Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brief Curing Explanations

NomiMNomiM Member Posts: 21

Hello,

Curing in Achaea can be a little confusing at first, there's so many dfiferent things and different concepts that are just plain foreign to the average MMO player. We're here to help though! Firstly, there are three different kinds of cures: elixirs, salves and herbs. Each kind has its own cooldown -- compare it to how long it takes your liver to be ready for more Tylenol, it's the same concept. Elixirs are the longest cooldown, followed by herbs, followed by salves; however, some things take longer cooldowns than others, such as the restoration salve. 

Here are the most common curatives you'll be using, as well as their alchemy counterparts (Alchemy is an alternative to concoctions -- it's like today's medicine compared to "natural" medicine, except they're exactly the same performance wise.)

Health - Vitality Elixir: Cures roughly 10% of your health. This is like an instant-heal without a mana-cost or cast time.

Mana - Mentality Elixir: Cures roughly 10% of your mana. 

Moss - Potash: Cures 10% of your health AND mana, has its own cooldown.

Mending - Renewal Salve: Cures a mildly broken limb (think falling the stairs broken)

Restoration - Reconstructive Salve: Slightly cures a severely broken limb so that you can use mending / renewal next (think sledgehammer to the arm several times broken)

Epidermal - Sensory Salve: Cures anorexia.

Bloodroot - Magnesium: Cures paralysis.

Kelp - Aurum: Cures asthma.

Smoking Valerian - Cinnabar:  Cures slickness.

Goldenseal - Plumbum: Cure stupidity (this is an affliction, I'm not insulting you!)

Hope this helps some! Remember, if you have any questions, you can always ask on NEWBIE, or by TELLing Romeo or Juliet, or by HNTing your question. 

Comments

• VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 12

Yeah,  helpful.  HELP CURELIST and HELP CURES are really good too.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Hi,

Sorry my question is off topic, but would you mind telling me how I access the general chat channel that everyone is in, so that I can see other people chatting? I've tried the game 3 times in the past, but never saw anyone else say a word. I didn't even encounter another player to my knowledge. There is a very high chance that I wasn't in the general chat channel though, which is why I didn't see any talking.

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

The only worldwide channels are newbie, market and shouts. You can type newbie blahblahblah to talk there, or you can type CT blahblah to talk on your city channel

• VaehlVaehl Member Posts: 12

There is also a high chance you were in a newbie area, or portals, where you will find only a couple others at times, excluding Romeo and Juliet.