It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
its my first post on this forum, and english is not my first language so i apologize for any errors wich may be in my post.
so, why am I here? why am I writing this now instead of playing my fav. mmo? well thats kind of the reason... there is no!!
this thread will look as a QQ thread, well it kinda is.
so here we go, today's mmos are far more popular that they were back few years ago when i started playing but allaround the quality just fell sooo drastcicly ... i feel like the only thing improving is the graphics and everything else just keeps gettin' worse
My basic points of complain are the following, wich in my eyes ruins today mmos and makes it just rpg with internet conection.
1. INSTANCED DUNGENS ... why? why? why? why does it have to be instanced ??? odl sql dungens were part of the open world... sure the mobs were bit harder in there but so was the exp and lot (more rewarding) .. there were fights over the good grinding spots between guilds and alliances wich made it one of the most exciting aspects of the game. Instanced RUIN EVERYTHING = go in kill some mobs, then the boss = dungen cleared (gets boooriiing, or no?) no competition no nothing, feels like rpg style sorry
2. LEVELING CURVE for me, THATS the reason all new mmos WILL fail... tera (2 weeks to max lvl = JOKE) thats why it failed in korea and japan ... i bet everything i have that the future of gw2 will be the same ... we all know leveling is a peace of cake there also .. the only thing it will show after a year of two is the pvp aspect of the game, but that will be enough just too keep the hard core pvpers in the game ... i know now i will get flamed by gw2 lovers but idc its my opinion
aion is doing good in korea cuz its the most grindy of them all.
wich makes me come to 2.0 leveling curve, WHY do they make arcade mmos in wich u reach max lvl in a month or two easy gaming ... why do they make lvl cap at all ???? it would be soooo more intresting that the exp would grow all the time even if the mobs give 0,0000000000001% exp
at least there is some progression FOR GODS SAKE, wouldnt hurt if there is no max lvl !!!
now people again will say, omg you like grind omg noob get life bla bla bla ...
THE ONLY AND I MEAN THE ONLY reason why they have low lvl cap is so new players wich come after few months can still catch up with old players... thats all ... but still its no excuse!!!
everything is sooooooo easy nowdays, back in time in a game i played the whole allince had to give money for a frineds item cuz there were just 2 wepons of that grade on the whole server and that was 5 years after the game was released, TODAY??? 1 month max gear, max lvl, max everything ffs
people do get bored with this games and thats why nothing lasts more then a year before it starts to flop
todays mmo market is just to much focused on (wont even call them casual gamers) people who play single player games all day but wanna chat also ...
so my mmo now would look like;
1. no leveling cap or at least a cap wich requiers a year or two grind
2. massive open world
3. no instance at all
4. max lvl gear should be very very very hard to obtain not that after few monts every noob walks around with max gear looking same as every1 else lolz
5. some castle siege, teritory wars and economyc/political play
6. (this point is very debateble since its pure subjective opinion) i dont like gunners replacing archers nowdays .. + enginers etc bljahhh (well i like asian style sorry ;D) neither do i like animal races but i can live without point 6 ^^
well nice last words,
today mmos = single play games with chat option
sorry for language again, hope at least some agree with me...
BRING GRINDERS BACK!!!!!!!