Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Changing Systems to Get It Right

13»

Comments

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

is the price of the game dropping now that you taken out these features??

or is it pay the full price and get less options :)

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

They removed the remote salvaging/selling feature?!

What the hell, that was a great feature!

Who the hell thought it would be fun to stop in the middle of a dungeon, use your stone of recall, sell your stuff then go back to the dungeon?

I would have rather been able to keep exploring the dungeon instead of having to worry when I need to teleport back to town because my bags are getting full.

Have they gone completely retarded over at Blizzard?!

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Well the game has been confirmed to be coming out for consoles, so expect blizzard to dumb it down immesly due to the console crowd, it always happens, look at dungeon siege 2, then look at how dumbed down and gutted dungeon siege 3 was? all because it was on consoles too. I had hopes for d3 since it was going to be pc only, but now that consoles were mentioned getting d3, my hopes for the game being any good have gone down the shitter.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• RobgmurRobgmur Member Posts: 322

I wish I had ID scrolls at college parties

*Corsair Obsidian Series 650D *i5-2500K OC'd ~ 4.5
    *Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 mother board
    * Radeon HD 7970
    *8GB (4GBx2) 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
    *240GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III SSD

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by Robgmur

I wish I had ID scrolls at college parties

lol

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Originally posted by Kreedz

They removed the remote salvaging/selling feature?!

What the hell, that was a great feature!

Who the hell thought it would be fun to stop in the middle of a dungeon, use your stone of recall, sell your stuff then go back to the dungeon?

I would have rather been able to keep exploring the dungeon instead of having to worry when I need to teleport back to town because my bags are getting full.

Have they gone completely retarded over at Blizzard?!

This. Remote salvaging was an exciting feature, something unique to D3 as opposed to D2, and removing it is a big mistake.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , the only thing I'll remember Diablo 3 for is how great Diablo 1 & 2 were.

Torchlight 2 anyone? :P

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Originally posted by SBFord

• Identification Scrolls: Now axed from the game.

• Inclusion of a dedicated potion button.

• Mystic Artisan removed

• Nephalem Cube and Cauldron of Jordan removed. Originally thought to be a good move to sell/salvage items in remote locations, the need has been removed with the inclusion of the Stone of Recall.

• Blacksmith Artisan will take over salvaging duties.

• Common (white) items will no longer be salvageable.

I have posted this before but here, but there are two major reasons that the business suits who run Blizzard have delayed Diabalo III. Firstly, negative feedback from beta testing got them spooked last year. Secondly, they are making a console version of the game, and it would just be crazy for them to market and advertise the same game on two PC and console platforms separately when they could delay the PC launch by a year and then just roll it out when the PS3 and Xbox360 versions are good to go.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by SuprGamerX

Heh , the only thing I'll remember Diablo 3 for is how great Diablo 1 & 2 were.

Torchlight 2 anyone? :P

I thought T1 was pretty crappy myself so why should I get the sequel?

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Originally posted by Shakesphere

Originally posted by psyknx

Identification Scrolls: Now axed from the game.

Best feature from Diablo 2...................... Why would you remove it.

If you were to make out a list of the best feature from Diablo 2, I'm afraid identifications scrolls would be far down the list, if they would even make it.

Having to identify something was a pointless system.  All it dead was force you to carry ident scrolls, and town portal back to town when you ran out.  This type of feature breaks up the action of the game, and hence pointless.  Unless you feel it's good to cause a player to stop midway through a area?

-Shakesphere

Not to mention that once you completed the Search for Cain quest (Act 1), all items are automatically identified for the rest of the game anyway.  The identify feature was a temporary, early game hindrance meant to give players an additional small progression goal to strive for: the removal of this hindrance.  It essentially frees up some inventory space and saves some travel time--not all that dissimilar to progression in the form of expanded inventory or small transportation boosts, like acquiring an airship pass in an MMO or the bicycle in pokemon.

That quest was just another thing to go after and feel good about once you completed it, which, honestly, I'm not opposed to at all.  I think good RPGs need a variety of progression avenues in addition to the standard level ups, gear and skill upgrades.

But the exclusion of this feature is nowhere near a deal breaker.   To claim so does nothing other than identify yourself as someone who is simply actively seeking reasons to bash the game.  

• zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53

Well if its just removing the identifying items system then its fine, but if they are going to make something like buy some cash shop item to unlock unidentified items then i will just lmfao... Happen to have this bad incident on another game. and i saw from somewhere that D3 has cash shop??? wth

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

They are going to homogenize this thing into the ground....

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by TheHavok

Originally posted by Cameo3

Originally posted by snapfusion

Originally posted by Cameo3

With so many items loaded on the AH already, I'm quite sure we'll be able to get the best items in game for a few dollars. I for one, will be happy for the AH. I would never spend more then $4 or MAYBE $5 for any item in game...but wouldn't mind putting down $4 for the best weapon in game for example.

And so it begins, careful my friend its a slippery slippery slope.

If you mean that I'd pay more then $4 or $5 then no...I simply wouldn't allow it. It's a friggen virtual item. I'd much less quit playing the game then anything. It's already a "free" game (meaning not month to month, one time fee) and since it has near zero MMORPG qualities, I would never confuse it with an MMORPG (as a reason to keep spending cash on it.)

I've seen F2P players spend over a $1000 dollars routinely every month.  I've also seen a rare few that have dropped over $10,000 in a single month when the promotions and sales were good enough.   It makes me giggle.  Tee Hee

Sounds like you play Galaxy Online II as well? LOL. Spending money like that is crazy, isn't it?