Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

you ruined me SWTOR, you ruined me

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Theodwulf

"This game brought Suspense back to me, there was political intrigue, betrayal,friendships made and broken. "

What story line were you playing? I do not remember any real twists to the plot as a Jedi Knight. It was pretty cliche and the dialogue was cringe inducing in it's awefullness, especially the Kira Carsen dialogue.

" I found myself grouping and i rarely group in games and darn I WAS ENJOYING IT. "

Realy, you have played that many MMOs for that long and you weren't big into grouping?

" a similar but better combat system than Wow. "

Realy..How so? Could you explain what you mean by "Better"?

"The last couple of weeks I have tried other Mmo's and it was not the same , ""

"Yes for the first time in my life I am not playing an mmo for one or two months and than switching to another. "

which is it?  I thought you were..."Enjoying it"?

I am glad you are liking the game BUT I shall not alow you to misrepresent your product

You covered many of my thoughts too.  Better than I could have done, probably. So thanks for that.

OP, I'm having problems taking you seriously, there was just too many odd and weird things in your post. But if you really found a game to keep you satisfied, then I'm happy for you.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by dubyahite
    I love this place. Person posts how much he likes a game, line up 15 people to argue with him and tell him how he's wrong for liking it.

@OP glad to hear you are liking the game.
    Sad, isn`t it.
    This site wasn`t always like this, at one time it was a very enjoyable place to be. These days though you cannot even post about how you, as an individual, find a specific game entertaining.
    The minute you do, ten guys leap out from the woodwork demanding that you elaborate further so that they can attempt to pick apart every little thing you say. The thing is, if someone posts that they like a game they have no obligation to justify that statement in any way, the people that demand that they do so are simply looking for a way to ruin someone elses day.

Where's the discussion then? maybe they should just write a blog?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Mellkor

I love this place. Person posts how much he likes a game, line up 15 people to argue with him and tell him how he's wrong for liking it.

Sad, isn`t it.

This site wasn`t always like this, at one time it was a very enjoyable place to be. These days though you cannot even post about how you, as an individual, find a specific game entertaining.

The minute you do, ten guys leap out from the woodwork demanding that you elaborate further so that they can attempt to pick apart every little thing you say. The thing is, if someone posts that they like a game they have no obligation to justify that statement in any way, the people that demand that they do so are simply looking for a way to ruin someone elses day.

A discussion isn't 'my preference is better than yours'.

e.g I don't find full-loot PVP appealing. Here are my reasons XYZ.

A discussion is 'Is XYZ a valid reason?' 'Are there more implications / do more people feel this way and why?'

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by sanosukex

proof? if you played the game that's all the proof you need.. how in anyway was anything I listed an opinion.. really I'm dying to hear the argument someone can come up with to disprove what I posted as facts
    so if I said the game has 57 classes and a million differn't combinations of skills you would need "proof" that that's not a fact? these things are obvious core game designs not opinions thats just how the game is.. now if I said the lack of many actuall skills in the talent trees makes the game suck now thats an opinion but doesn't change the fact the game still only gives you a couple skills via talent trees.

There you go asking someone to disprove you instead of proving your own claims upon contestation.  I'll reiterate my burden of proof link(which can be found above) at this point.

What I really don't get is the first sentence of your second paragraph which is exactly what I'm saying here yet we don't see eye to eye on the topic. 

"if I said the game has 57 classes and a million differn't combinations of skills" then 'that someone' has the burden to prove it and it's not anyone else's responsibility to prove 'that someone' wrong.  What 'that someone' may think is obvioulsy fact (57 classes, million combinations) is obviously false to others despite 'that someone' believing it to be true and a fact. 

At this point in the topic, I defer back to jpnz's posts which I quoted earlier. 

Originally posted by jpnz

For someone to say 'fact' a lot; the examples you provided surely aren't.
    A factual statement tends to shy away from subjective words like 'heavily', 'very linear', 'very limited' etc
    Oh, it is 'very very limited number'? What number is that exactly?
    The irony of you spouting your opinions as fact while you are berating another for the exact same reason is not lost on anyone.

Your response to this post touches on (possibly) the only factual, non-subjective point you made... i.e. arguing the exception 'to the rule'(so to speak).

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Cavod

Originally posted by sanosukex

proof? if you played the game that's all the proof you need.. how in anyway was anything I listed an opinion.. really I'm dying to hear the argument someone can come up with to disprove what I posted as facts

so if I said the game has 57 classes and a million differn't combinations of skills you would need "proof" that that's not a fact? these things are obvious core game designs not opinions thats just how the game is.. now if I said the lack of many actuall skills in the talent trees makes the game suck now thats an opinion but doesn't change the fact the game still only gives you a couple skills via talent trees.

There you go asking someone to disprove you instead of proving your own claims upon contestation.  I'll reiterate my burden of proof link(which can be found above) at this point.

What I really don't get is the first sentence of your second paragraph which is exactly what I'm saying here yet we don't see eye to eye on the topic. 

"if I said the game has 57 classes and a million differn't combinations of skills" then 'that someone' has the burden to prove it and it's not anyone else's responsibility to prove 'that someone' wrong.  What 'that someone' may think is obvioulsy fact (57 classes, million combinations) is obviously false to others despite 'that someone' believing it to be true and a fact. 

whats the point I could provide you video evidence of every thing I just stated and someone would come in and say well that's not how I see it or I don't even notice this sort of stuff..  also for the second thing my point was you don't need to prove common knowledge. To people playing its common knowledge this game does not have 57 classes and if someone on these forums wants me to prove it ill just tell them to shove it... 

either way this video illustrates many of my issues in the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnPxP9Xsc94

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by jpnz

Originally posted by Mellkor

Sad, isn`t it.

A discussion isn't 'my preference is better than yours'.

e.g I don't find full-loot PVP appealing. Here are my reasons XYZ.

A discussion is 'Is XYZ a valid reason?' 'Are there more implications / do more people feel this way and why?'

Silly. Debating opinions can't be discussions? Lol... And btw, though such discussions often are "my preference is better than yours", that's not always the case.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by ktanner3

Originally posted by Zlayer77

Im the one who would make you cry and Unnistall SWTOR.. if the game let me Take your stuff and delevel you to 0.. Sadly its gamemechanis dont let me :( .. I would have bougt and installed the game long ago if it let me Mess with other playes and ruin their FUN time in the game... Now I can only  point out how medicore the game is..

You dont undestand how frustrating it is to know all you litte carebares are safe and sound In SWTOR.. and there is no way for me to get to you or make you send me hate mail, crying I destroyed your play time ingame...

No game company will waste their time and resources to make the type of game you want. Sorry, but no investor is that stupid.  

LOL - they already did - it's called Darkfall Online - custom made for all of those little basement dwelling, family murdering...running over the live buried cat with a lawnmower players :)

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897

I still say SW:Tor is a safe haven for carebears... And its still frustrating we cant get to them...

Fact Bioware protects carebears in SWTOR from greifing, you cant delevlel them or kill them and Loot all of their gear.. leaving them naked on the ground,

Fact Bioware protects carebears from Scaming. You cant trick and fool people into sending you ingame money, and promise to send dubble the amount back.. but just keeping the money yourself...

Fact Biowar protects carebaers from perma death. You cant kill off peopes Charecters and force them to start over...

Fact Bioware protects carebears from Ninja looting. You get drops randomly how lame is that

Fact Bioware makes use of BOP and BOE. To protect against making any decent IRL cash selling stuff to lazy carebears outside the game..

Fact Bioware is protecting carebears from rage quitting in tears and unsubbing to the game Because of prevoiusly stated facts, how lame is that

All in all Bioware are the carebears champion and they have made a safe haven for them to hang out in.. and we cant get our dirty paws on them..

Are you being serious in this post?  You're mad that a game that cost $200 million to make is designed to keep players rather than be deserted like the other FFA loot PVP MMOs? 

There might be a shred of credibility in that argument if they ever claimed SWTOR would be that type of game.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Originally posted by nerovipus32

The story in swtor isn't even that interesting.

Based on what you consider a good story, how many "great" books you have read, movies you have seen, other variables, etc. The main class stoylines have varying degrees of interesting for me (some not so much at all). Republic stories are lower than Empire.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

I still say SW:Tor is a safe haven for carebears... And its still frustrating we cant get to them...

Fact Bioware protects carebears in SWTOR from greifing, you cant delevlel them or kill them and Loot all of their gear.. leaving them naked on the ground,

Fact Bioware protects carebears from Scaming. You cant trick and fool people into sending you ingame money, and promise to send dubble the amount back.. but just keeping the money yourself...

Fact Biowar protects carebaers from perma death. You cant kill off peopes Charecters and force them to start over...

Fact Bioware protects carebears from Ninja looting. You get drops randomly how lame is that

Fact Bioware makes use of BOP and BOE. To protect against making any decent IRL cash selling stuff to lazy carebears outside the game..

Fact Bioware is protecting carebears from rage quitting in tears and unsubbing to the game Because of prevoiusly stated facts, how lame is that

All in all Bioware are the carebears champion and they have made a safe haven for them to hang out in.. and we cant get our dirty paws on them..

Man, I can almost picture Dwight Shrute saying this, thanks :D

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

Originally posted by eddieg50

The first mmo i ever played was Ever quest, I thought it was an interesting and fascinating idea and looked like alot of fun but I could not really play it on my Pentium pro, I than tried UO and could not fall in love with its top down, skills progression system, then came Shadowbane, no quests (which took me time to get used to) but a great grouping game with incredible suspense, you could even build your own city, The bugs though were freaky-you could shoot at people half a world away and hit them LOL and the game much to my regret faded into oblivion.

I started playing vanilla wow and enjoyed its quests and challenging combat, it was the perfect game for a casual semi hc player like myself, but i could not stick with it as it lacked the suspense of Shadowbane, I then Beta tested Vanguard and thought "what a charming game but you need a monster computer to run it, we told dev to make sure they optimized it but alas they did not and lost most of their pop and the game has not recovered.

I played other mmo's Eve, Eq2, lotro (it almost had me hooked with its beautiful graphics and sound and great story line) Fe, darkfall, etc and then I  met AOC and it enthralled me with its neat combo system of combat and it super graphics combined with its great story, cut scenes and voice overs. Then I left Tortage and it was like someone kicked me in the stomach, no more voice overs,cut scenes I also realized that if you chose a melee character you would be seriously compromised in PvP, they had huge walls of text to make up for the lack of vo , who wanted to read that!!! and if you did stop to read you could be attacked by other players-no thanks.

Swtor than came into my life, like a sweet breeze blowing through your hair on a hot day, It was filled with great star wars story , cut scenes, voice overs , a similar but better combat system than Wow.  This game brought Suspense back to me, there was political intrigue, betrayal,friendships made and broken.  I found myself grouping and i rarely group in games and darn I WAS ENJOYING IT. Social points how cool was that.  The first time I played Kotar I felt the same way, I was home and they say you can never go home again-not true. Another poster commented that it is not necessarily all the features in a game that make it fun , but it is that one or two or three features that you can grab onto that lead the way.

The last couple of weeks I have tried other Mmo's and it was not the same , the wall of text was a wall to continuation for me, the combat blah, the story non existent (except in lotro) where are the vo/cut scenes that bring my game to life and provide me with immersion so I feel like I am in the game, where is the intrigue, the fun and funny companions, the story, story , story, where is it? No where my friend and that is why SWTOR has ruined me for other MMO's. Yes for the first time in my life I am not playing an mmo for one or two months and than switching to another.  There is no place like Home.

Your credibility went right out the window with that comment. Unless you are mentaly retarted (In that case, i'm sorry), you can't possibly think the 'combat system' in SWTOR is better than wow. It's not even a matter of personal opinion. The combat system in SWTOR is terrible. I'm talking even worse than warhammer.

• I'm talking even worse than warhammer.

I'm afraid you lost all credibility there.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Did I just hear someone saying the Sith Inquisitor storyline is good!? 

Even a blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could make a better, less cheesy storyline than that.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

Originally posted by Axxar

I'm talking even worse than warhammer.

I'm afraid you lost all credibility there.

lol, ok. Warhammer is def worse, but come on. You can't honestly say the combat system in SWTOR is good. Really?

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Are you being serious in this post?  You're mad that a game that cost $200 million to make is designed to keep players rather than be deserted like the other FFA loot PVP MMOs? 

There might be a shred of credibility in that argument if they ever claimed SWTOR would be that type of game.

The carebears are the once in Costumes.. hope you get the picture :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwcyJY9eEw

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

Originally posted by echolynfan

Im the one who would make you cry and Unnistall SWTOR.. if the game let me Take your stuff and delevel you to 0.. Sadly its gamemechanis dont let me :( .. I would have bougt and installed the game long ago if it let me Mess with other playes and ruin their FUN time in the game... Now I can only  point out how medicore the game is..

You dont undestand how frustrating it is to know all you litte carebares are safe and sound In SWTOR.. and there is no way for me to get to you or make you send me hate mail, crying I destroyed your play time ingame...

No game company will waste their time and resources to make the type of game you want. Sorry, but no investor is that stupid.  

LOL - they already did - it's called Darkfall Online - custom made for all of those little basement dwelling, family murdering...running over the live buried cat with a lawnmower players :)

You also have EvE online... I cant delevel you but I can mostly do everything ells...  So sorry to burst your bubble but yes Developers still make games, like that. These types of games are Also hughe in Korea and Asia, but they like PvP to the extent that, clans have even taken fights outside Into IRL... That is dedication baby... Ending a game session at the Arcade with a Real knife fight in some back ally... (this has happend many times in Korea, no Joke)

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by echolynfan

You also have EvE online... I cant delevel you but I can mostly do everything ells...  So sorry to burst your bubble but yes Developers still make games, like that. These types of games are Also hughe in Korea and Asia, but they like PvP to the extent that, clans have even taken fights outside Into IRL... That is dedication baby... Ending a game session at the Arcade with a Real knife fight in some back ally... (this has happend many times in Korea, no Joke)

So it sounds like you have two games already to choose from to satisfy your sociopathic need to inflict misery on other players- why not play them?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Originally posted by Alot

Did I just hear someone saying the Sith Inquisitor storyline is good!? 

Even a blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could make a better, less cheesy storyline than that.

Believe it or not it is actually better than the sage one. Well...better may not be the way to put it but it's cheese factor is a smidge lower.

All in all not real impressed with the storytelling in this game. Not sure if it is because they had so many to make or simply didn't put forth the effort but the majority of them are rather dull, generic, and lack any emotional depth.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Fangrim

I don't get it. Why try other MMO's if you love it so much? I am confussled!

I answered this allready

Originally posted by zaylin

Originally posted by aktalat

While I don't particularly enjoy SWTOR, I was part of the beta but decided against continuing when the game went live, I realize you're happy and that's what's most important.

The best game is the one YOU enjoy playing, and that's the fact.

Years ago I dated a woman played The SIMS constantly, it drove me insane but she really enjoyed it. So if you enjoy SWTOR stick with it and congrats on finding a game you can play whenever you want.

That's why people play MMO right?? image

Nuff Said!

Exactly!

Originally posted by Delerious1

No, it's people don't like it when other people try to paint a picture that simply isn't true.

ALOT of people are upset about SWTOR because outside of it's single player vo'd story it's a giant POS.

Swtor combat is atrocious as far as I am concerned.  The balance between classes especially between ranged and melee is pathetic.  Almost every class has a KNOCKBACK!  WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.  Really?  Who thought this would be a good idea.  Hey mr. ranged.  I'll be a good boy and not use force charge to get to you since I know you'll just knock me back when I get there.  I'll be snared and lose 40% of my hp by the time I get to you, but it's all good.  Once I get to you im gonna stove your face in.  BAM! KNOCKBACK.  Ok force charge is ready cuz I R TEH SMART.  Woosh.  HUZZAH!  Force charged ya punk.  ReeeeReeeeRaaaaaahhhhhhhh, ranged sprints away at warp speed.  Stares at the ground in anger, frustration.  Maybe a lone tear trickles down the left cheek.  Ok.  Brushes off shoulder.  Here we go again....and the cycle of imbalance continues.

That is just one mini-story of a melee class going up against a particular ranged class.  I could do more, but why bother.

People are upset BECAUSE FOR 200 MILLION DOLLARS AND 6 FRICKING YEARS................................

we expected more.

OK  LOL ??

Originally posted by 0guz

welcome to single player RPGs

I find it a great combination on single and massive,

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

you know what ruined me?

I baked a caked and used a 1 1/2 cup of salt instead of sugar

I will never bake again!!!

Originally posted by Bunks

Originally posted by Kanester

Originally posted by Bunks

Originally posted by Kanester

Been loving SWTOR Since Beta, The game is great but lately I have been growing tired of it. My main problem is I don't have to leave the fleet (Unless I Want to do Illum). At 50 I don't see any lush green grass or Open worlds. Its all making me feel quite depressed.

To have a ship as the capital and not a large city on an open world is a big mistake imo.

We need reason to go back to other planets.

You sound like a rational person, can you answer a question for me. Did the feeling hit you at a certain point(level specific) or was it a slow process? Seems a large group of peope, more than any otehr game I have ever payed attention to, is having these same reactions. IS it something fixable is what I really would like to know. Some things can be and some times they just can't.

Only hit me after a few weeks of level 50. I don't think it is fixable not until a major expansion anyway. I'm still enjoying the game. But if I'm not raiding I'm just in the fleet.

Thanks

So for you its really end game stuff. My son hit that wall at 30 and said it just got boring as heck, but being young he couldn't be specific. He did say the world felt dead, but what you're describing sounds more like not enough content.

To me this game is all about enjoying the content, really getting into the story line.  This is not a lvl up as fast as i can game like wow and so many others, I dont see how people can enjoy playing in that style, I think one of the reasons they do is because the quest line and story are so bad- and SWTOR cures this

Originally posted by Daylos

Originally posted by eddieg50

with the Sith , you were competing with a student brought in by your superior who was training this student to get ahead so he could eventually kill his superior, she found out about it and had both the student and his superior killed-delicious-and then I had the option of killing her but chose not to and instead am following her path.  Great , Great story line.  

I played a SIth Inquistor as well and you do not have the option to kill Lord Zash, it may have been a dialogue choice, but the reality is if you make that choice it is brushed off. Lord Zash is an integral part of the Sith Inquisitor storyline, you can not choose to kill her unless you come to the point in which the story allows for it and at that point you must kill her. The game does a decent job of creating the illusion of choice, but try to make those choices and you will quickly see that it is nothing but that, an illusion.

couple of things, at least the story line leads you that way and makes it interesting , I did not choose that path so i dont know but you may have been allowed to kill her down the line or perhaps bioware will add that in, Sorry for the Spoilers to all the SWTOR fans who love the story