Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Gamebreaker folks are ripping this game a new one

Comments

• MckiedizMckiediz Member Posts: 48
    It is all about combat and may be character customization.

I see a lot a people burnt out on tab targeting combat playing this game, other than that...ehhh, we'll see.

What TERA is missing? Some PvP players making educated videos about that TERA's pvp. They would explain, showcast, enlight what TERA offers that could be so refreshing and interesting to the PvP gameplay mecanic in the future.

Then you love TeRA? it's up to you guys.
  • baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

Originally posted by Soraksis

Nah, OP your good, this game is utter garbage.  You were right to listen to others and not spend a dime on this turd. 

People bash TOR for not being MMO enough for them saying its a single player game, well there is even less reason to group in Tera.  Your starting HP is insane and mobs dont hurt when they hit.  You can basically charge in with your sorcerer stand toe to toe with the mobs blow them to hell and loot the healing motes they drop and run off without a scratch.  There is absolutely no need for strategy or skill to play this game.  So much for that innovative combat design.   I would advise everyone to pass on this one unless your into F2P games that you have to pay a sub for. 

Remember how you had to be very careful with the kobolds in the starting area of WoW. Remember how accidentally not min-maxing your gear and rotation/prioritization was doom?

That's how it is....

Oh, wait. Yeah, my bad. You only have like 2 skills to start, and the mobs were easy. Sorry, I must have been misremembering.

Yeah - 

So the learning phase of TERA gives you 2 skills, then 3, then 4, etc., the initial mobs are weak and you have a lot of HP.

Just like most games.

Watch Egoraptors sequelitis video on why Megaman X was so ballsout awesome in its desing. Similar idea in this. You are given margin of error to work into a much more complicated and difficult way of playing than slamming your buttons and waiting for things to come off CD.

It's funny that the Gamebreakertv guys didn't notice that the game progresses to have the same cooldown wathcing and rotation/prioritization as WoW and the like BUT THROWS IN AIMING and FAR MORE ACTION.

TERA is fun as hell. Longevity, I can say that I stayed interested in the Korean version longer than I was interested in SWTOR, and I LOVED SWTOR for the first 2 weeks. LOVE IT! Best leveling experience in a MMO.

BUT

Despite TERA being incomprehensible to me as a story (I know speaka da Korean), TERA's combat and graphics were compelling enough to get me playing longer and make me want to buy the US version.

The guys at gamebreakertv have their own thing going on, but Rift is boring as shit and SWTOR is so disappointing a waste of IP that I would be loathe to listen to people caught up in those games.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Originally posted by sanosukex

I used to PVP a lot with Taugrim in Rift but after he went to swtor and proclaimed how great that pvp was compared to rift I stopped listening to anything he says.. 

as for the game it's always best to make your own opinions.. since anyone who pre-orders can get into these closed beta tests just pre-order from amazon and you won't get charged you will get a key then just cancel your pre-order if you don't like the game.

I always laugh at people that deem themselves as great pvp players and then proclaim the sluggish, unresponsive  and completely clicky pvp gameplay in tor as good. Tor is a pvp disaster.

Teras pvp on the other hand cannot be played by clickers  and thats score 1 for the game.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

LOLOLOL

They say tab target is better?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

NO tab target game takes any skill what so ever. Taugrim seems to thing Swtor pvp is good, guys having a laugh.

Who has the biggest boots always wins in these sort of tab target games, simple as that.

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by fony

While i am quite disappointed in TERA, the Gamebreaker people will not like any MMO that is too different from WoW, and of course anything asian. idk what other WoW clones are coming out this year, so don't expect any kind of balanced opinion from them on any upcoming game. they will dislike them all.

The Gamebreaker people do seem to be excited for GW2, and they didn't criticize TERA for it's alternative take on combat but because of the boring quests.

they haven't managed to move past GW2 not having raids and mounts for the entire 2 years they've known about it, and best believe it'll be played up in a huge way when the game is out. everyone is excited for that game on some level, even the people who troll it or claim to not be impressed.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I loved the idiots hwo kept the tab targeting on in SWG NGE. You would do much more damage by manually targeting.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

Actually they bashed the game even before trying it. Watch the shows. Garry decided that is too asian and grindy and thats it. If you ask me, very trollish and unprofessional.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

From what I've seen of the GameBreaker folks, they tend to bash on whatever game they aren't currently into. So, no surprise there.

I've seen a few of their videos where they are ripping into a game that they obviously spent absolutely little to no time into becoming familiar with, or getting themselves caught up in its current status, etc. They gleefully rattle off information that could have been obsolete for months as though it was still current events. All in the name of trashing a game they don't like.

I remember for FFXIV they did a video where the misinformation and ill-informed opinions were rattled off at a machine gun's pace. FFXIV was a mess and SE definitely deserves the criticism they're receiving for it, but the way the GB folks were railing on things that had long since been addressed in-game was inexcusable.

I get a kick out of MikeB's presentation and style. He can be a pretty funny guy and definitely has the charisma for his chosen medium. His penchant for consistently rattling off wrong information in service of pushing his own opinion puts a huge scar on his credibility where I'm concerned, though. So, I watch his videos purely for entertainment, to enjoy his funny insights and clever asides. I never watch them to keep up on what's what in gaming news.

Personally, I wouldn't take much of what they say on that show with more than a grain of salt. They're no different than your typical forum-goer. Only difference is, their opinions are given in video form.

I do think there's value in checking others' opinions when doing initial research on a possible new game, but I would also bear in mind that it's only their opinions. You may find yourself completely at odds with them. The best experience is personal experience. Check the game out for yourself, if you can get the opportunity, and decide what you think of it.

Trollish and unproffesional are how i label almost all of these talking head internet reviewers.

Originally posted by TangentPoint

From what I've seen of the GameBreaker folks, they tend to bash on whatever game they aren't currently into. So, no surprise there.

I've seen a few of their videos where they are ripping into a game that they obviously spent absolutely little to no time into becoming familiar with, or getting themselves caught up in its current status, etc. They gleefully rattle off information that could have been obsolete for months as though it was still current events. All in the name of trashing a game they don't like.

I remember for FFXIV they did a video where the misinformation and ill-informed opinions were rattled off at a machine gun's pace. FFXIV was a mess and SE definitely deserves the criticism they're receiving for it, but the way the GB folks were railing on things that had long since been addressed in-game was inexcusable.

I get a kick out of MikeB's presentation and style. He can be a pretty funny guy and definitely has the charisma for his chosen medium. His penchant for consistently rattling off wrong information in service of pushing his own opinion puts a huge scar on his credibility where I'm concerned, though. So, I watch his videos purely for entertainment, to enjoy his funny insights and clever asides. I never watch them to keep up on what's what in gaming news.

Personally, I wouldn't take much of what they say on that show with more than a grain of salt. They're no different than your typical forum-goer. Only difference is, their opinions are given in video form.

I do think there's value in checking others' opinions when doing initial research on a possible new game, but I would also bear in mind that it's only their opinions. You may find yourself completely at odds with them. The best experience is personal experience. Check the game out for yourself, if you can get the opportunity, and decide what *you* think of it.

... and you know what is funny? They call people who dont like their kind of games: 1% of the troll population

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Coated

From what I can see, is most of these people bashing this game are SWTOR lovers.

If that is the case, this game must be amazing, cause SWTOR sucks balls.

Honestly anyone who thinks swtor is an actually good game.. has to be high on something, because there is really nothing special or intersting about swtor, you know the gam eis gonna have problems when on the 2nd day your falling asleep mid fights because its so boring (was happening to me) I'd only personally rate swtor 5/10 mostly due to the gameplay sucking and the game having virutally 0 lasting appeal and 0 replay value. Only high point the game had was the VO's were fairly well done, but i'm sorry a good voice over is not going to save a extremly flawed product. They could fix the pvp thing by making the smaller races take slightly more damage to make up for them being alot harder to hit. I wanna make a elin in Tera because 1: I think they are cute (Im a guy irl) and 2: How funny its gonna be holding and swinging an axe or sword 4 times my size. I also might make a Elin named IFapToElins just for shits and giggles to see what kind of things people say to me in game. XD Won't be a char I'd seriously play though.

My biggest worry about tera is the fact its a korean mmo, and they tend to be boring as shit grinders. Now I don't mind a grind if its fun, but so far no korean mmo has had a grind that was remotly intersting. They all got boring even at a very low level. Only exception might be dugneon fighter online due to how open the combat system is, and its always fun to string together new combo's.. I really should get back into DFO TBH. I tried rusty hearts but its kinda basic compared to DFO combat wise. It lacks the customizability dfo's controls had. AFAIK in Rusty Hearts you can't even edit the default controller setup at all. Least I have not figured out how to yet.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

10vs10 deathmatch...

You clearly see people jumping away from hits.. missing because people get out of the way etc...

If you can have random fights in Open world like this I think this can be really fun playing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3FNInV6y8&feature=related

as long as you dont get distracted looking at  your Toons behind lolz

Originally posted by Siveria

Originally posted by Coated

From what I can see, is most of these people bashing this game are SWTOR lovers.

If that is the case, this game must be amazing, cause SWTOR sucks balls.

Honestly anyone who thinks swtor is an actually good game.. has to be high on something, because there is really nothing special or intersting about swtor, you know the gam eis gonna have problems when on the 2nd day your falling asleep mid fights because its so boring (was happening to me) I'd only personally rate swtor 5/10 mostly due to the gameplay sucking and the game having virutally 0 lasting appeal and 0 replay value. Only high point the game had was the VO's were fairly well done, but i'm sorry a good voice over is not going to save a extremly flawed product. They could fix the pvp thing by making the smaller races take slightly more damage to make up for them being alot harder to hit. I wanna make a elin in Tera because 1: I think they are cute (Im a guy irl) and 2: How funny its gonna be holding and swinging an axe or sword 4 times my size. I also might make a Elin named IFapToElins just for shits and giggles to see what kind of things people say to me in game. XD Won't be a char I'd seriously play though.

My biggest worry about tera is the fact its a korean mmo, and they tend to be boring as shit grinders. Now I don't mind a grind if its fun, but so far no korean mmo has had a grind that was remotly intersting. They all got boring even at a very low level. Only exception might be dugneon fighter online due to how open the combat system is, and its always fun to string together new combo's.. I really should get back into DFO TBH. I tried rusty hearts but its kinda basic compared to DFO combat wise. It lacks the customizability dfo's controls had. AFAIK in Rusty Hearts you can't even edit the default controller setup at all. Least I have not figured out how to yet.

Your opinion is misguided... I am high as hell and still can see SWTOR for the pile of crap it is.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

I do think there's value in checking others' opinions when doing initial research on a possible new game, but I would also bear in mind that it's only their opinions. You may find yourself completely at odds with them. The best experience is personal experience. Check the game out for yourself, if you can get the opportunity, and decide what *you* think of it.

... and you know what is funny? They call people who dont like their kind of games: 1% of the troll population

Now that I haven't seen.

So, they're a lot more like many typical forum-goers than I even realized. No tolerance for differing opinions.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by sgel

Just try it and make up your own mind.

Didn't Mike B give SWTOR 8/10 for innovation? ;)

yeah i have to say i really trust these guys after that debacle /sarcasm...i think its got past the stage of listening to people like that to decide weather or not to play the game at all..i liked what i saw from a few you tube vids so i paid for the game..if it turns out to be a pile of shit then i have noone else to blame but myself..but from what i've seen i like it.

They hype up whatever they get paid to hype. If you think for one second the developers aren;'t giving them fluff to gush about their piece of crap gmaes then I would love to have the wool over my eyes like you.

If they aren't paying them then it's even worse because they are idiots.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Mad+Dog

LOLOLOL

They say tab target is better?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

NO tab target game takes any skill what so ever. Taugrim seems to thing Swtor pvp is good, guys having a laugh.

Who has the biggest boots always wins in these sort of tab target games, simple as that.

And Tera will be any different?  You really think gear wont be a major factor here as well? 

I'm sure it will still be a major factor, but if I can dodge the attacks of some fat troll who lacks the hand eye coordination to keep up with me  then I have a better chance then I do in WoW right?

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

Now that I haven't seen.

So, they're a lot more like many typical forum-goers than I even realized. No tolerance for differing opinions.

yea, that's why whenever they correct their misinformation on guild wars 2 they make sure to cry about GW2Guru. 

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Originally posted by sgel

Just try it and make up your own mind.

Didn't Mike B give SWTOR 8/10 for innovation? ;)

LOL well said sir

• proponentproponent Member UncommonPosts: 92

I will try it for the combat but probably leave due to the setting and leveling aspects. Don't think it will take long for people to realize what this game really is.

Personally I think it will flop harder than some of the more recent releases. *cough* swtor *cough*

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

If you can stomach the guy. Watch him play here: http://www.twitch.tv/devolore/b/308304316

You can skip minutes of course. 

My favorite part was at around 5:39:00.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

The gamebreaker folks have no idea what the hell are they talking about, they only praise their funtastic xity games WoW and SWTOR, this game its from the next generation mmo's, and they hate it cause they still want to take coffee and do endless useless no brain instances , where you just need to click 1..2..1..3..2..4 bull... crap.
    I talk for myself , i was disappointed along last months about the game development on Asia, but after tried by myself, i got a blast. Even those nasty quest kill ten rats are enjoyable to do it with this new combat system and i believe later on the game will be really challenge.
    Great game so far and really much better than all the rest old crap mmo's, if you are lazy fat popcorn person without any skill avoid this game, if you really want to feel and control the actions of your toon play it.!

• proponentproponent Member UncommonPosts: 92

Originally posted by NBlitz

If you can stomach the guy. Watch him play here: http://www.twitch.tv/devolore/b/308304316

You can skip minutes of course. 

My favorite part was at around 5:39:00.

It looks like a better Dragon Nest. Don't get me wrong ... I loved Dragon Nest's gameplay. However, anyone whos played DN knows why it isn't good.