Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game do you love to hate on most?

Comments

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Well since its patch day for SWTOR all the HATERs who still play the game that they HATE are here posting all there rants and pretending to quit the game.

Lolipops !

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by Caldrin

SWTOR because it is such a massive waste of the Star Wars IP..

Cant believe people are putting AOC on here, sure it had a bad start but tis 10 times the game SWTOR is..

Really? I have tried AoC several times and, beside the cool combat and visuals, the game feels really lackluster. The UI is even worse than SW:TOR and PvP is completely borked.

Did you not download any UI's from any web pages? I think the default UI did suck but found a few very nice UI's on sites that made the UI much more tolerable. The Ui's were also the easiest by far to update. You had a program that whenever a patch came out that changes the UI files automatically detected and changed them so they would be up to day at launch of the game.

I cant actually say ive played any mmo ive hated. Well thats not 100% true. I was highly pissed off when Everquest Online Adventures came out with Frontiers and made all the characters and Armor look just plain stupid. didnt hate the game. Just hated that expansion/prequel.  Most people dont consider it an mmo tho because it was a Playstation 2 game. Still to this day the game i loved the most. Hours spend chatting in Freeport and waiting for Black Orcs to invade were awesome. More MMO's should allow for random npc's to spawn and attack towns and watch post's. So far the only ones ive played that had that were EQOA and Rift....

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Oh wait i lied again..

All Points Bulletin Reloaded..... Hate it. Went from an almost sub worthy game with a few bugs and balances issues to a pay to win piece of crap. The onlything Reloaded did was remove the only missions Criminals had a decent chance winning because a bunch of people were too cheap to buy good cars or learn to control them....

Very few games are avoid like  women with cold sores to me but APB has that distinction.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by rojo6934

OP

aren't you really trying to troll here? look at your name, and carefully read your second paragraph.... all i see is that you are trying to keep the hate for WoW burning

Actually, I played WoW for 2+ years and that's a lot of fun and entertainment to get from one game, so no, I don't hate on WoW. There is not a single hating post on WoW or any other game in my history.

I'm just interested in the trend because WoW has been the go-to hated on game for a long time. SWTOR is the first game that has seriously challenged that. That's all. And it's only been for a short time, since this is the first month of SWTOR. I think the magnitude of hating on a game is in proportion to it's impact on this community.

I just think it's interesting.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

yeah Swtor defintely took over the top-hated crown from WoW

personally I don't hate it but I hate how much hype GW 2 gets sometimes

and people that say "it's a great game but not enough people play it to be worthwhile" about any game (Vanguard comes to mind). If everyone has that attitude of course it's not going to have any players!

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

One of my favorite games of all time is castlevania symphony of the night.

2011 best games are Skyrim+saints row 3

One game i could hate most is swtor cause i wanted to be the best mmo experience and it turn out to be a single player with irc plus sub fees.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

whats all this?....Darkfall has been replaced by some newer games? intresting

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

That's a dificult one and actually not based on my own experiences more other peoples constant championing :P

Generally I have no problem with anyones particular likes or dislikes but one that does get up my nose is RIFT. I've tried it and found it very bland and uninspried but some people have a soft spot for the developers history,(DAOC fans), so defend it to death. 

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I don't "hate on" any game. There's some games I enjoy playing and some I don't. Some games interest me, and I'll follow them on the forums, and join in discussions. For instance, I know very little about Rift, never read the forums or comment on it. I follow SWTOR with interest, because I still intend to play the game, just not anywhere near launch.

I call it as I see it, both good and bad. Sometimes I'm too cynical, sometimes too much the fanboi. So sue me, I'm human :D 

But if there's an issue, it needs to be discussed. There's good and bad in every game, calling out blunders and mistakes in certain instances does not make the whole game a failure.

What I DO hate is people that say: "Well, the problem doesn't affect ME, so therefore it's not a valid problem. Stop complaining".

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Originally posted by Jabas

Im a gamer, i dont hate games, i love them.

I like some and dont care about others, thats all.

This^

Well said +1

No signature, I don't have a pen

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I don't think I actually hate any MMO as such.

I do hate the RMT shops most P2P games have added though, but I don't hate the games in themselves.

If I don't enjoy a MMO I just move to one I like

I did hate some games on C-64 and Amigas back then, but that was because the end was bugged and they didn't patch the games back then. Microsoft flight sim on C-64 (you always crashed when you tried to land) and a Amiga game called Dragonstone (or something like that it was long ago but it bugged at the endboss fight) I really hated.

Nothing more annoying then playing an entire game just to notice that you can't do the final battle because it is bugged.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I despise SWTOR the most.

There has been a clear problem in MMOs since WoW, yet SWTOR still managed, with all of its funding, to produce the most linear game known to the genre.

I can't stand their staff. Daniel Erickson? His arrogance and cocky nature makes my blood boil.

"When did Han and Chewie ever says, 'Hey, let's go dicking around in space.'"

They spit and shun the need for an optional social realm. What else is there other than SIMPLE instanced small raids, Huttball, and Warzones? The game is too easy - everything about: the classes, the typecasting, the "follow the "x" map mentality.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by precious328

I despise SWTOR the most.

There has been a clear problem in MMOs since WoW, yet SWTOR still managed, with all of its funding, to produce the most linear game known to the genre.

I can't stand their staff. Daniel Erickson? His arrogance and cocky nature makes my blood boil.

"When did Han and Chewie ever says, 'Hey, let's go dicking around in space.'"

They spit and shun the need for an optional social realm. What else is there other than SIMPLE instanced small raids, Huttball, and Warzones? The game is too easy - everything about: the classes, the typecasting, the "follow the "x" map mentality.

I know how you feel, 8-10 years ago if you would have asked me what the mmo genre would have been i would have been completly wrong.

If you would have asked me 8-10 years ago where the single player RPG games would have been. Something like SWTOR would have been my answer.

I would have thought that the single player games not all but some would have evolved to co-op online RPG's But that hasnt happened. theres obviously a market for it. But I never would have thought MMORPG's would have degraded to fill that market. all the while dragging the entire market down to that level.

White Knight Chronicles for PS3 is just as much  an MMO as SWTOR.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Hate a game? is that really possible? When I spend money on a game that was marketed as one thing and produces another thing, I get angry, but not at a game, but the company that did it.

Now I have no love for, and only wish economic pain on, Activision and EA. So maybe by osmosis the games they make will bear the brunt of my skepticism and ire. But hate a bunch of code?

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

STO would be the one. I was very dissapointed in what they did to the Star Trek franchise. So not hating STO itself as much as greedy Cryptic. I never understood people who said they would never play another SOE game, after what happened to SWG, until I saw how STO turned out. I can honestly say Cryptic will never get another nickel from me.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Loke666

I did hate some games on C-64 and Amigas back then, but that was because the end was bugged and they didn't patch the games back then. Microsoft flight sim on C-64 (you always crashed when you tried to land) and a Amiga game called Dragonstone (or something like that it was long ago but it bugged at the endboss fight) I really hated.

Nothing more annoying then playing an entire game just to notice that you can't do the final battle because it is bugged.

This reminds me of a game I hated because of the final boss fight. I think it was Turok: Evolution. It was Bruckner on that Tyranosaurus. It was so stupid. You could blast him with rockets and grenades and nothing would happen. You had to knock a stupid palm tree down on him.  Unbelievable. It was the ONLY way to kill him. Lame.

I loved the Primagen boss in Turok:2, but Evolution just ruined it for me. LOL

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Deolus

Real Life...

No rewards from PvE
    It's pay to win.
    Gold sellers are rife.
    Spam filters very hard to implement.
    Can't mine your own resources.
    Can't build your own player cities.
    PvP not allowed.

Huh?
    Speak for your self.lol (which I guess you are. Lol)

no rewards for PvE? What you think people spend all their time in a office for?

it's pay to win. Well it's also pay to play as well. Try going to a THEMEPARK without paying to have fun.

gold sellers? Learn that Gold means nothing, it's just a metal. Learn to get meaningful resources .

spam filter? Learn to turn your V chip on noob!

can't mine? Huh? Go in your backyard with digging tools. There is your mine

Can't build house? Say who? Ever heard of a tree house?

PvP not allowed? What's UFC & MMA than

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• JohnnyBravolJohnnyBravol Member Posts: 83

I love to hate on WoW. I think I can be taken seriously as I played it for a couple years and have a level 85. I can't believe I wasted so much time on it...

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

wow  - the game that ruined mmo pvp by trying to shoehorn in silly fps mechanics and making you queue for it

actually no

rift - for being a carbon copy of wow with even worse pvp  - i hope it fails, then maybe people will put money into mmos that aren't wow clones

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by Omnifish

That's a dificult one and actually not based on my own experiences more other peoples constant championing :P

Generally I have no problem with anyones particular likes or dislikes but one that does get up my nose is RIFT. I've tried it and found it very bland and uninspried but some people have a soft spot for the developers history,(DAOC fans), so defend it to death. 

RIFTS made by ex EQ people

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Lotro I think?

Though I like to hate on all CORPG's instance grinders that name themselves MMORPG's like WoW / Rift /Swtor, etc

• QuenchsterQuenchster Member Posts: 450

Right now I've got a temporary bit of "hate" for SWTOR. I stopped playing WoW for SWTOR, because I was bored with WoW and all of my friends moved over to SWTOR, but I was even more bored after hitting level 20 in SWTOR than I have ever been in WoW. I made it to level 39 on the bounty hunter before I unsubscribed.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

I'm pretty sure it comes down to two finalists . STO tops my list for just the shear cynicism and audacity in how they treated the fanbase and crap they released . Although Hellgate London may rank up there also. In terms of failure . I go with STO . Extremely short development time , basically porting Champions over to Star Trek , use of and improper game design on an old engine. ( there's nothing wrong with using an old engine , but trying to tell folks it's brand new and better , well that's just dishonest. To top it off they aggravated the problem in the basic design of the game .  ) The the topper though, they  ( Cryptic ) hired Roper to aid with Champions and then STO. Cryptic isn't a large studio , and people will claim that he didn't play that big a roll in STo dev . I beg to differ the similarities between Champions and STO run to deep .

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

I chose other because I love to hate the unholy Trinity that deserves hate.

1. Dark & Light
    2. Mortal Online
    3. Vanguard.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.

• jamielikesyojamielikesyo Member Posts: 36

I don't really hate on any game in this industry. Most bring at least one or two novel ideas (even the clones) that I wish were adopted as industry standards. SWTOR is the latest target, much as AoC, WAR, FF X!V and several others before have been. In the current age of layoffs, mergers, title cancellations, should TOR fail, it is going to be very hard for development houses to pitch new products for us to keep playing. Venture capital will dry up for indie productions, and we may see yet another era of clones based off bled IPs with no real innovation to speak of. 

There is time for SWTOR to fix its current issues and become an industry leader, but not as much time to be percieved as failing. RIFT has arguablly the most aggressive content and feature-release schedule and it is seemigly hemorrhaging subs. This shows what room for error there is in the current environment for even AAA titles. Should GW2 (and in time Titan) end up with lukewarm, mixed or negative reactions, the industry may take years to recover (if at all).