Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark and Light

Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156

I just stumbled on to the old Dark and Light website and had to laugh. That launch was pretty exciting then it was the biggest failure ever. It's not even listed on the game list on this page haha. GW2 can come soon enough...

Comments

• bosmer24bosmer24 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Yep,we all know this.What suprises me is people still take the time to narc on this game.It's dead.As Paul Mccartney would say,let it be.What you may not realize was the amazing potential this game had,only to be denied its true glory by incompotent developers. GW2,i'll try it,but Savage Horizons is what i am waiting for.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    What did happen with this game?
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by kostoslav

What did happen with this game?

Mismanagement from the CEO, and they kept using some subsystem of the game that was vital for operation. However, that specific subsystem of the D&L servers was copyrighted by a developer they fired, and then continued to use that specific system without his approval. He went to court, sued the D&L company for using his precompiled copyrighted code & that was the drop in the bucket that killed the giant.

All in all, it was a fun game for what it was. HOWEVER, they lied to their customers at every step of the way to get their return in investment, and then ran off with it essentially leaving the game updateless. After about 3months of absolutely no proper updates being given everyone left. They TRIED to reboot D&L a year later with hardcore changes to the game, but they were too hardcore (ie: making it 3x harder to level, etc).

I played in Alpha, Beta, Open Beta, got a refund for my preorder and left before launch. It's not that I got burnt out, but I realized how badly the game was being mismanaged & that they were NOT listening to the horrible crys people were making about the engine that needed fixes badly, and how there was almost no content.

With all of that said, the game was purchased by a Korean company 2years ago, and is being redeveloped as "Savage Horizon" or something like that. I can't wait to see it come to NA again :)!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• mechtech256mechtech256 Member UncommonPosts: 206