Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bioware is making me FURIOUS!

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Pelaaja

US players are as pissed, if possible more, as we are.

It's Friday night for them. I can really feel for them now.

Think of how they've had their work week over, little stressed up. Got their families to bed and sit down to the comp and think they'll open few cans and relax while playing some. *BAM* servers down.

I really feel for them.

Yep...not real pleased.

Although I would feel better if I knew what is was about.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Originally posted by Thodra

Yea that's it. I've unsubed until they sort out the downtimes. Down now for eu during the day, i'm sick of it. i feel it's ONLY about US

Funny. Because I live in the US and this still affected me.

Strange how that works

How's it effecting you?

What are you kidding? The same way it is you.

Wtf lol

I know now

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by Weretigar

Originally posted by oubers

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Originally posted by JudgeUK

Which of course makes the need for separate US and EU maintenance times all the more obvious

Not that I'm against separate server maintenance times, but I'm willing to be there were a lot of US players just as pissed and screwed by this. Just sayin'...

Of course. A server downtime during fairly popular playing hours will disappoint people no matter what region it is.

There will be times when something unexpected happens and needs to be fixed straightaway. Can live with that. It's the planned downtimes that need looking at, and it wouldn't be ground breaking to have US and EU maintenance/patch times done separately. SWTOR has separate servers based in the EU for that region. Sure it's a US company, but so is Trion and they've recognised that the world is round and has different timezones.

According to this they planned this downtime. It's not an emergency downtime as you try to make it look like.

And where are the patch notes this downtime will bring to us? That irritates me most, they don't really communicate. They are present in social media and write marketing bullshit on their forums, but it's all starting to seem like smoke and mirrors.

I've had my share of that with Warhammer: Online. Do I need to endure that with this game too?

your link is about the UPCOMMING patch on the 31st........just saying.

Also they dont even state what issues they are handling in that patch either.....that kinda bothers me tbh.

Read more carefully:

We are working on getting a patch deployed to address various issues and we expect it to deploy in the early hours of the morning tomorrow (CST) and take no longer than four hours.

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Tuesday, January 31st, 2012

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET)

All game servers and swtor.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

you should also read.

I don't really know what are you trying to say here, but you're talking about 31st downtime.

I quoted the part from their announcement that concerns about this downtime we have now. And it's four hours. We will be having that eight hours later.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

US players are as pissed, if possible more, as we are.

It's Friday night for them. I can really feel for them now.

Think of how they've had their work week over, little stressed up. Got their families to bed and sit down to the comp and think they'll open few cans and relax while playing some. *BAM* servers down.

I really feel for them.

Yep...not real pleased.

Although I would feel better if I knew what is was about.

Yea, another thing i dislike. Lag of information

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Yea that's it. I've unsubed until they sort out the downtimes. Down now for eu during the day, i'm sick of it. i feel it's ONLY about US

Funny. Because I live in the US and this still affected me.

Strange how that works

How's it effecting you?

if i am correct, our US brothers are getting into their weekend too .....and they cant login either......the worst time ever to patch.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Complication

bioware brings down the game at the worst times ever. midnight on a friday? REALLY!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

and they also disabled any posting on the forums at all!!! REALLY??!!! Now i cant even complain in all caps there?!!!

The number one reason I canceled no seperate maintenance times for the EU. The availability of their service was ludicrous.

• ComplicationComplication Member Posts: 209

this is just another reason why the way their forums are set up are a failure. besides the whole disabling thing.

they have no real subforum dedicated to just downtime anouncments or patch notes. you gotta go scrolling through all the crap in their Dev Tracker forum which is annoying as fuck to me.

unless im completey blind and there is a forum set aside just for these issues?

this is just another reason why the way their forums are set up are a failure. besides the whole disabling thing.

they have no real subforum dedicated to just downtime anouncments or patch notes. you gotta go scrolling through all the crap in their Dev Tracker forum which is annoying as fuck to me.

When it comes to forums. EA seems to be rather clueless on how they can be used to keep customers in the loop and god forbid try to build a community. Least from what i have seen.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

When it comes to forums. EA seems to be rather clueless on how they can be used to keep customers in the loop and god forbid try to build a community. Least from what i have seen.

yeah ive noticed. i saw that there is a patch note post on the general forum but it took me a minute to see it admist all the other sticky'd crap.

i wish they would just make a forum solely for patch notes/downtimes.

so just boom i know right away instead of being dumb and missing things

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by djmtott

meh, so you can post a picture....good for you :p

Thanks. I like to display my talents.

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

Most of all I hate them for making Star Trek Online seem a stable and viable alternative.

Really I think the only proper way to respond to this whole debacle is to say:

"Fuck it Dude, lets go Huttball."

Really I think the only proper way to respond to this whole debacle is to say:

"Fuck it Dude, lets go Huttball."

you win the entire thread with that quote

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

They have really humped the pooch with this one, pissed off the US and EU and still haven't given any explanation for the patch thats screwing with everyones night/morning.

Disabling the forum was such a bad move as well, but thats what happens when you have official forums, they can gag anyone they want whenever they wish.

However, on a brighter note, at least the US peeps can now appreciate the horrors we EU players have to endure with constant primetime downtimes :)

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Originally posted by Zinzan

They have really humped the pooch with this one, pissed off the US and EU and still haven't given any explanation for the patch thats screwing with everyones night/morning.

Disabling the forum was such a bad move as well, but thats what happens when you have official forums, they can gag anyone they want whenever they wish.

They have given a reason.

Its to patch numerous exploits introduced to OPS with Tuesdays patch.

I dont like the fact its a Saturday morning which is the one day my folks have my children and my main peaceful playtime BUT if it nips a exploit or 5 in the bud before it is abused rampantly by the community, I fully support it.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Going down off cycle isn't that unusual for new games because they are in a contiual mode of quick fixes.  However, I would like the forums to remain open.  It's sort of a place for displaced gamers to go and complain about the downtime while they wait.  It's a tradition.  Ah well, people can come to forums and complain I guess, but it's not the same!

I self identify as a monkey.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Reading my own comment on this.....i should not take it out on you.

Sorry m8 (picture was pretty accurate i guess, doh)

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

That's ok. I didn't know if you recognized Mr. Furious...

Originally posted by thamighty213

I dont like the fact its a Saturday morning which is the one day my folks have my children and my main peaceful playtime BUT if it nips a exploit or 5 in the bud before it is abused rampantly by the community, I fully support it.

I suppose you have source for this, because I haven't been able to find anything about this down time expect for this ambiguous:

We are working on getting a patch deployed to address various issues and we expect it to deploy in the early hours of the morning tomorrow (CST) and take no longer than four hours.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Originally posted by thamighty213

I suppose you have source for this, because I haven't been able to find anything about this down time expect for this ambiguous:

If your right then i'd not have an issue, but i also can't find any information on this patch and the forums are disabled....

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

Very accurate. Rage without strenght to do any damage is like nerd rage without willpower to cancel subscription.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    I just checked swtors twitter they warned of down time at seven pm...

Feel free to report this post, but I'm going to cherish this a bit.

They have a forum post concering this and upcoming downtime.

We've learned in this thread they ninja'd an announcement about ongoing downtime into the original post. That is a thing you should do very cautiously, because you might give a wrong expression to your customers.

This is what it says down the line:

For our new players, this weekly maintenance is done in order to make general improvements and to check performance of the game so that we can continue to provide a consistent, quality experience. Quite often (but not always) after a maintenance period there will a patch to download. After the maintenance, please login via the launcher to download the latest patch. If your launcher was open during the maintenance, you must close and reopen it for a fresh login.

If I was new to the genre or hadn't followed this game, I'd think they're going to do 2 weekly downtimes.

Maybe I'm just not comprehending it correct image

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Well,

I'm off to a very early run to the grocery store.  Better to get it done while the server is down than up.  Saves me some game time later.  See you on the other end :)

I self identify as a monkey.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Its does stink for those of us in Europe.

Next we'll be told that Saturday is not prime time !