Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lol............too difficult...........really?

2»

Comments

• Deadeye31Deadeye31 Member Posts: 50

Originally posted by iceman00

Originally posted by grafh

Originally posted by Deadeye31

Ah, the same old same old "too easy" thread. People who aren't even level capped (let alone in full rakata plus 10/10 nightmare on farm) trying to call a game "easy". Nice to see people are ignorant as ever.

Come back when you have nightmare Soa on farm and we'll see what you have to say. Oh and plz spare us the "My friend's guild has it on farm" argument. If they have it on farm, they can come and complain, not you.

are you serious?

nightmare soa on farm hardly qualifies as a challenge when compared to other mmo's endgame raid content. what does having full rakata gear have anything to do with the difficulty of the game? the problem with your argument seems that your mixing other elements into actual difficulty.

difficult games would be ones like ffxi ( first year of release), WoW (first year of release), EQ, dark/demon souls, ninja gaiden 2, etc. there are games out there where they are difficult no matter what gear you have. If you cant differentiate between a difficult game, and a gear dependent game, then im a little worried.

i can agree that there should be an option when u cancel your sub that it say the game is to easy.. they wont add it because they cant make it more difficult, or the super casual crowd will complain.

It's more that he classifies something as difficult based on how long you have to grind.  For others, difficult means the tactics involved, the skill stuff, etc.

I think what you guys don't understand is that "easy" is subjective. Remember, this game has to be doable not just for hardcore, experienced gamers 20 and older, it has to be doable for 13 year olds (the youngest legal age they can sell to). The bar has to be set at a moderate level during the leveling phase so that anyone can do it at a reasonable pace; just because you may be better at it than a 13 year old, doesn't mean the 13 yo has to be left out.

Also, I don't really see the point in the leveling experience being particularly difficult. After all, most people, (and this has been shown by all the powerlevelers in MMO gaming these days) would rather just get through it and get to the "real game", the endgame bosses and PVP. When a topic was created on the MMORPG Pub forum, the poster asked people to provide a picture describing a game, the one everyone loved for SWTOR was a hand on a spacebar. Now if that is how people wish to treat the game and wish to just power level through it all, why should they bother making complicated, over-the-top, wipe 20 times type of leveling encounters?

On that topic, we have to ask, "What is "difficult"?" Is difficult wiping a lot? Why are you wiping? Is it some obscure mechanic or just a gear check? Is "difficult" grinding on 1000 mobs to level up enough to fight a boss in your story quest? Is difficult a tedious type of puzzle that you have to solve? Most people find a rubix cube hard, others just tedious and some actually think it's easy.

As far as myself, the game wasn't very hard, no, but I did enjoy the story and the progression came as a reasonable pace. I guess I'm just not one of those masochistic gamers who has to be beaten over the head to enjoy a game. I get my pleasure out of a game if I can cooperate with others to complete an objective or if I can compete against real human beings (in PVP for expample). I see NPCs and MMO quests as just a means to get money and gear so I can do these things and the faster I can get through those and get to play with or against real people, the happier I am (though I did take my time and enjoy the Bounty Hunter story the first time through).

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Can we get some MA rated MMO's so they don't have to cater to unskilled whining brats?

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"