Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Fantastic Game

StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,264Member Uncommon

I honestly cannot believe how much fun I've been having. It's been so long since I've truly enjoyed a game, even Skyrim for whatever reason just wasn't much fun for me. There are a few things that annoy me, but I'm hopfull that they'll be fixed by the end of Beta. Even with the few flaws this is by far the best action-rpg that I've played since Diablo 2.

I was really angry that Diablo 3 wasn't turning out to be a game I thought I would enjoy, but I can honestly say that I don't care anymore. Path of Exile is here and has left me saying Diablo-who? For the first time in a long time a game I was looking forward to didn't let me down, it was everything I was expecting. Good luck to all those who are still waiting for a Beta key, I waited for close to six months for mine and it just made it all the sweeter when I finally got in.

Comments

• KrelianKrelian GöteborgPosts: 369Member Uncommon

Not being sarcastic, but actually asking; so is this game like a ''Titan Quest Online'' or something?

• IstafeinIstafein New York, NYPosts: 70Member Uncommon

I've been waiting for a beta key for two months now. I'm very excited for this game and it's good to read such positive things about it. 

Good for  you for getting that beta key! I'm a little envious!

“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6-34

• StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,264Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Krelian

Not being sarcastic, but actually asking; so is this game like a ''Titan Quest Online'' or something?

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Titan Quest, but from what I understand it's a lot like Diablo 2. PoE plays in an almost identical fashion to D2, from the itemization, waypoint system, available skills and even class types. That's not to say that it doesn't bring a lot of it's own ideas to the table though. It has some unique ideas, one being the passive skill tree. The tree blows my mind every time I open it.

So, I guess the short answer would be 'Yes'.

• SiderasSideras HelsingborgPosts: 231Member

I liked it, but I couldn't get myself to really play it. Just don't feel that I want a diablo-esque game. Even the Diablo 3 beta felt meh.

What I liked about PoE was the style of it, it's really dark. Almost like a mix between Diablo and Demon's Souls. The trading confused the crap out of me and I had no damn idea of where I was supposed to go. I like that they try to stay old-school but there is a limit.

All in all, fans of Diablo 2 should be looking more to this than to Diablo 3 imho.

• marganculosmarganculos BrnoPosts: 192Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Istafein
    I've been waiting for a beta key for two months now....

only 2 months? im waiting for beta key more than 2 years lol!
  • StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,264Member Uncommon

Originally posted by marganculos

If that's true then go post on the forums, anyone who has an account from 2010 gets instant access. If you've been waiting for two years but didn't create your account until the Beta went live, then your screwed, should have created your account years ago.

• cmemmonscmemmons mount desert, MEPosts: 1Member

Just want to say I was lucky enough to get the POE beta back in October. Played it a little and it did pretty much blow me away. Since then I have gotten the diablo 3 beta and let me tell you path of exile may not have all of the bells and whistles of the appearance and brand name of blizzard backing it like diablo 3 but when it comes to the action hack and slash rpg style play that people enjoy and love this game dominates diablo 3 (at least beta vs beta). As for the diablo 3 and its release version perhaps things will change, but the passive skill tree in this game alone is something that from now on should always be emulated... Very unique and perfect for this type of a style game.

All in all support grinding gear games down in New Zealand, make an account, try to get the FREE to play FREE to download amazing start to Path of Exile, is it the best game ever played, not yet, is it going to make you follow it along its beta journey, and thinking, just one more enticing thing one more move and you're hooked (if you're not already) then you will no be disappointed.

POE>D3

POE beta rating from myself... 

Graphics 6.8 

Gameplay 8.5

Story line 7.9

Playability and additictivness factor 8 (with possibility of becoming a 9)

Customer support 10   (Game is in beta, the team they have in NZ working on this game is TINY in comparison, YET I have commented on forums and helped in beta process and let me be first to tell you everyone on their team will personally PM you and write you emails saying thank you. Best part THEY CHANGE THINGS BASED ON FEEDBACK! First real beta where the players help create and build the game, amazing process so honored to be apart of!

• AdamTMAdamTM Frankfurt Am MainPosts: 1,376Member

Dual wielding wands as a sorc...

enough said

• drbaltazardrbaltazar drummondville, QCPosts: 7,987Member

mm a rpg a la diablo but looks way more interesting plot wise and it is f2p dam!a hidden gem of 2011

• CasaFrankyCasaFranky MünchenPosts: 530Member Uncommon

this game is seriously lacking in gaming features,that d3 is shining with now.

it really like a diablo 1/2 with better graphics.

but with no gold,tiny inventory,ultra rare identification scrolls and bazillions of rare loots.

• mazutmazut SofiaPosts: 885Member Uncommon

Originally posted by CasaFranky

this game is seriously lacking in gaming features,that d3 is shining with now.

it really like a diablo 1/2 with better graphics.

but with no gold,tiny inventory,ultra rare identification scrolls and bazillions of rare loots.

wtf are you talking about?!

• berlightberlight almadaPosts: 156Member

lmao let him talk its only opinions

Beta tester maniac

• ForumPvPForumPvP KingstownPosts: 871Member

Originally posted by marganculos

Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky! and still no beta key for Diablo MMO i have  been  waiting for 16 years!

Let's internet

• ZekiahZekiah Aurora, COPosts: 2,499Member

If they sure up the end game then it will be fantastic. It's good now but still needs work.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• ValkaernValkaern OxfordPosts: 512Member

I'd signed up on a whim about a month ago, judging by the website and screenshots I thought it looked like low end trash so I wasn't expecting much.

After a few weeks I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with the quality, and surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. I was certainly surprised.

It's far from perfect, and sometimes the community can be pretty obnoxious (although there are clearly decent people that are less vocal willing to answer questions). But I wasn't expecting anything as well made as this, and I'm enjoying it for what it is - for now anyway. I can't imagine that it'll have too much longevity for me as it's fairly repetative without much new to experience, but a few more systems to really flesh it out would go a long way.

Anyway, it's worth a try. I was never a huge fan of the Diablo series or style of games, but this game has so far occupied me for a few weeks - which is pretty impressive considering how overly critical I am of online games.

• mazutmazut SofiaPosts: 885Member Uncommon

Very good game indeed. But I have one big concern. Might be cus its beta and I didnt read all beta info, but there are no hidden places, items, doors, traps or anything more then chests and crates. Hope this is not implemented yet, its just to "dry" without anything hidden :/

• anthonypenaanthonypena VANCOUVER, BCPosts: 131Member

Agreed game is amazing i am in beta! atm and haveing a blast so many skills to choose from its crazyness

• ZereiZerei Mogi das CruzesPosts: 22Member

you hokoed me into it... will apply for a beta key... ;)