Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Delayed to Q2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During yesterday's Activision-Blizzard investor's call, Blizzard announced that Diablo 3 will be delayed to Q2 2012. This means that the release of the highly-anticipated action RPG will arrive sometime between March and June. This announcement comes on the heels of the recent departure of Senior Producer Steve Parker.

The company’s first quarter 2012 outlook does not incorporate a new release from Blizzard Entertainment, but its calendar year 2012 outlook anticipates two releases from Blizzard Entertainment.

Read more about the investor's call and other Diablo 3 news.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

link:                         404

Page Not Found

This page could not be located.

Edit: Awesome, working... thanks,

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Pfft...had an extra " in there. Fixed to take you to the investors' page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Definitely buying the game but this is beginning to become a real joke somewhat. So much develoement time and they still are not ready. WoW if I told my boss I can finish a game in 8 years or so he would fire my ass on the spot! Blizzard is so forunately Wow make them a ton of money because if they didn't they would be forced to push games out faster.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

seems like D3 and Torchlight 2 will be launching close to each other

T2 is hoping for early spring release

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14139&sid=7c55b14ccd87d0af20eab70f2f303b42

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Originally posted by Mephster

Definitely buying the game but this is beginning to become a real joke somewhat. So much develoement time and they still are not ready. WoW if I told my boss I can finish a game in 8 years or so he would fire my ass on the spot! Blizzard is so forunately Wow make them a ton of money because if they didn't they would be forced to push games out faster.

You're trying to sound like it's a bad thing. It's THE way to go for both players and developers. Players like polished products and developers like money. Sounds like they are utilising their resources well, making sure it's a good experience at release to keep masses as happy as possible.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

This is Blizzard.  You shouldn't have to say delayed because until they give a firm date to retailers there are going to be delays.

For this game we have already late 2011, Q1 2012, now Q2 2012.  That isn't too bad for Blizzard so I almost expect another delay.  Early Q3 is optimistic.

I hope they take that time to de-WoW this game.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I've been playing the Diablo 3 beta (We're allowed to talk about it).

Diablo 3 is fantastic. It feels just like Diablo 2 in terms of loot and lore. However, the gameplay in Diablo 3 is far superior. Moreover, mere screenshots don't justify how good this game looks in person.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Delayed ? Ive heard talk about Q3 release, Q2 is actually sooner than most ppl expected I suppose :P

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

This game is delaying the intrest right out of me.

Im actually quite sick of hearing about it.

• AmphysvenaAmphysvena Member Posts: 12

How can you say its been delayed when no release date has ever been announced? Its Blizzard. Its ready when its ready.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

I must admit after playing the beta the game has a lot of better feels, but it also has some major issues, like for instance after 30 you are playing on for better equipment.  I'm not sure I like that.  Maybe they need to add an alternate advancement path in that can not be changed.

I feel that is my major sticking point.  I don't mind the getting gear mentality as I still play D2, but I don't play solely for loot anymore, really haven't in quite a few years.

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

Sick of blizz... Ubisoft delivered 4 Assassin's Creed series in like 6 years, each game featuring several historically reproduced cities ... the whole f***ing cities!!! not to mention each game had a great story, gameplay, lots of innovations (the climbing system alone is a masterpiece) and I enjoyed all 4 with the feeling best described as "wahao! How have they managed to do that?! OMG". That is how the games should be made.

And blizz takes like 10 f-ing years to develop the simple hack&slash type game with minimal story and random loot. WTF?!?  Someone has a very lazy fat arz. It can't be good.

• chanicthauchanicthau Member Posts: 9

Long dev time is Bliz's trademark. They took their swee time when they launched WoW and look what they created.

I assure you, with the experience of WoW in mind they will release a mind-blowing game.

Besides, it's Blizzard, you can't be mad at Blizzard.... :D

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You really don´t know much about Blizzard, do you?

Taking long time is a trademark for them. Diablo 2 was scrapped 3 times and made from start again. Diablo 3 might take some more years, it wouldn´t really surprise me.

Heck, Starcraft: Ghost was in beta and close to release when they suddenly scrapped the entire game without much of a reason.

So I believe when Diablo 3 is releasing when I know the stores got in the boxes a few days before they start selling it.

Originally posted by Amphysvena

How can you say its been delayed when no release date has ever been announced? Its Blizzard. Its ready when its ready.

They did say Q1 2012 as preliminary so it is delayed. Heck, they said the game would releasing somewhere during 2006 in 2005 and if that isn´t delayed I don´t know what is.

But yeah, it will be ready when it is ready, no need to get stressed up.

But I guess that race some people talked about between D3 and GW2 seems to still be on.

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Amphysvena

They did say Q1 2012 as preliminary so it is delayed. Heck, they said the game would releasing somewhere during 2006 in 2005 and if that isn´t delayed I don´t know what is.

But yeah, it will be ready when it is ready, no need to get stressed up.

But I guess that race some people talked about between D3 and GW2 seems to still be on.

Wait a minute, not to be nitpicky here but wasn't D3 first announced around 2008? I'm honestly not sure, cba to look through all of the old articles to find out. But my initial impression is that 2005 feels a bit early now doesn't it?

Originally posted by Lorgarn

Wait a minute, not to be nitpicky here but wasn't D3 first announced around 2008? I'm honestly not sure, cba to look through all of the old articles to find out. But my initial impression is that 2005 feels a bit early now doesn't it?

Yeah, by Blizzard but Blizzard North had it already close to release when Blizz cancelled the game and fired them.

Here is a screenshot from 2005:

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337

Does Blizzard only have ten people on staff? With the amount of money they syphon from their customers I'd expect a little more on the ball with launch dates. Especially considering they just keep reusing the same engine...

• wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241

LOL no suprise here, I will play D3, after it goes on the bargin bin, there are going to be many unhappy fanbois with this game.. to many high expections, ruins games all the time for some people..

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Lorgarn

Yeah, by Blizzard but Blizzard North had it already close to release when Blizz cancelled the game and fired them.

Here is a screenshot from 2005:

They were nowhere close to release or they would have announced the game and not 1-2 leaked early screenshots.

• yingerpoofyingerpoof Member Posts: 1

I agree with Calhoun619, I, along with my friends, rapidly lost interest with all these "delays" or whatever you want to call them.  It's not as if the game is not going to have any bugs when it does come out.  I loved D1 & 2 and I've waited this long for 3, I can wait another x-amount of years for it to go into the discount bin like I did D1 & 2. For now I'll take my money elsewhere.   

• GismolandGismoland Member UncommonPosts: 79

Sadly you'll find the DIABLO 3 Beta / DEMO was a total flop.. they recalled the game production and now have another team working on it. They're having the worst badluck any MMO company can go through.

• c4viper1c4viper1 Member UncommonPosts: 28

Originally posted by StarI

You're trying to sound like it's a bad thing. It's THE way to go for both players and developers. Players like polished products and developers like money. Sounds like they are utilising their resources well, making sure it's a good experience at release to keep masses as happy as possible.

Buy your reasoning "Duke Nukem Forever" should have been THE best game ever made ( 14 years in the making :s ) ... It wasnt, Taking too long to develope a game doesnt necessarily mean the game is gona be better, most of the times its exactly the oposite, unfortunatly. Alot of the times its out of pure desperation the game makers delay the game to make changes that we all, later, regret having been made : .