Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

APB: Reloaded: A Mixed Bag of Awesome & Frustration

13»

Comments

• swwinchesterswwinchester Member Posts: 5

They have. The fact is that hacking was -seriously- rampant for a while - Reloaded did this intentionally to figure out how people were hacking, and to make certain that they were going to be able to net hackers and only hackers.

Since January, several rather massive banhammer sweeps have occured, and the official forums contain lists of who's been banned. My last few dives in have seen a massive drop in hackers - still encounter them now and again, but it is now 'once every 20 to 30 missions', if that.

Of course, the problem with Idlers is still fairly common, so the old "Find 4 friends and go in as a group" still applies. Heavily.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

i completely agree with this review sorry but sometimes you gotta call a pig a pig

• Arsenal333Arsenal333 Member Posts: 2

I totally disagree with the social rating. This game is very social. Thing is, clans are so big this day that you need to play the game for a while. I'm in a clan with around 60 people in it, and usually at least 30 people are online at any given time so people are talking a lot. Even in district chat people talk if you go to the right district. People only spam or talk in Russian in 'Social District' even though that district is only callled social because you can't fight in it, you only buy stuff and customize items.

• DonaghueDonaghue Member Posts: 1

I agree with what Fallenmoogla says about this seeming like the reviewer has not given the game a proper go. In my experience with APBR, the first ten minutes were an exercise in frustration, and the first thirty ranks were an endurance run. Once past these the game really starts to come into it's own; to review APBR on the beginners experience alone does the game--and its creators, who have put an awful lot of work into it--a disservice.

By my reckoning I started playing the game about the time this review was written, and I see quite a few contradictions between the reviewer's experience and my own. Maybe she played the original, I don't know, but a review of the game as it exists now would be more helpful.

All that said, the title of this review? A Mixed Bag of Awesome & Frustration? Bullseye.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Mentioning world of warcraft? Still? Really? Get a life.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Mentioning world of warcraft still? Really? Get a life.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

"Cars and trucks do not feel too different from one another."

The cars and trucks are actually very different, primarily among the ones that players can own. Your average taxi, compact car and utility van probably feels very similar because those are rather similar. However, jumping into the Toreador (jeep-looking thing), muscle car (looks like a Vega) or any of the heavy vehicles (cement mixer, garbage truck, ambulance) and there is a significant difference in acceleration and handling. 

Vehicles also have different ramming capacity and storage capacity, so while the cargo van might handle similar to the taxi, there's far more room for stolen equipment in the van. Another thing is seating, which helps out for drive-by's. :) 

"An MMO should provide the option for solitary play. You should be able to enjoy this alone. You should not, if you choose so, be shackled to other players."

Gained a couple levels last night solo. Spent over an hour of it at Notoriety 5, netting myself the "Most Wanted" title. Cash,  and experience came from

• looting stores and fencing the goods

• stealing cars and taking them to the chop shop

• killing rank 5 enforcers

• mugging pedestrians

You can definitely advance solo but it's a heck of a lot more fun in groups.  My suggestion is, if you're interested in playing further, to dive back in and try the game out again. Explore a bit more and check out the wikis for it. Between the two there's a decent amount of info:

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre