Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lmao! Has anyone else done the Sand Demon quest? *Spoiler, or let down either one*

tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

They were talking about how it is the only thing that hunts krayt Dragons in the cutscenes and I was expecting something so epic because of that. Got the lair and it was shaking like mad and I was all nervous expecting this giant boss. Got to to the quest objective marker in the cave and was wondering where the boss was and..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjera1ytDec (not my video)

Like LMAO is that it? The same size as all the other mobs, I thought it was just a standard one. Pissed myself laughing thinking how can that thing hunt Krayt Dragons? It's about the size of one of their bones and I killed the weak thing so fast it was such a pathetic fight. 

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111129210503/swtor/images/1/1f/Krayt_Dragon_Graveyard.jpg

When you see the size of only part of the skeleton of a Krayt Dragon, you expect something more than the Sand Demon to kill the thing.

Comments

• RoyalkinRoyalkin Member UncommonPosts: 267

The epitome of designing an MMO with the philosophy of the 'Lowest Common Idiot'. It just can't be too difficult.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

They are not able to design huge epic bosses. According to EA/Bioware our client computers cannot handle it (read their game engine is crap) !

/end thread

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I actually think the lamest quest I have come across was the supposed Heroic 2+ one on tatooine where you have to throw a grenade into the mouth of a sarlac pit.

First off you don't need two or more players. You don't even have to fight anything.

Secondly, you go to the pit and activate the grenade and...

Your quest updates saying you completed it.

Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Lamest...quest...ever

Gathering pies in Hobbiton was more thrilling than this shit. >_>

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

I'm not a SWTOR player myself but I have been telling everyone that SWTOR has a heavy focus on story and really good storylines and cinematics.  I feel sorta dumb now saying that :/

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Lol.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• matraquematraque Member Posts: 1,431

Originally posted by JeroKane

They are not able to design huge epic bosses. According to EA/Bioware our client computers cannot handle it (read their game engine is crap) !

/end thread

Source?

eqnext.wikia.com

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

LOL OP, that's exactly what went through my head when I did that quest.

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• TyserieTyserie Member UncommonPosts: 155

Yeah, I did kill it too. It was easy. But I was also helping one guy who wasn't able to kill it. And I did hear, there is a option you don't ahve to kill it. But I agree with you.

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by wormywyrm

I'm not a SWTOR player myself but I have been telling everyone that SWTOR has a heavy focus on story and really good storylines and cinematics.  I feel sorta dumb now saying that :/

see what happens when you speak on things you have no knowledge of?

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Originally posted by matraque

Originally posted by JeroKane

/end thread

Source?

lame, and then you have GW2 that does this (another video)

I used to get  really annoyed by the GW2 fanbois who trolled here, then after playing SWTOR and being disappointed and then seeing what GW2 has offer compared to TOR I laughed and said, yeah they might have something there, and they don't have to pay monthly.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter