Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scavenging changes

rixkrixk Member Posts: 45

I wonder who from Fallen Earth devs thought random node placement was a good idea. Imagine a situation, where you want to craft something and need, lets say 20 salvaged carbon steel. In any other MMO you go to the location, where you can harvest that needed stuff(the droprate might not be 100%, but still the location of the materials are certain in other MMOs).

In Fallen Earth on the other hand developers make you run around aimlessly for hours in the hopes that you run into the node you need. Theoretically it is possible, that you drive around for 5 hours and don't see the required node at all. That on the other hand eliminates all the small advantages one can get from knowledge of the zones. Oh what did I say, what knowledge? Trying to get to know/map the zones is like trying to map a maze, which changes shape every moment. Yet the devs think, that forcing people to try to map the everchanging maze is something fun.

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

The random placement of nodes is one of the many little things I like about FE. You never know what you're going to find digging through trashpiles! :)

Joined - July 2004