Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that the honeymoon is over. (POLL INSIDE)

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Now that the honeymoon is over, where do you honestly rate SW:TOR?  Use the scale below and read them carefully, then cast your vote.  Be as honest as you can please.

10) means the game is perfect.  Cannot be improved.

9) means the game is almost perfect.  Just needs polished.

8) means the game is on the verge of perfect.  Could use some tweaks to existing game mechanics, and polish.

7) means the game needs a feature here or there added, some tweaks to existing game mechanics, and polish.

6) means the game needs a few features added, some tweaks to existing game mechanics, and polish.

5) means the game needs some areas reworked, some features added, some tweaks to exisitng game mechanics, and polish.

4) means the game needs serious reworking, some features added, some tweaks to existing game mechanics, and polish.

3) means the game needs an overhaul, some serious reworking, some features added, some tweaks to existing game mechanics and polish.

2) means the game needs to just be completely redone.

1) Game cannot be salvaged.  Bag it and tag it.

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Wahoo!  4 people... almost a perfect bell curve!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Still a 7 to me, on just about any scale I've seen including this one. I do take issue with the way the poll was formatted. 7 and 6 are bascally the same thing. 8-10 are feats hardly any game ever achieves, making them moot and pretty much inapplicable to vote for. Nothing is ever near perfect, even 10's have flaws here and there as well as more desirable functions.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by Distopia

Still a 7 to me, on just about any scale I've seen including this one. I do take issue with the way the poll was formatted. 7 and 6 are bascally the same thing. 8-10 are feats hardly any game ever achieves, making them moot and pretty much inapplicable to vote for. Nothing is ever near perfect, even 10's have flaws here and there as well as more desirable functions.

That is why I requested that people read them carefully before voting.    You're right, no game may ever achieve a 10.  Maybe a 9 if we're ever so lucky in our life time.  8 is doable.  

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

perfection does not exsist!  I gave it a 8 simply for the fun that I am having in game and that's all that matters to me.

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

If someone asked me plainly what rating I would give SWTOR out of 10, I'd most likely score it somewhere between a 6 and 6.5. However, after reading through all of your descriptions for each score, I simply cannot justify anything higher than a 4. Considering how much moula was pumped into this title, it's pretty pathetic how much attention it's going to need to achieve anything remotely close to what I would deem as acceptable. Sad stuff, in a sad genre.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• CarokannCarokann Member Posts: 9

I already posted my review in the appropiate sub forum.   Guess i will give a TLDR version with this poll ( only because i hope to see teh game evolve.)

What made this game even worth trying fo me was teh alignemtn and companion system.  Currently those systems in th game are stale.  The game could increase its own niche among the wow clone mechanics by further developing these systems.

( weird firefox doesnt auto point out my failed spelling errors on these forums,  i have become utterly dependant on that function)

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

I gave it a 4 as well based on the desriptions. I think your poll pushes it down a little.

If I were to score it 1 to 10 based on a blind review, I would give it a 6.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

could we have 2 polls one for the RPG part (8), one for the MMO part (4)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Teala

Originally posted by Distopia

That is why I requested that people read them carefully before voting.    You're right, no game may ever achieve a 10.  Maybe a 9 if we're ever so lucky in our life time.  8 is doable.  

My point was your 8 is a typical 10 :P. with a normal 8-9 not being present at all.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    I originally rated it a 6,but with their latest update that just happened to be packed with c-4 explosives,I knocked it down to a 5
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Game is missing alot of key features common to MMORPG's and I am shocked they are not in the release.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Your 'instructions' as to what the scores mean is a common tactic in Push Polling, by the way.

But you knew that.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Slapped it with a 6, based on the descriptions.  Not sure how there are so many 1s up there...I mean, I unsubbed due to the fun factor wearing off, but geez, a 1?  Harsh.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Exactly what Icewhite said. This poll is very screwed up. Push polling at it's finest.

I mean can you really say that a game that needs some minor tweaks and a bit of polish is a six? While that may be a "6" game to you, it is higher to most people.

The proper way to do this would be to lay out the extremes, 10 and 1, by saying perfect or garbage and let the responders rate the game on that scale based on how they value different aspects o the game.

That being said, it's still a 7 to me, even on this biased scale.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Slapped it with a 6, based on the descriptions.  Not sure how there are so many 1s up there...I mean, I unsubbed due to the fun factor wearing off, but geez, a 1?  Harsh.

Giving it a 1 is a bit harsh.  I can see voting a 2 if you think the game needs to be remade into a different format - but a 1, some may feel the IP itself doesn't make for a good game setting.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

In my review here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4561412#4561412 ( or "Opinion Piece" :p ) I gave the game 6.5 so I'm going to stick with that.  I still believe that's fair.

What you should understand is that I personally dislike many of the design decisions BioWare has made - I don't believe many of their decisions were the best for both the company and the IP but that's just from the outside.

For what SWTOR turned out to be, it's a pretty top notch game... for me, it's a top notch completely medicore game.

It's not for me, that's for sure.  That being said, plenty of people seem to love what they've chosen to do.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

Was a 7 until 2 days ago. The Ilum/1.1 fiasco dropped it to a 5.

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

Im still currently playing the game. But I couldn't give it anymore then a 4, almost a 3.

I dont hate the game, I think it has some great potential. That being said, the game has some pretty huge issues. Its seriously in need of optimization. There are people out there that destroy the minimum reqs. for the game that can't pull more then 15 FPS in Huttball because the way characters are rendered. Illum... doesnt need anymore bad press. Dev's themselves have no idea what there doing. Resolve bar was the worst idea in history for CC immunity.

I just hope it can keep my attention until ArcheAge comes out.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Teala

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Giving it a 1 is a bit harsh.  I can see voting a 2 if you think the game needs to be remade into a different format - but a 1, some may feel the IP itself doesn't make for a good game setting.

It's no surprise that I voted a 1. I've been around the MMO market for a VERY long time, and it's no secret that I feel the StarWars IP was simply "milked" for money yet AGAIN by Lucas Arts by giving the IP to a company that has NEVER done an MMORPG before like Bioware. I even heard that Lucas Arts suggested to BOTH EA & Bioware that EA obtains Bioware for the sake of more money for SWTOR's developement.

I'm quite simply tired of the themepark model being the only thing AAA companies are willing to develope simply because Indie companies, whom are HIGHLY underfunded, keep failing in the sandbox region. Seriously, SOE, try to ACTUALLY make a real sandbox title for once. AVOID the WoW-Model like the plague, and actually CARE about your product for once. Same goes for you BLIZZARD. Letting Diablo 3 get so out of hands that you're willing to destroy your own AAA franchise title for more money. Foreshame :(!

I voted a 1 because SWTOR itself is a horrible game simply because the StarWars universe is NOT one that can be done in a themepark style EVER. SOE learned that the WORST WAY POSSIBLE with the NGE. Bioware will learn the same lesson by this same time next year.

Heck Teala, I've even started to get PMs about people who remember my previous rants about how SWTOR will be exactly like RIFT. Flop, and then continue to try and call itself "Unique". I think it has something to do with that whole subscription debacle BW had though :P!

-Faded

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

It is a harsh poll, even by my standards.  I'd normally say TOR is a 6, but by those descriptions, I rate it a solid 3.

I wonder if its a bit too complicated too, though.  So much emphasis on how much tweaking, overhauling, or polish it needs - why not just, how fun is it?

• lots of fun

• kinda fun

• ok, but meh

• tedious

• painful

Then maybe, fun for how long?

• indefinitely

• long time

• a while

• at first

• never

Then just add the two, for a 2-10 scale, with 1 being reserved for if it killed your ability to have fun by giving you an aneurysm.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

I voted a 1 because SWTOR itself is a horrible game simply because the StarWars universe is NOT one that can be done in a themepark style EVER. SOE learned that the WORST WAY POSSIBLE with the NGE. Bioware will learn the same lesson by this same time next year.

-Faded

I stick to my argument for the Star Wars IP to be successfully represented in an mmo, the developers should approach it from a hybrid sandbox/themepark design.  Not one, not the other, but a successful marriage of the two.

It is possible - anyone who says it isn't is simply experiencing a failure of imagination and creativity.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

4, though I'd rather this crap torn down and they actually tried something original rather then copy and paste  generic MMO format. If they tried to be creative, this game could of been vastly better.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

My rating is 7.8 but the questions in mind i vote a 7.
    The game is good for what it is and if it does not fit any of a players tastes its a "no buy" instead of a bad rating.

I dont care much about PvP in mmorpgs as the whole gear and level progression and also the equality of factions simply do not allow a balanced or challenging gameplay.
    I prefer sport games for pvping as they have strict rules and no faction/prgoression imbalance!
    But i have stopped playing them after so many years as anything goes old at times.

As there will never be a Daoc 2 soon, or a SciFi game that catches the exploration, mystery of space, ancient civilizations, generationship aspect of SciFi (read: Eve is not what i want to play bcs it lacks all of that) i hope Mechwarrior Online will deliver a serious PvP experience.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

Voted a 1 since negatives weren't an option, although on a scale of 1-10 TOR should be about a negative 5.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I didn't use your scale.  I gave it an 8 but your scale definitions would skew it lower.

For leveling experience I'll give it a 10.

For endgame I'll give it a 7.