Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Post To Bioware

124»

Comments

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by Warjin

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Originally posted by Warjin

Most people are Idiots plain and simple, the internet habors "mostly" cowards & losers in real life, being a prick to others online helps them feel better about themselves, speading unhappiness to others helps them shead away unhappiness from themselves, it's sick I know but what can we do about it?

To tell you the truth one should not let it bother them if anything I started to really feel bad for those types of people, they are lacking in real life and it reflects online through there hate topics & posts, all we can do as good people is to not feed into that negativaity and be the best we can be to ourself and others like minded and pitty thoses with the dark cloud of negativity over there heads.

Uh yeah, no offense but I wouldn't exactly say your post exudes any warm and fuzzies.

Not feelin' any Bob Rossified vibes after reading a post that starts out saying most people are idiots,. Not to mention the rest of it...

"Most" is the key word here,not all, and i'm not saying you or anyone in particular, there are some good people with good empowering topics and posts and some with strong debates and I respect that, but posting for the sake of speading hateful opinions does no one anygood, those types of people are lacking to feel the need to do such a thing, I know everyone gets pissie every now and then but there are those that are consistent in this behavior and this to me shows that something isn't right with them on a real life personal level.

We are all better then this as humans and must not let ourselves fall victim to this type of emotions

not to get far off topic but when in history have humans not been slaves to our emotions.. Unfortunatley no one I know in my life is a true "Jedi" no matter what they say :P

I am a slave to my emotions but but I try to break free from the negative ones that do nothing but make me even more out of control, I think if we all learned to manage our negative emotions we will all be in a better place.

Lol true we are not Jedi but the concept behind the Jedi & Vulan philosophy holds some truth if you really think about it, but thats another topic that I would love to debate with people.

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by garry

Forums and posts - thousands of them so I thought I would toss my op in the mix.

Bioware - I am a 66 year old retired game designer (PnP). I looked forward to the new SWTOR, played a couple Betas, bought the DDE and am now playing. I want to congratulate you on a job well done. Are there some problems and bugs? Sure - just like EVERY OTHER MMO EVER LAUNCHED! I still like and have fun because the positive aspects of the game outweigh the negatives - by far - for me. Others who have different opinions state them, often, repeatedly, loudly and range from plain disappointment (normal) to outraged quitting obscenity. Puzzled as to why anyone would go thru so much time and effort, again repeatedly, to bash a simple video game, but have decided that it is simply some form of human nature.

Just as 'NEWS' organizations give priority to horrifying and 'bad' news, so do review organizations do the same. What works for the reputable news works for the new guys on the block as well. I decided to post instead of playing right now cause I have to go walk the dogs first. Then I will resume my game being a very lucky retired person who can play as much as I like.

And I like playing SWTOR. I have 3 characters, Jedi Knight, Smuggler and a new Trooper. Have some Empire characters I am looking forward to playing. I know the bug fixes and updates are coming, not really worried. So once again, well done Bioware and I am enjoying the game.

You seem to lack some very basic understanding of human nature. This knowledge would tell you exactly why people behave in the maner you speak. At your age I would think this knowledge would be almost a given.

Therefore, it may be I who lack's some basic understanding of human nature. 

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by ktanner3

I love Star Wars too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to like every game that comes out with the Star Wars label on it. I never liked SWG, even though some here think it was the greatest thing ever. I thought it was the most boring filled piece of crap ever. I've never been more dissapointed with a game.But when I stopped playing, I stopped playing. I didn't go on the SWG boards on a daily basis telling everyone what a bad game it was and how there is something wrong with people that like it.Others on the other hand seemed to spend their whole time in game and on the official forums trashing it. In fact, I didn't even know that game HAD fans until I came to this site. Obviously it had fans, but I would have never known that if I went by the official boards and globe chat.My attitude with a bad game is that I say my piece and move on. After all it's just a game.

And really, if you feel this miserable over one star wars game then don't bother with any others because Star Wars games tend to be crappy.

difference is I HAVE liked every star wars game I have played that I can remember.. even back to the old snes ones. I even like force unleashed 2 which many people hated. Also you are putting a straight label on me saying I sit here and bash the game left and write which I don't I give my opinion which just happens to be negative its still just an opinion. I don't start threads to start fights. I'm just debating my stance on the game you don't have to understand why but that's how it is.. I also like to debate on topics I have long history's with( like MMOs) so there's another reason I'm here.

For me there's nothing to debate. This isn't some ideological real world argument like in politics where you can debate the finer points of abortion. You either like the game or you don't. There might be reasons why you do or don't, but they really aren't worthy of anything much beyond that because in the end, we're just talking about a game here. Not cures for cancer.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by ktanner3

For me there's nothing to debate. This isn't some ideological real world argument like in politics where you can debate the finer points of abortion. You either like the game or you don't. There might be reasons why you do or don't, but they really aren't worthy of anything much beyond that because in the end, we're just talking about a game here. Not cures for cancer.

true it is just a game.. but MMOs can take up a significant portion of peoples lives..anything that takes up that much time in my life to me warrants some sort of emotional response and to many its more or less an addiction so as an addiction its worth debating wether you agree with that or not but there are even MMO addiction support groups out there.. 

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by tyrannis

Originally posted by garry

Forums and posts - thousands of them so I thought I would toss my op in the mix.

Bioware - I am a 66 year old retired game designer (PnP). I looked forward to the new SWTOR, played a couple Betas, bought the DDE and am now playing. I want to congratulate you on a job well done. Are there some problems and bugs? Sure - just like EVERY OTHER MMO EVER LAUNCHED! I still like and have fun because the positive aspects of the game outweigh the negatives - by far - for me. Others who have different opinions state them, often, repeatedly, loudly and range from plain disappointment (normal) to outraged quitting obscenity. Puzzled as to why anyone would go thru so much time and effort, again repeatedly, to bash a simple video game, but have decided that it is simply some form of human nature.

Just as 'NEWS' organizations give priority to horrifying and 'bad' news, so do review organizations do the same. What works for the reputable news works for the new guys on the block as well. I decided to post instead of playing right now cause I have to go walk the dogs first. Then I will resume my game being a very lucky retired person who can play as much as I like.

And I like playing SWTOR. I have 3 characters, Jedi Knight, Smuggler and a new Trooper. Have some Empire characters I am looking forward to playing. I know the bug fixes and updates are coming, not really worried. So once again, well done Bioware and I am enjoying the game.

You seem to lack some very basic understanding of human nature. This knowledge would tell you exactly why people behave in the maner you speak. At your age I would think this knowledge would be almost a given.

Therefore, it may be I who lack's some basic understanding of human nature. 

It was and is also human nature to Kill,Rape and Steal from one another but over time most have learned to supress those emotions for the sake of progressing humanity, (baby steps I know)

Just because something is in our nature it shouldn't give us a get out of jail free pass, I feel our goal as humans should be to shead thoses negative acts of human nature and evolve to our next level of humanity, right now it seems like we are stuck inbetween our primevil & logical phase and alot of us are having a hard time making that transition, but so long as we know the problem then we should strive for that (AkA) next level of human evolution. We need to control our emotions not let our emotion control us like it has for thousands of years.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Seems a bit unfair to only call out the bashers, haters and ragequitters. What about the apologists, fanboys and masochists?

The internet is just one big cesspool, especially game forums. At least be fair to everyone wading around in it.

/cannonball

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.