Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal online just like Ultima online/eve online.

Comments

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by Lustien

Mortal Online is steadly getting better and better, it population slowly growing, the game is getting more and more stable with each patch. Kinda reminds me of UO and eve online, they both had really hard launches.

Mortal Online is not going anywhere anytime soon and it going to get better and bettter. I can't wait till the new expansion comes out which will open up the game to the PVE market.

Don't you guys just think mortal online is one of those games? those hidden gems that will just eventually explode and change how MMO's are done.

I think mortal online may have enough influence in the future to change people perpesective on sandboxes and mmos in general.

The market could have gone down 2 routes, the UO route or the Everquest route. Currently there is a lack of UO type games, but a abundance of Everquest type games.

There are people here who have hope in SV!

/agree

I cant wait until Awakening is up and fully functional.

• BetelBetel Member Posts: 365

Mortal Online is steadly getting better and better, it population slowly growing, the game is getting more and more stable with each patch. Kinda reminds me of UO and eve online, they both had really hard launches.

The bugs are still there (failed for eg) so how is it getting better?

The population is declining every quarter, proven beyond any debate by SV's own figures.

The game is incredibly unstable, with prediction issues, warping, flying NPCs etc commonplace.

UO's launch was ambrosia ocmpared to the state of MO at launch - and over 18 months after MO's release.

Mortal Online is not going anywhere anytime soon and it going to get better and bettter. I can't wait till the new expansion comes out which will open up the game to the PVE market.

MO will fold in the year, even Deathshroud isn't sure of it lasting any longer. The financials are atrocious, and the UE payment will be due.

The AI patch has been promised for nearly 2 years, why are you so sure it will be implemtend soon? Or at all?

Don't you guys just think mortal online is one of those games? those hidden gems that will just eventually explode and change how MMO's are done.

No, it's a terrible game from a terrible company who would have difficulty coding Hello World in a recognised programming language.

I think mortal online may have enough influence in the future to change people perpesective on sandboxes and mmos in general.

The only influence MO will have is to turn people and investors off the genre. The faster it is consigned to the dustbin the better.

The market could have gone down 2 routes, the UO route or the Everquest route. Currently there is a lack of UO type games, but a abundance of Everquest type games.

Sadly the players chose, though mostly by accident as EQ was the first real 3D MMO (no, M59 does not count :))

Yes, and all of them have post counts as low as yours.

Games back then only required 2 people :P I think that one of the biggest reasons why we have a lack of UO 3D games. It such a task to take on.

Total rubbish. I know people from the UO team and there were a lot more than two of them. How you can post that rubbish is beyond me.

Why is it that 12 or  more years down the line, there has been no major succussful mmo like UO that has been bought to the market till mortal online.

LOL!!

Are you calling MO a "major succussful mmo"? It has about 150 people playing it, you are delusional.

There have been many sandbox MMO's down the years, and sadly none lasted (tho some lasted longer than MO will). Reason being that the mass of players are not keen on full loot etc.

Like we can just tell by mortal online issues in the past, that it a hard task to take upon oneself unless backed by a huge amount of funds. Mortal online doesn't have such funds and that one of the major reasons why they have slow development.

I guess I must have just imagined games like Perpetuum then, designed by 2 people in their spare time. Do you really think lying is going to help your promotional campaign?

The thing about that is usually the company just folds like earthrise developers for instance, but here we have starvault, duking it out no matter how bad it gets and it really did get bad, real bad,

Easy to do when daddy is paying your bills, and helping you eat losses on the scale of SV's.

the population was near non existant,

It still is according to SV's own figures, can you prove otherwise?

but the game is alive now due to svs efforts and not giving up when times got tough and hopefully awakening will be that last part the game needs.

Awakening will be as broken as the rest of the game and their other patches. Name one major SV patch that actually worked as intended and wasn't a complete mess. Not just a few bugs which could be expected, but complete and utter mess.

Sure it could have taken 2 years and half for them to get there, but we can now see the sliver lining. With the AI patch, the population should explode > money > faster development which is a win win situation!

What silver lining? What has actually changed? Give some details.

AI has been promised for two years, hell they said it was complete then and just needed NavMesh. Another lie from Henrik and co.

I just hope other AAA developers look at SV/eve online/UO and take it upon themselves to risk doing something like this.

The only reason to look at SV is as a case study in incompetance at both coding and managerial level.

And stop putting UO and EVE alongside MO, trying to steal and ride on the back of their acheivements is disgusting.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Small development team.. blah blah

Not much money.. blah blah

Haven't advertised.. blah blah

Where have we all heard this before?

Do you gauge success on 'not failing'?

Two years after launch and it's still unstable and not worthy of being promoted to the mainstream?

A company that didn't send a ton of boxed copies to their paying customers, a GM saying people will be compensated for it, and then that 'promise' vanishes from the forums?

Henrik, the King of Liers, can he do anything right?

The AI patch will fix it?  How many times have we seen the 'Patch to Fix All' fail to do what it's supposed to?

Seriously.  Are you paid by SV?  I've seen the same excuses from people like you for years now.  This has turned into a cult following.  You are no longer fans.  You've ascended into pure zealotry.  Blind to all but the uberlord Henrik. 

I did enjoy a lot of the ideas before launch.  The UO concept is one that has worked and is still working to this day.  It's the lack of execution and implementation that has ruined it for most of us.  The amount of lies and insults hurled from the deverlopers to it's own community.  The shady business tactics such as promised goods not arriving, double charges, and stories about the hell people had to go through to deal with their CC and banks just to get away from the festering diseased grasp of SV.  The bugs, glitches, crashes, and complete lack of talent on a programming and design standpoint.  Yes, I loved the idea.  I played UO for a good five years and MO has nearly killed the experience for me.  It's unfortunate too, because SV will probably not be able to bring respectability back to their brand.  First impressions can kill.  Life support is not what I consider success.

No wonder deverlopers don't want to take a chance.  Games like MO ruin the market for future sandbox titles.

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Originally posted by Betel

The bugs are still there (failed for eg) so how is it getting better?

The population is declining every quarter, proven beyond any debate by SV's own figures.

The game is incredibly unstable, with prediction issues, warping, flying NPCs etc commonplace.

UO's launch was ambrosia ocmpared to the state of MO at launch - and over 18 months after MO's release.

MO will fold in the year, even Deathshroud isn't sure of it lasting any longer. The financials are atrocious, and the UE payment will be due.

The AI patch has been promised for nearly 2 years, why are you so sure it will be implemtend soon? Or at all?

No, it's a terrible game from a terrible company who would have difficulty coding Hello World in a recognised programming language.

The only influence MO will have is to turn people and investors off the genre. The faster it is consigned to the dustbin the better.

Sadly the players chose, though mostly by accident as EQ was the first real 3D MMO (no, M59 does not count :))

Yes, and all of them have post counts as low as yours.

Well, there is even document that has leaked that says Awakening will be released in april, but we won´t know for sure til it happens ofc, and I´m not suprised to see these kind of comments from peeps here.

And that leads me to you Lustien. No point in trying to say good things about MO here, cause the hate here from certain peeps just ain´t healthy. Better leave them here alone to keep their hate fire burning. I barely come here any more. Not for MO either way. It´s beyond awful how some slander a freaking game here. So just go back and enjoy MO. People that have more then 14 braincells can see pass these hatefull comments here, and build their own view about MO. Piece out.

The population is quite high. Towns are quite nicely populated.

SV's own figures say you are lying.

in the past, when the game got highly populated it would get unstable, but that bar has been pushed quite high now.  It still needs improvements, but the server was the biggest issue, the server does not crash like it did in the past. it has a few restarts a day - mainly to fix the mobs - awakening will fix this.

Get 75 people in the same area fighting and the game will die along with your client. Even SV's supporters admit to this.

To be honest. I don't see how mortal online is going to fail.

Because it is a terrible game that has a retention rate of less than 1%?

Everyone who paid or paying for the game well knows this. those who jump the gun without any prior knowledge of the game can only laugh at themselves.

People who pre-ordered the game did not know this, another lie. To compound matters, when they saw SV was incapable of coding a game and decided not to play on release SV still charged them illegally.

You say fishy company but the company has not even advertised "like darkfall" cough cough....

It sent it's official rep here to advertise you melon. It also sends numerous sock puppet accounts here to promote the game. You know the accounts I mean, the ones with 12 posts all saying how wonderful SV and MO are. The ones that also consistently lie about known facts such as MO's population. But since you are new here you wouldn't know anything about that of course.

so I don't see how fishy a company like sv is, when all it does, is keep in close contact with its existing population.

Lying about disks, illegally charging credit cards, lying about upcoming content, lying about upcoming patches, lying about ... well you get the idea.

its not like they go out of their way to get people in the game.

Theia asking people to try the game wasn't exactly that? What about all those shill accounts? Henrik proudly admits to using viral marketing techniques, which often are based on deception and lies.

They just slowly improving the game. It their only choice. their game has so much potential because its endless in its roadmap, it can go anywhere, these type of games, people want this and that.

It had potential as a design doc, once they started attempting to code it's potential fell to zero, and so it remains.

Being a small development team, they can't get everything in place, sometimes shit happens, this is the case with sv, one way or another they get sidetracked by a issue, feature gets delayed, most of the time, it because they need something for something, but here htey are, slowly ironing them out, getting over those obstacles, now they can finally add in the AI, the AI guards, the dungeons and everything.

Again with the small team rubbish. Perpetuum, Mount and Blade, etc etc. SV just cannot code, simple as that. They are a bunch of UE modders who used daddy's money to play developer.

The game is only empty because its a shell. they been waiting to fill the world up with all that content we seen gimpses off. Town life/ minatours, trollls, the flying chicken with balls on his head, the rat men using weapons/ dragons/ demons/ tindrem (capital city) etc

What content? Minotaur was in beta but was broken, Town Life is just a lie, it has never existed and never will, flying chicken was just an animation with zero interaction and meant absolutely nothing. Tindrem was ready 2 years ago we were told, etc.

Your list just shows even more clearly what a scam this game is.

Oh and NPC's wielding weapons as some sort of miracle patch? ROFL.

You talk as if its a dying game. darkfall is  a dying game, mortal online is a game with a future.

It is dying and will soon be dead, and the lols on this forum will be immense. If you think otherwise, please tell us why SV's own figures show a constant declien in population and mounting losses?

Originally posted by Norpan

Well, there is even document that has leaked that says Awakening will be released in april, but we won´t know for sure til it happens ofc, and I´m not suprised to see these kind of comments from peeps here.

Doesn't matter when it's released, it will be as bugged as every other MO patch.

And that leads me to you Lustien. No point in trying to say good things about MO here, cause the hate here from certain peeps just ain´t healthy.

What hate? Why is criticing a terrible company with terrible business practices "hate"?  Why are valid points dismissed as hate, or can you point out the invalid ones so we can discuss them?

Nah, you are just here to promote SV and do not like the fact this forum is not controlled like MO's own forums.

Better leave them here alone to keep their hate fire burning. I barely come here any more. Not for MO either way. It´s beyond awful how some slander a freaking game here. So just go back and enjoy MO. People that have more then 14 braincells can see pass these hatefull comments here, and build their own view about MO. Piece out.

Yep, people have made their own minds up, it's why MO has a retention rate of less than 1%.

Of course, if SV didn't keep sending people here to promote their game with lies (pop booming when SV's own figures show that to be incorrect), people wouldn't need to post here warning potential customers about the reality of SV and MO.

instead of logging in to go kill people, I will log in to go fight a minotaur or a troll or some really cool mob. if you watch thier alpha video, you see the troll picking players up, biting heads off, smashing them on the ground. Also the AI will cary weapons, like hte minotuar will charge at you, knock you in the air, swing its big axe. the AI is really advanced, it will react to the players stance. So if you are 2 far away, it will attack you with range, if it can't attack it will run stuff like that, you seen a less advanced AI like that in darkfall, MO has the unreal engine, which has some really cool AI stuff, which gives it that advantage, so actually teh unreal engine pro is the AI in itself in that sense. the engine is not the limitation, its just getting to that point of balance, which is hard with the lack of funds.

Dear god the spin just gets worse.

All the features you mention are from videos that were scripted/produced/animated outside the game. They have nothing to do with the game as produced and were merely advertising. They have never been ingame/beta and never will be.

The UE engine only gives an advantage if you know how to code, something SV clearly cannot do at anything other than amateur 15 year old level.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

...all is  a dying game, mortal online is a game with a future.

Lustien,

I apologize if I made it sound like I think MO is going to fail.  I will take your word for it that the servers are more stable than they used to be.  However, on the "fishy" note:

There were just some decisions that felt odd and "tacked on".  The whole book fiasco where people stocked up day 1 then they raised the prices by 100x or higher.  They didn't roll anything back.  Also, it just "feels" like it's not very legit since people are constantly finding an exploit with each major patch (I can't prove this, but when I was playing that's how it felt).

Believe me I wish MO the best of luck, but I felt burned by lies and confusion and inexperience from SV.  I simply don't feel I can trust them anymore.  If MO was given to another company, I would give it a shot today.

Doesn't it every bother you the way things feel fixed "after the fact" before it's "too late" in some cases?  Maybe things really have changed over there?  I don't know.

CRITICAL EDIT:  Nevermind, after reading the posts of how you attempted to describe how wildy populated MO appears to be, Please disregard the part about me taking your word for it.  From the information I'm researching, MO is in the same exact state as I remember it to be in.  Nothing, at all, has changed really =(

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Norpan

And that leads me to you Lustien. No point in trying to say good things about MO here, cause the hate here from certain peeps just ain´t healthy. Better leave them here alone to keep their hate fire burning. I barely come here any more. Not for MO either way. It´s beyond awful how some slander a freaking game here. So just go back and enjoy MO. People that have more then 14 braincells can see pass these hatefull comments here, and build their own view about MO. Piece out.

Leaked document? It's on their freaking homepage, http://www.starvault.se/, under "Starvault memorandum".

Nor do people really hate here, I am all up for a healthy discussion about MO as long as people come with facts, not random claims like MO having more players than DF with no proof to it.

• WearacupWearacup Member Posts: 161

I had big hopes for MO, and I remain hopeful for the sandbox MMORPG community, in general. However, I instantly dismiss any thread started by someone with 12 posts who opened their account within the last two weeks. It smacks of lame advertising, especially if the game is having difficulties. At least lurk for a while or respond to other threads to get your post count up. This is just too transparent.

Trammies need to stop polluting the MMORPG landscape. They already have enough games in which to emote hugs and sell garbage by the banks.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

We've known this for three years... (where have you been?)...

And we are still waiting...!

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

Wearacup -

Heh, welcome to the MO forum, we have dozens of sub 20 post accounts who post nothing but "good news" about MO.

Their posts are easily dismissed though, as they contradict SV's own reports.

• Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

I find mortal online buggy, and getting ganked by red when i tried the trial did not help at all. Also its really low pop when i tried the trial. Combat is ok, nothing great about it except the laggy combat when i encountered. 

The bashers on this forum is right, SV is a shady company, When gm theia came here she tried to get people to play Mortal online with all these promises, and mmorpg.com came together with evidence of links that what gm theia said is false, also they point ou henrik promised this and that with henrik's own promises and statement. Gm theia refute those statement.

I find mmorpg.com members to be credible, then any SV employee shooting out false comments and promises.

Gm theia says population is growing yet the financial statement is different, they were losing subscriptions. My jaw dropped when mmorpg.com members point out gm theia's false and lied of her own words on this forums, That says alot about SV as a company. You need to be honest to your customers, and when you say your doign this at certain date then do it, and not deleting promise threads. I back mmorpg.com members then some fanboy of SV. When some mmorpg.com members point out gm theia's lies, i went "OH MY GOD, Did gm theia just said that?" GM theia contradicted her statement. i face palmed in real life.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

also mortal online users on forums is actually 196

I guess you are also counting the Guests in that total number. Also have in mind that in members the site counts everyone with an account active or innactive like myself. My sub expired around one month ago and i m concidered as a member in the total number. So i guess that i m not the only person i played MO with no active sub atm that i m checking the forums regularly.

To clear some things up as i ve said again i m on and off in MO for a very long time, preordered Boxed version few days after sales started and was a Beta Block B tester even though i was unable to login Beta Block B for more than 10-20 mins in total. In general MO for a game that is being released for almost 2 years ago its in a terrible state. And after all this time being around, given the history of SV i dont think that this is about to change. Not any time soon at least. Dont get me wrong i wanted this game to be a sucess and had high hopes in it but tbh i m absolutely tired, bored and angry to see how SV work on things concerning MO and my patience is totaly drained out for some time now. 

Last time i played about a month ago i couldnt be asked to play the game tbh. Population was lower than ever, i was able to travel all around the map without even seing other people and in places like Meduli or Fabernum who used to be populated in the past i couldnt count more than 15-20 people in total. Not each town but in both of them. That was the count i remember -few days before Dawn came live- in Mohki which is a ghost town atm. Bakti was also dead most of the time as Vadda was. GK was empty aswell and i was able to use Greater Natorous in Cave Camp and Blast Furnace in GK without even have to worry about getting attacked. Later at evenings there was occasionaly some small - medium scale pvp mostly rpk v rpk and blue population was pretty much not existant in the game. A lot of medium-big guilds got merged (at least the few persistant members of them that stayed in MO) and other guilds completely left MO in numbers while only a couple of big guilds remain in game as we speak. As it is about new guilds appart from Fury all the rest number quite a few members. So in general talking about increased population has nothing to do with reality.

When Awakening comes live i will try the game once again but tbh i m not looking forward at it neither i m optimistic and lets face it, i simply cannot expect from SV to make a 180 degree turnovernight and deliver the first smooth, bugless, functional, including all the promissed features patch in their history. So allow me to be sceptical about it and not even exited. Also this will be the last  chance i will give to SV and the game itself unless the manage to sell the game into a real company, which i highly doubt so given the fact that no real company would pay real money to buy a game in such an awfull state that also managed to burn out and piss off the majority of a very limited audience: the sandbox lovers. Dont wanna be pessimist in general but my common sence commands me not to have hope for a gaming company that is about to celebrate 2 years from the release of a game and still fails to deliver a functional chat that will not break down every now and then. To avoid mentioning the serious core issues that is being mentioned numerous times i m just providing another small example of their incompetence. I m not really sure neither convinced thats incompetence or lack of interrest or whatever but as a paying customer i couldnt care less. Everytime i m trying to bring a picture of SV's offices, somehow the only thing i can imagine is a bunch of young people that using the offices to play SWTOR, BF3 and a bunch of other games and once and then they are spending a couple of hours for the game that they are supposed to work for.

And a last note for finishing this wall of text. Recently and after reading a post from Deathshroud -i dont remember which one and if it was here in MMORPG or in official MO forums- i decided to give a look at DFO. And i was impressed. Not that much from DFO itself rather than my patience and my decision to spend my time for the last 2 years with MO. Even though i didnt liked DFO's world i cannot deny that its  a complete game that can keep you busy for very long time and give you goals, aims and things to do in game for a very long time. Exactly the opposite with the case of MO. In my 14 days of the trial population in DF was pretty low aswell and tbh i cant say which game was holding on better in that department but still i can say for sure with my hand in the heart that MO would need many many more years of developement to reach in a state that will be concidered as complete game as Darkfall is.  

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by Norpan People that have more then 14 braincells can see pass these hatefull comments here, and build their own view about MO. Piece out.

Most people have already built their own view of MO - the financials speaks loud and clear about that.

As for this thread: it's so obvious that the OP is some SV guy trolling away on his free time. Perhaps Henrik himself? The style is pretty similar to the usal hype-o-mania, where everything about MO is going to be really awesome real soon, the bizarre comparisons to UO and EVE, the refusal to present any facts or real arguments, etc.

Nothing new here.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

What I don't get is how you guys can claim to want a sandbox game like MO was described to be, but dedicate so much time and energy into making MO fail. They're still trying to make that game you know.

"MO will fail, SV will go bankrupt and this forum will be all laughter". Wtf are you guys smoking? You're not exactly helping your own cause

• LustienLustien Member Posts: 32

Originally Posted by Mats Persson

Mortal Online is a niche game and we don't see ourselves as competitors to the big names out there. To be big you have to have mass-appeal, and to have that you will have to cater to casual players, in turn meaning lowering the difficulty of everything from combat, PvP and crafting, and introduce a whole dimension of solo-play features such as quests and story progression, not to mention easy-to-understand concepts like levels and classes. And that's the opposite of our game.

Instead we hope to attract a core audience and grow slow but steady by delivering something different, and I come to think of EVE Online that I have very much respect for. I do think we will have an initial inflow of players (small for the other companies but big to us) from other games wanting to test our game, but I honestly think most of them will go back to whatever it was they played before. We hope to be able to keep those who are looking for sandbox game play, PvP based on player skill, or simply something genuinely different - but those who just want another cookie-cutter MMO with different graphics (this time set in first-person) will probably be disappointed.

this was posted by a dev in 2008 before the game released.

I heard this game is going to fail for over 2 years now. I will laugh at all of you in another 2 years.

• LustienLustien Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by moltafire

Originally Posted by Mats Persson

Mortal Online is a niche game and we don't see ourselves as competitors to the big names out there. To be big you have to have mass-appeal, and to have that you will have to cater to casual players, in turn meaning lowering the difficulty of everything from combat, PvP and crafting, and introduce a whole dimension of solo-play features such as quests and story progression, not to mention easy-to-understand concepts like levels and classes. And that's the opposite of our game.

Instead we hope to attract a core audience and grow slow but steady by delivering something different, and I come to think of EVE Online that I have very much respect for. I do think we will have an initial inflow of players (small for the other companies but big to us) from other games wanting to test our game, but I honestly think most of them will go back to whatever it was they played before. We hope to be able to keep those who are looking for sandbox game play, PvP based on player skill, or simply something genuinely different - but those who just want another cookie-cutter MMO with different graphics (this time set in first-person) will probably be disappointed.

this was posted by a dev in 2008 before the game released.

I heard this game is going to fail for over 2 years now. I will laugh at all of you in another 2 years.

"Archery uses trajectories, meaning it's possible to shoot over walls or in fact straight up in the air hitting yourself in the head on the arrow's way down. The aiming-techniques for spells depend on what spell you want to cast. Some spells shoot in a straight line, some are like archery, some use a cone or a sphere for hit detection, others are projected onto a surface, while a few use targeting and are homing. However, we have chosen to only have a handful of important spells for direct PvP-combat. It's tempting to go wild and design a multitude of combat spells, however we want mage-duels to be about coordination, reaction and possible counters, and it's simply not possible to predict your opponent's next move if there are too many combat spells. Ultima Online is definitely our biggest inspiration here."

This was posted by the same dev in the same artical from 2008 it is ow 2012 when will this be in game??

Don't you know that they will be working on magic after awakening? also you need to arc your arrows in mortal online, its done on the client.

You speak as if they ever said all this would be when they released the game. its no lie that the game has a small dev team. development is slow but it will get there.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by Gwahlur

What I don't get is how you guys can claim to want a sandbox game like MO was described to be, but dedicate so much time and energy into making MO fail. They're still trying to make that game you know.

"MO will fail, SV will go bankrupt and this forum will be all laughter". Wtf are you guys smoking? You're not exactly helping your own cause

Supporting a company that charges for an unfinished game isnt helping your cause when you have better options in the same genre...

Supporting a company thats blatently just trying to cash in on the genre with half ass effort and execution when you could be supporting a legit studio does hurt your cause.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by youngkg

Supporting a company that charges for an unfinished game isnt helping your cause when you have better options in the same genre...

Supporting a company thats blatently just trying to cash in on the genre with half ass effort and execution when you could be supporting a legit studio does hurt your cause.

Better options than?

EVE? - I have a hard time personalizing when your model is a ship or a characters portrait.  No free flying a ship. Not for me.

Darkfall? - No skill cap-Everyone creates the same end character. Has quests (may as well be a themepark), items are too frequently looted(a sandbox game where crafting isnt really that important until you get to skill-cap). And last but not least, combat speed not slowing and spells bring about things like bunny hopping etc.

Xsyon?- Fun for a month crafting and terraforming after that not much. Combat and mob AI horrendous with no plans to change it

Wurm?- Yes if it wasnt for the graphics. Maybe the only rational alternative to MO

UO?- I personally find it difficult to play a 2D game these days.. Also the game has changed so much.

Fallen Earth?- has quests, doesnt feel like a sandbox. Feels like they started to make a themepark and then turned it into a sandbox.

Minecraft- Again graphics, one word=-blocky

Verdict:

Ive played all, I choose Mortal even with its own problems.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by xDayx

Better options than?

EVE? - I have a hard time personalizing when your model is a ship or a characters portrait.  No free flying a ship. Not for me.

Darkfall? - No skill cap-Everyone creates the same end character. Has quests (may as well be a themepark), items are too frequently looted(a sandbox game where crafting isnt really that important until you get to skill-cap). And last but not least, combat speed not slowing and spells bring about things like bunny hopping etc.

Xsyon?- Fun for a month crafting and terraforming after that not much. Combat and mob AI horrendous with no plans to change it

Wurm?- Yes if it wasnt for the graphics. Maybe the only rational alternative to MO

UO?- I personally find it difficult to play a 2D game these days.. Also the game has changed so much.

Fallen Earth?- has quests, doesnt feel like a sandbox. Feels like they started to make a themepark and then turned it into a sandbox.

Verdict:

I probably agree with all your assessments and with all that taken into consideration id still take most of those over MO,besides my dislikes with the actual game styarvault itself just seems so unprofessional.

Im currently not playing any of those myself atm,just waiting for DF2.0 but if you actually like the game then more power to ya,but it seems like your playing it as a last resort lol...You probably wont like Asherons call but it is an option,Shadowbane is also on the horizon if you can stomach its graphics.

BTW i wasnt defending most of those options you listed,lets just get that clear lol...EvE and DF though were the titles i was referencing.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by xDayx

Better options than?

Verdict:

I probably agree with all your assessments and with all that taken into consideration id still take most of those over MO,besides my dislikes with the actual game styarvault itself just seems so unprofessional.

Im currently not playing any of those myself atm,just waiting for DF2.0 but if you actually like the game then more power to ya,but it seems like your playing it as a last resort lol...You probably wont like Asherons call but it is an option,Shadowbane is also on the horizon if you can stomach its graphics.

BTW i wasnt defending most of those options you listed,lets just get that clear lol...EvE and DF though were the titles i was referencing.

I wouldn't judge a game soley by the company who creates it.  Judge a game by the game itself.  

You can wait for Darkfall 2.0, but your missing out on all the fun in the mean time.   DF 2.0 might not come out for another year.

In the meantime Mortal is getting better and better and as Mortal Onlines population is increasing, and DF's pop is slipping soon Mortal Online will have more players than Darkfall and in a smaller area meaning more/better pvp.  

Mortal is scheduled to have 2 more expansions possibly 3 before Darkfall 2 comes out.  I'm sticking with Mortal.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

not what i expected to see when i read the title.

since uo and eve are both shitty boreing games that is, expected too see how mortal compares to them on those levels.

uo was fun, till the griefers found it, then you couldnt do shit without a guild of bads outnumbering you badly jumping you and yours.

and eve, wtf, its a spreadsheet with graphics, orbit range x, auto attack with all guns, person with better loadout wins no matter what.  no specials, no chance of getting a lucky shot as the under dog, just orbit at range and auto fire hopeing your tank dont break before theirs, ugh.

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Originally posted by neorandom

not what i expected to see when i read the title.

since uo and eve are both shitty boreing games that is, expected too see how mortal compares to them on those levels.

uo was fun, till the griefers found it, then you couldnt do shit without a guild of bads outnumbering you badly jumping you and yours.

and eve, wtf, its a spreadsheet with graphics, orbit range x, auto attack with all guns, person with better loadout wins no matter what.  no specials, no chance of getting a lucky shot as the under dog, just orbit at range and auto fire hopeing your tank dont break before theirs, ugh.

Eve is a second job, not a game.. LOL

While I don't agree about what you said for UO you sound like you would have liked postTrammel.  

Mortal Online is open loot fully open pvp, but the first 20 noob hours your protected, and you can max all your combat skills in 20 hours easily.  Most people don't even bother trying to kill a random noob player walking around bythemselves in the woods.  It happens to me less than 5% of the time I'm alone traveling from town to town.  Gankers really arn't a big deal even to solo players.

It's always better to roll deep (in groups) but it's not a requirment.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!