Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Standard Server: Population

spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Iam playing on a large server, actually it was one of them with the highest populaton at the beginning  when it comes to server load.

On prime time: 36 people on Tatooine and the whole republic faction is more or less empty....90% Huttenball.

Where are the 1.7 million players, where do they hide ?  =) 

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Let me know when you find them. They sure as hell aren't on my server.

What is sad is my first thought when you said 36 on Tatooine was...wow, that many?

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Everyone's playing space combat, duh.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

Originally posted by Dameonk

Everyone's playing space combat, duh.

Lol

+1

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Not sure, but I saw similar things yesterday.  Logged on around 6 PM PST time yesterday evening, on my west coast server, which was labled "heavy" for a while, and only saw 28 people on Tatooine.  This is Empire side too. 

I am not going to imply anything, I don't know how everything works, with instancing all that, but it does feel kind of empty sometimes.  I don't know what's happening.  All I know is that I personally was having a good time, up until about a week ago.  Then all of a sudden, I just didn't feel like logging in anymore.  Sub is still going obviously, but I lost my spark.  Didn't even get to 50 yet, not sure if I even will at this point.  Ahh well.

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

The game has so many Instances that I'm sure 1.7million people could spread out over the 9000+ instances in the game world.

But  what you should be scared of is that if they really have 1.7million and the game feels this dead.... What will happen when they have not even half that number? 5 players per planet? (planet implies they are big... maybe more of a series of rock/metal caves. You know what i'm talking about.... every quest you do is in a god damn cave.)

Originally posted by Worstluck

Not sure, but I saw similar things yesterday.  Logged on around 6 PM PST time yesterday evening, on my west coast server, which was labled "heavy" for a while, and only saw 28 people on Tatooine.  This is Empire side too. 

I am not going to imply anything, I don't know how everything works, with instancing all that, but it does feel kind of empty sometimes.  I don't know what's happening.  All I know is that I personally was having a good time, up until about a week ago.  Then all of a sudden, I just didn't feel like logging in anymore.  Sub is still going obviously, but I lost my spark.  Didn't even get to 50 yet, not sure if I even will at this point.  Ahh well.

Not trying to pour it on but if it goes anything like the two servers I have played on you guys are in a for a hoot when you get to the higher level planets. Gonna get a lot lighter pop wise the higher you get on the planets.

Voss fluctuated between 6 to 12 people for me. Makes trying to group a real blast!

Just warning you now in case you may want to reroll or simply be prepared for it.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Clocksimus

But  what you should be scared of is that if they really have 1.7million and the game feels this dead....

That's what really, really bugs me. Too many planet, just the right visuals and not enough ambient sound. A little condensing of the leveling planets, MUCH more ambient sound and things would be fine.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

3-4 people on Corellia, Rebublic side.

Really quite sad.

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Originally posted by Worstluck

Not trying to pour it on but if it goes anything like the two servers I have played on you guys are in a for a hoot when you get to the higher level planets. Gonna get a lot lighter pop wise the higher you get on the planets.

Voss fluctuated between 6 to 12 people for me. Makes trying to group a real blast!

Just warning you now in case you may want to reroll or simply be prepared for it.

On my server the starter planets have maybe 5 to 20 people on it at any give time, the mid planets perhas 30-60 but the higher ones often 100-150+. Right now things seem very quiet when leveling but in 2 or 3 months it'll end up with desert island syndrome.

• TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179

Dying game is dying. Can't wait for PlanetSide 2 or Guild Wars 2 to finish off this multi-million dollar turd.

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Wow, where have all the optimistic people gone?

Beware, Cesar, the Merges of March!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Originally posted by Elikal

Wow, where have all the optimistic people gone?

Beware, Cesar, the Merges of March!

They are still here they all just work for EA and Bioware and are still living in denial that all thier players are idiots and that they have made the best mmo of all time.

Originally posted by Kabaal

On my server the starter planets have maybe 5 to 20 people on it at any give time, the mid planets perhas 30-60 but the higher ones often 100-150+. Right now things seem very quiet when leveling but in 2 or 3 months it'll end up with desert island syndrome.

Maybe your server is older than the ones I'm on? No clue because it is the exact opposite for me. Well, they don't have those high of numbers but Dromund Kass and Coruscant respectively have been around 70 - 100 since I've been playing them. Even when I fly back there later on for class missions. Then the bottom seems to fall out from there onwards. The next planets aren't too bad but after that it gets almost comical how few there are.

Granted I'm sure Ilum is the exception. Haven't been there yet so can't say. May depend on whether your server was one or close to one of the original ones or you unfortunately rolled on a newer server.

Maybe your server is older than the ones I'm on? No clue because it is the exact opposite for me. Well, they don't have those high of numbers but Dromund Kass and Coruscant respectively have been around 70 - 100 since I've been playing them. Even when I fly back there later on for class missions. Then the bottom seems to fall out from there onwards. The next planets aren't too bad but after that it gets almost comical how few there are.

Granted I'm sure Ilum is the exception. Haven't been there yet so can't say. May depend on whether your server was one or close to one of the original ones or you unfortunately rolled on a newer server.

Could be, we've been playing on it since day one of early access. Either way it doesn't look good for the future as the servers are blatantly nowhere near their max capacity even at peak times. Server merges will indicate to communities like this that the game is a failure even if they do have crap loads of players but something will eventually have to be done as the emptiness is blatant.

As i said in another thread, i'm in the game until the big march patch and the one after but if things don't improve i'll be back to playing no MMO status until it's time to try out something else new.

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

Originally posted by spizz

Iam playing on a large server, actually it was one of them with the highest populaton at the beginning  when it comes to server load.

On prime time: 36 people on Tatooine and the whole republic faction is more or less empty....90% Huttenball.

they lowered the player cap on the 4th. on the 3rd the spread was 5% heavy server pop, on the 4th it was 35% heavy. surely, it might be explained by selling an extre 500k units or so that week, but they actually saw a bigger sales drop, down to 50K that week. in game it's still kind of empty on those servers, but of course the devout fans will say they are simply surrounded by hundreds of people.

the only explanation is that they lowered server caps in order for the server status to read standard to heavy, because most were low last week.

• YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324

I play on the shadowlands, last night huge Ilum PvP battle, did my weekly kill 150 imps in about an hour. Decided to make a smuggler as my wife loves her so much and starter plant had 70+ people on it. The pop on my server seems to be good still.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by Kabaal

Yeah, not seen much a change in numbers.  Although I'm on a RP server, which there are less of.  Hence most likely to be the least impacted by any change.

As for the later level planets, they tend to have less people on them, but always have.   The game does suffer from an over population of quests (or XP given) to that of the number of levels.   So there is alot of skipping content.  Its hard to not be level 50 before the Corellia

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    My server isn't empty at all.

It's doing really well actually.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I wonder if the PvP versus PvE servers is the big difference?

Because the PvP is so bad, people who joined PvP servers get to 50 and then quit.

I am on a PvP server and the Republic has barely 40-70 people in Fleet at peak hours, and planets like Corellia/Voss/Belsavis have maybe 10 people max.

Not too sure about the mid level planets, but on an alt Ord Mantell/Coruscant were both around 20-25.

We can't even put together a full 16 person Op on Illum during peak hours, while the Empire has at least 40-50 people farming us - hence I don't do Illum. Or PvP, at all.

Originally posted by Yilelien

I play on the shadowlands, last night huge Ilum PvP battle, did my weekly kill 150 imps in about an hour. Decided to make a smuggler as my wife loves her so much and starter plant had 70+ people on it. The pop on my server seems to be good still.

Swfitsure seems to be a really good one too. That would be another one I would recommend for new players.

Prophet of Five too

Now if I only would have fucking known that myself beforehand lol

Originally posted by BadSpock

Because the PvP is so bad, people who joined PvP servers get to 50 and then quit.

I am on a PvP server and the Republic has barely 40-70 people in Fleet at peak hours, and planets like Corellia/Voss/Belsavis have maybe 10 people max.

Not too sure about the mid level planets, but on an alt Ord Mantell/Coruscant were both around 20-25.

We can't even put together a full 16 person Op on Illum during peak hours, while the Empire has at least 40-50 people farming us - hence I don't do Illum. Or PvP, at all.

Eh, I don't know. I think it has more to do with when your server came online and the faction you play myself. I'm on a PvE server and our fleet varies between the 20s to low 40s.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

My server is a pvp server. Some while ago it was marked with Heavy after the crazy high server load at the beginning, but changed to Standard. There are still some heavy load EU server out there but most are marked with Standard now. 

The biggest issue is Faction balance, I mean i did talk to someone who was playing on the same server and changed the sides because it was almost deserted...this sucks.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by fony

they lowered the player cap on the 4th. on the 3rd the spread was 5% heavy server pop, on the 4th it was 35% heavy.

the only explanation is that they lowered server caps in order for the server status to read standard to heavy, because most were low last week.

The 4th was on a Saturday, I can imagine that people play more in weekends than on a weekday -_-

@OP: no idea what server it is you're playing on. But I checked a few servers, just to see what they reported.

This is what I got:

Red Eclipse reported Heavy with 2360 players logged in (1190 Republic, 1170 Empire)

In the afternoon (EST) Grandaster Zym reported Standard with 820 players logged in (380 Republic, 440 Empire). At that time, there were 29 on Tatooine on Empire side and 19 on Tatooine when counted for Republic side.

Jung Ma reported Standard with 1390 players logged in (560 Republic, 820 Empire) and had 21 Republic players on Tatooine and when counted on Empire saide, 38 players at that time.
  • DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by fony

they lowered the player cap on the 4th. on the 3rd the spread was 5% heavy server pop, on the 4th it was 35% heavy. surely, it might be explained by selling an extre 500k units or so that week, but they actually saw a bigger sales drop, down to 50K that week. in game it's still kind of empty on those servers, but of course the devout fans will say they are simply surrounded by hundreds of people.

Or it could be, you know, that there were more heavy servers because the 4th was a Saturday instead of it being Bioware trying to trick us.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by BadSpock

I know at around midnight EST, Nar Shadaa has had 10 the last two nights for empire on Vulkar Highway.  I know its an EST server so I expect it to be light, but only 10....

What's sad is that I joined this to play with guildmates, but the server is so dead during my time, might go to a West coast server.  And despite my love of pvp games, I might honestly choose a pve server until pvp improves.

Any suggestions?