Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

you ruined me SWTOR, you ruined me

Comments

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by Bunks

Originally posted by Kanester

Been loving SWTOR Since Beta, The game is great but lately I have been growing tired of it. My main problem is I don't have to leave the fleet (Unless I Want to do Illum). At 50 I don't see any lush green grass or Open worlds. Its all making me feel quite depressed.

To have a ship as the capital and not a large city on an open world is a big mistake imo.

We need reason to go back to other planets.

You sound like a rational person, can you answer a question for me. Did the feeling hit you at a certain point(level specific) or was it a slow process? Seems a large group of peope, more than any otehr game I have ever payed attention to, is having these same reactions. IS it something fixable is what I really would like to know. Some things can be and some times they just can't.

It happens with every MMO, I'm not sure why you're so shocked.  It doesn't matter how good your MMO is some people will not like it, some people will love it, some people won't even try it because of "insert reason X" and some people are so burnt out on MMOs in general that no MMO will keep their attention.  I tried WoW on 3 separate occasions and never got to max level.  The game bored me to tears, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game and more importantly I don't go hang out in the WoW forum and post in every thread how much I dislike the game.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Congrats, good to see you found a game you like, but I have to say selfishly, that I hope they keep a good enough base to go on and make it fun for you, but I do hope it is enough of a disappointment that I don't have to deal with swtor clones.

I got my money worth, but I found it shallow/small, not everyone likes the same stuff though, once I maxed my level, and dealt with the buggy end game, it finished killing it for me.  I am looking to TSW/GW2 now, and down the road maybe WoD/ArcheAge.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Been loving SWTOR Since Beta, The game is great but lately I have been growing tired of it. My main problem is I don't have to leave the fleet (Unless I Want to do Illum). At 50 I don't see any lush green grass or Open worlds. Its all making me feel quite depressed.

To have a ship as the capital and not a large city on an open world is a big mistake imo.

You sound like a rational person, can you answer a question for me. Did the feeling hit you at a certain point(level specific) or was it a slow process? Seems a large group of peope, more than any otehr game I have ever payed attention to, is having these same reactions. IS it something fixable is what I really would like to know. Some things can be and some times they just can't.

Only hit me after a few weeks of level 50. I don't think it is fixable not until a major expansion anyway. I'm still enjoying the game. But if I'm not raiding I'm just in the fleet.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by DaRoamer

It happens with every MMO, I'm not sure why you're so shocked.  It doesn't matter how good your MMO is some people will not like it, some people will love it, some people won't even try it because of "insert reason X" and some people are so burnt out on MMOs in general that no MMO will keep their attention.  I tried WoW on 3 separate occasions and never got to max level.  The game bored me to tears, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game and more importantly I don't go hang out in the WoW forum and post in every thread how much I dislike the game.

Was I asking you? Sorry this isn't SWTOR forums, it's MMORPG. I do have a vested interest. First, Im out money for buying this game for my son, second, everything has a chance to be fixed no matter how broken, and third, if you are so sensitive to any critical comments, perhaps you should only read those sites that are one sided opinions. It seems some people's filters can only handle it.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

AS a single player RPG it isnt bad, but it definately isnt an mmo by any standards.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Only hit me after a few weeks of level 50. I don't think it is fixable not until a major expansion anyway. I'm still enjoying the game. But if I'm not raiding I'm just in the fleet.

Thanks

So for you its really end game stuff. My son hit that wall at 30 and said it just got boring as heck, but being young he couldn't be specific. He did say the world felt dead, but what you're describing sounds more like not enough content.

• DaylosDaylos Member UncommonPosts: 16

Originally posted by eddieg50

with the Sith , you were competing with a student brought in by your superior who was training this student to get ahead so he could eventually kill his superior, she found out about it and had both the student and his superior killed-delicious-and then I had the option of killing her but chose not to and instead am following her path.  Great , Great story line.  

I played a SIth Inquistor as well and you do not have the option to kill Lord Zash, it may have been a dialogue choice, but the reality is if you make that choice it is brushed off. Lord Zash is an integral part of the Sith Inquisitor storyline, you can not choose to kill her unless you come to the point in which the story allows for it and at that point you must kill her. The game does a decent job of creating the illusion of choice, but try to make those choices and you will quickly see that it is nothing but that, an illusion.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Thanks

So for you its really end game stuff. My son hit that wall at 30 and said it just got boring as heck, but being young he couldn't be specific. He did say the world felt dead, but what you're describing sounds more like not enough content.

It's hard to put my finger on, I loved leveling up and I wouldn't say there was lack of end content either. Just the fact I doesn't feel like a world, What I'm playing now is just like an instanced game like vanguard.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Daylos

with the Sith , you were competing with a student brought in by your superior who was training this student to get ahead so he could eventually kill his superior, she found out about it and had both the student and his superior killed-delicious-and then I had the option of killing her but chose not to and instead am following her path.  Great , Great story line.  

I played a SIth Inquistor as well and you do not have the option to kill Lord Zash, it may have been a dialogue choice, but the reality is if you make that choice it is brushed off. Lord Zash is an integral part of the Sith Inquisitor storyline, you can not choose to kill her unless you come to the point in which the story allows for it and at that point you must kill her. The game does a decent job of creating the illusion of choice, but try to make those choices and you will quickly see that it is nothing but that, an illusion.

here's a quote from the main page under game overview

Choose to be a Jedi, a Sith, or from a variety of other classic Star Wars roles, and make decisions which define your personal story and determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way you will befriend courageous companions who will fight at your side or possibly betray you based on your actions. Together, you will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat and team up with other players to overcome incredible challenges.

granted my highest char was in it's 30s but had alts of every class level 15+ but never did I find anything I highlighted in red true about this game...

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I love this place. Person posts how much he likes a game, line up 15 people to argue with him and tell him how he's wrong for liking it.

@OP glad to hear you are liking the game.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• spd3485spd3485 Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by biggarfoot

AS a single player RPG it isnt bad, but it definately isnt an mmo by any standards.

Well put.  I soloed this game with a few toons.  My guild was just there to talk to.  I enjoyed it as a single player RPG, but not as an MMO.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by Daylos

here's a quote from the main page under game overview

Choose to be a Jedi, a Sith, or from a variety of other classic Star Wars roles, and make decisions which define your personal story and determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way you will befriend courageous companions who will fight at your side or possibly betray you based on your actions. Together, you will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat and team up with other players to overcome incredible challenges.

granted my highest char was in it's 30s but had alts of every class level 15+ but never did I find anything I highlighted in red true about this game...

lol

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by dubyahite

I love this place. Person posts how much he likes a game, line up 15 people to argue with him and tell him how he's wrong for liking it.

Sad, isn`t it.

This site wasn`t always like this, at one time it was a very enjoyable place to be. These days though you cannot even post about how you, as an individual, find a specific game entertaining.

The minute you do, ten guys leap out from the woodwork demanding that you elaborate further so that they can attempt to pick apart every little thing you say. The thing is, if someone posts that they like a game they have no obligation to justify that statement in any way, the people that demand that they do so are simply looking for a way to ruin someone elses day.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by spd3485

Originally posted by biggarfoot

Well put.  I soloed this game with a few toons.  My guild was just there to talk to.  I enjoyed it as a single player RPG, but not as an MMO.

You were able to solo the leveling content, nothing unusual about that, every modern mmo allows you to solo to cap.

Fail.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Originally posted by sgel

Originally posted by Theodwulf

"This game brought Suspense back to me, there was political intrigue, betrayal,friendships made and broken. "

What story line were you playing? I do not remember any real twists to the plot as a Jedi Knight. It was pretty cliche and the dialogue was cringe inducing in it's awefullness, especially the Kira Carsen dialogue.

" I found myself grouping and i rarely group in games and darn I WAS ENJOYING IT. "

Realy, you have played that many MMOs for that long and you weren't big into grouping?

" a similar but better combat system than Wow. "

Realy..How so? Could you explain what you mean by "Better"?

"The last couple of weeks I have tried other Mmo's and it was not the same , ""

"Yes for the first time in my life I am not playing an mmo for one or two months and than switching to another. "

which is it?  I thought you were..."Enjoying it"?

I am glad you are liking the game BUT I shall not alow you to misrepresent your product

what he said :)

Lame. Just a lame attempt to bust you bubble OP, ignore them. I too am playing and I may never play another MMO. I have suddenly even lost interest in pretty much all upcoming games and I have always looked to mmorpg.com for info on new games. I don't even know why I'm here right now when I could be playing SWTOR.

• zeroscloudzeroscloud Member UncommonPosts: 53

I got the game for free a friend of mine picked it up for me, I'm enjoying it so far but I'm the type of gamer who really enjoys story I'm not your typical wow arena / pvp junky or a hardcore raider I just like playing through the story and running small groups for me its a great game

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Same here. No way ill ever play another mm o unless the leveling experience is like tor.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by DaRoamer

Was I asking you? Sorry this isn't SWTOR forums, it's MMORPG. I do have a vested interest. First, Im out money for buying this game for my son, second, everything has a chance to be fixed no matter how broken, and third, if you are so sensitive to any critical comments, perhaps you should only read those sites that are one sided opinions. It seems some people's filters can only handle it.

Oh I'm sorry, I'll only reply to a forum post if it's addressed to me personally.  The thread title was obviously "You ruined me SWTOR, you ruined me....what do you think Bunks?"  If you can't handle the debate then I suggest finding a different forum where everyone shares your views.   Sounds stupid when I say too, doesn't it?

You link to a forum thread where a few people said they got bored with the game.  How many pages was it?  7?  That's 70 posts.  Out of the how many hundreds of thousands who are playing?  You can find a forum post to back up any opinion you have because *gasp* there are a lot of different opinions, that was my point.

There is a difference between offering criticism of a game and the hyperbolic vitriol that people like to post in this forum.  The game is "broken"?  Really?  That bit of hyperbole was tired back in 2003, never mind now.

Also, by the way, the last comment in my post wasn't even addressed to you specifically, but this thread is a great example of someone posting a positive opinion and then getting jumped on and told he is misrepresenting the game and his opinion is wrong.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Seriously if i want a good story in my game i'll play a single player game..thats the purpose they serve.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Seriously if i want a good story in my game i'll play a single player game..thats the purpose they serve.

If I want a good story in my game I'll play a game with a good story in it. And that ain't TOR.

Tried Republic Trooper in beta, after the second time my quest chain had me slaughtering other Republic soldiers (but they were bad people!) - in the middle of a crowded military base!! - and nobody noticed or cared, I gave up on this much-hyped "story". It's so poorly written it's embarrassing.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

A game can serve any purpose it wants.  To say MMO's shouldn't focus on story is a sad testament to the current state of the genre.

I love SWTOR for the same reasons expressed by people on this thread.  I don't think I can ever go to a game with pages and pages of text.  People won't realize how great SWTOR is in terms of story and content until they have something to compare it to.

Unless other mmo's offer VO, at least for the main story and some important side story chains... a lot of people will complain.  I really feel SWTOR has created a point of no return, most new mmo's will likely have some form of voice over or else people will call it a "step back" in the genre.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

A good story is a good story, doesn't matter which genre it is in.

Agree with the OP, heck I haven't even touched another game since SWTOR came out. :(

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

The story focus in an mmo takes away from the whole point of an mmo, in an mmo you're not supposed to be off in your own little fairytale shielded away from those horrible player characters..well thats my interpretation of mmo's anyway.

The story in swtor isn't even that interesting.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by dubyahite

I love this place as well.Person posts how much they dislike the game,line up 15 people to argue with him and tell him how he's wrong for disliking  it.

I see a pattern formning here.image