Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Five Reasons to Play Galactic Republic

Comments

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Originally posted by leojreimroc

Originally posted by thamighty213

Reason number 6:  you will rarely ever encounter Huttball

Thats the single best reason IMO :)

This reason is the best, I agree.

This :D

Haha at the Hans remark, is that Hans Olo?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Uhm i never wanted to be han solo i always wanted to be held by han solo LOL it just took a few years for me to come out. This aside, it just reinforces what the naysayers have said about this game when they have an obvious imbalance with it. It's the same on other mmo's that have only two factions (yes yes i know the lore) and it's happening again unfortunately.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

You don't have to listen to people talk about how hot Vett is non stop.

• zhandaozhandao Member Posts: 46

Oh joy, the Smuggler means playing through hamfisted Hamburger Helper writing.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

except after 8pm (bedtime), then its mostly huttball.

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

Here's a good reason(tutorial spoiler)

If you play a Jedi knight u can break the Jedi Code and bang the Matron and she will give u a medal for a job well done:)))

BTW, for all class from both side only the bad boy Jedi knight seems to get sex in the tutorial.

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

Originally posted by Corthala

If you play a Jedi knight u can break the Jedi Code and bang the Matron and she will give u a medal for a job well done:)))

BTW, for all class from both side only the bad boy Jedi knight seems to get sex in the tutorial.

Fem Agent gets an option to seduce a guy on Hutta to keep her identity secret, or she can just kill him.

Main reason for playing Imp for me, better storylines. Only the smuggler measures up on pub side.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

The Republic are the good guys? Then how come when I was playing a Trooper in beta, every time I made a decision to side with the Republic, rather than some random raggedy-ass stranger, I got dark side points?

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by Banquetto

The Republic are the good guys? Then how come when I was playing a Trooper in beta, every time I made a decision to side with the Republic, rather than some random raggedy-ass stranger, I got dark side points?

Haven't played any of the Republic lines yet, but you may want to consider the difference between lawful (adhere to society rules) and good (adhere to own moral compass).

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

I prefer playing the good guy and the underdog so it is fine for me. But the Imperial Agent is pretty awesome :)

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

Reason Number Six has to be the fact that you are not part of the zerg.

Reason Number Seven is that the designers like Empire more and play the Empire. 

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Xasapis

Originally posted by Banquetto

Haven't played any of the Republic lines yet, but you may want to consider the difference between lawful (adhere to society rules) and good (adhere to own moral compass).

Actually, if you look at what Xasapis said, it is very true.  For instance, taking stolen medicine away from children and returning it to the republic for the "troops" may be the lawful thing to do, but it is probably not the moral thing to do. 

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• JowenJowen Member Posts: 326

Finally my interest in KoTOR is being peeked a bit.

• gothmog56gothmog56 Member Posts: 46

the real reason's

1)they pay me

2) they pay me

3) they pay me

4) they pay me

5) the check cleared.

• gilgamesh9gilgamesh9 Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by gothmog56

the real reason's

1)they pay me

2) they pay me

3) they pay me

4) they pay me

5) the check cleared.

lol.  +50 internets for you!

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

You've made my day ))))) I want to shoot lightning at the devs every time I can't choose the PvP battleground and is forced to play Huttball (often against my guildmates, as we are one of the largest guilds on the server, which makes the whole idea of PvP guild comedious).

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by DukeTyrion

... and the 6th reason, since it only takes 2 weeks to reach cap, you might as well play both sides at some point, to try and get your monies worth!

QFT, nuff said!

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by bobfish

But the Imperial Agent is pretty awesome :)

actually, if you never played an Imperial Agent in SWTOR, you missed the story ;)

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Reason number 6:  Gree droids

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by leojreimroc

This reason is the best, I agree.

Amen brother!!

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by Corthala

Not true, my female agent banged the guy who accused her of not being who she was pretending to be (the red flame) just to shut him up. My male agent just shot him, he's saving himself for Kaliyo.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

One fairly good reason not to roll Republic is rather too many so called 'mirrored' skill actually favour the Imperials. It's mostly down to different animations and some appear to be out and ot bugs (shorter cooldowns for example). Perhaps not that big a deal ...unless you are a PvPer I suppose. 

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Originally posted by DukeTyrion

... and the 6th reason, since it only takes 2 weeks to reach cap, you might as well play both sides at some point, to try and get your monies worth!

The only reason it takes that short a time is because you rushed to the top. My main toon is only level 36. I play 4 hours or more a night. All my other toons are level 1. So here's a idea, play the game and get over it. Stop trying to get to cap as fast as possible.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Originally posted by nepulas

srsly no one cares , swtor looses attention and u cant make it better , the game itself sucks , cause there is nothing new , so you ll better push some of the real good upcoming games like tera or archeage and give them some publicity for free ... srsly ...

Keep telling yourself that. Maybe some day it will be true. Right now? Not a chance. Right now, it's all in your head.

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Good sides win? You mean the terrorist? Why do games always portray terrorist as good side? And mass media as evil?