Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

28/01/2012 patch notes - LOL REALLY!!!

Comments

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

EU servers are still down its 14:36 ......havent logged in today so far....

Can i get a refund for this farce bioware ?

Bought 2 copy's and 2 timecards total price +- 170 euro.... 1 7 0 e u r o for shit like this.

Seems i activated the trap card again :(

Warhammer 

Aion 

SWTOR

Pls dont let GW2 end up on that list or i might going to searh a real life somewhere ^^

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

Originally posted by Mothanos

Bought 2 copy's and 2 timecards total price +- 170 euro.... 1 7 0 e u r o for shit like this.

Warhammer 

Aion 

SWTOR

Pls dont let GW2 end up on that list or i might going to searh a real life somewhere ^^

want to know the even shittier part for you and me? Warhammer and SWTOR were made by the same people!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Warhammer 

Aion 

SWTOR

EU severs came up the same time as the US ones.  Been online since around 13:28 (GMT), 14:28 (CST).

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Jesus, it's getting so bad I'm now officially ignoring any Star Wars post and thread, especially TOR, after this one. I'm sure people will get over it. 'Written off' comes to mind. Au revoir TOR, salut GW2, PWE, DDO, AoC, etc. Have fun all, when you can.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I wish there was a way to not see TOR forum posts on the home page. Ignore a forum, that would save a lot of people a lot of frustration.

imageimage
  • GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

Originally posted by thamighty213

1.1.0c Patch Notes - 1/28/2012

General

• Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

So a 5 hr + downtime at peak EU times and also affecting many US players play shedules for THAT,  pray tell me why that couldnt wait till tuesday.

"I lost  ANOTHER weekend because of this bug just because they were too lazy to fix it before Tuesday!!!!" etc etc etc

That's why.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Warhammer 

Aion 

SWTOR

I wonder if they give free gametime for the downtime.

Cuddos for Blizzard who did that, now let us see if Bioware can do the same.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

An mmo that was release a month ago is having a 5 hour down time, this is unheard of and completely unacceptable, what has this genre come too?

C

• fuzzytoadfuzzytoad Member Posts: 4

What they claimed to have fixed in the patch isn't even fixed. 

People are still geting kicked back to the character select screen.  There's posts complaining about it on the BW forums and it looks like the mods there are doing the bit-bucket thing with them like they've been doing with all other embarassing issues..

I personally think they're lying about the downtime..   The bug they claim they fixed isn't anywhere near serious enough to warrant an emergency fix..  At most a player who experiences it is out of the game for all of 3 minutes...

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

They propably got floooded with tickets so that's reason for hotfix.

Hotfixing is always good. What's bad it took 5 hours downtime for one issue.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by mrshroom89

An mmo that was release a month ago is having a 5 hour down time, this is unheard of and completely unacceptable, what has this genre come too?

haha , you sir have won 5 internets ! :D

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Trion where banging out hotfixes like they where going out of fashion in the early days. The great thing was they would only take 20 minutes or so. There full blown patches only had servers offline for an hour maybe two. Not sure why the hell BW takes so long to do anything 6-8 hours is not uncommon.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

Well I see Biowa... EA hasn't got any better at patching since Bet... well Free Beta.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by thamighty213

1.1.0c Patch Notes - 1/28/2012

General

• Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

So a 5 hr + downtime at peak EU times and also affecting many US players play shedules for THAT,  pray tell me why that couldnt wait till tuesday.

I bet if you where one of the those people who got disconneted you be happy you finially could make use of a product you payed for? You know instead of having to wait an other weekend or would you be like "OMG now all those people can not play for 4-5 hours on there friday. Sad for them I simply prefer not to play this weekend so they do not have to find something else to do on there friday."

Originally posted by Gorilla

Trion where banging out hotfixes like they where going out of fashion in the early days. The great thing was they would only take 20 minutes or so. There full blown patches only had servers offline for an hour maybe two. Not sure why the hell BW takes so long to do anything 6-8 hours is not uncommon.

It's not simply just a small client patch I guess, but they prolly also patched the server software and maybe even tinkerd with the hardware.

• Draxdk0Draxdk0 Member Posts: 29

Wow they fixed a problem....what a horrible bunch of failures....

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn

I guess it sucks to inconvience me to support those players who are getting disconnected.  I guess.  I know where I would stand on the argument if I was getting disconnected.

Hmmmm,

I wonder which group outweighs the other.  The inconvenienced wanna play types or the invconvienenced types who have a game crashing experience.

I'll start a thread after I start a thread about the patch extention

I'll start that thread after I start a thread about why this patch is affecting me..

wait, I'll start those two threads after, I start a thread about the bull crap of having server maintenence on Tuesday when they had all of this down time now.

I'm sure there is another thread I need to start.  We'll just call it 'SWTOR general complaint thread X' until I decide what I'm going to complain about.

Best post in the thread! And to think that these are the people who go in other threads and say things like 'the new generation of gamers ruined games because they all want instant gratification'.

• wickymageewickymagee Member UncommonPosts: 44

What has this world come to when people complain about having to find something else to do for a few hours while a company fixes a game?  Go read a book or talk to your family.  There's absolutely no need for people to get this upset about not being able to play a game.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

STO servers are down this morning too...have been almost every day this week...how come you aren't griping about that?  

• MMOMainiacMMOMainiac Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by Complication

Warhammer 

Aion 

SWTOR

want to know the even shittier part for you and me? Warhammer and SWTOR were made by the same people!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Bioware made Warhammer? Why wasnt that advratised on its box?

Ohhh....I see what you did there.....EA purchased Mythic....then purchased Bioware 2 years into Star Wars' developemnt...soo seing as both are owned by the same parent company, you are trying to imply the same development team made both games.....clever... Let me guess...WoW and Call of Duty 4 were "made by the same people" too?....Derpty Derp...

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

Oh look, another OP with a huge sense of entitlement. When things break on your servers - especially if it's the kind of issue that snowballs into other issues, you fix it. You do it as soon as possible before there's larger issues. 

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by elocke

STO servers are down this morning too...have been almost every day this week...how come you aren't griping about that?  

Well for one, the game is free and second, it's down for an hour at off times.

To be honest, the old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted, but when it comes to star wars fans, I consider it a thing of justice.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

can't imagine why this is surprising considering the short starter history of this game thus far.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

It was often more than an hour or two, and, oddly enough, I don't remember much in the way of threads here (there were some on the official forums, but those have been overwhelmingly dominated by rabid fans from day 1, so no one listened) slagging Trion over it.  Personally I lost track of how many times we got the "Server going down in ten minutes, get somplace safe" message while in the middle of a dungeon run, which kind of sucked. It was a bit annoying, especially as there was no way to know when it would hit and it went on for months, but, meh, if you're not a complete moron you expect that kind of thing with a new game.

Unless, of course, you're obsessed with slagging ToR, in which case no other game has ever done unscheduled maintance and it's obviously a sign of incompetence.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Bunks

Originally posted by elocke

Well for one, the game is free and second, it's down for an hour at off times.

To be honest, the old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted, but when it comes to star wars fans, I consider it a thing of justice.

Yes, it's free, so what?  It's still down at the same time that SWTOR is down...so....I don't see the problem here?  MMO's have downtimes at odd hours, always have.  Can never please everyone since everyone is on a different time frame.  I think the real issue here is people and their sense of entitlement. It's baffling how insane this has become with people in general of late. 

• MMOMainiacMMOMainiac Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by Myria

It was often more than an hour or two, and, oddly enough, I don't remember much in the way of threads here (there were some on the official forums, but those have been overwhelmingly dominated by rabid fans from day 1, so no one listened) slagging Trion over it.  Personally I lost track of how many times we got the "Server going down in ten minutes, get somplace safe" message while in the middle of a dungeon run, which kind of sucked. It was a bit annoying, especially as there was no way to know when it would hit and it went on for months, but, meh, if you're not a complete moron you expect that kind of thing with a new game.

Unless, of course, you're obsessed with slagging ToR, in which case no other game has ever done unscheduled maintance and it's obviously a sign of incompetence.

^ This