Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal online just like Ultima online/eve online.

Comments

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by xDayx

Originally posted by youngkg

Originally posted by Gwahlur

What I don't get is how you guys can claim to want a sandbox game like MO was described to be, but dedicate so much time and energy into making MO fail. They're still trying to make that game you know.

"MO will fail, SV will go bankrupt and this forum will be all laughter". Wtf are you guys smoking? You're not exactly helping your own cause

Supporting a company that charges for an unfinished game isnt helping your cause when you have better options in the same genre...

Supporting a company thats blatently just trying to cash in on the genre with half ass effort and execution when you could be supporting a legit studio does hurt your cause.

Better options than?

EVE? - I have a hard time personalizing when your model is a ship or a characters portrait.  No free flying a ship. Not for me.

Darkfall? - No skill cap-Everyone creates the same end character. Has quests (may as well be a themepark), items are too frequently looted(a sandbox game where crafting isnt really that important until you get to skill-cap). And last but not least, combat speed not slowing and spells bring about things like bunny hopping etc.

Xsyon?- Fun for a month crafting and terraforming after that not much. Combat and mob AI horrendous with no plans to change it

Wurm?- Yes if it wasnt for the graphics. Maybe the only rational alternative to MO

UO?- I personally find it difficult to play a 2D game these days.. Also the game has changed so much.

Fallen Earth?- has quests, doesnt feel like a sandbox. Feels like they started to make a themepark and then turned it into a sandbox.

Minecraft- Again graphics, one word=-blocky

Verdict:

Ive played all, I choose Mortal even with its own problems.

Archeage

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

Originally posted by SHOE788

Archeage

Well if you can get me in the beta it may pull me away from MO haha...but until it's out I agree MO's my only choice.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by username509

In the meantime Mortal is getting better and better and as Mortal Onlines population is increasing, and DF's pop is slipping soon Mortal Online will have more players than Darkfall and in a smaller area meaning more/better pvp.  

Mortal is scheduled to have 2 more expansions possibly 3 before Darkfall 2 comes out.  I'm sticking with Mortal.

You are lying. Flat out, provably and knowingly lying.

SV's own figures show the population is decreasing, and has done since release. You know this, which is why I say you are lying and not just misinformed.

Most people don't even bother trying to kill a random noob player walking around bythemselves in the woods.  It happens to me less than 5% of the time I'm alone traveling from town to town.  Gankers really arn't a big deal even to solo players.

And you are lying here too, as shown by countless new player posts on the official forums. One is even linked a few threads below on this forum.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by Betel

Most people don't even bother trying to kill a random noob player walking around bythemselves in the woods.  It happens to me less than 5% of the time I'm alone traveling from town to town.  Gankers really arn't a big deal even to solo players.

And you are lying here too, as shown by countless new player posts on the official forums. One is even linked a few threads below on this forum.

Show me an FFA sandbox that doesnt have griefers. Ive played 95% of them. Could the community do better? Sure It could.

And I believe it will as more fluff and more things to do get put into the game. Right now theres crafting and pvp. So obviously people are going to be doing one of those 2 things. Once pve gets put in and more fluff enters the game people will do more of that also.

I don't have to show you anything. He made a claim, now he has to back it up. As evidence for my case, I present the official forums, where is your/his evidence?

I will await it with baited breath!

Plus MO is just PVP, the crafting is laughable. Again, I present the official forums as my evidence. If you disagree, let's discuss cooking shall we?

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

Originally posted by Betel

I played MO before you and most of the current players 

Thats exactly what he was saying

The free trial says hi m8 :)

So yeah, played it longer than he has and I am just as current as he is. I log in on trials occaisonally for comedy value and to show friends just how abysmal the game is - some people don't believe the level of crappiness until you show them heh.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

well the contiversy has me convinced. I think I'll sub for a couple months just to see what all the friction is about.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by Lustien

Mortal Online is steadly getting better and better, it population slowly growing, the game is getting more and more stable with each patch. Kinda reminds me of UO and eve online, they both had really hard launches.

Mortal Online is not going anywhere anytime soon and it going to get better and bettter. I can't wait till the new expansion comes out which will open up the game to the PVE market.

Don't you guys just think mortal online is one of those games? those hidden gems that will just eventually explode and change how MMO's are done.

I think mortal online may have enough influence in the future to change people perpesective on sandboxes and mmos in general.

The market could have gone down 2 routes, the UO route or the Everquest route. Currently there is a lack of UO type games, but a abundance of Everquest type games.

There are people here who have hope in SV!

Lol not a chance dude. Last I heard MO was still terribly, terribly broken.

• dpollackdpollack Member Posts: 15

@OP Sounds like you really been hitting the StarVault koolaid hard over there.

NO. This is not like Ultima Online. Don't ever compare these two. It may have started conceptually with roots from UO but now its just a glorified multiplayer melee FPS...and a very shitty one at that.

If you want to support Mortal Online then go ahead and throw your money away. The people that discovered MO before you did know whats up. I would estimated a majority of those people left the game in a hurry.

If you have any sense of judgement, you will see the writing on the wall with this game. The only way MO is still running is new people keep foolishly trickle in and get taken.

Despite the nearly universal failure on all levels  an its now dinfamous reputation, it still lives on. It needs to die in fire.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

MO is a great game as it is. Some of us can accept it is a low budget game and while I wish there was something similar lead by a huge corporation and army of developers, there isn't. I see people crying and bashing top themepark games and than comming over to MO doing some more crying and bashing. Seems that's your way, fair enaugh, just don't expect any simpathy from me.

I feel sorry for all these people showing their dissatisfaction, most likely a reflection from real life. Having the need to repeatedly slag on a game that offers so much uniqnes - yes it does, look at what we have on market. I guess it would be completely unreasonable to expect people who find playing MO waste of time, would find a waste of time writting about MO as well.

Makes me wonder, how many competitors are here to professionaly discredit MO. I'm pretty sure there's at least one or two from Darkfall. I bet EvE has some as well. Although EvE has similar aspects it's still completely different gameplay so in that matter OP is true. MO is better than EvE, in what it offers.

It deffinitely is better than Darkfall. Darkfall just died. Not the way it died already a year or two ago. AV murdered it to the bitter end and funny enaugh there are people who lived from lies for 2 years, playing a non evolving MMO:A(arena), now dare to compare an abandoned and empty game to an evolving (albeit slow) game.

To those arguing about DF and MO population. I am subbed to both games and can tell DF is at a point where BF3 is a better "MMO" experience than Darkfall. And that's the problem with Darkall. It is just a skeleton of a sandbox game. It is a huge battlefield fantasy themed arena deathamatch with full loot and korean grind. As long as there is enaugh people it does give a nice MMO feeling however there's not enaugh people for that anymore. (EU is dead, US popualtion is still trying hard to convince everyone server is blooming). DF has no real depth and that's where MO has it much better. It gives a much better sanbox-ish feeling than DF and is developing interesting in-depth and lovely mechanics (f.ex http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63616-new-horse-guide.html ).

Props to SV for sticking with the game and making possible to have an experience almost impossible to get in todays' world flooded with brainless themepark games made for the laziest of laziest  and instant gratification generation.

With upcomming expansion things are bound to go to better that's for sure, keep it up SV and work more on bugs pwetty please!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Earlier in this thread, someone posted that the AI patch will lead to a "huge population growth" because it will attract "sheep" (i.e. non-PVP'ers) to MO. That will never happen.

All the AI patch will achieve is to give PVP'ers some PVE gameplay.

MO is apparently trying to recreate the Felucca server from old UO, but Felucca AFTER the Trammel split. The "non-PVP'ers all LEFT Felucca, and it was a ghost town compared to what it was before Trammel arrived to offer a safe haven for the sheep.

A FFA-PVP game will never attract non-PVP'ers, because they will not enjoy dying regularly to those people that derive great pleasure from killing them. Both EVE and Perpetuum understand this simple fact, and therefore they both have extensive safe zones. The secret of success for any sandbox with PVP is to effectively protect non-PVP'ers, while still making them an important part of the world, and allowing them to go about their business in 80% (EVE) or 100% (Perpetuum) safety.

• LustienLustien Member Posts: 32

If you hate the game, thats fine. I don't understand why people bash mortal online so much? I understand if you are upset with the game, I was upset with xsyon, darkfall and many other games, but you don't see me spending most of my days bashing on a small indie company.

I enjoyed mortal online since beta, I been around since its birth, it used to be a real mess, but even then I could enjoy the game, It just different from most mmorpgs. It has one of the best communtiies ever, the population has always been a issue at certain times, but it nice to see the population is rising, once a upon a time the political forums was completely dead, now they get daily threads posted in them. The amount of new players in the game is insane. I guess mostly due to darkfall players flocking to mortal online, you only really stumble on mortal online by chance or word of mouth, mostly from others within darkfall, i came over from darkfall myself.

I think mortal online is one of the those games that sure it had a crazy hard time, but eventually it will boom, the developers been doing this and that, they not professional, they a small indie group, best compared to minecraft devs hehe.  paying for the game isn't a issue to me because I enjoy it, I don't really see how people can hate on others because they pay for a game, I would glady pay 50 pound a month for mortal online, I want to see it rise up and become the best game for me, not for others, but for myself, as long as I enjoy the game, i don't see a issue, nothing else really matters, as long as the developers work hard to improve the game.

The best thing about mortal online is its development team. They work closely with the community, they work hard to fix issues even when they are a small team, that has been losing money for 2 years. They told people that they expected most people to leave the game. When the game released, most people knew that the game was buggy as hell, just like nearly every game made my a indie company.

Dawn really improved the games performance and looks, it still has some issues every now and again but the game is much more playable. I have stable fps unless there is over 100 players on screen. The biggest factor about mortal online performance is the CPU, mortal online is very cpu intensive.

I will keep supporting SV because I know they have what it takes to make this succend. if you keep trying. eventually you will get there. If sv did not have what it took, then they would have gave up a long time ago.

Nothing else matters to me because at the end of the day I enjoy mortal online and i am not the only one who enjoys it. Bash me all you want.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Earlier in this thread, someone posted that the AI patch will lead to a "huge population growth" because it will attract "sheep" (i.e. non-PVP'ers) to MO. That will never happen.

All the AI patch will achieve is to give PVP'ers some PVE gameplay.

MO is apparently trying to recreate the Felucca server from old UO, but Felucca AFTER the Trammel split. The "non-PVP'ers all LEFT Felucca, and it was a ghost town compared to what it was before Trammel arrived to offer a safe haven for the sheep.

A FFA-PVP game will never attract non-PVP'ers, because they will not enjoy dying regularly to those people that derive great pleasure from killing them. Both EVE and Perpetuum understand this simple fact, and therefore they both have extensive safe zones. The secret of success for any sandbox with PVP is to effectively protect non-PVP'ers, while still making them an important part of the world, and allowing them to go about their business in 80% (EVE) or 100% (Perpetuum) safety.

It is also a reason why even PvP players will find MO of little interest, there has to be safe areas, or at least, Eve's equivalent of High sec.. without this, the game is doomed to fail.. novel concept though, an MMO that doesnt even attempt to be 'player friendly'  .. just awesome.. image

If you hate the game, thats fine. I don't understand why people bash mortal online so much? I understand if you are upset with the game, I was upset with xsyon, darkfall and many other games, but you don't see me spending most of my days bashing on a small indie company.

I enjoyed mortal online since beta, I been around since its birth, it used to be a real mess, but even then I could enjoy the game, It just different from most mmorpgs. It has one of the best communtiies ever, the population has always been a issue at certain times, but it nice to see the population is rising, once a upon a time the political forums was completely dead, now they get daily threads posted in them. The amount of new players in the game is insane. I guess mostly due to darkfall players flocking to mortal online, you only really stumble on mortal online by chance or word of mouth, mostly from others within darkfall, i came over from darkfall myself.

I think mortal online is one of the those games that sure it had a crazy hard time, but eventually it will boom, the developers been doing this and that, they not professional, they a small indie group, best compared to minecraft devs hehe.  paying for the game isn't a issue to me because I enjoy it, I don't really see how people can hate on others because they pay for a game, I would glady pay 50 pound a month for mortal online, I want to see it rise up and become the best game for me, not for others, but for myself, as long as I enjoy the game, i don't see a issue, nothing else really matters, as long as the developers work hard to improve the game.

The best thing about mortal online is its development team. They work closely with the community, they work hard to fix issues even when they are a small team, that has been losing money for 2 years. They told people that they expected most people to leave the game. When the game released, most people knew that the game was buggy as hell, just like nearly every game made my a indie company.

Dawn really improved the games performance and looks, it still has some issues every now and again but the game is much more playable. I have stable fps unless there is over 100 players on screen. The biggest factor about mortal online performance is the CPU, mortal online is very cpu intensive.

I will keep supporting SV because I know they have what it takes to make this succend. if you keep trying. eventually you will get there. If sv did not have what it took, then they would have gave up a long time ago.

Nothing else matters to me because at the end of the day I enjoy mortal online and i am not the only one who enjoys it. Bash me all you want.

Perhaps if they really were working with the community and listening to what people were saying, they wouldnt have been losing money steadily for the last 2 years,  it would be more true to say that overall, the community is losing patience with SV.. and it shows.. believe me it shows.image

• LustienLustien Member Posts: 32

Being player friendly and being spoon fed are 2 completely different things.  Mortal Online isn't trying to attract those who want no risk. this game is for those who like unfriendly games. I don't even think its that hardcore to be honest. most people work together to fight off reds.

There is a strong player friendly community, this is what helps the game. The time of game that mortal online is, being a griefer will not make you last long.  People actually communicate in this game, thats one of the major reasons I play this game, you walk down a path, you see a player, you say "hi" or some guy comes up to you for questions. people are talking around in town.  when pkers attack a town, everyone goes outside to fight them.

the strongest element about newbies in mortal online is that most players want people in their guild, there alot of guilds that recruit new players into the game, they go out of their way to show them a great time so that they will eventually join thier guild.

The game is built around communities. You can't live by yourself in this game, its possible but this game is all about player interaction.

Repuation holds alot in this game also. Most players will know the local griefers, the local pkers, etc, everyone kinda keeps to their part of the world.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Originally posted by Phry

Perhaps if they really were working with the community and listening to what people were saying, they wouldnt have been losing money steadily for the last 2 years,  it would be more true to say that overall, the community is losing patience with SV.. and it shows.. believe me it shows.image

You apperantly don´t follow the game or it´s forums. The community works very close with SV and it´s developers, and they DO listen to the critique that comes from the community and deal with it. If it were like you say, they shouldn´t listen to it´s community and just do it some other way to make it more succesfull. But they aren´t. And it IS getting better and better. Slowly yes, but also surely. Not even the "realists" here can say otherwise. Or wait. They can and do. My bad. Just keep on reading this forum thread for evidence of that. :P

Originally posted by Norpan

You apperantly don´t follow the game or it´s forums. The community works very close with SV and it´s developers, and they DO listen to the critique that comes from the community and deal with it. If it were like you say, they shouldn´t listen to it´s community and just do it some other way to make it more succesfull. But they aren´t. And it IS getting better and better. Slowly yes, but also surely. Not even the "realists" here can say otherwise. Or wait. They can and do. My bad. Just keep on reading this forum thread for evidence of that. :P

well either i missed something or their cherry picking..   as for the rest, until it really has improved i wouldn't recommend it, i don't have so much spare time i can afford to waste it on a game thats basically a live beta, P2P or otherwise.. thats not to say i don't think MO has great potential, tbh, i wouldnt bother with it at all if i didnt think it did.. it just isnt close yet.image

well either i missed something or their cherry picking..   as for the rest, until it really has improved i wouldn't recommend it, i don't have so much spare time i can afford to waste it on a game thats basically a live beta, P2P or otherwise.. thats not to say i don't think MO has great potential, tbh, i wouldnt bother with it at all if i didnt think it did.. it just isnt close yet.image

OK. So your saying it hasn´t improved at all? There you lost all credability. Your extremly clueless to what has happened with the game then since launch. No point in even arguing with you then. You sure are way into the "dark side" now to even see the light. ;)

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

OK. So your saying it hasn´t improved at all? There you lost all credability. Your extremly clueless to what has happened with the game then since launch. No point in even arguing with you then. You sure are way into the "dark side" now to even see the light. ;)

I m playing the game. I have 2 accounts that both expired like 1 month ago and will not resub unless Awakening is out. I think you are not playing the game or you havent played a worthy game in your life so far. MO is a shadow of a game. Its population is terrible and the gaming experience is frustrating and sad. Its developement is awfully slow and crap in general. Communication between devs- playerbase is non existant.

So either you are a terrible liar either you are one of SV's unprofessional employees either you are just a troll. I m not saying that game has not improved at all in those two years. I m saying that the game when released was an unplayable pile of shit and today 2 years after its still a pile of shit a little bit less concerning the quantity and still is unplayable with issues that SV is probably unable to resolve and they dont even have the balls to make a stand concerning those issues.

If you enjoy playing the game then cool for you and congratz on your taste and your expectation concerning a game. But i will ask you a question. Would you suggest the game to your friends to come and play it in the state that it is today. I would certainly not if at least have in mind that maybe the game would be in a better somehow decent shape in the future and i want to have a chance for my friends to come and test it then. Simply dont try convince me or anyone else that the game is a diamond, that SV is customer friendly company and the features that has being promissed are allready in game and functional cause all those statements belong probably to a parallel universe and certainly not in this one we are living in.

Now instead of trying and bash all the posters of MMORPG forums and minimize their credibility in the eyes of any viewer i m saying that you dont have any credibility, all your statements are false not even close to reality and every single person that has a minor doubt can test the game itself to see that all your posts and claims are delusional.

Now in the case you wanna discuss smt about MO feel free to continue doing so but dont expect to be gentle on you since i have a perfect picture concerning the game which apparently you dont or either you re trying to reverse it towards your best interrested. I also dont have any interrest since i m only playing BF3 occasionaly, some solo games and recently i did Darkfalls 14 days trial that revealed to me that the game its 10 times the game MO is. I m not to be considered a fan of DF since i dont like the world and not gonna play it and i m not supporting any companies. I m trying to judge and evaluate the games i play through the eyes of gamer and cant care less about bashing or seing companies fall down to hell or rise up to the sky. I only wanna see games geting better and better and concerning SV and MO thats not the case.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Excalaber2

To the OP:

Ok there are two ways to look at this.  

1) MO is changing the genre for the good since they are using a UO mentality / sandbox environment and making a gem of a game.  This gem of a game can explode one day attracting huge population.

2) MO is changing the genre for bad since they HAD potential and great ideas, but failed in implementation.  The company SV was just an embarassment to the MMO industry with some of it's tactics.  This puts a "Black mark" on sandboxes and allows all of the sandbox "haters" to simply say "See?  Another small team with inexperience fail at a sandbox".

Unfortunately, I think it's turning out to be the latter.  Basically what I'm saying is "MO gives sandboxes a bad name.".  Opposite of what you are saying.  The other very unfortunate fact is that when I played MO I noticed everytime "things seem more stable", it always ended up being because less and less players had to be loaded in certain areas.  So, if it ever did "blow up" into huge populations, I sincerely doubt the game could handle it.

I'd like to disclaim here that I did thoughroughly enjoy the promise of MO at the beginning.  I just couldn't stand being lied to over and over again and the bugs with every patch were difficult to bear.  Last but not least, the inexperience of the programmers.  I am a software developer by trade and I know exactly what was going on.  It was unfortunately lazy programming.  When you don't "understand" the industry tried and tested methods of implementing something, you tend to go off on this tangeant that needs to be re-written later.  Not good.

I just want to conclude that I'm glad a game like MO did surface, but I'm very sad that it was brought fourth by a company that had fishy tactics to say the least.  

Mods, please note:  I am not saying or agreeing with "See?  Another small team with inexperience fail at a sandbox".

I believe the second one is true as well. I was there at the launch of UO, Eve and AO and I can tell you that the launch of MO is worse than AO which had a terrible launch. UO and Eve on the other hand, altough having issues, were in much better state, both content wise and stability so they are imo not comparable to MO.

Originally posted by argirop

I m playing the game. I have 2 accounts that both expired like 1 month ago and will not resub unless Awakening is out. I think you are not playing the game or you havent played a worthy game in your life so far. MO is a shadow of a game. Its population is terrible and the gaming experience is frustrating and sad. Its developement is awfully slow and crap in general. Communication between devs- playerbase is non existant.

So either you are a terrible liar either you are one of SV's unprofessional employees either you are just a troll. I m not saying that game has not improved at all in those two years. I m saying that the game when released was an unplayable pile of shit and today 2 years after its still a pile of shit a little bit less concerning the quantity and still is unplayable with issues that SV is probably unable to resolve and they dont even have the balls to make a stand concerning those issues.

If you enjoy playing the game then cool for you and congratz on your taste and your expectation concerning a game. But i will ask you a question. Would you suggest the game to your friends to come and play it in the state that it is today. I would certainly not if at least have in mind that maybe the game would be in a better somehow decent shape in the future and i want to have a chance for my friends to come and test it then. Simply dont try convince me or anyone else that the game is a diamond, that SV is customer friendly company and the features that has being promissed are allready in game and functional cause all those statements belong probably to a parallel universe and certainly not in this one we are living in.

Now instead of trying and bash all the posters of MMORPG forums and minimize their credibility in the eyes of any viewer i m saying that you dont have any credibility, all your statements are false not even close to reality and every single person that has a minor doubt can test the game itself to see that all your posts and claims are delusional.

Now in the case you wanna discuss smt about MO feel free to continue doing so but dont expect to be gentle on you since i have a perfect picture concerning the game which apparently you dont or either you re trying to reverse it towards your best interrested. I also dont have any interrest since i m only playing BF3 occasionaly, some solo games and recently i did Darkfalls 14 days trial that revealed to me that the game its 10 times the game MO is. I m not to be considered a fan of DF since i dont like the world and not gonna play it and i m not supporting any companies. I m trying to judge and evaluate the games i play through the eyes of gamer and cant care less about bashing or seing companies fall down to hell or rise up to the sky. I only wanna see games geting better and better and concerning SV and MO thats not the case.

{mod dit}

Edit. Nice for you to like the grind fest that is DF. I left it when I realized that I need a year or so of grinding to get competative. The no skill cap of that game is BEYOND stupid. And if you like that over the one in MO, then fine. Go grind for a year will ya. I won´t touch DF before they fix that. Cause the "no skill cap" alone makes DF the worst shit ever.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

1) I don't think people are bashing YOU for playing the game.  However, you come here pushing out misinformation in an attempt to advertise.  If "Nothing else matters to me because at the end of the day I enjoy Mortal Online" and "I don't care what people say":  Why on God's green earth are you posting here?  I would think it's safer to just enjoy the game yourself and mind your own business with MO.  Know what I'm saying?  

2) Your post about "Don't you know that they are looking at magic after awakening?" - Really?  How many patches I've heard this 1.5 years ago even.  It was "after patch X we are going to implement magic".  Then it was the next patch, then the next, then the next expansion, then the next patch.  Magic was always supposed to be worked on.

Listen you are entitled to your opinion...but coming to a forum and throwing out misinformation is going to stir the pot.  Believe me.  There is a reason some of these people are posting what they are posting here.  It's the true, experienced, truth of the matter.  You are spreading your opinion as fact here.  It's not a fact unfortunately.  The way you are going about it isn't the best way.  I simply think you are just spreading your temporary novelty excitement.  When that wears off, this whole phase would have meant nothing.

BTW is Tindrem in the game?  It was promised several times during the first few patches 2 years ago.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• ArkonautArkonaut Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by StarI

MO is a great game as it is.

Clients sold - 10's of thousands. Current players - less than 200 regulars is the current betting. So the vast majority those people that bought the game think its garbage

Some of us can accept it is a low budget game and while I wish there was something similar lead by a huge corporation and army of developers, there isn't.

Lots of game have fewer developers than MO had, and produce working games. It's quality not quantity that counts, and SV has neither.

I feel sorry for all these people showing their dissatisfaction, most likely a reflection from real life.

Post reported for flaming and trolling. From looking round these forums I'd say they are doing a consumer service.

Makes me wonder, how many competitors are here to professionaly discredit MO.

Less than the people here to professionally promote MO thats for sure, as part of their viral marketing they are so proud of.

It deffinitely is better than Darkfall. Darkfall just died. Not the way it died already a year or two ago. AV murdered it to the bitter end and funny enaugh there are people who lived from lies for 2 years, playing a non evolving MMO:A(arena), now dare to compare an abandoned and empty game to an evolving (albeit slow) game.

Current player numbers suggest more people like DF. lol @ an MO fan criticising another game for being a "non evolving MMO Arena" when that is literally all their is in MO.

To those arguing about DF and MO population. I am subbed to both games and can tell DF is at a point where BF3 is a better "MMO" experience than Darkfall.

You expect  people to believe you? really? Despite all the evidence and your obvious pro-MO bias? Ok ....

And that's the problem with Darkall. It is just a skeleton of a sandbox game. It is a huge battlefield fantasy themed arena deathamatch with full loot

Same as MO then, except DF appears to work and MO is a broken mess of amateur hour code.

DF has no real depth and that's where MO has it much better. It gives a much better sanbox-ish feeling than DF and is developing interesting in-depth and lovely mechanics (f.ex http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/63616-new-horse-guide.html ).

MO has no depth at all. It is a DM arena full of bugs, exploits and hacks. Horses and horse breeding are also bugged to hell, and most players want the old system back.

Props to SV for sticking with the game and making possible to have an experience almost impossible to get in todays' world flooded with brainless themepark games made for the laziest of laziest  and instant gratification generation.

There are many FFA PVP, full loot, sandbox games out there, and every single one of them is more worthy of a players time than MO. They are functional, have more features (and those features work!) than MO, and are not run by a bunch of  incompetant  staff.

With upcomming expansion things are bound to go to better that's for sure, keep it up SV and work more on bugs pwetty please!

Since every patch in MO's history has been a complete failure, why is this one going to be any different?