Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name your favorite PC game?

Comments

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180

Diablo I & II, vanguard, GW1

• hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89

Ultima Online

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

As far as old school pc game: Lands of Lore (w/ patrick stewart as the king, not the new dubbed crap).

All time though would have to be an mmo cause consoles just kick butt for a majority of titles.

Toss up between my first love, Ultima Online or my 2nd, World of Warcraft (was there 2 months after release of vanilla all the way through Cata...on n off)

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

Homeworld with out a doubt. I loved Homeworld 2, but I think I like Homeworld 1 more. No space RTS has gotten it right since. It's sad really.

• cheachancheachan Member Posts: 122

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Left 4 Dead, Battle Realms & Starcraft

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I dunno, there are so many.

One of my favorites that are sadly almost unknown to most people  is "Natural selection".

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

Originally posted by Loke666

I dunno, there are so many.

One of my favorites that are sadly almost unknown to most people  is "Natural selection".

NS was fun.. but the population has died out alot.. i wasnt overly impressed with them going B2P for NS2 but i guess it made sense to them.. given the mass work they put in to it, still dont see how a source "mod" can really charge for it when source is "free".

DoD 3.1, CS and NS are my fav HL 1 mods.. shame about the source versions... more so on DOD.....

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

hard question OP.....

If i have to value the games i´ve played for the fun/inmersion i have experienced in them (no sub time considered) my top 3 would be....

1. Guild Wars. FTP... always available for me!! and BEST PvP i have never experienced in a MMo.

2. WoW.  That was long ago...true...but i had the Bests moments in gaming there!

3. Mass Effect 2:  Epic from head to toe!

4: RIFT: I kwnow...it has its limits...but the company behind (TRION) reminds me a lot of the ArenaNet point of view....

A company fighting like i have never seen before...all for the sake of players paying their subscription! /Clap for them!

5: Skyrim: Too complex & deep that i have not even touched what it can offer.... but when i play it...i feel involved.

Game is superb. pure awesome. freedom....art.

PD:I have all time favourites like : Grim Fandango..... KOTOR.....Black & White....but that is another story......

• meltingstarsmeltingstars Member UncommonPosts: 51

Hmm, which games did I play the most?

Starcraft

Alpha Centauri

Civilization 3, 4, 5

Phantasy Star Online

Warcraft 2, 3

Diablo 2

Morrowind

SW Jedi Academy

Sim City 4

My favorite games all time are on Sega and Super Nintendo

Shining Force II

Earthbound

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

online  mmo :  wow  AO  planetside   spacecowboy

fps:  rouge spear  |ghost recon  |DOD  | wolfenstien/ET  | MOHAA  | fire arms | Natural selection |cod1/2/4

rts  dawn of war /  rome total war / coh

single player  morrowind / oblivion

• KalferKalfer Member Posts: 779

Witcher 2 is up there. Real talk.

Guild Wars 2 will be up there. Realer talk.

• kinggoofy11kinggoofy11 Member Posts: 4

My personal favourite PC games were Diablo 1 & 2, Wolfenstein and Starcraft! :)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

From games I've played, I'd say storywise, Half Life 2.  But I also loved Left 4 Dead 2 and Borderlands.  The most played however, would be WoW.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

My favorite PC game would have to be Pharoah, I always loved building cities :)

Next to that would be the Broken Sword series :)

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Quest for Glory I

Single player sandbox RPG, great humor, great character customization, no levels, skills improved by using them, different creatures came out at night, multiple paths of solving gameplay obstacles, awesome music.

Oh, and it came out in 1989.

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Diablo 2, Ultima Online, Assassin's Creed serie and Civilization serie.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

All time favourite:  Ultima IV

Current: Avadon if you can believe it.

Nothing recently has gotten me interested for more than 20 minutes. . so I decided to learn to program myself :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Star Wars Galaxies

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Mmorpg: DAOC

Strat: X-com ufo defense And Age of mythology (wow was this game good)

RPG (PC): BG2

Flash game: alona shooter

MOBA: LoL

FPS: Firearms hl1 mod

Blizzard or gungame (fast respawn gun rotation) mods hl2

Im sure there are more.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456

The Mass Effect trilogy.  If I had to name one it would be between 2 and 3.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

DAoC

Star Wars Galaxies

I played morrowind and Oblivion on the Xbox and and Skyrim on my Ps3 (but these are my fav RPG games)

Phantasy Star Onine (played this more on my Dreamcast) but liked on PC also.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well I kinda have a tie. The Ultima Series (not online) or any of the AD&D Gold Box games. These are the games that got me hooked into the computer rpg genre. Years of playing these led me to Ultima Underworld one of the first first-person rpgs.

Those 3 are a dead tie to me. The rest is history as it were! :D

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Gonna date myself:

Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar.

As a kid, I played this but didn't have an instruction book, or a spell book, I had to learn everything via trial and error, because there was no Internet. I had to update my journal by hand, because I needed to remember what that guy said the mantra was for the shrine of honesty. I needed to update my awful hand-drawn map with the location the bard just gave me. In short, I WAS the adventurer....I wasn't watching the adventurer.

Today, everything of importance is written down for you, places of importance automatically appear on your automated map. Spells upgrade themselves from the shop you but EM from....you don't get to discover them yourself. Modern games are becoming more and more like interactive movies with the interactive part becoming less evident.

Take FFXIII...gameplay so simple my 2 year old son played it for over ten minutes and he never died. All he had to do was keep hitting the X button. Its like watching a movie that randomly pauses every 3 to 5 minutes, forcing you to 'interact' and hit the play button. Exciting!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by spankybus

Gonna date myself:

Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar.

As a kid, I played this but didn't have an instruction book, or a spell book, I had to learn everything via trial and error, because there was no Internet. I had to update my journal by hand, because I needed to remember what that guy said the mantra was for the shrine of honesty. I needed to update my awful hand-drawn map with the location the bard just gave me. In short, I WAS the adventurer....I wasn't watching the adventurer.

Today, everything of importance is written down for you, places of importance automatically appear on your automated map. Spells upgrade themselves from the shop you but EM from....you don't get to discover them yourself. Modern games are becoming more and more like interactive movies with the interactive part becoming less evident.

Take FFXIII...gameplay so simple my 2 year old son played it for over ten minutes and he never died. All he had to do was keep hitting the X button. Its like watching a movie that randomly pauses every 3 to 5 minutes, forcing you to 'interact' and hit the play button. Exciting!

I hear ya brother! I played the old games where you pulled out the graph paper and mapped your way through the dungeons. I just got Legend of Grimrock and have it on Old School and mapping the old fasion way. :) I loved the Ultima series!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Minecraft

Ignoring how many hours I poured into it during Alpha, and even now, its the only game with a creative enough mod community to really keep it going forever.  That isn't to trash the modders of TES series or others....you guys rock and those games enjoy a longevity they NEVER could on their own thanks to you.  But the ease of modding and pushing Minecraft in other directions has meant a TON of innovative content to a game in a short amount of time.