Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to MMO developers, who's started off the best?

eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

So Trion had a few problems at launch but it's turned around to be a decent product and a successful launch.

Bioware has had their share of problems, but there is definately signs of being another successful product.

So who's launch had the least problems?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Comments

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

BioWare is a new developer?

Rift was Trions first game I believe though so they count as a new developer.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Originally posted by DJJazzy

BioWare is a new developer?

Rift was Trions first game I believe though so they count as a new developer.

I meant new to the MMO genre developer. my bad.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ShankenstienShankenstien Member Posts: 13

Bioware can't be compared to Trion, it's unfair as a comparison even if both technically are new to MMO's. Bioware has an illustrious back catalogue of success and the bank balance to prove it, also the backing of the 2nd biggest publisher around (maybe 1st but in MMORPG land the elephant is in every room and Activison owns the elephant). Trion have performed miracles in comparison and so it's really a non starter as a direct "which has done better" as it's obviously Trion based on the points i just made.

WoW, LoTRO, AoC, DCU, EvE, RoM, Champions, Bloodline Champions, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Fallen Earth, SWTOR, EQ2, Guild Wars

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Originally posted by Shankenstien

Bioware can't be compared to Trion, it's unfair as a comparison even if both technically are new to MMO's. Bioware has an illustrious back catalogue of success and the bank balance to prove it, also the backing of the 2nd biggest publisher around (maybe 1st but in MMORPG land the elephant is in every room and Activison owns the elephant). Trion have performed miracles in comparison and so it's really a non starter as a direct "which has done better" as it's obviously Trion based on the points i just made.

The disparity between these two developers is the exact reason I wanted to make the poll. Imagine what would happen if Trion was voted as having the better start.   Nothing, which is the same thing if it ends up the other way. I would just like to see what people that have played them feel (I really never played either game so I'm curious as to the outcome)