if people actually pay attention to what they are doing and how they are not just throwing some code or graphics around and not just releasing it because the company who funds the project is getting antsy about it needing to bring in big bucks so they release it too early or something. ahem

Let's talk about who exactly will have video footage of gameplay and who as far as press contacts is the easiest to check out when they do release the footage?! I'd love to know. 

As a side note and as an avid pve'er i cannot wait to see what else they have in store for us literally and figuratively concerning in town fun, what the dungeons are like in explore mode, what the underwater areas are like in and out of dungeons etc.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

Ppl have really high and unreal expectations, and they go around and post how this game will be better in every aspect then any other game without even playing it.

I am so so afraid that will be the case :)

Then again i was never so hyped for any other game till this date. So that must mean something ^^.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

just give me the game already :P PLEEEAAASSSEEE

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

Originally posted by Djildjamesh

Then again i was never so hyped for any other game till this date. So that must mean something ^^.

I am very excited about it too, all I am trying to say is that some ppl go too far with their hype, their imagination goes wild, and that will end up with them being disappointed

I am very excited about it too, all I am trying to say is that some ppl go too far with their hype, their imagination goes wild, and that will end up with them being disappointed

Well just do what I plan to do and avoid the forums as much as you can, for the first 2 - 3 months, because the game will generate some hate. Any minor issue a player has, even if it is design decision, they will rage about. Like those that believe an "Open World" means a "Seamless World", will be disappointed once they hit the 1st loading screen, whilst entering a city.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Don't confuse hype (press coverage) with expectations and anticipation from followers.

The hype train, when the product is marketed, will start in 6 days. Then we'll see how good the game actually is, because people who are allowed to talk about it have played it for more than 45 minutes.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Dont expect anything new. If there is new info it will be trival as AN will want to release new info at their shows like PAX. So get ready for lots of fluff and warm fuzzy reading that makes you feel like you just lost 3hr of your life reading things you knew or already figured out.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

They rarely release info at conventions.

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

*faints*

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I actually think there are far more posts "reminding" GW2 fans that there exist a group of fanbois that are overhyped for the game than there are posts from actual overhyped fans.

This is why these kinds of posts are irritating.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768

Ppl have really high and unreal expectations, and they go around and post how this game will be better in every aspect then any other game without even playing.

All i have to say to this is, SO WHAT.  Hype is only what you make it. if someone hypes the game up to much for there own good how does that bother you or your experience. No one can hype it so much that it ruins your experience.