Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Press Beta Event Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

NCSoft and Arena.Net will be treating members of the press to a Guild Wars 2 beta event in the near future. MMORPG.com is one of the lucky attendees and we will have full beta previews, news and articles for our readers on February 20th. That's all we can say...for now. ;) Let the buzz begin!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

That is great news, looking forward to reading more about it. :D

• lifehuelifehue Member Posts: 77

Very nice, will be looking forward to read more new news about this game!

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Grats MMORPG.com.  Look forward to it.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

In other news Tollbooth hired parttime for mmorpg writing staff, and has been selected to take part in the GW2 beta on everyones behalf.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

I haven't been following this game that much, but from all the hype I can't wait to see the articles. I do love the artistry of what I've seen and I like the risk taking I hear all about, so looking forward to seeing how this all unravels and learning more about it in great detail. :-)

There Is Always Hope!

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    The wire is fast approaching. So excited!!!!!

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Great!  Can't wait for the sneak peek.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Brilliant, great to see mmorpg.com got in. Looking forward to the 20th to get your impressions. Need a guest writer ? :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by tollbooth

In other news Tollbooth hired parttime for mmorpg writing staff, and has been selected to take part in the GW2 beta on everyones behalf.

You lucky skunk.

Edit: Or is that wishful thinking?

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Awesome!! great news guys,  looking foward to all the details!!

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by Loke666

You lucky skunk.

Wishful thinking :)

Although I've done quite a bite of writing on games in the past I don't think mmorpg needs more staff.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Can't wait to see what you guys have to say!  Congrats on being invited!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Nice! That means the game is close. I like I like

• heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

Press beta woohoo!

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Gratz, and may we have an impartial preview

RIP Orc Choppa

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Very excited! Not as good as getting into beta, but at least it will bring us a lot more information. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

I never judge a game until I play it. Anything else is just a waste of time.

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by arctarus

Gratz, and may we have an impartial preview

Agreed. Please give us the bad with the good, if there is any "bad" to be found.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

cant wait to beta it myself 

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175

Good to hear, but for the love of gaming don't softball the reviews like you did for SWTOR.  We deserve to know the truth, good or bad, about the game.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I hope the WvWvW system delivers.....Hard to get too excited anymore, with the releases of the last 4.5 years...

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

The reviews will be based on the monitary encouragement as usual. Its expected though. Regardless I look forward to seeing waht the press has to say. Basically if you see "This is amazing" it means that system is pretty good. If you see "We liked this" it means the system is average and if you see "This was pretty good though nothing new" or something to thoes terms it means its crap imo.

• MorcotulconMorcotulcon Member UncommonPosts: 262

Originally posted by Badgered86

Good to hear, but for the love of gaming don't softball the reviews like you did for SWTOR.  We deserve to know the truth, good or bad, about the game.

I may be a GW2 fan, but I completelly agree with this. If there are bad things you find about the game, and REAL ones (not the stupid "It doesn't make full sense to me"), be sure to take notes and tell us! You probably will tell Arena-net too!

Anyway, gratz and have fun! =)

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Loke666

You lucky skunk.

Wishful thinking :)

Although I've done quite a bite of writing on games in the past I don't think mmorpg needs more staff.

Hey, man. If you've got a great article idea, pitch us! You never know. :)

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Badgered86

I agree with you here.  Though I may be an avid supporter of GW2 what the devs are trying to achieve. If something doesn't feel right about the game, then tell us MMORPG.com. If WvWvW turns into at 5 fps slideshow, with over 100 players on screen or the Dynamic Events become monotonous, then tell us.