Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one lagging this much?

Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

`When I played the island of dawn I had some lag spikes, one every 10 minutes or so but as soon as I got off it the game became totally unplayble... A huge spike every 20-30 seconds and it feels like I am trying to run the game on a old Pentium 3 or something.

And no, it ain´t my computer. 8 gigs of ram, 6x 3.2 ghz and a 480 gtx should be enough to run this game... And as I said, I had little problems until I got off the island.

Besides the lag I don´t think I even seen a bug (even though I never found that pig eating tree, not sure if he just got killed as soon as he showed up or if he didn´t spawn at all) but lag spikes are among the worst thing a game can have. 

Is it just me, (it could be my internet line) or do you guys have the same problem?

Comments

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Loke666

`When I played the island of dawn I had some lag spikes, one every 10 minutes or so but as soon as I got off it the game became totally unplayble... A huge spike every 20-30 seconds and it feels like I am trying to run the game on a old Pentium 3 or something.

And no, it ain´t my computer. 8 gigs of ram, 6x 3.2 ghz and a 480 gtx should be enough to run this game... And as I said, I had little problems until I got off the island.

Besides the lag I don´t think I even seen a bug (even though I never found that pig eating tree, not sure if he just got killed as soon as he showed up or if he didn´t spawn at all) but lag spikes are among the worst thing a game can have. 

Is it just me, (it could be my internet line) or do you guys have the same problem?

yea for a few hours this morning  I was good then it started getting bad.. flying on the pegasus I get horrible spikes.. then just running around its gotten a lot worse.. i run fraps and watch  my fps doesn't drop below 80 fps so highly doubt it's a  system issue on my end.. 

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

I played on friday long hours and didn't see any lag at all.

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

i didnt lag too much, but i crashed to desktop quite a few times.

I've got the straight edge.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by RedKatana

i didn't have any yesterday or this morning it started for me bad a few hours ago

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Outside the starting area? Because there it was fine, it was when I got on the pegasus the game became unplayable.

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

Outside the starting area? Because there it was fine, it was when I got on the pegasus the game became unplayable.

After I got to the main city I did few quests in there that needed me to just run around to different NPC and then I went outside the city and got the carrots and got the horse (mount) then did some more running around inside the city and left the game for good.

All this time was without lag but like I said it was on Friday, someone just said that today it was laggy but I didn't play as I'm passing on TERA.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Had zero issues here lag-wise playing from Brazil besides the expected latency, except for when the server crashed (at least twice on this weekend).

I recommend you check on their forums if there are others complaining from an abnormal unacceptable lag spikes, because from what you say there certainly exists some issue that needs to be figured out and fixed, even if it's some routing issue to your area.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I5-2500k, Gtx 560, 8gb ram...lower specs than you but was getting 80fps which seems to be the cap in starter town and right when you land in the main town I dropped to about 30 fps. Walking around in the town I'm usually at about 50 fps. 

So yeh it is lower performance but nothing like the lag spikes you are talking about, performance has been amazing on my end running everything on high. I did hear another person complaining about performance on a 470, so maybe the problem is with the 400 line? but the general concensus seems to be people being amazed they can run it so well. 

Originally posted by Gabby-air

I5-2500k, Gtx 560, 8gb ram...lower specs than you but was getting 80fps which seems to be the cap in starter town and right when you land in the main town I dropped to about 30 fps. Walking around in the town I'm usually at about 50 fps. 

So yeh it is lower performance but nothing like the lag spikes you are talking about, performance has been amazing on my end running everything on high. I did hear another person complaining about performance on a 470, so maybe the problem is with the 400 line? but the general concensus seems to be people being amazed they can run it so well. 

Lol, I think the problem is found. Both EU servers are "Very crowded" right now and that is most likely the problem.

Since I had no such issue yesterday and it really didn´t start until I left the start area I think it is just too many people in town right now. And the reason I think that is because my FPS is excellent, it is just the spikes every 30 seconds or so in town.

Maybe they need to have fewer people on the actual game servers after launch, but I guess that is what they are testing right now. :)

I will log on in a few hours and see if it gets better.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Loke, keep in mind that Frogster is still testing their infrastructure and are most likely still messing with the server settings. I too had some weird lagspikes at times where the game fully stalled and FPS dropped to 4 or so for a few seconds. My guess is that Frogster is fine-tuning their servers, but the lag isn't as bad as it was during the stress test earlier this week.

Also worth to note that on my system (AMD X3 ~2.7Ghz 8Gb 800Mhz EVGA GTX460 SC) runs rather smooth in maxed settings. I have a stable 30-45 FPS and in Velika it drops to around 20. Only thing that bothers me is that TERA (like Lineage II) does some bad HDD loading for textures. I guess buying a SSD is no luxery...

Originally posted by Reizla

Loke, keep in mind that Frogster is still testing their infrastructure and are most likely still messing with the server settings. I too had some weird lagspikes at times where the game fully stalled and FPS dropped to 4 or so for a few seconds. My guess is that Frogster is fine-tuning their servers, but the lag isn't as bad as it was during the stress test earlier this week.

Also worth to note that on my system (AMD X3 ~2.7Ghz 8Gb 800Mhz EVGA GTX460 SC) runs rather smooth in maxed settings. I have a stable 30-45 FPS and in Velika it drops to around 20. Only thing that bothers me is that TERA (like Lineage II) does some bad HDD loading for textures. I guess buying a SSD is no luxery...

Yeah, I have considered moving it from my regular drive to my SSDs but it is pretty large and I need to move around some stuff for that so i havn´t bothered with it yet.