Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm going back to DAoC

GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

After years of playing off and on with it, I've decided to give up my soul and give in to the temptress that is DAoC.  I've tried every MMO you can think of, and with the latest generation of MMOs not slating my thirst, I'm going back to my old standard.  SW:TOR is ok until you get to 50, then it's boring.  The other day I stood around for about 3 hours just talking to friends lol.  We were all bored with it already.  The ol' gang is coming back and our little band of Midgard Ruffians are there still waiting for us.  Most of us have been friends since DAoC or even before, so we get along pretty well.  We all feel the same, and made the same decision.  We're going back to the immersive and fun world of Camelot.

P.S.  Midgard rules, Hibbies and zerg drool!

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

wow leveling is really really easy now.  I got a valkyrie to level 50 in like 12 hours :D

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629
    Originally posted by Gravarg

12 hours

That's one reason I don't go back anymore.

While the Classic server was still around I went back and leveled to 50 on a Furbolg Warden in under three days or something doing task dungeons with people. Everyone was like "GO GO GO DON'T STOP NO TALKING JUST FIGHT." No downtime at all. Got upset over the Catacombs and Darkness Rising expansions that were activated on that server to go along with how fast I got to 50. The new "general chat" feature that became available with the new lowbie guilds turned the chat into a global server community. So with that comes trolls. I saw people calling each other fatass and other stuff to new users just trying to figure out how to play. Awesome how a local community and economy game was turned into barrens chat with that one feature.

Another time that I went back again after that is I played during a trip to disneyland and this time avoiding all new content. At nights in the hotel I played a dwarf warrior. Think I got to level 30 in the very little time I had in the hotel to play in the evenings. Had a blast but it was a ghost town in all the classic areas. Was very very lonely. Everyone is too busy in their own little instanced dungeons or doing RvR.

I'd say the lower level battlegrounds are the only reason I'd go back now, but even with those I have to log on the right hours to find people.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. I heard they took down the classic server also. So that's another reason. Still, I'm glad they did. The only "Classic" server that should exist is an Origins one!

• HalfmadHalfmad Mortal Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 83

I'm taking the plunge and returning too, I really don't give a toss about graphics, never have but I miss the three realm element and until Dominus comes out I can't see anything interesting me. If nothing else it's another player on the server now and then.

Now if only I can remember my account details and pray my characters are still there after all these years.. ;)

• Artymus77Artymus77 Member Posts: 140

what is the best realm and server to be with?

• HalfmadHalfmad Mortal Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 83

There is only one server "Ywain" although it's a cluster of servers, so you pick one but you're essentially able to jump between them all.

Realm wise that entirely depends what you're after

Midgard = Norse legends

Hiberia = Celtic legends

Albion = King Arthur / English legends

That's a little vague but personally I was never able to pick a favourite!

• Artymus77Artymus77 Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by Halfmad

There is only one server "Ywain" although it's a cluster of servers, so you pick one but you're essentially able to jump between them all.

Midgard = Norse legends

Hiberia = Celtic legends

but if a new player who is wanting to play the game can actually start playing and join a guild and enjoy the game with others still?  or is it just dead?

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by Artymus77

Originally posted by Halfmad

Midgard = Norse legends

Hiberia = Celtic legends

but if a new player who is wanting to play the game can actually start playing and join a guild and enjoy the game with others still?  or is it just dead?

It isnt dead at all, but check up on the realm relics 2 see who is getting bullied in the rvr department....usually hib or alb but it fluxuates between them most of the time.