Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal online just like Ultima online/eve online.

Comments

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by StarI

MO is a great game as it is. Some of us can accept it is a low budget game and while I wish there was something similar lead by a huge corporation and army of developers, there isn't. I see people crying and bashing top themepark games and than comming over to MO doing some more crying and bashing. Seems that's your way, fair enaugh, just don't expect any simpathy from me.

I feel sorry for all these people showing their dissatisfaction, most likely a reflection from real life. Having the need to repeatedly slag on a game that offers so much uniqnes - yes it does, look at what we have on market. I guess it would be completely unreasonable to expect people who find playing MO waste of time, would find a waste of time writting about MO as well.

Makes me wonder, how many competitors are here to professionaly discredit MO. I'm pretty sure there's at least one or two from Darkfall. I bet EvE has some as well. Although EvE has similar aspects it's still completely different gameplay so in that matter OP is true. MO is better than EvE, in what it offers.

It deffinitely is better than Darkfall. Darkfall just died. Not the way it died already a year or two ago. AV murdered it to the bitter end and funny enaugh there are people who lived from lies for 2 years, playing a non evolving MMO:A(arena), now dare to compare an abandoned and empty game to an evolving (albeit slow) game.

To those arguing about DF and MO population. I am subbed to both games and can tell DF is at a point where BF3 is a better "MMO" experience than Darkfall. And that's the problem with Darkall. It is just a skeleton of a sandbox game. It is a huge battlefield fantasy themed arena deathamatch with full loot and korean grind. As long as there is enaugh people it does give a nice MMO feeling however there's not enaugh people for that anymore. (EU is dead, US popualtion is still trying hard to convince everyone server is blooming). DF has no real depth and that's where MO has it much better. It gives a much better sanbox-ish feeling than DF and is developing interesting in-depth and lovely mechanics (f.ex http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63616-new-horse-guide.html ).

Props to SV for sticking with the game and making possible to have an experience almost impossible to get in todays' world flooded with brainless themepark games made for the laziest of laziest  and instant gratification generation.

With upcomming expansion things are bound to go to better that's for sure, keep it up SV and work more on bugs pwetty please!

Come on man! ReallY? Going the tin foil hat route? Do you think games like EvE worry about MO? Besides, wasn't MO the ones that copied EvE's EULA without even changing the name from "EvE" to "MO"? New conspiracy thoery: MO SV is trying to copy EvE!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• ArkonautArkonaut Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by Lustien

If you hate the game, thats fine. I don't understand why people bash mortal online so much?

To counter the baseless propaganda from SV's hired help probably.

It just different from most mmorpgs.

lol yes it is. It doesn't work being the main difference.

It has one of the best communtiies ever,

Another lol, Nakion tried to start a community movement to reverse the fact that it was generally agreed MO's community was among the worst ever seen in gaming. Look at the constant posts from new players saying the community is terrible. If you had said "I think it has ....", fair enough you are are entitled to think that, but it's as far from fact as SV making a playable game.

the population has always been a issue at certain times, but it nice to see the population is rising,

I seem to notice countless threads in this forum saying the same thing, going back months and months. Yet every single time they were wrong, why should we believe you?

The amount of new players in the game is insane. I guess mostly due to darkfall players flocking to mortal online, you only really stumble on mortal online by chance or word of mouth, mostly from others within darkfall, i came over from darkfall myself.

More people play DF than MO, unless you have some inside knowledge you want to share?

I think mortal online is one of the those games that sure it had a crazy hard time, but eventually it will boom,

It will die, it's only kept alive by deceit of investors and daddies money.

the developers been doing this and that, they not professional, they a small indie group, best compared to minecraft devs hehe.  paying for the game isn't a issue to me because I enjoy it, I don't really see how people can hate on others because they pay for a game, I would glady pay 50 pound a month for mortal online, I want to see it rise up and become the best game for me, not for others, but for myself, as long as I enjoy the game, i don't see a issue, nothing else really matters, as long as the developers work hard to improve the game.

I am sure no one has a problem with opinions, everyone is entitled to them. It's when people start saying "pop is booming!!! and there are no bugs!!!1111" that  leads to a reaction as those are not true.

The best thing about mortal online is its development team.

Literally 99% of the people that bought MO think they are the problem. Just look at the numbers.

They work closely with the community

How are those HOC doing? They stopped doing them because people asked why the game was completely broken so many times?  Ah makes sense.

they work hard to fix issues even when they are a small team

What have they fixed exactly?

When the game released, most people knew that the game was buggy as hell, just like nearly every game made my a indie company.

Nah, just games released by people who can't code, like SV. There is a difference between a few bugs and flat out broken.

Dawn really improved the games performance and looks, it still has some issues every now and again but the game is much more playable.

Failed? Warping? Flying NPC's and PCs? Prediction? Combat flow in general?

All still broken.

And in the meantime SV thinks its a good idea to code horses pissing. Sure know how to set priorities over at HQ.

I have stable fps unless there is over 100 players on screen. The biggest factor about mortal online performance is the CPU, mortal online is very cpu intensive.

Funny, MO's supporters here don't even agree with that. Why don't you fraps one of these 100+ battles so we can see for ourselves.

I will keep supporting SV because I know they have what it takes to make this succend.

They couldn't code their way out of a paper bag. Who wrote the patcher for this game and why, do tell us :)

if you keep trying. eventually you will get there.

Ok, I suggest you get into the ring with Mike Tyson, as eventually you will beat him right?

If sv did not have what it took, then they would have gave up a long time ago.

They won't give up until people like you stop giving them money. They will take your money while offering a product that can#t even reach the level of inferior. Of course deceiving investors and a rich dad also help.

Nothing else matters to me because at the end of the day I enjoy mortal online and i am not the only one who enjoys it. Bash me all you want.

You are not the only one, but you are a tiny monority of those that bought the game.

Being player friendly and being spoon fed are 2 completely different things.  Mortal Online isn't trying to attract those who want no risk. this game is for those who like unfriendly games. I don't even think its that hardcore to be honest. most people work together to fight off reds.

There is a strong player friendly community, this is what helps the game. The time of game that mortal online is, being a griefer will not make you last long.  People actually communicate in this game, thats one of the major reasons I play this game, you walk down a path, you see a player, you say "hi" or some guy comes up to you for questions. people are talking around in town.  when pkers attack a town, everyone goes outside to fight them.

the strongest element about newbies in mortal online is that most players want people in their guild, there alot of guilds that recruit new players into the game, they go out of their way to show them a great time so that they will eventually join thier guild.

The game is built around communities. You can't live by yourself in this game, its possible but this game is all about player interaction.

Repuation holds alot in this game also. Most players will know the local griefers, the local pkers, etc, everyone kinda keeps to their part of the world.

So much wrong in this post it's difficult to know where to begin.

Will limit myself to - the community is terrible and that is documented on the MO site, being a griefer has zero consequences and is the default activity of most players, (just ask the trial/newbies), when PK'ers attack a town people sit on the guardline trying to call guards instead of fighting.

There is also very little player interaction apart from killing, and no need to craft as every guild duped millions of resources/items months ago.

The game is a deathmatch arena with zxero depth.

• F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349

Have you ever even played Mortal?

There is plenty of penalty for being a red in mortal and if you've played lately most towns are defended by many blues that take care of pk's sitting outside towns.

You should give the game a try again, the population is booming.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Who the heck turned up the heat in this forum over the past two days? Let's chill, some are getting way too personal/emotional in the recent discussions..

Gwahalur - Totally offtopic, but am I the only one who find this post hilariously biased and hypocritical(sp)?

Not at all.  Advertising and referral programs are not permitted here. Take a look at the report button options.

Blame Henrik for not using several scripts for his viral campaigns, even the MODS here are noticing the constant stream of low post count accounts posting exactly the same stuff again and again to promote MO.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by Arkonaut

Gwahalur - Totally offtopic, but am I the only one who find this post hilariously biased and hypocritical(sp)?

Not at all.  Advertising and referral programs are not permitted here. Take a look at the report button options.

Blame Henrik for not using several scripts for his viral campaigns, even the MODS here are noticing the constant stream of low post count accounts posting exactly the same stuff again and again to promote MO.

Just a shame it doesn't go both ways, then there might actually be some discussion going on in here

What do you mean "both ways"?

Players can criticise the game as much as they want, and rightly so,. Why would you want to censor real players from giving real opinions based on facts?

IF you can't see how that is diifferent from SV employees using viral marketing techniques then I really can't be bothered to explain.

IF you can't see how that is diifferent from SV employees using viral marketing techniques then I really can't be bothered to explain.

I am instead curious how you would prove such occasions are not SV marketing, considering the boom of several accounts with similar conditions (old accounts, with only 10-20 posts, all in MO forum, all in two-three recent days), hyping the game up.

Any logical person would get suspecious over such.. coincidence.

I am guessing the numbers are now critical over at SV HQ.  If they are on a traditional financial year, then the UE license payment may well be due soon and they simply can't afford it without more liquidity, Thus the promotional push.

• Koen83Koen83 Member UncommonPosts: 66

Has their failure so far been due to technical mishaps and poor implementation, or is this a failure of ideas, or an idea that is great but not sustainable into today's market? I remember when DF and MO were being hyped and I thought their business model was not sustainable. Boy was I flamed in their forums by just saying that if you wanted a big enough market to sustain the game >>>you had to broaden the scope of players that would play. Got thrown out on a rail for saying if you wanted a good game you had to have enough players play and pay for it so that you could get newcontent, employ people and technically maintain and improve it. Whewwww

I thought they had some good ideas but there were killer things that would exclude most gamers. They all said go play wow.

Replies?

Originally posted by Koen83

Has their failure so far been due to technical mishaps and poor implementation, or is this a failure of ideas, or an idea that is great but not sustainable into today's market? I remember when DF and MO were being hyped and I thought their business model was not sustainable. Boy was I flamed in their forums by just saying that if you wanted a big enough market to sustain the game >>>you had to broaden the scope of players that would play. Got thrown out on a rail for saying if you wanted a good game you had to have enough players play and pay for it so that you could get newcontent, employ people and technically maintain and improve it. Whewwww

I thought they had some good ideas but there were killer things that would exclude most gamers. They all said go play wow.

Replies?

They (the fans) still pretty much say go play WoW since you aren't "hardcore" enough for MO. 

As to what killed MO. In my opinion: good execution (or lack thereof). I think the idea is great but SV did to have the skills to pull it off. Now granted, a sandbox like MO would not have WoW like numbers but who says a game has to have them to be a succes?

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Is it just me who finds it amusing that most of the people in this thread defending MO are from Sweden...

I mean seriously after all the issues this game had, with beta discs being shipped as the release (that didnt work) to the desync issues to lack of content how can anyone who is objective still defend this game?

I mean I like sandbox MMOs but sometimes a bad game is just bad.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Mortal Online is steadly getting better and better, it population slowly growing, the game is getting more and more stable with each patch. Kinda reminds me of UO and eve online, they both had really hard launches.

Mortal Online is not going anywhere anytime soon and it going to get better and bettter. I can't wait till the new expansion comes out which will open up the game to the PVE market.

Don't you guys just think mortal online is one of those games? those hidden gems that will just eventually explode and change how MMO's are done.

I think mortal online may have enough influence in the future to change people perpesective on sandboxes and mmos in general.

The market could have gone down 2 routes, the UO route or the Everquest route. Currently there is a lack of UO type games, but a abundance of Everquest type games.

There are people here who have hope in SV!

Did you even PLAY UO?  Do you even know what UO is? 

Thats like saying Daewoo is like BMW and Porshe.   Sure they both put out products that are in the same family.   Sure they both make and sell thousands of units.   But wait, one you can expect to become a classic, the other you can expect to replace in a year, if it even works when you buy it. 

If you are saying that Mortal Online is a "sandbox" then you wrong, its a open world FPSlasher.   After what, nearly 2 years there is still no real depth, no Tindrem, no farming, animal husbandry, crafting NOT combat oriented, terraforming, or even boats. 

Hell they still cant figure out their node line issues. 

Sorry, dont EVER compare Mortal Online to UO or Eve.   Perhaps you should compare it to Earthrise, or Anarchy Online. 

So much crap, so little quality.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

even the MODS here are noticing the constant stream of low post count accounts posting exactly the same stuff again and again to promote MO.

Heh, there's actualy a high number of newly created accounts posting exactly the same stuff, slagging on a game, doing nothing constructive at all except bashing and bashing and bashing.. And you are a nice example, thank you for pointing that out.

So which game representative are you? DF, EvE? Or maybe just some guy who can't stand dieing and loosing his gear in a sandbox game? No wait, all your posts are pure baits. Must be a troll. ;)

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Before I even compare the games as far as design, features, etc.  I will just say that Adventurine is actually doing ok financially, whereas SV is still struggling to find money, since people have been comparing the two games/companies in this thread.  Not sure if it's been mentioned, but a separate company just invested a good chunk of change into AV, helping further DF 2.0 development:

http://www.internetq.com/company-news/investment-aventurine

Whether that will speed things up or not I have no idea, AV always seems to me that they are extremely slow developers.  So maybe DF 2.0 will come out in 3 years instead of 5 :P  I have no comments about the pop in DF, I hear it is low.  The pop in MO seems pretty good actually, compared to when I played the game a year ago.  Seems like more people are playing the game recently. 

I have played Eve extensively and I can safely say that while both games, MO and Eve, have sandbox features, FFA areas, full looting and a skill-based system, it pretty much stops there.  Granted Eve has had much more development time than MO, the amount of content MO has when compared to Eve is tiny.  Eve also allows new players to develop themselves a little before heading out into the big world, whereas MO basically tosses you to the wovles from the get go (and there quite a bit in MO atm).  Eve allows different playstyles.  In MO right now, there does not seem to be a lot ways to play the game.  It's basically craft, kill or be killed.  I do not see a lot of trading, don't get me wrong, it does go on, but many people have alts that can craft stuff for them or guildmates.  There are very little rules concerning killing people in MO, whereas in some areas of space there are annoying consequences in Eve.  There are varying degrees of secure areas in Eve, in MO, as soon as you step outside of town you a target.  I could go on, but eh you guys know the differences.  As far as UO, it's been so long I couldn't even tell you the differences.

Don't get me wrong, I like MO.  I currently play it.  Will be playing later and some this weekend.  I just can't say that MO is just like Eve or UO.  It's not, but hopefully things will change, Awekening will be good, and they can get some more funding.  I would like to say some of the pve features that Awakening is supposed to have will bring in more people, however currently with the lack of consequences a red faces, the pve crowd will probably stay with their current game.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

And I thought SWTOR had issues... LoL

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

I don't care how SV is doing financially as long as they keep making this fantasy based Eve Online clone I'll be happy.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

Originally posted by username509

I don't care how SV is doing financially as long as they keep making this fantasy based Eve Online clone I'll be happy.

Still doing the cheap viral marketing? No matter how many times you repeat it, MO is nothing like EvE and I doubt it ever will. 

• headenheaden Member UncommonPosts: 229

EVE clone? roflmao. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Only thing MO has that is like EvE is the EULA, which MO ripped off :P

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by Toferio

Only thing MO has that is like EvE is the EULA, which MO ripped off :P

The only thing MO is lacking that Eve has is the grind.  

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Mortal online just like Ultima online/eve online.

You know what? You saying that shows just how little you understand about the two games you mentioned/.

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

I'm glad your enjoying MO. 

Never mention EVE and it in the same sentence again. Never were they at anytime ever remotely alike. Not at launch, not now. 

Good day.

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• HluillHluill Member UncommonPosts: 161

Originally posted by Worstluck

whereas MO basically tosses you to the wovles from the get go (and there quite a bit in MO atm).  Eve allows different playstyles.  In MO right now, there does not seem to be a lot ways to play the game.  It's basically craft, kill or be killed.  I do not see a lot of trading, don't get me wrong, it does go on, but many people have alts that can craft stuff for them or guildmates.  There are very little rules concerning killing people in MO,

Awekening will be good, and they can get some more funding.  I would like to say some of the pve features that Awakening is supposed to have will bring in more people, however currently with the lack of consequences a red faces, the pve crowd will probably stay with their current game.

This sums up my problems with MO. Craft, Gather (and get ganked) or PvP. Not really a sandbox in my opinion, just a PvP game, trying to be an FPS, with crafters.

I think most FPS are silly, not just because I am old and slow, but because the combat is very un-intuitive and non-immersive -- not that the themeparks are much better, but at least I can relax as I play those.

I am hoping this game will mature a bit more (playerbase and design) before I'll give it another try.

TSW, LotRO, EQ2, SWTOR, GW2, V:SoH, Neverwinter, ArchAge, EQ, UO, DAoC, WAR, DDO, AoC, MO, BDO, SotA, B&S, ESO,