Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me, or did Bioware live up to everything they said they would?

1234568»

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by sanosukex

Originally posted by RizelStar

Yea it's more so Story>Gameplay

Rather than Story=Gameplay 

Not that the gameplay is terrible but that's how it is actually.

having story>gameplay is fine for a single player RPG but is really not how you want to design a MMO that you want long term appeal for... figured this would be common sense but guess not...

Oh of course that's the only way MMOs genre will truely advance or least have variety, so far MMOs have been... 

This with out that feature that would make it fun overall

It's like back then WoW overdone both EQ in Story and gameplay they advanced to get better results and experience, EQ was not a bad game IMO but WoW did manage to break both the Story and Gameplay limits.

Ever since then it's been < or this > in over all aspects.

Like I claimed in the other forum, right now the three up coming AAA MMOs are looking to be an advancement in Story and Gameplay and not heavily focused on one or the either(AA is suspect), least they are attempting you know?

Every game that attempt with A gimmick didn't live through because yea it's nice but if you added the other gimmick and used it to work well with your gimmick it'd get a different result and depending on designed was innovated opon that gimmick.

The trick is managing to innovate on both experiences and make them fun and functional, innovating has I'm assuming two definitions yet boils down to just over all outcome and result.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by sanosukex

Yea it's more so Story>Gameplay

Rather than Story=Gameplay 

Not that the gameplay is terrible but that's how it is actually.

having story>gameplay is fine for a single player RPG but is really not how you want to design a MMO that you want long term appeal for... figured this would be common sense but guess not...

Oh of course that's the only way MMOs genre will truely advance or least have variety, so far MMOs have been... 

This with out that feature that would make it fun overall

It's like back then WoW overdone both EQ in Story and gameplay they advanced to get better results and experience, EQ was not a bad game IMO but WoW did manage to break both the Story and Gameplay limits.

Ever since then it's been < or this > in over all aspects.

Like I claimed in the other forum, right now the three up coming AAA MMOs are looking to be an advancement in Story and Gameplay and not heavily focused on one or the either(AA is suspect), least they are attempting you know?

Every game that attempt with A gimmick didn't live through because yea it's nice but if you added the other gimmick and used it to work well with your gimmick it'd get a different result and depending on designed was innovated opon that gimmick.

The trick is managing to innovate on both experiences and make them fun and functional, innovating has I'm assuming two definitions yet boils down to just over all outcome and result.

agreed and the thing is story is really the worst thing they could have an overall focus on in this type of game because people will blow through the new content WAY faster than they are going to be able to produce it.  MMO developers need to realise this and see to keep people you have to take couple pages from the sandbox group and have systems such as policial systems, customizable class systems, housing, ect. No reason a lot of the so called sandbox elements can't be implemented into a themepark game. This allows developers to take more time putting out better content while players can enjoy the systems in place for a much longer period of time. When your focus is a full voiced over story it's going to be very hard to keep a lot of people around when the story is up and nothing left but a gear grind.. and yes there are OTHER things for endgame than gear grind(although some people on these forums seem to not know that)

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

Originally posted by Timukas

I think that problem are rabid fanbois who shouted down everyone who dared to be express even the smallest concerns. Other than that I think that SWTOR is a good game, if not one of the best we currently have (and if you are sick of orcs and elves then there isn't almost no choice at all). Maybe TSW and GW2 will be better, we'll see. But maybe MMO genre is just fucked and needs a reset.

Personally I'd love an MMO without levels (skill based like TSW) because it's bloody annoying leveling out your good gear every day like in SWTOR. 

Spot on.