Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

ArcheAge: Closed Beta Extended

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,572MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

According to a post on ArcheAge news blog, the official Korean site has been updated with an announcement that the closed beta test will be extended an extra two weeks to polish the recently released siege warfare system.

The beta, due to the extra time, will last through March 11th.

image

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

image

Comments

  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,934Member Uncommon

    Good call, I wonder if 2 weeks is enough?

    It is always better to wait a little to fix up stuff like this before the release than to just fix all problems after.

  • SebaliSebali Staten Island, NYPosts: 392Member Uncommon

    much rather a game push back dates and get stuff right than rush it out half finished

     


  • Originally posted by Sebali

    much rather a game push back dates and get stuff right than rush it out half finished

    for real. a good launch can make or break a game. i hate it when a game launches and half the crap is broken. i think ArcheAge will be a solid game, but they need me to test it lol. wtb beta!

  • SuraknarSuraknar Montreal, QCPosts: 824Member

    This game looks quite well made, but I am not sure about it gameplay overall.

    Feels much like a Themepark (with levels and battlegrounds) with some Sandbox elements (Advanced Crafting, Housing, Ships etc)...

    For me it will all depend on how everything works together, if you need to grind for months to cap the levels and then grind again before you can build something like Houses a Tower or ships, etc. then we have issues.

    We shall see how it goes I am certainly willing to give it a try, but after that whether I saty or not will depend intirelly on the game's capacity to empower the player to set their own goals and face the challenges in their own terms, that is what a Sandbox should be about.

    I am not in the mood for a Lineage II (old Gamepaly) grind thought...

    So many unnanswered questions still.



     

    - Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

    image
    ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard

  • AutemOxAutemOx Fullerton, CAPosts: 1,704Member

    I really hope that ArcheAge is totally bug free and lag free when it is released.  I really dont care personally when I play a  MMO and there are some bugs...  I played vangaurd off the bat and the bugs just made me chuckle.  But so many people care a ton about this that it can make or break a games popularity... And I REALLY want ArcheAge to do well.  It could change the way big dumb corporate $$ goes into MMOs.

    Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

  • McGamerMcGamer Fairfield Bay, ARPosts: 1,012Member

    Taking a long time to release a game doesn't always equal a quality game. Take SWTOR for example...

  • KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Czanrei

    Taking a long time to release a game doesn't always equal a quality game. Take SWTOR for example...

    The article is more about polish, a better example would be AoC considering the state it was in at launch even after multiple lengthy delays.

  • BrenelaelBrenelael Warren, MEPosts: 3,996Member

    This is good news. It means that they care more about a quality product then just pushing something out on the market for a quick cash grab. I'd much rather wait longer for a good quality first experience then get something half finished and buggy.

     

    Bren

    while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

  • SkillCosbySkillCosby Trenton, MIPosts: 684Member

    When it releases in the US, it should be fine-tuned and extremely well put together.

    IF it releases in the US :(

  • curzon176curzon176 nanaimo, BCPosts: 14Member

    Originally posted by SkillCosby

    When it releases in the US, it should be fine-tuned and extremely well put together.

    IF it releases in the US :(

    Agreed. I sure hope it releases in North America.

  • ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,026Member Uncommon

    WHAHAHAHA I love the wording. "Closed beta extended" sounds a lot more positive then "Open beta/release delayed" :P

    Atleast the PR department is sharp enough ;)

  • xxpigxxxxpigxx Harlingen, TXPosts: 412Member
  • heartlessheartless Brooklyn, NYPosts: 4,993Member

    I need this game in my life! It seems to have everything an old UO vet would want in an MMO.

    Sadly, those of us in the West will probably not see this game for another 2-3 years.

    image

  • AutemOxAutemOx Fullerton, CAPosts: 1,704Member

    Originally posted by Coman

    WHAHAHAHA I love the wording. "Closed beta extended" sounds a lot more positive then "Open beta/release delayed" :P

    Atleast the PR department is sharp enough ;)

    Nice catch ;)

    Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

  • TerranahTerranah Stockton, CAPosts: 3,605Member

    Originally posted by xxpigxx

    Here is an unbiased review from a tester:



    http://www.archeagesource.com/topic/636-archeage-cbt4-review-and-extensive-game-info/


     

    Wow, thanks for the link.  I loved precu SWG and really miss it.  Archeage looks like the game I've been waiting for.  I can't wait to play it, but also afraid it will disappoint.

     

    It looks really amazing so far though.  I'm excited to try this game.

  • travdotytravdoty modesto, CAPosts: 274Member

    Originally posted by curzon176

    Originally posted by SkillCosby

    When it releases in the US, it should be fine-tuned and extremely well put together.

    IF it releases in the US :(

    Agreed. I sure hope it releases in North America.

    Don't have the source, but I've read multiple places that they confirmed an impending NA release in an interview.

  • waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,469Member Uncommon
  • seiiyaseiiya thessalonikiPosts: 24Member

    Originally posted by Suraknar

    This game looks quite well made, but I am not sure about it gameplay overall.





    Feels much like a Themepark (with levels and battlegrounds) with some Sandbox elements (Advanced Crafting, Housing, Ships etc)...

    For me it will all depend on how everything works together, if you need to grind for months to cap the levels and then grind again before you can build something like Houses a Tower or ships, etc. then we have issues.





    We shall see how it goes I am certainly willing to give it a try, but after that whether I saty or not will depend intirelly on the game's capacity to empower the player to set their own goals and face the challenges in their own terms, that is what a Sandbox should be about.

    I am not in the mood for a Lineage II (old Gamepaly) grind thought...

    So many unnanswered questions still.










     




     

    1 its a sanbox

    2 its quest based not ala L2 kkk mobs to get a lvl

    3 this guy is DA boss for any korean mmo's u wanna check news etc etc since he is in all CBT and making reviews very good guy .

     

    http://steparu.com/reviews/mmo-rpg-reviews/732-archeage-online-cbt4-coverage

Sign In or Register to comment.