Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online: Cancelled?

2»

Comments

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

Game looked cheap, and from what I understood was not even going to be rated "M" which is a requirement for any Warhammer game to get the feel of the universe right.

2 faction system is also cheap....

I persoanlly dont care about the game from what I know about it

Besides THQ is the publisher, the DoW games are made by Relic and Published by THQ; As far as i can see Relic has nothing to do with this game...

In fact I just checked the Website and it has Vigil as the maker for it

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Now what i'd like to know is this. Did they cancel it because they only included two factions and they got huge negative feedback or did they cancel it because they were doing a themepark and they saw the backlash negative community reaction to this antiquated gaming model and decided to rethink what they were doing? That's what I'd like to know because people didn't start dropping from WoW, they didn't start leaving Rift and they didn't have such a big sub cancellation from SWTOR because they were tired of the worlds, they like me, were most likely tired of the boring lead-you-by-the-nose Themepark model. That's my theory and i think their devs were paying attention.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Well better they cancel now TBH.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Seems to me like they're in financial troubles and just don't have the required money anymore to engage big development projects, and that's the reason they cancelled all longterm projects, incl their MMO. If they're preparing to be sold off and their stock value decreased significantly, that doesn't sound that encouraging.

Meh, just read the other post that says it's all merely a rumor. Ah well, we'll see then.
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

The power of chinese whispers. :D

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    The good news in this would be that maybe another company would take up this job and make this game into what it should be (a multi-faction MMOFPS PvP game).
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

To be honest real(kinda) situation at THQ will be known when their yearly 'sheet' from 2011 will see light of the day.

They were not doing so good lately...

WH40 MMO was not looking good either tbh :/

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by tom_gore

The good news in this would be that maybe another company would take up this job and make this game into what it should be (a multi-faction MMOFPS PvP game).

actually that's what it's gonna be ^^ they added a the news of a third faction some time ago, since everyone was flaming there are only 2

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Originally posted by Thane

actually that's what it's gonna be ^^ they added a the news of a third faction some time ago, since everyone was flaming there are only 2

Can you link those news, because I have totally missed them.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Well if you are a warhammer 40k fan this is bad news.  Personally I did not like THQ's design parameters and this is probably a good thing it is being canceled.  Maybe another development shop can pick up the IP and come up with a better design.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Thane

Actually that is not true if you read the website.  Never saw any news on that and they never updated the 40k website either so I doubt what you say is true.  Last info I saw on the game it was still a two faction design.  

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by tank017

Well,I think they were going about making this MMO all wrong anyways..

2 factions..and themepark WoW style?  sounds like just another 1-2 month wonder to me.

Are you being serious or trying to troll the thread? Because Warhammer was around using this art style before Blizzard the company itself was even around. 

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

I would have preferred a mmorts instead.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

Oh look! another 2 faction standard themepark MMO.

Just what everyone wanted....

Cancel it and save us another fail, nobody cares.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Czanrei

Originally posted by tank017

Well,I think they were going about making this MMO all wrong anyways..

2 factions..and themepark WoW style?  sounds like just another 1-2 month wonder to me.

Are you being serious or trying to troll the thread? Because Warhammer was around using this art style before Blizzard the company itself was even around. 

Wasnt talking about the art style,I was talking about them planning on copying wow as a themepark MMO