Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 minutes till the eu event

Comments

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by tollbooth

Originally posted by Snoepie

site

gameservers

everything is being hammered atm

Go outside wait 1/2 hours and try again is my guess

NO!  must beta test play button thoroughly.

lol :)

On a side note... why do I get the impression that everyone telling others to go away for an hour is sitting there hammering the play button while they type...

Shhhhh! Hush you!

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Your probably all stress server testers who won't get past character creation! Muhahahahaha (joking)

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by Celcius

So I heard a rumor about them locking the game from the US for the EU beta, any truth to this? I figure its just a rumor due to all the crazyness surrounding how slammed the login servers are.

I'm getting a ticket verification error at server selection now.  This could be what they are referring too?

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by Mannish

Originally posted by TheIllusive

Hi everyone, currently you're not able to access our login & game servers, due to the heavy load! Same goes for our forums, please wait some more time, we're working on it and will inform you, if we have news for you. ~Raven

on fb

Well I guess this is what betas are for. Testing for things like this.

No.... This is not what betas are for. A good company would use the beta to try and get in more players. ANet made a statement about, I think they said that people treat beta as a demo, yes, people don't treat beta as a beta.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Hi everyone, currently you're not able to access our login & game servers, due to the heavy load! Same goes for our forums, please wait some more time, we're working on it and will inform you, if we have news for you. ~Raven

on fb

it's not beta though... it's a sneak peak promotion to encourage us to buy their game.

Well its not techncally a beta but I am sure this is just testing for them.

Yeah, probably,but it's a dangerous game to play... to offer a service and then fail to open the doors or keep them open.

I'm not complaining really, I have a high tolerance with this kind of stuff, I am just saying. Others aren't as forgiving and first impressions last :(

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Originally posted by lectrocuda

So I heard a rumor about them locking the game from the US for the EU beta, any truth to this? I figure its just a rumor due to all the crazyness surrounding how slammed the login servers are.

it wouldnt let me use the key I was given

Did you go to the EU website and create a new account ? Thats what I did. Still got 20 min left on DL so i'll let you know.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

I'm getting a ticket verification error at server selection now.  This could be what they are referring too?

Nope, got that one as well and I am from EU.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by TalRasha

site

gameservers

On a side note... why do I get the impression that everyone telling others to go away for an hour is sitting there hammering the play button while they type...

Shhhhh! Hush you!

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I'm quiet mellow about the whole thing. We will all be able to get on at some point. What I would like to know is that after all these years, why is the first day of a beta event always like this. "We where not expecting such heavy traphic! The servers can't handle it captain!". I mean, have these guys ever been to a beta test before? image

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Been able to login, screamed " I ARE IN!!!" and then got

Error: 01110001

General failure

No, I'm getting that too. And I'm logging in from Europe.

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by Terminus-Est

So how did you guys all get into the beta? I got nothing, even though I signed up for it the first day it was available.

If you pre-order the game you get acces to all the upcoming Beta's :) It is a commercial stunt ofcourse, but who cares ? just 5 dollars to get acces to all the beta's is no problem for me.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by Sorrow

3pm GMT = 10am EST not 9am  -5

Still 40 mins until start

if this is suppose to start 3pm GMT then yea we are early :(

Its not GMT, its CET. So its 45 minutes late.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by bronecar

Nope, got that one as well and I am from EU.

Thanks for the response bronecar

• DavirokDavirok Member UncommonPosts: 75

I JUST GOT IN!!!...

Not.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

I wonder if this will be as epic a thread as the one for WAR so many years ago... made lot's of friends through those 1k something pages (by the end the whole deal was more funny than anything else). 

• warmen_faithwarmen_faith Member Posts: 90

So how did you guys all get into the beta? I got nothing, even though I signed up for it the first day it was available.

If you pre-order the game you get acces to all the upcoming Beta's :) It is a commercial stunt ofcourse, but who cares ? just 5 dollars to get acces to all the beta's is no problem for me.

Most of the people on here got Keys from various websites for this event.

Originally posted by spookydom

I'm quiet mellow about the whole thing. We will all be able to get on at some point. What I would like to know is that after all these years, why is the first day of a beta event always like this. "We where not expecting such heavy traphic! The servers can't handle it captain!". I mean, have these guys ever been to a beta test before? image

Yeah weird. It's like this for every mmo game so far. They should really go for a timed approach, different logon time for smaller groups of people. Where they mail you the time you can start.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Originally posted by Volgore

Been able to login, screamed " I ARE IN!!!" and then got

Error: 01110001

General failure

LOL

I did pretty much the same thing. Like Oh Yeah.. then Oh Noes!! when the error poped up

site

gameservers

Shhhhh! Hush you!

Hahahaha. Yeah guys just wait an hour or two!

*smashes play button furiously*

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by nomss

on fb

No.... This is not what betas are for. A good company would use the beta to try and get in more players. ANet made a statement about, I think they said that people treat beta as a demo, yes, people don't treat beta as a beta.

Beta have always been about testing but people treat them as a free demo. Closed Betas are mostly testing and open beta is when they show the game off to get players. This is why games have Beta Phases.  Nobody is going to release a mmo with out some kind of testing to see how their servers handle the players. Arena Net is only stating what people already know.

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

I have pre-ordered but didn't get a key.

Originally posted by spookydom

Yeah weird. It's like this for every mmo game so far. They should really go for a timed approach, different logon time for smaller groups of people. Where they mail you the time you can start.

SWTOR did this and got abuse for that as well. They really cant win.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I have pre-ordered but didn't get a key.

Just asking. But did you check your spam folder?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

First we brought the login-servers down, now this thread will bring the forum down.

And then we'll bring down the rest of the world!!