Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Cancellation Reason - and SWTOR's Response

1235»

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

Just let threads like this die, and fade into obscurity forever.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by cscurlock

They are having a massive amount of problems with this game.

They are trying but I think it might already be too late.  People are already asking for server merges.  This might have been resolved somewhat with #7

Seriously?

Under 2 months live, and the Population is crashing so hard that the Server Merge Cries have started?

Even SWG and EQ and MxO and Vanguard didn't crash that hard in the first quarter.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• LotusTrekkerLotusTrekker Member Posts: 1

I just had to post here once I saw this thread. Do you realize that this MMO came out only a month or two before colleges started the Spring semester? And that a large amount of people who play this game (TOR) are college students? I don't know if this is the main reason or not, but my reason for playing for a month and a half and then "quitting" wasn't because of bugs or server issues. It was because I started school again and didn't have the time or the energy to play TOR. You can bet that as soon as this semester is over I'll be back playing one of my multiple chars (I've changed servers so many times - not because of me, because of the people I play with - that I don't really have a main yet). Unless of course my summer vacation totally ruins that, but you can bet that I'll be carting my laptop around with me if at all possible.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Once again, these threads accomplish nothing.  Swtor is racking in $$$$$ for bioware, and they are laughing at these threads.  Either play the game or dont, no need to start a troll/rage thread about it.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

The game isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but as evidenced by the upcoming 1.2 update, they are working hard to improve the game and your biggest beef (ddly enough) seems to be the lack of hi-res graphics which 1.2 will fix. PvP will take some time and work for them to fix but I have no doubt most of your other complaints will be fleshed within the next month or two. Personally, I think the game looks good as is but welcome the graphical upgrade in April/May. I hope you come back after the update becsuse I think a lot of your problems will be addressed.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Originally posted by hipiap

Originally posted by TUX426

Huh...

Know what I did when I quit lotro? I moved on.

Know what I did when I quit STO? I moved on.

Maybe you should too.

Hows that going with SWG CU and Pre-CU ?

For those having Issues with TOR cancelation.....

Regulation D chargeback for your Original Purchase...........reason: Services not provided as advertised.

Only do the Chargeback IF you are never going to want access to that account ever again...because it will be Suspended  by CS once the chargeback goes through.

Huh wha?  You can get a refund of the game?  Even if you already cancled back in Jan?

• GeeTeeEffOhGeeTeeEffOh Member Posts: 731

Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    I don't understand it. These asses run these games like it's still 2001

Slick move...
    Subtle shout out!

+1

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by sonoggi

TOR is failing a little too early. people are unsubbing en masse.

Eh, I think this is a tad overdramatic

However, having said that, there is definitely going to be a drop in subs and there are certainly some things i can fully understand and sympathize with people on.

This game is decent but needs a lot of work in areas.

...and I have no clue what they're going to do about the faction imbalance on some servers. It is like almost playing two different games pending on which faction you decide to play. One being a single player experience while the other actually has a community to chat and group with.

Dude if Im quiting after a month then yep the game is fail.  And Im a hard core MMO fan .

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Grailer

However, having said that, there is definitely going to be a drop in subs and there are certainly some things i can fully understand and sympathize with people on.

...and I have no clue what they're going to do about the faction imbalance on some servers. It is like almost playing two different games pending on which faction you decide to play. One being a single player experience while the other actually has a community to chat and group with.

Dude if Im quiting after a month then yep the game is fail.  And Im a hard core MMO fan .

Actually it just means that you do not like it.  Nothing more.  Just like when I quit Eve after few weeks and felt it was the most boring game ever created, it did not mean the game was a failure.  A game is only a failure when it is finally shut down OR is no longer making money and even then, it is only a failure after so much time has elapsed.  Before being a failure though, it was a success IF it paid for itself AND kept some people employed since that means that there were people playing and enjoying it.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Originally posted by GMan3

Actually it just means that you do not like it.  Nothing more.  Just like when I quit Eve after few weeks and felt it was the most boring game ever created, it did not mean the game was a failure.  A game is only a failure when it is finally shut down OR is no longer making money and even then, it is only a failure after so much time has elapsed.  Before being a failure though, it was a success IF it paid for itself AND kept some people employed since that means that there were people playing and enjoying it.

If an individual wants to quit then it is not failure, but what makes SWTOR a failure is that too many people are not wanting to play it, even within the first free 30 days and paid for the game, and now leaving most servers dead. At this early stage of the games release, especially an MMO where it is meant to be played and subbed to for yaers,  it should not be happening.

In comparison, SWTOR is as dead  as SWG was last year, SWG had 13 servers and SWTOR has about 200 servers? The ratio of full/dead servers between SWTOR and SWG last year is about the same now, but SWG had way more populated servers in 2003-2005

SWTOR is a failure as a P2P MMO. As a single player game with online multiplayer content with DLC every other month. it would have been quite successful.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by baritone3k

HERE IS THE RESPONSE -

SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon!

Leider ist die Star Wars: The Old Republic-Website momentan nicht erreichbar. Versuchen Sie es später erneut.

Nous sommes désolés, mais le site web Star Wars: The Old Republic n'est pas disponible actuellement. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement.

At least they had the decency to tell me in 3 languages.

hilarious.

my wife and i are cancelling, too. mainly because we haven't logged in in about two weeks, so i guess that's pretty much wrapped that one up. didn't mind the stories, but we're pvp'ers so...

meh.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Gotta love it.  All the guys who normally attack "I Quit Posts" for any other game, are now so sympathetic and empathetic towards the OP, solely because it gives them a chance to knock at TOR.  The hypocrisy is knee deep on these forums.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

The OP had a solid post and I definately feel where he is coming from. Those were many of my issues when I canceled my subscription back in early February.

My only suggestion is double check back a week or two later or on the next billing cycle actually to make sure that they have ACTUALLY cancled out your account. I'm not talking about right now OP with the site being down, but after you've completed the ticket out.

I myself canceled my subsciption with about 15 days left on the account. I logged in perhaps one more time during the countdown. I left the game completely before my time was up. I came back a week or so later to find that my account was still active. I reviewed my banking statement and BAM they had charged me.

Had to call Customer Service to get it resolved and get my refund. You might just want to call Customer Service to cancel your subsciption. Cover your bases, don't let them get you like they got me...

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• cutthecrapcutthecrap Member Posts: 600

? Thread is from Jan 19th. Wow, this one has been alive a long time, hail the OP for creating such a lively thread image

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

I get that many of you who enjoy SWTOR are sick of the I quit threads, but hey the guy is unhappy with game and he explained why which is a legit post.  Let him say his peace and move on.  The reason these threads continue to stay relevant is "the defenders" keep replying to them. 

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by superniceguy

Originally posted by GMan3

If an individual wants to quit then it is not failure, but what makes SWTOR a failure is that too many people are not wanting to play it, even within the first free 30 days and paid for the game, and now leaving most servers dead. At this early stage of the games release, especially an MMO where it is meant to be played and subbed to for yaers,  it should not be happening.

In comparison, SWTOR is as dead  as SWG was last year, SWG had 13 servers and SWTOR has about 200 servers? The ratio of full/dead servers between SWTOR and SWG last year is about the same now, but SWG had way more populated servers in 2003-2005

SWTOR is a failure as a P2P MMO. As a single player game with online multiplayer content with DLC every other month. it would have been quite successful.

The strange thing is , I played EQ1 for 2 years +      and DAOC for about 2 years .  SWG for about a year.   This game I quit after a month .

So where did they go horribly wrong?  I guess the problem lies not with the game but the players . We cant be sucked in like we used to in games with the carrot on end of stick method. 

To make a successful game now they need to actually make a game with substance .

The leveling grind is a bit old  , time to go back to ultima online style which used skills .

themepark games dont really provide open ended game which can be played for years unless they add huge amounts of content which usually only gets played a few times .

Whereas sandboxes the content gets used alot more .

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Hrica

I like the game......have fun in Wow, they are adding Panda's soon which ..will be fun to pvp with!!

lol.   You know what, I bet they will.   Far more fun to PvP with (blue human, human with weird head, red human with tendrils, blind human or green human or anyother human they call something not a human but is a human) than anything SWTOR has to offer, that's for sure...

So, crap on WoW all you want...   Make fun of the Pandas...    They'll be better than anything BioWare can do...

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Gotta love it.  All the guys who normally attack "I Quit Posts" for any other game, are now so sympathetic and empathetic towards the OP, solely because it gives them a chance to knock at TOR.  The hypocrisy is knee deep on these forums.

I notice that as well. This forum is really just a haters paradise for people that love to be miserable.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Originally posted by ktanner3

I notice that as well. This forum is really just a haters paradise for people that love to be miserable.

Well, to the OPs defense, he did list positives...It really wasn't a ..."Because TOR sucks!"

People will jump on anything, but it usually, it is when someone just says something and doesn't explain it, or back it up, with their reasons..."TOR is toilet paper", offers no value, thought out reasons and more than one sentence usually are not too trollish.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

actually, i think you'll find it's not the "i quit" part that i'm finding amusing, but the response from tor, because no matter how much you like the game, you have to admit that's a common message. i know i'm sick of reading it. so, it's called funny.

you can look that up if you like.

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

When I beta tested TOR last summer, I said and predicted the exact same thing on all sorts of forums.. I even went as far as to plead with Bioware to add more mmo features/content, etc.. Fanbois bashed, flamed, and tried ripping me a new one just for saying these things.. But little did they know I wasn't trying to hate on the game, I was trying to help.. Many people like me also spoke with their hearts and stated their frustrations with the game, and gave advice as to what Bioware needs to do to help make TOR more successful as a "MMORPG"  We all stated the game was pretty epic as a single player RPG, but it absolutely sucked as a MMORPG..  We did what we could to no avail, because 3 months later, Bioware still didn't listen to the real fans...

All of the deluded and blinded fanbois defending the game, and lashing out at ANYONE who said one negative word in their eyes must really understand how stupid and ridiculous those words look.,, now... I'm sure most of them have quit as well by now..

The funny thing is, I'm actually looking forward to buying the game soon just to play to 50 with a couple classes for the story alone.. At least I know exactly what TOR is and isn't.. I'll be able to enjoy the game as a KOTOR3 single player RPG with MMO elements sprinkled on top.

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)

• MatchuMatchu Member UncommonPosts: 24

I cancelled for similar reasons to those mentioned here... For me it is more a single player game than a true MMORPG.

I really wanted to love this game, but have been seriously disappointed by it.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by oakthornn

When I beta tested TOR last summer, I said and predicted the exact same thing on all sorts of forums.. I even went as far as to plead with Bioware to add more mmo features/content, etc.. Fanbois bashed, flamed, and tried ripping me a new one just for saying these things.. But little did they know I wasn't trying to hate on the game, I was trying to help.. Many people like me also spoke with their hearts and stated their frustrations with the game, and gave advice as to what Bioware needs to do to help make TOR more successful as a "MMORPG"  We all stated the game was pretty epic as a single player RPG, but it absolutely sucked as a MMORPG..  We did what we could to no avail, because 3 months later, Bioware still didn't listen to the real fans...

All of the deluded and blinded fanbois defending the game, and lashing out at ANYONE who said one negative word in their eyes must really understand how stupid and ridiculous those words look.,, now... I'm sure most of them have quit as well by now..

The funny thing is, I'm actually looking forward to buying the game soon just to play to 50 with a couple classes for the story alone.. At least I know exactly what TOR is and isn't.. I'll be able to enjoy the game as a KOTOR3 single player RPG with MMO elements sprinkled on top.

I am a swtor and bioware supporter (fanboy sounds so young) and I fully support your trying to help swtor become a better mmo. "there is no one more blind than he who wont see", Just because someone is a fan of the game does not mean he should not look upon something with an uncritical eye. For example I love swtor but the Space mini game needs to be fleshed out and made as good as the ground game (its funny STO was just the oppisite) , I dont enjoy thePvP and hutt ball is silly and unplayable, So I can criticize those 2 things, why do I love SWTOR so much , cause of the Story, Plot, voice overs, cut scenes, great sound, companions and companions who gather, the combat and social points. These alone make SWTOR a great game and mmorpg, if they did away with their current PvP and just had servers for open world PvP, and fleshed out the space game it would be the greatest mmo of all time

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

I was honestly expecing the response to be v1.2 as it seems to be the answer to most questions/issues. ;-P Though to be fair issue number one on your list is addressed in v1.2, as for two and three we will just have to see.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

LOL .. thank GOD i cancelled early.

The game wasn't bad but just a chore to look at and the scenes are life-less. I am more excited to see the new weapons (i mean the design) in the WOW 4.3 dungeons .. and that is a 7 yr old game and i have seen MANY of the weapons, than everything else in TOR.

I really want to like it. The stories are great .. but the game just does not click with me.

I wanted to like it also...I played every minute of BETA I was able to get in. And I went in with as open a mind as I could despite being a 2004 SW:G Vet that was there when the lights went out.

But We warned the Developers in BETA about the things that were not right...and needed fixing and the things that needed adding if they actually wanted to perpetuate a MMORPG and not a Single Player game with limited group activities.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G