Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR launched, what's the next big thing we waiting for now?

1235»

Comments

• votingmanvotingman Member Posts: 2

You can say what you want about Funcom's terrible job launching AO and AoC... This time Ragnar Törnquist is the man behind the wheel. Can't see Funcom gamble with another launch of the same calibre as the previous mentioned. This time Funcom will rule The Secret World!

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

I'm really surprised that Arche Age only at 11%.. You'd think that after all the people keep complaining about Themepark WoW clones Arche Age would be the game peole are looking forward to most not another themepark like GW2...

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

SWTOR is the MMO for be but if it didn't exsist or I get bored of it and want to try somethign else then GW2.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

• aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171

I say GW2 for the sole reason that its one of the only MMORPG companies i still have trust in. The way they handled GW was amasing unlike any other game company. They are masterfull when it comes to balance and are quick and agile hotfixing stuff!

Arenanet are the masters of the MMORPG craft and hopefully they still have that old spark!

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by Kopogero

ArcheAge, Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 (do you count this as MMORPG thu...) seem to be the most hyped atm, but that might be due to information we know and being very close to launch date.

Beside those 3 we also got the Secret World coming from Funcom, World of Darkness from CCP, PlanetSide 2 from SOE, Firefall, Wildstar, TERA, Blade & Soul and more....

So to sum it up:

Guild Wars 2         The Secret World            TERA                Blade & Soul

Arche Age              World of Darkness          Firefall             And more...

Diablo 3                 Planet Side 2                    Wildstar

The only thing I really like about all these upcoming MMORPG is they are trying to be finally more innovative and different than the WOW/SWTOR formula. It's really hard to predict if one of these games will be the next big thing, but that's at least the purpose of this thread.

So if you want to add up anything you know about any of these MMORPG's like important update, interesting formula/feature/endgame mechanic, beta/release info and more post it here.

I will save my vote for now, but I really look forward to a sandbox MMORPG like Arche Age, but there are other MMORPG's here with lots of sandbox features as well.

None of the above.  Still playing SWTOR.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Guild Wars 2 and maybe Firefall.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

Age of wushu...i just hope they focus heavily on PVP. Everyone these days are keeping their eyes peeled on pvp options....

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Hello Kitty Extreme. It's Hello Kitty but with PVP and death penalties.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

All I know is that I really gave up on letting myself become hyped for themepark releases after SWTOR. Had a great first month but too many restrictions and premade content somehow simply can't interest me longer than a few weeks anymore. Of all mmorpg's I ever played I still rate EVE the highest which is quite telling to me personally.

Voted AA.

p.s. I should have listened to what Tardcore said. All of it.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Since everyone is picking GW2, and I only travel within the herd, I'm saying GW2 as well.

/endtroll

Actually I'm looking forward to TERA

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by DarkPony

All I know is that I really gave up on letting myself become hyped for themepark releases after SWTOR. Had a great first month but too many restrictions and premade content somehow simply can't interest me longer than a few weeks anymore. Of all mmorpg's I ever played I still rate EVE the highest which is quite telling to me personally.

Voted AA.

p.s. I should have listened to what Tardcore said. All of it.

/HOLDBREATH!

PONY! Would you dare to step into the dark side of irrational generalization just by one themepark release that didn't satisfy you as much as you would have wanted!?

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Definitely Guild Wars 2, I enjoyed GW1 briefly before, I'll enjoy GW2 much more with WvWvW PvP.

After GW2, I'm personally waiting to hear more about EQ Next.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• VikingLegionVikingLegion Member Posts: 30

amazed at the lack of hype for planetside 2... 

this game will put all others to shame and set the re-set the bar.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

I pick diablo but I probably get a copy of guildwar too.  It's B2P, pay once and never again.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

The Repopulation is at the top of my hype list. The Secret World is on deck though and I'm really looking forward to that one as well.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.