Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could ban one show on (British) TV what would it be?

stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I am staggered by the amount of crap tv that is broadcast on a Friday and Saturday night now...leading me to realise how much of all TV is utter tripe. I came up with the list below. I would ban them all!

If you come up with any others, please comment! :)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Sheesh that's terrible. Saturday nights are usually a wash here in the United States as well(with the exception of a new movie release on HBO), but that lineup is just depressing.

I'd vote, but I don't recognize half of those and have an equal amount of distaste for all the ones I do recognize. The only current shows from across the ocean that I watch are Merlin and Doc Martin. I'll get around to watching Sherlock and Luther soon, but anything else is off my radar.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Bump?

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Urgh, The Jeremy Kyle shoe is a fucking disgrace, can't believe people watch that horrible show.. Deal or no deal is also a joke, they spend an hour opening 22 boxes, which can be done in 5 minutes, and here's the best part, if they accept the bankers offer, they pointlessly finish off the game anyway just to see if they made a right choice...Noel it's a game of chance, not skill you idiot. But here's the best one, they sometimes get an offer to SWAP two boxes, I have absolutely no idea wtf is the point of that...

If you guys are interested in watching a decent british sitcom, check this one out, start watching it from series 2, the first one wasn't really that good

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/peep-show/4od

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

And theres still more:

Geordie Shore

Desperate Scousewives

Made in Chelsea

Im a Celebrity get me out of here

What has become of British TV. It used to be the best in the world. 

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I can't comment on this post because I dont live there, but it brought back an old memory.

The Benny Hill Show

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

Of the shows I do recognize, I'd ban every single one, but X-factor would likely go first.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

You shouldn't have added the all of them option, but anyway I went for Loose Women.

?

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

yeah we get X-Factor in the U.S too, might be a different show but im sure its the same premise.

Simon Cowell is such a blatant example of how British people are stereotyped in the states.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

The only thing I recognize is Jeremy Kyle, but only because I know that's your version of Jerry Springer.

...and honestly, how do you expect to evolve as a society if there isn't a clear indication of what *not* to be? This is why Jerry was fundamental for the people of my country, as well as Cops (the show). Now "we know better", well, most of us (or there still wouldn't be a show).

What's terrible is shit like the Jersey Shore, where they encourage these kinds of idiot lifestyles, instead of treating them like a circus attraction. Also 16 and Pregnant, and any other MTV show besides Beavis and Butthead that is engineered to ruin all humanity, one teenager at a time.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

I don't live in the UK, but I think a worldwide Big Brother ban is something many people would welcome, lol.