Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name your favorite PC game?

Comments

• ThaFinestThaFinest Member Posts: 21

No one can replace the old school MMO's like Dark Age of Camelot, Ultima Online, but I will take it much further and list some MUDs (Multi User Dungeons) even though they are not "PC games". How about, Dragon Realms (Still running), or Dragons Gate? And for you AOL lovers, how about the old school .99 cent an hour to play game Splatterball & Splatterball Plus!

Gaming Names -
    Xboxlive - ThafinestX
    PS3 - ThafinestX
    LoL - DeeKno & ThaFinest
    SW:TOR - DeeKno & ThaFinest
    DAoC - Sebestian

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

TIE Fighter, CIv 2, Half-Life, StarCraft

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

LucasArts: Full Throttle,SW X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter, SW Dark Forces & The Dig

Blizzard: Diablo 2, WarCraft 2

Sierra Entertainment: Space Quest & Kings Quest Series and Phantasmagoria.

LOL,  had to list more than one. =P

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• SlayraSlayra Member UncommonPosts: 24

My favorite game of all time: Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars.

A few of the most memorable games for me, pretty much in order:

Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror, The Longest Journey, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Half Life, Syberia I & II, Heart of Darkness, Black & White I & II, Populous, Homeworld.

Most recently i'd say Skyrim, Mass Effect  I & II, Assassin's Creed (not all of them), Fallout III.

That's pretty much it. For MMO's WoW and AION.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Daggerfall, Diablo, CIV 4: BTS (with cavemen2cosmos mod), Heroes 3, Biowares Neverwinter nights, Guildwars, M59 and R6 Vegas 2.

They are all favorites, I can´t decide on a specific one of them.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I can't do just one:

Duke Nukem 3d, Civ series, Half-Life series, Mass Effect series, Counterstrike, unreal tournament, Planetside, portal, battlefield 2, myst, Diablo 2, and Doom.

These are all games that have had big impacts on me over the years. There are many others as well probably.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

guildwars 1!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Current: skyrim or terraria
    All time: daoc or magic carpet
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Tera Online (im a day by day kinda guy hehe)

ALL TIME: Morrowind

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

My favorite would be Command and Conquer: Renegade(Multiplayer)

I spent countless hours on matches in this game, endless fun, FPS these days dont match it imo :)

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Vietcong

Aliens vs Predator 2

Company of Heroes

Star Wars Galaxies

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Counter Strike: Source

Battlefield 2

Those are my favourites. 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Of all time?

Diablo 2

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

EverQuest, CounterStrike 1.6, Old School Half Life on LAN.. 

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Actually a very hard question..

At the moment its probally Batlefield 3 really loving that game.

Fav of all time is such a hard question.. Ok a series of games it will ahve to be and thats the Star Wars Xwing/Tie Fighter series was just awesome and I spent many many hours playing those games..

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

Guild Wars 1, Command and Conquer TIberium Sun, Red Faction 2, Morrowind, Tropico 1, and others.

My favorite of favorites: Tiberium Sun. First foray into strategy games and always liked them

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

Planescape: Torment

No doubt

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    Final Fantasy VII - I still have the victory tone as SMS signal
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

World of Tanks....yah seriously I think this is the game ive been waiting for, for the last 25 years....though MWO also looks like a serious contender

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Outcast.

The best adventure game i ever played. And how can one forget the epic soundtrack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaHTNj_hSl0

• BrokenSpoonBrokenSpoon Member Posts: 205

FFVII is by far my favorite game of all time but was on PS1 when I was a youngen and this is PC games, so sticking to CS1.6/HL/EQ.  

All hail the Barn Owl! oh.. and the RED SQUIRREL!!!

• ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172

I CANT BELIEVE NOBODY PICKED SOME OF MY FAVORITES!!!

FPS :  HEAVY GEAR 2 ... simply awesome. best community ever and always had my heart pounding. NOTHING compared to it in its day. on several occasions i turned down sex to compete in Clan battles. 15th Iron Lions !!! to this very day i wake to the faint, lingering hope that some perceptive and brilliant studio will revive this series. unfortunately HG2 will not play in Vista or Win7

RTS :  Rise of Nations  (tie)  Empire Earth 2 ... makes Age of Empires series look silly and childish. i still play Rise of Nations every week or two with friends.

MMO :  Everquest 

Adventure :  MYST  series (tie)  Missing: Since January  ... just pure magic (with a dash of frustration :) )

honorable mentions : Tribes 2, Rune, BF 1942, BF3, Bioshock, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Homeworld 1 and 2, Dark Messiah Might and Magic and currently DC Universe Online (yep i think its maybe the most underappreciated game of the past 5 years)

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

I like the most played and most loved some people put.

Most played:  Quake 3 Arena - over 10 years and still play in a tournament every year.   now Quake Live, same game basically just better player base nowadays.

Most loved:   Planescape: Torment, Morrowind, Civ's, Baldur's Gate II, Ultima 7, Diablo's, Divine Divinity

MMOs I have loved:  Guild Wars

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

wolfenstin 3d, commander keen, jill of the jungle, pong, AOE(s), AoM,ToA(s)... 

the list goes on rofl..

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Any Elder Scrolls

FFVII

Wizard's and Warriors

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Greatest most groundbreaking PC game of all time, without a doubt:  Doom

And yes, I know Wolfenstein 3D was first (by same developers) but wasn't even close to how good Doom was.  The developers of Wolfenstein 3D held back on Wolfensten and formed their own company to make Doom immediately after because they saw the potential.  Here is what Doom popularized if not outright invented:

1) First Person Shooters (and texture mapping).  At one time every FPS was called a "Doom Clone" just like many MMOs are called "WoW-clones" today

2) Online multiplayer.  There were news stories almost weekly of business LANs being overrun by the geek admins running Doom deathmatch when they shouldnt have been

3) Mods.  Their WAD files spurred a whole bunch of downloadable mods to the game.  My favorite was the Simpsons mod

4) Shareware.  For Doom they didn't even sell in stores originally.  They gave away 1/3 of the game for free on the internet, and people had to send them a check to get the full game.

Now tell me THAT isn't influencing gaming...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements