Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Same Old Bitching

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

I guess those who like the game are too busy playing to drop in on this forum. I came to have a look as the MMORPG.com main articles have been a bit slow.

Still playing SWtOR, still enjoying myself, not playing beta and not racing to 50 might have something to do with that.

Comments

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Enjoy your alts and dont even bother to get them to lvl 50, best way to enjoy the game.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Scot

I guess those who like the game are too busy playing to drop in on this forum. I came to have a look as the MMORPG.com main articles have been a bit slow.

Still playing SWtOR, still enjoying myself, not playing beta and not racing to 50 might have something to do with that.

Wise man.  Over the years i have just given up on the idea of racing to the cap and just enjoy the game at a reasonable pace.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Pretty much. I haven't been on this site too much lately. Had a disagreement with the powers that be. That said, I've found I enjoy gaming more since I've stayed away from this site. Truth is the vast majority of the entries here (and most internet sites) is negative.

Got an IA to 50 and finished his story. Working on my BH (lvl 23) next and still running my Assassin with my wife (lvl 33) and am enjoying every minute of it. Also playing Kingdoms of Amalur and spending some time playing The Darkness II.

If someone is not feeling it with SWTOR I'd suggest stop going to gaming forums for a month or two. Sure, visit the front page for news but stay away from the areas where other people can add their opinions.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

I guess it is because SWTOR is fast levelling even if you are not rushing it.

I rushed it with LOTRO and my main character is still in its 30s, and I was there in Beta and Launch after 500 hours of playing. SWTOR is just quest after quest after quest. There are not many side attractions in SWTOR, and even crafting your companions do it for you, and when they put in the events in LOTRO (which Bioware say SWTOR will not get) that kept me distracted from levelling up.

Slowing down deliberately just mean you are paying more money to play the game, which is just crazy to me. Best thing to do is jus blast through at your usual speed, wait a year for more content, then sub for another month or so, and blast through it all again.

Or better yet Bioware wakes up and adds some real content that will keep people subbing, which is what all the "bitching" is for

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Yep the game is perfect - same old bitching here - just go back and play your version of paradise.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Pretty much. I haven't been on this site too much lately. Had a disagreement with the powers that be. That said, I've found I enjoy gaming more since I've stayed away from this site. Truth is the vast majority of the entries here (and most internet sites) is negative.

Got an IA to 50 and finished his story. Working on my BH (lvl 23) next and still running my Assassin with my wife (lvl 33) and am enjoying every minute of it. Also playing Kingdoms of Amalur and spending some time playing The Darkness II.

If someone is not feeling it with SWTOR I'd suggest stop going to gaming forums for a month or two. Sure, visit the front page for news but stay away from the areas where other people can add their opinions.

Cant say Im surprised you and Scot.. are loving this game. But Iv missed fighting with you on the forums.. So I hope you get tired soon so we can have some FUN... PvP on the forums again...

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Playing at X pace does not mean that there should not be enough content/features/exploration/ for other customers.

As said before many people with an hour or less a day to play have made it to 50 now.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by stayontarget

Wise man.  Over the years i have just given up on the idea of racing to the cap and just enjoy the game at a reasonable pace.

If ya can't do it, then NO newer MMO will make you happy.  The year-long grinds and time sinks are a thing of the past.

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

LOL @ too buy playing. old repunlic fans are by far the most active creatures on this site. too busy repeating the misatakes of the Warhammer fanboys is more like it.

Originally posted by superniceguy

I guess it is because SWTOR is fast levelling even if you are not rushing it.

I rushed it with LOTRO and my main character is still in its 30s, and I was there in Beta and Launch after 500 hours of playing. SWTOR is just quest after quest after quest. There are not many side attractions in SWTOR, and even crafting your companions do it for you, and when they put in the events in LOTRO (which Bioware say SWTOR will not get) that kept me distracted from levelling up.

I'd put LotRO at about a 200 hour drive.  That's more than a character in TOR, but TOR has 2 factions with their own content.

It used to be a bit longer, but with a solo option for epic quests and skirmishes that you can pop into any time, you can level pretty quickly.

But I agree about LotRO's distractions, and that that can be a major factor in holding subs.  There's just something about having places to go that feel lived in.  Having crafting areas where players are all making stuff.  Having the prancing pony.  Maybe it's the lore that puts that feeling in me...

...but that's something TOR just doesn't have.  I still like the game, but I think that will keep a good number of people from staying indefinitely.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

Originally posted by fony

LOL @ too buy playing. old repunlic fans are by far the most active creatures on this site. too busy repeating the misatakes of the Warhammer fanboys is more like it.

Then we have people like this who clearly dosent understand He now looks like a CLOWN...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297234

Im really having allot of fun for free just rolling around froums on the Internet... ROFLing at the idiocracy (watch that movie if you havent)

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I enjoy playing when ablout 3 of my friends are on. Other than that, I'm almost always logging out after about 10 minutes of gameplay.

Originally posted by Zlayer77

Originally posted by fony

Then we have people like this who clearly dosent understand He now looks like a CLOWN...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297234

Im really having allot of fun for free just rolling around froums on the Internet... ROFLing at the idiocracy (watch that movie if you havent)

yep!  That's pretty dumb.  Games CAN improve over time.  But if you flat out HATE a game, don't plan on being able to like it a month later.

LotRO felt ultra weak to me at launch.  I trialed that game 4 times over the first couple years.  Couldn't get into it, but then, the 4th time was the charm and I've been subbed ever since.

This discussion has been closed.