Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Cancellation Reason - and SWTOR's Response

Comments

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Zefire

Mate move ahead the game does not deserves anthing right now.It definatly does not deserves the monthly fee.

Find to play smth else eg skyrim and wait for gw 2 or diablo 3.

Seriously no need to loose our temper for their fails.

If people start making decision on basis of what other people tell them there won't be asingle MMO left to play. I am pretty sure people are smart ennough to decide for themselves if a game deserves their money and time. I think WOW deserves nothing in its current state but i am sure you won't stop playing it because i said so.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

really???  REALLY?    These energy-drink gamers man..  the game's out for ONE MONTH and you have almost 2 capped characters and you're mad at the game for that?     There is more to do in the "open world" of this game than I've seen since FFXI.   I love the pvp.    I'm not even capped yet but in my 40's and I got their semi-casually.   I might get 1-2 days a week to play "hardcore" for hours on end, and still I can't fathom why I would be rushing up to 50 in the first month and expect the game to feel "fun" after that.       really, stay off youtube.  play the game.  explore. adventure.  accessorize. make some friends.  stop thinking you're going to be "the first badass on the server" and you might enjoy the great MMORPG you have in front of you.

I was skeptical of SWTOR before it came out and ended up turning my opinion around completely as the game is very enjoyable.  

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by gimmesome

really???  REALLY?    These energy-drink gamers man..  the game's out for ONE MONTH and you have almost 2 capped characters and you're mad at the game for that?     There is more to do in the "open world" of this game than I've seen since FFXI.   I love the pvp.    I'm not even capped yet but in my 40's and I got their semi-casually.   I might get 1-2 days a week to play "hardcore" for hours on end, and still I can't fathom why I would be rushing up to 50 in the first month and expect the game to feel "fun" after that.       really, stay off youtube.  play the game.  explore. adventure.  accessorize. make some friends.  stop thinking you're going to be "the first badass on the server" and you might enjoy the great MMORPG you have in front of you.

I was skeptical of SWTOR before it came out and ended up turning my opinion around completely as the game is very enjoyable.  

I'm like you, and as much as the diehard SWG fanatics want to say otherwise. The majority feel the way me and you do.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

The Customer service is the worst...

Account One to which I had my Pre Order code on I can never access again purely because I put the name on it as rigjpgpogrf any old letters which clearly aren't a proper name. They kept telling me they cannot fix my login problems to that account until I get the person with that name lol. I mean who puts their real name on every account? Just reset the password the to email holder, my name is on the damn email, I even tried sending them my Id as proof.

So I made account two and my Security Key that you get in the CE stopped working. So I tried to get them to reset my security key but all I get is I need to phone them, however when I phone them it costs me money, lots of money at their rates. I spent nearly an hour on hold to say they were forwarding it to the right deparment......... I thought customer service was? I cannot get a repsonse out of them on the phone and it costs me too much to phone. Tried to email them but they keep telling my to phone.

The Customer service is a joke and I cannot cancel my account because I cannot login.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Huh...

Know what I did when I quit lotro? I moved on.

Know what I did when I quit STO? I moved on.

Maybe you should too.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by Shivam

Mate move ahead the game does not deserves anthing right now.It definatly does not deserves the monthly fee.

If people start making decision on basis of what other people tell them there won't be asingle MMO left to play. I am pretty sure people are smart ennough to decide for themselves if a game deserves their money and time. I think WOW deserves nothing in its current state but i am sure you won't stop playing it because i said so.

actually, there always has been concensus that WoW, Rift, and EVE are solid MMO's that have stood the test of time. TOR is failing a little too early. people are unsubbing en masse.

Originally posted by sonoggi

actually, there always has been concensus that WoW, Rift, and EVE are solid MMO's that have stood the test of time. TOR is failing a little too early. people are unsubbing en masse.

EVE was less than stellar at launch and it took WOW 5 years to reach the numbers it has today. Rift have seen a moderate success and sitll has long time to go before being considered as a game 'which stood test of time'. Swtor is a young game and it is too soon to call it fail when you don't even have one solid fact to back up your assumption. 'unsubbing en masse'.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by pandrax

I'm like you, and as much as the diehard SWG fanatics want to say otherwise. The majority feel the way me and you do.

I'm sorry but:

I am not a diehard SWG fanboy.

I am not a "power gamer"; I work part time and go to college.

I did not expect a miracle game.

I did expect a polished game as they claimed it to be.

I did expect the high rez textures they have used in all of their promotional videos and screenshots claiming them ingame.

I did expect them to take all areas of the game seriously and not launch broken content without testing it.

I know quite a few people in my group and in others (some with CE's) who liked the game for what it could have been but can not accept the issues and the rather haphazard way Bioware has handled this game.

Also I was able to get to level 33 , 28, 20, and 16 on several characters in my free time; playing less than 2-3 hours a day. 2 of my friends hit level cap with full time jobs and families in the first month. This idea that somehow you have to be a "power gamer" to get through 1-50 in a month is a misnomer.

Do not speak for anyone but yourself please.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by TUX426

Huh...

Know what I did when I quit lotro? I moved on.

Know what I did when I quit STO? I moved on.

Maybe you should too.

People can't seem to grasp that concept.  

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

The game is one month old, what were you expecting? Perfection?

I like the new patch, they fixed alot of bugs and messed up a few things wich is normal.

I will sub back and been having a blast leveling up an alt with friends and raiding with my guild.

Really? You get that info off the forums? I'll bet you 8/10 or more players claiming they're "quitting" will be back this weekend :)

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976

? Eh, what? I recall Rift getting smashed pretty hard and bad in its launch month, it was pretty brutal and unfair, the amount of crap and trashtalk that got piled onto it from various sides, WoW fanbois and themepark haters among them. The sentence 'you're not in Azeroth anymore' didn't really help as well.

Also, I find it kind of premature to say that Rift 'stood the test of time' considering that it has less than 10% player retention of what it had in the launch month, and was bleeding subs pretty badly even in a period of time when it didn't have any competition of new released MMO's. LotrO did a hell of a lot better after launch. Not saying that Rift isn't a solid MMO, but then again, 'stood the test of time' while at the same time ignoring those facts and other MMO's is reaching, imho.

Originally posted by Asamighost

The game is one month old, what were you expecting? Perfection?

I like the new patch, they fixed alot of bugs and messed up a few things wich is normal.

I will sub back and been having a blast leveling up an alt with friends and raiding with my guild.

OMG!!! FANBOI! !FANBOY! BIOHACK!

I'm with ya. Geezus...last night I expected to log in and be clone camped, CTD and teabagged by Imps...didn't happen. Hell, the Rebs even won a few Warzones and everyone UNDER 50 was having a f'ing blast in them. In fact, I don't recall ever hearing so much laughter and fun from the guys I play with.

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by baritone3k

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Look, calling someone a troll is trolling, so please stop.

If you don't understand how calling someone a troll is trolling them then please think about it for a bit, and then look up trolling definitions, and realize what you are doing.

Thank you.

Well attempted, troll. Subtle to try to paint in any response to your troll as being itself a troll when you state that even calling out a troll is being a troll in your own troll.

Troll.

Calling people trolls is against the forum rules of MMOrpg.com, as you continually are violating them you probably have never read them :-(

When you call someone a troll, you are thereby trying to incite a negative responce, a flame from them if you will....

THAT IS TROLLING

Please educate yourself, thank you.

Here let me educate you.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".

-  Taken from Wikipedia.

Guess what?  You are posting off topic comments (calling people trolls) and you are trying to evoke a negative emotional reply, (also trolling) 

Please learn. 

Thank you.

Edited my posts to avoid this. Will avoid it in the future.

Interesting rule to have. Very interesting...

Someone please make a good MMO.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

TOR is failing a little too early. people are unsubbing en masse.

Eh, I think this is a tad overdramatic

However, having said that, there is definitely going to be a drop in subs and there are certainly some things i can fully understand and sympathize with people on.

This game is decent but needs a lot of work in areas.

...and I have no clue what they're going to do about the faction imbalance on some servers. It is like almost playing two different games pending on which faction you decide to play. One being a single player experience while the other actually has a community to chat and group with.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Originally posted by Axllow18

*snip*

I know quite a few people in my group and in others (some with CE's) who liked the game for what it could have been but can not accept the issues and the rather haphazard way Bioware has handled this game.

Also I was able to get to level 33 , 28, 20, and 16 on several characters in my free time; playing less than 2-3 hours a day. 2 of my friends hit level cap with full time jobs and families in the first month. This idea that somehow you have to be a "power gamer" to get through 1-50 in a month is a misnomer.

yeah... because capping 2 characters, and then leveling a 33, a 28, a 20, and a 16 in the first month of launch takes little to no time and effort?   pfff...

*spacebar, spacebar, spacebar.... c'mon, hurry up! stupid story, i wanna grind to 50!*

1)  if you really didn't enjoy the game, why did you play it so much?

2)  you burned yourself out.    

3)  I'm sure i know just as many people playing as you do, possibly more, and they range from ultra casual - ultra 'hardcore' amounts of playtime, none of them claiming there's anything so wrong with the game they would cancel over it... 

4)  try playing with a group of people and progressing with them instead of what seems like leveling every 'role' so you can be ready for the 'raid engame' and fill any slot needed ...  that mentality ruins mmos.   

5)  Social Points are worth getting, and ultimately are more fun to get than XP alone.

6)  Aside from not having 5 years of post launch development, I can see no reason why anyone who's played wow and decided it's time to move on can think SWTOR hasn't already set the next standard.

Still waiting for that link to back up your claim by the way.....

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976

I think that only the amount of player hours counts. If the total amount of played hours is more than 100-120, I'd say that someone classifies as a powergamer, or at least not as a casual MMO gamer. At least, that's what various surveys tend to use as criterium themselves, with 20 hours and less spent a week on average being a casual MMO gamer. More interesting is the amount of played hours it takes someone to reach L50, and how it was spent, by PvP, flashpoints, grouped or questing and which one the most.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

LOL .. thank GOD i cancelled early.

The game wasn't bad but just a chore to look at and the scenes are life-less. I am more excited to see the new weapons (i mean the design) in the WOW 4.3 dungeons .. and that is a 7 yr old game and i have seen MANY of the weapons, than everything else in TOR.

I really want to like it. The stories are great .. but the game just does not click with me.

• baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

Guess how I got to 50 so fast.... and how I got another to 43 so fast. I played the game. I kept hte mystery but guess what ... there isn't ENOUGH GAME to warrent a sub for me. The nuance of differences between Jedi Knight and Consular... nope. The nuance of Light vs. Dark. Nope.

The game is not pretty, compelling, or expansive enough for me right now.

Honestly. You could get 60% of what is involved in the individual stories by youtubing or just reading about them. It is drawn out content. As I said. Each class is a solid 30 hour single player rpg (IMO) stuffed with MMO grind crap to make it last longer. That ISN'T sub-worthy. And even though I could finish the Jedi Kinght this month. And do 2 more next month - that's pointless, because the content is not worth the time. ANd I am pretty liberal wiht y free time, as I spend a lot of time on the phone multi-tasking at work.

Yeah. It wasn't me consuming the content too quickly - it was the lack of content. And that is fine. But I wouldn't go back and play the last month knowing what I know now.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

*snip*

yeah... because capping 2 characters, and then leveling a 33, a 28, a 20, and a 16 in the first month of launch takes little to no time and effort?   pfff...

It really didn't, no. Should it have?

*spacebar, spacebar, spacebar.... c'mon, hurry up! stupid story, i wanna grind to 50!*

Ok so now I must have spammed spacebar to actually get anything done. Yeah, ok. Nice attempt there champ.

1)  if you really didn't enjoy the game, why did you play it so much?

I never once said I didn't enjoy the game... Just because I call out it's faults does not mean I didn't enjoy the game. I'm not sure where  you read that in my original post.

2)  you burned yourself out.    

If 2-3 hours is enough to burn people out then I guess? Ususally I play a game for a while.

3)  I'm sure i know just as many people playing as you do, possibly more, and they range from ultra casual - ultra 'hardcore' amounts of playtime, none of them claiming there's anything so wrong with the game they would cancel over it... 

Ok, you can assume that all you want. My point was that his post did not speak for everyone; which my post did not either. I don't really understand what bearing this point has on the discussion I was addressing?

4)  try playing with a group of people and progressing with them instead of what seems like leveling every 'role' so you can be ready for the 'raid engame' and fill any slot needed ...  that mentality ruins mmos.   

I did play with a group of people, and I liked playing the story with them. I am not an endgame raiding kinda guy, I prefer a good story which is why I played ToR.

5)  Social Points are worth getting, and ultimately are more fun to get than XP alone.

I agree, once again that is not one of the issues I brought up at all. I was speaking on the issues the game has, I don't need to butter up how good the game is since the game speaks for itself.

6)  Aside from not having 5 years of post launch development, I can see no reason why anyone who's played wow and decided it's time to move on can think SWTOR hasn't already set the next standard.

I don't think it has because it really doesn't do anything new except bring a story to the table. And honestly that is great but the moment to moment gameplay needs a bit more work.

I am sure given time Bioware can pull this off, and make a great game. And once that happens I will most likely return to play. I do not understand why you and others are so defensive, every game has problems and they do not get fixxed unless players point them out.

My responses in yellow.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 454

Originally posted by DarkPony

I wrote a similar piece. Just with other reasons; open worlds not playing a role at level 50, end game crafting non-existent for non-dungeon crawlers at max level, the poorly implemented world pvp, fleet stations instead of more immersive capitals and loading screens / performance issues.

Anyway, I echo your conclusions, it was a great game during leveling and I thanked them for that, but not worth my sub for the current state of end game content.

I wasn't expecting an answer though, just hoping someone, somewhere will keep tabs.

So it is true... even the fanboys are leaving now.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by pandrax

I'm sorry but:

I am not a diehard SWG fanboy.

I am not a "power gamer"; I work part time and go to college.

I did not expect a miracle game.

I did expect a polished game as they claimed it to be.

I did expect the high rez textures they have used in all of their promotional videos and screenshots claiming them ingame.

I did expect them to take all areas of the game seriously and not launch broken content without testing it.

Are you kidding me? You wrote all of that about nothing, good job.

I never said you could not make it to level 50 in a month( I have). I never said any of the things you stated.

The problem is people are too quick to judge, and too fast to react. You say the game is not polished? Thats an opinion, you tell me to speak for myself, yet you are proclaiming your opinions as facts.

Do you see something wrong here? I work full time, and have a family, I enjoy myself when I play SWTOR, as do the majority. As someone else already said, if you are going to cancel your subscription over something small such as a big/exploit that happened, then you were not going to stick around anyway.

Bioware has handled their game as best as any other developer would have, and to say differently is, again your opinion.

Let me know when you bring some facts.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Originally posted by baritone3k

Yeah. It wasn't me consuming the content too quickly - it was the lack of content. And that is fine. But I wouldn't go back and play the last month knowing what I know now.

Dude, no way in hell you didn't skip half the content. This game has a SHIT TON of content. If you disliked it so bad, why the hell do you have 2 high characters?

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

Reading through their dev posts it seems pretty clear they've been drinking the Bioware kool aid when they should in fact be eating their own dog food. A little humility would go a long way over there.