Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next PotentIAL WOW KILLER???Your opinion

Bethesda fallout mmo, elder scrolls mmo?

What do you think? Bethesda has a huge sucess track of games? And its got ahuge fanbase, and produces some of the greatest single rpg 9the elder scrolls series).

Comments

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

WoW is the pleage it will never die even when they take down the main WoW site there will still be pirates looming around with Pirated servers.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Can we get a yo mamma joke for the next WoW killer?  Have about as much chance of "killing" WoW as another game does.  The next thing to kill WoW is WoW 2.0 that has everything WoW has but new content for people to play.

• Starwars001Starwars001 Member Posts: 85

I wrote this because there is only one other company that can potentially take away wow subs,

and Bethesda is such a strong company, great track record, and produces some of the best rpg of all time.

The brand strong with this one.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Titan.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Starwars001

What do you think? Bethesda has a huge sucess track of games? And its got ahuge fanbase, and produces some of the greatest single rpg 9the elder scrolls series).

ill say the same ppl say about BW... theya re great single player developer. No mmo coming from any of them would kill WoW

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

All im saying is in this mmo market, i think Bethesda got a chance in becoming successful in an mmorpg IF thwey wanted to get in.

• clankyaspclankyasp Member Posts: 213

well SWTOR is failing, so probably GW2 or else Titan.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Blizzard is doing just fine shooting WoW in the foot themselves. No need for a WoW killer.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Honestly.... Archeage. If done right is totaly different from most mmo;s being released today. Might have a mass flood of gamers that like the older feel to mmo's signing up. I know ill be going there.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Sylvarii
    Titan.

I don't know why people think this will crush anything.

Its just a name, We know nothing about it. supposedly its being produced by company which is a shadow of what it once was.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Well i must say ive NEVER seen a solo game MADE so much influence on entire internet then SKYRIM ive enter a few mmos lately F2P and P2P.

F2P=dragona-lineage2-AoC- Ryzom and free trial WoW and all mentioned arrow in to the knee remarks or even characters names SKYRIM lol.

P2P= Darkfall even people talk about Skyrim.

I never thought this game would become so huge well we know how much Skyrim was talked about on this site and even got his own Sticky topics for while and articles by mmorpg.com. And still discussed alot even today.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Groovydutch

Well i must say ive NEVER seen a solo game MADE so much influence on entire internet then SKYRIM ive enter a few mmos lately F2P and P2P.
    F2P=dragona-lineage2-AoC- Ryzom and free trial WoW and all mentioned arrow in to the knee remarks or even characters names SKYRIM lol.
    P2P= Darkfall even people talk about Skyrim.
    I never thought this game would become so huge well we know how much Skyrim was talked about on this site and even got his own Sticky topics for while and articles by mmorpg.com. And still discussed alot even today.

I herd Doom was pretty big.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

archeage came from an unknown developer, what im saying is with the backing of such company as bethesada, i think only they can break out a successful MMORPG since the dawn of Ultima online. I did not mention such developers as starvault.

Or Xsylon. Bestheda is in a great position for an mmorpg. And come on everyone knows Bethesada name brand. IT can boost potential subscribers confidence level and hype.

Lot of good game companies started out as unknowns though. I wont dismiss the little guys, once in a great while they throw you a curve ball and knock the socks of you ;)

• teoyaomiquiteoyaomiqui Member Posts: 98

Originally posted by Mellkor

Titan.

Its just a name, We know nothing about it. supposedly its being produced by company which is a shadow of what it once was.

Yea... right, that is why people are still playing 8 year old game... because of the shadow. They don't mass produce games like EA, not like 10 games per year, but what they make is a actually the most succesful games in it's the ganre

RTS: Warcraft 1 2 3... Starcraft 1 and 2

RPG: Diablo 1, 2.

They haven't produced anything else really, like james cameron... maybe you don't like it, maybe he doesn't produce 2 films per year, but if he does something, you know it's gonna be huge...

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by Mellkor

Titan.

Yeah, it's a name but we know it's a name given to an mmo that is being made by the leading MMO dev team of the day,that's enough to give it the leading WOW killer tag.

I don't know why people think it wouldn't crush it,see i can use the same line as you.You know as much as the next person,i could be wrong and so could you.

Opinions are funny things.

A shadow of it's former self,sounds like you are talking about that other dev team that starts with 'b' and i'am not talking about Bethesda.

Time will tell though.

• Jonnas13Jonnas13 Member UncommonPosts: 93

Originally posted by Ouriel

Not this s**t again. I thought the "WoW killer" threads ended, but nope, someone gotta mention them and because of so much hatred to WoW because it's being successful wants to be "killed", while, no game has been killed(I know I generalize, but's that often the case for these so called "WoW killers" which never succeed, or, when they fail to do, calling them a fail game.)

You people should stop making threads like these. I don't know what will please you so much if WoW gets "killed".

I thought games were all about having fun instead of hating on each other, but... I guess people can't think outside the box and that people have different tastes and opinions on different things; I always hate when someone want to force you onto something or imply something you don't want to or that is not to YOUR liking.

Now, stop creating stupid threads like this that does not contribute anything to the community than hatred; we have enough hatred in the world, from religion to nationalism, racism and other things.

*Ninja edit; typo*

+1

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

sigh... why do people keep bringing up these bloody repeated threads... sooo sick of them... the only thing thats gonna kill WoW is WoW itself end of story... close the thread...

thanks, its just i have the gut feeling IF bethesada ever annouce an mmorpg. I strongly feel this is the real deal here.

I love their Games, have been playing all their elder scrolls series even fallout. 

If they want a real sandbox or real rpg, I strongly feel Bethesada have the experience and talent backings to what most mmorpg in here website wanted FOR  long long time.

agree, or disagree? I completely trust Bethesada, seriously this could be dream come true for those jaded mmorpg gamers in here.

Now, stop creating stupid threads like this that does not contribute anything to the community than hatred; we have enough hatred in the world, from religion to nationalism, racism and other things.

*Ninja edit; typo*

No such thing in the gamers world.

And personaly i like these posts and ideas. Doesnt hurt anyone and open debating is good for a person with an open mind.

Im no fan of wow nor do i dislike it. But sometimes these posts lead me to unexpected games i havent heard of or tried. So in all honesty, your post is a negative drain that causes issues. Just dont post  if you dont like the topic;)

yes i should reword my title :)

all im saying is, Even if its not an elder scrolls mmorpg. Bethesada name alone is equivalent to blizzard, bioware.

Its themeparks mmorpg versus a real sandbox developer that has proven track record over and over and over again.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Onomas

*Ninja edit; typo*

No such thing in the gamers world.

And personaly i like these posts and ideas. Doesnt hurt anyone and open debating is good for a person with an open mind.

Im no fan of wow nor do i dislike it. But sometimes these posts lead me to unexpected games i havent heard of or tried. So in all honesty, your post is a negative drain that causes isses. Just dont post ;)

thats all well and good mate, but when the same bloody topic pops up every new release or new game coming out soon and people claiming its going to be the next WoW killer, its gets old very fast, people were saying that about TOR i played the closed and open betas and look whats happening to it, garbage IMO, and i'm gonna keep an open mind for GW2 as well, I'm really looking forward to it but im not going to over hype myself on it and sayyy ITS GONNA KILL WOW, like alot of people are saying on forums, its just utter stupidity, just to list a Few that poeple where saying the next WoW killer... WAR,RIFT, the list goes on... in the end people shouldnt be posting these thread cause its been argued enough alrdy... the only thing thats gonna kill wow is blizzard and there well on the way to doing that...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

good point,

EVEN IF ITS NOT elder scroll mmorpg 

You can be sure the mmo they could or would work on is worth the following.