Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Pre-orders Now Being Accepted

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment and Frogster have announced that three versions of TERA are now available for preorder. TERA will be released in Standard, Digital Collector's, and Collector's editions with unique bonuses included for each including beta access!

Beta dates are as follows:

En Masse Entertainment will be hosting five Closed Beta Tests for TERA, allowing select gamers the opportunity to get into the game and preview its blend of action-heavy combat and traditional MMO depth. The Closed Beta Tests, the Open Beta Test that will be open to the general public closer to launch, and Head Start will take place on the following dates:

• Closed Beta Test 1: February 10 – 12

• Closed Beta Test 2: February 24 – 26

• Closed Beta Test 3: March 9 – 11

• Closed Beta Test 4: March 23 – 25

• Closed Beta Test 5: April 6 – 8

• Open Beta Test: April 19 – 22

• Head Start: April 28 – May 1

Prices (NA version):

• Standard - $49.99

• Digital Collector's - $59.99

• Collector's - $79.99

Check out this image for included bonuses:

Get started preordering on the TERA NA or the TERA EU site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

That's a nice CE, but something tells me it would be better to wait and see what (if anything) the courts decide before jumping in on this one.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Would it be wise to pre-order a game that may or may not be launced in NA? I thought their was an ongoing lawsuit aganist this game?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Interesting.  While I'm definately interested, I kind of want to see the game first....but conundrum...pre-ordering grants you access to all betas and EA...hrmm...must decide before the 10th :D

*Edited to add for the above..... Worst case and they don't launch, it's just a dispute (chargeback)  However, I really don't think this is going to get before a judge in time to stop the launch

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

beta invite.... early access....?

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

They pretty much have by this stated that case is a total joke. No company who truly felt it was in danger or truly had stolen assests would begin the process of taking people's money for a product to come out.

As far as I can tell, NCSoft is hating.

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Are EU players going for the US version, or sticking with Frogster. Personally I'm extremely cautious when any third party company takes over a specific region's version of an MMO, as it never EVER ends well.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

Originally posted by Celusios

They pretty much have by this stated that case is a total joke. No company who truly felt it was in danger or truly had stolen assests would begin the process of taking people's money for a product to come out.

Umm... if a company stole assets to develop a product, wouldn't it be safe to assume they would be more than happy to take money for said product (even with the possibility of having to cancel said product due to a court order)?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by NBlitz

EUROPE PRE-ORDERS

http://community.tera-europe.com/shop.html

Think I'll get the 'mini version'. Have no beta access and I've heard too many bad stories that I'm not gonna buy a full version (yet)

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Why is NCsoft trying to sue?

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

When we heard of Tera for the first time we all know that bluehole (tera) dev were all NCsoft dev and they stole lineage 3 files, its was a not a rumor its was everywhere on the internet..

and now when its about to release everywhere Na europe, people are  like ahhh why they sue. omg they hating. why wait until they release to sue..

its was already ungoing before release even in korean,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

They didn't steal assets. They hired a few ex-Lineage developers who had worked on the Lineage 3 engine. Unless they are under a no-compete agreement, then they have nothing.

The courts will ask NCSoft one simple question: Why did you wait until En Masse completed and launched the game before filing suit?

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

What? where is thr 150$ overpriced CE with random crap inside?

WTF? Regular edition for 50$ ? what is this? a pc game?

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by rwyan

Originally posted by Celusios

Umm... if a company stole assets to develop a product, wouldn't it be safe to assume they would be more than happy to take money for said product (even with the possibility of having to cancel said product due to a court order)?

^this

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by spaceport

What? where is thr 150$ overpriced CE with random crap inside?

WTF? Regular edition for 50$ ? what is this? a pc game?

Haha! Yeah!

SWTOR knew that most people who pre-ordered that stupid thing were doing it for the bonus items. This is why they didn't include all the bonus items in their Limited Digital Edition.

As for Tera, they did a good job with their pre-order / ce incentives. They provided all the bs fluff items in the Digital CE. RESPECT.

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Going for it, hopefully tomorrow if job allows :)

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Nice, but after the burn from preordering SWTOR I will not preorder again.

Edit:

Beecauze I kant spel

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Nice, but after the burn from preordering SWTOR I will not prorder again.

Totally agree with this. No one should pre order games because they just will keep churning out the same unfinished crappy games if those people that pre order every mmo that comes out continue.

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784

I'd prefer to wait for the eventual price drop.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by precious328

They didn't steal assets. They hired a few ex-Lineage developers who had worked on the Lineage 3 engine. Unless they are under a no-compete agreement, then they have nothing.

The courts will ask NCSoft one simple question: Why did you wait until En Masse completed and launched the game before filing suit?

Have you seen the information from the Korean court case? There has already been jail time handed down over the theft of the L3 assest. There was also an injunction against Bluehole over using those assets that they were proven to have taken. Whether those assest are in Tera is what the courts have to decide now it seems.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Pfft. You mad if you think I'm pre-ordering. I'll wait to see if GW2 comes out first or not.

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I'm a sucker for trying new MMO's so pre-ordered.

Just hope its not another SWTOR but at least the CE price is more reasonable. 

I'm also going to try GW2 but dont think its going to be as good as everyone expects, so covering all my bases as this is really the only other game thats semi interesting this year. Secret world doesnt look bad but it's the developer that worries me there.  

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    I would pre order but having a blast with swtor and waiting on diablo 3 release. Not interested in a aion 2.4
  • RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

Allright I preordered Rift but after got bad experience with it passed on star wars, now Tera looks different from the wow clone games recently released. It was about time we get a different game.

Going right now to Best Buy to preorder CE, also if any good guild allready forming let me know thanks.