Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm so bored.....

ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

I want a game that has instant action or gratification. Whether it be because of PVP or Elite Item farming, I could really care less. I just want a game to play where I'll be able to be like "F*ck Yeah,  this game is awesome!"

Just for reference I enjoy games like LoL, DC Universe, Aion, TF2...

Help Me!!!

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Comments

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

[mod edit] I'm just curious which games people have played and got immediate satisfaction out of because I don't feel like DLing a bunch of games to figure out that they are lame by level 10. Anywho.....

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Instant Action... Planetside would be good i suppose.

WoW arena? 

BF3?

Black Prophecy can be a lil fun, since its a FPS space combat shooter.

Original guild wars is still fun, and u can be max lvl from day 1 for pvp.

Edit: Put a few screens of BP for u.imageimageimageimage

Uhh... what?

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

If you need something to pass the time and don't mind a Korean grinder, you should check out that Dragona game.  It's very grindy but it keeps throwing quests at you (and you don't have to run back to town to accept most of them), so you'll be in the action most of the time instead of running around.  I see it as a good game to pass the time or to play around in when I'm listening to a podcast.

If you like games similar to League, you might also try Heroes of Newerth or Rise of Immortals.  Bloodline Champions strips minions, towers, and bases, making it a real 'hero arena' game.  Keep an eye on Dota 2 and, to a lesser extent, Smite.

If you like TF2, you might want to check out Global Agenda or Monday Night Combat.  Keep an eye on Firefall.

What do you like about DCUO? If it's the superhero theme, check out City of Heroes and Champions Online.  If you're liking the more action-oriented combat system, check out games like Vindictus, Dragon Nest, or Dungeons and Dragons Online.

I don't have much experience with Aion.  If you're looking for a polished themepark game, though, maybe RIFT can catch your attention.  WoW is always there, of course, as well as SWTOR.

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

tribes accend? shooting explosives at people jetting around is istant gratification.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

of all teh MMO's i have ever played i found dungeons and dragons online the most fun and instantly gratifying.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

Originally posted by Auzy

Instant Action... Planetside would be good i suppose.

Never tried it, not really into the FPS thing. I like TF2 more because of the comedic feel it has.

WoW arena? 

Only option would be a private server, because I'm not resubscribing.

BF3?

Don't own it and couldn't run it on my laptop if i wanted to.

Black Prophecy can be a lil fun, since its a FPS space combat shooter.

Father played it. Looked decent, but I'm not really a fan of Sci-Fi/Space themed games

Have it, already have a max level character. The gear grind is what annoys me. Can't stand a chance in PVP without gear to back me up. I can't wait for GW2 Structured PVP =.=

Edit: Put a few screens of BP for u.imageimageimageimage

Originally posted by Khaeros

If you need something to pass the time and don't mind a Korean grinder, you should check out that Dragona game.  It's very grindy but it keeps throwing quests at you (and you don't have to run back to town to accept most of them), so you'll be in the action most of the time instead of running around.  I see it as a good game to pass the time or to play around in when I'm listening to a podcast.

I actually still have this game on my PC. Maybe I'll give it a second chance.

If you like games similar to League, you might also try Heroes of Newerth or Rise of Immortals.  Bloodline Champions strips minions, towers, and bases, making it a real 'hero arena' game.  Keep an eye on Dota 2 and, to a lesser extent, Smite.

Only other MoBA I am interested in is DoTA 2, but I didn't receive beta invite.

If you like TF2, you might want to check out Global Agenda or Monday Night Combat.  Keep an eye on Firefall.

Did not like Global Agenda. Never heard of MNC, I'll research it thanks. 

What do you like about DCUO? If it's the superhero theme, check out City of Heroes and Champions Online.  If you're liking the more action-oriented combat system, check out games like Vindictus, Dragon Nest, or Dungeons and Dragons Online.

I enjoy the theme, but mostly it was the instant action and open world that caught my attention.

I don't have much experience with Aion.  If you're looking for a polished themepark game, though, maybe RIFT can catch your attention.  WoW is always there, of course, as well as SWTOR.

All those games are a little bit too good of graphics for my laptop, I can barely play Aion the way I used to what with all the update's

Originally posted by Nethermancer

of all teh MMO's i have ever played i found dungeons and dragons online the most fun and instantly gratifying.

I never really enjoyed D&D, way too linear for me. Not really a fan of instance based games. Not to mention I cleared that first area outside town 10x and still couldnt find that last thing they want you to get.

Originally posted by yutty

tribes accend? shooting explosives at people jetting around is istant gratification.

I seen this a few times and kind of reminds me of Halo mixed with a faster paced theme. I don't know if I can run it but I guess its worth a shot... Thanks

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

If you're looking forward to Dota 2, I highly suggest you play HoN.  The game is very similar to the original DotA and many of the heroes are mirriors of the original cast.  Dota 2 is going to be very different from League so you would do well to get a taste of what the game will be by playing HoN until you get your beta key.  While League has its own parallels to Dota, Heroes of Newerth is the closest you'll get to Dota and Dota 2 without buying Warcraft 3 (don't).

If open world means a lot to you, you should try Fallen Earth.  The combat is different, but you should probably try it out for yourself to see if you'd actually like it.

I used to run WoW on a laptop no problem, though I can't say for sure how RIFT and SWTOR would run.  I imagine that they have graphics settings that you can really tune down in order to make it work, but it all depends how good that laptop really is.

But give HoN a try for sure.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Have it, already have a max level character. The gear grind is what annoys me. Can't stand a chance in PVP without gear to back me up. I can't wait for GW2 Structured PVP =.=

What are you even talking about?  There is no gear grind in GW1, all gear from Lions Arch on has the exact same stats with the exclusion of weapons, where its pretty easy to get a max stat weapon.  So your saying you suck in PvP?  I dont have many skills yet I do perfectly fine in PvP.  Tear up most casters, only having problems with monks or classes that bring along a few healing spells.  

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Me thinks you need to save up $50 and buy an Xbox .....

Uhh... what?

• XstylesXstyles Member Posts: 107

[mod edit]

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

sorry to hear that your kinda burned out when it comes to games......maybe you need to take a break from gaming man....just untill you find the fun again in playing games.

• XstylesXstyles Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by ForumTroll

I want a game that has instant action or gratification. Whether it be because of PVP or Elite Item farming, I could really care less. I just want a game to play where I'll be able to be like "F*ck Yeah,  this game is awesome!"

Just for reference I enjoy games like LoL, DC Universe, Aion, TF2...

Help Me!!!

I want the same thing tbh, but that just doesn't exist in this genre. We are pretty much forced to play a month of useless leveling every time we wanna try out a new game, because the fun starts at high level.

I seriously doubt that we will find a game that's gonna make us go: "Damn this is pure awesomeness!", while we're killing yet another 8 zombies or collecting berries for a silly profession.

Like the above poster suggested. Let's go cold turkey on gaming untill Diablo 3 comes out

• zxcvbnm1234zxcvbnm1234 Member Posts: 92

Ever tried Age of Conan?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

What specs are your laptop ?

I seen someone said BF3, this is what iwould have said as its awesome but then you state your laptop wont run it.

Let us know the spec so we know what we can recomment.

MMORPGs are not really insant gratification games they are suppose to be a time sink, your suppose to develop your character over time. Now I enjoy doing that but if thats nto your thing then MMORPGs are probally not the best choice..

Maybe GW1 or vindictus would be a good option for you. Mount and blade is also pretty good if you aint got that yet.

• Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105

Dragon Nest. At the very start of the game you are saving a little girl from orcs and goblins. Immediately thrown into the action. You also need to aim and shoot your abilities (Just like DCUO).

• ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67

RIFT. If you can manage the boring bit solo untill you get to lvl 10. There is a automated queue for PvP (with nice rewards), dungeon parties (with nice rewards) and loads of other things to do. Its a well developed theemepark mmorpg.

If you liked LoL you MIGHT like HoN.. personally i thought it was a messy and boring version of LoL with the same amounts of trollfaces.

- Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by marinrider

What are you even talking about?  There is no gear grind in GW1, all gear from Lions Arch on has the exact same stats with the exclusion of weapons, where its pretty easy to get a max stat weapon.  So your saying you suck in PvP?  I dont have many skills yet I do perfectly fine in PvP.  Tear up most casters, only having problems with monks or classes that bring along a few healing spells.  

This guy is right. There is not really a gear grind in Guildwars. I have played Guildwars for years and have a built high PVP titles on more than one account but have never grind anything for gear once. If you just want to PVP than just PVP with a PVP character as they start out at max level and it only takes a couple hours to build enough faction to create whatever weapons you want. Did you ever try AB? That may be the best area to PVP in until you get better at it. You can only access AB from a guild house so you must join a clan and have someone show you.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

DDO ftw!!!