Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye bye TOR see ya

Comments

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

back to kung-fu panda?

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by metalguy23

Jesus you people are hilarious I create a I quit post and get the popcorn ready hilarity insues.

What's more funny? The fact that people are reacting to your post or the fact that you have some posts saying how boring the game is, how you hate the tab targeting how Yadda yadda yadda, yet you still ended up playing the game and of course making your obligatory quit post?

I mean, it seemed clear on 12/15 that you weren't interested:

Game is absolutely terrible. I don't see what everyone's ranting and raving about. What it's Star Wars? huh it's clone wars lol. Sorry but it's empty blandness, no atmosphere whatsoever, the engine is terrible. Sorry but Bioware did a terrible job and I will not even bother with it. Beta was a borefest and I logged in, created my char and said to myself "this is it? are you kidding me?". Sorry it's overhyped garbage with some top of the line voiceovers and cutscenes, sorry but I am not paying $60 (frigging rip off for an MMO anyway) and then $15 to play some WOW/Star Wars game. Prediction: Guild Wars 2 will be the most talked about and most popular game, this will be bad memory lol.  Show me excitement like this in an MMO. When this dragon shows up chills went down my spine, never seen anything like that in an online game.

So, is this just drama for the sake of drama?

These are the same folks forcing themselves to play a game that they are obviously not happy with. Post after post, thread after thread he is not the first or the last. Always someone around the corner with their "MMO BAT" trying to hammer into folks.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Doesn't seem to matter what you guys say.  Most of you said you would never play this piece of crap game, then you show up on the boards whining about how boring the game is.  So much for your altruistic blatherings over the last couple of years about this god awful game.  Now you people are finally quitting or threatening to quit and you still go on moaning over this game as if it's at fault and not you for ignoring your own tastes in games.  I imagine every single one of you will continue to whine about the game over the next few years, lord knows you still do about WoW.

Beating a dead horse with a dead horse about a dead horse for the sake of a dead horse.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Originally posted by Hrica

back to kung-fu panda?

Yup back to kung-fu panda for me, where races aren't all just simpely human reskins.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by monstermmo
    Im level 20 and havent wanted to log in cuz pretty much every quest i have atm is a group quest and i dont want to be bothered getting a group for each of them right now.
    Not saying i dont like to group, just dont want to be forced to and not in the mood for it at this point in the game. When im in the mood to sit around in general chat LFG then ill play again.

i have several toons past 20 and i have never run out of quests i can finish solo. there is also almost always another planet u can go to around the same level as another one if u run out of solo quests.
  • sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Slowdoves

These are the same folks forcing themselves to play a game that they are obviously not happy with. Post after post, thread after thread he is not the first or the last. Always someone around the corner with their "MMO BAT" trying to hammer into folks.

let me ask you say someone is a red sox fan since they were kids loved them to death knew everything about the team and the players then you come to several years where they make some bad trades some players get hurt and they really suck ass for awhile. Do these people just go oh well look yankees are doing great ill go watch there games go pay money for season pass to them and root on them till red sox get good again..

hell no people don't do that what do they do? they bitch and moan about firing the manager getting new players and improving the team... many people here are loyal bioware or star wars followers. You can't just expect them to not like the game and walk away for the same reasons people get attached to companies to things like star wars and you have to expect this sort of outlash when after such a long development period and such a huge amount of work to end up with what we did... sure it has plenty of room to grow but  to not get why people are angry or critical over this game just makes no sense to me.

• CityHamCityHam Member Posts: 63

game is utter pile of shit, -nothing more to say just cancel and do something else until GW2 or Tera pops.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Well, to each their own. I'm still enjoying ToR at this point, but I can see how corners have been cut at the higher levels (I'm 39 almost 40) at this point.  The story focus is pretty much what one would expect from a Bioware game.  I'm not interested in MMO PvP, so I can't comment on that.

As for the graphics, they do their job, in much the same style as the game whose Dread Name must not be mentioned... ^^  Its obvious that Bioware wanted to use the same approach that Blizzard did, so that it will run well on a wide range of the installed hardware base. 

As for GW2, given how things have been going, you guys are going to be lucky if you get it by Xmas this year (if then).  No doubt many of todays audience will not be happy with it when it finally comes out.  NO possible game can live up to all of the hyped projections and expectations that many of the current gaming audience develop in their minds over time.  But there is always the One True Game(tm), that lurks just over the horizon, or perhaps the One after that... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • NerfmehNerfmeh Member UncommonPosts: 36

Im glad for the people that are enjoying SWTOR but im happy that i didnt wasted 60 bucks on this game. From the begining i knew what this game was all about  and i didnt even bothered arguing with fanboys. Im just sad how the developers are toying with us and giving us the same stuff that we said is boring and generic , instead of thinking outside of the box.

Untill people that actually dont want the generic stuff pay 60 bucks for it , we wont have any breakthrough in our favourite gaming genre.

Cheers

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by sanosukex

let me ask you say someone is a red sox fan since they were kids loved them to death knew everything about the team and the players then you come to several years where they make some bad trades some players get hurt and they really suck ass for awhile. Do these people just go oh well look yankees are doing great ill go watch there games go pay money for season pass to them and root on them till red sox get good again..

hell no people don't do that what do they do? they bitch and moan about firing the manager getting new players and improving the team... many people here are loyal bioware or star wars followers. You can't just expect them to not like the game and walk away for the same reasons people get attached to companies to things like star wars and you have to expect this sort of outlash when after such a long development period and such a huge amount of work to end up with what we did... sure it has plenty of room to grow but  to not get why people are angry or critical over this game is just makes no sense to me.

I recall visiting a newly opened restaurant in Sacremento called Dad's Kitchen, seeing how the owner already had local reputation in town I took my family out for brunch. Sadly, everyone else was doing the same fucking thing, it was crowded. There were folks sitting after us recieving their orders before us several times and our server repeatedly apologised filling my glass up with champagne. After 30-40mins went by I finally had enough and asked the owner for the bill, instead he comped our drinks. I immediately went across the street to McDonlds afterwards and enjoyed a couple Egg McMuffins.

Despite how frustrated I was, seeing it was the 3rd worst dinning experiance I had in that town I knew better. It was openning weekend and it was gonna be crazy for them. I told the owner I would be back in a month or two when things die down a bit. Well, when I finally got around to it l was finally able to enjoy their Peppercorn Breakfast Sandwich with there delicious homemade tater tots.

See, you and I have completely different personalities. MMO games and any Baseball team are not serious issues for me to sink my tears in. Seeing how both are for my entertainment purposes I do understand the seriousness it holds over some people.  I'm more of the if things don't work out then it's time to move on or be patient lets see what happens kind of guy. I like giving second chances and I don't like whining little bitches especially those who insist or demand.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Can I have your companions?

See, you and I have completely different personalities. MMO games and any Baseball team are not serious issues for me to sink my tears in. Seeing how both are for my entertainment purposes I do understand the seriousness it holds over some people.  I'm more of the if things don't work out then it's time to move on or be patient lets see what happens kind of guy. I like giving second chances and I don't like whining little bitches especially those who insist or demand.

if that's you case why in the hell do yuo care at all that people actually get invested in these types of games? to millions sports are just the thing to sink there tears in and USA is the least of the hardcore sports fans just go over to europe or south america and see how die hard fans of soccor they are...  obviouslly you don't have emotional involvement with your gaming time but why give crap and critisice on people who are more invloved in the game than you obvsiously are... just because you don't get it doesn't change the fact MMOs are big portion of some peoples lives and take a ton of there free time away. Sorry but something I may invest 30+ hours a week in I'm sure as hell going to voice an opinion about it. To top if off I'm a huge star wars fan like I said many times before so I can't just walk away from this game thank you very much george lucas....

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Originally posted by Ambros123

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by Ambros123

Except for the fact that lvling you had actual grping content?  Numerous dungeons that were challenging and were a time investment unlike FPs not to mention that sometimes one would grp just to quest together as some areas were deadly if soloing... well back in BC n vanilla at least.

But yeah every game can hit cap solo but WoW and other MMOs had quality grp content that were challenging and took quite a bit of time that was well rewarded unlike SWTOR which if your not doing it for the social or light/dark point gringing then there is no point in doing it.

You haven't played WoW recently, have you?  And how was the reward for doing WoW dungeons/raids any different from the reward you get from TOR flashpoints?  You get better gear.  That's your reward.  Except with TOR, you don't have to spend two hours in a dungeon to do it.

Also, I'll repeat:  You haven't played WoW recently, have you?  If you are looking for challenging content, coming back post-Cata isn't going to be the way to do it.  WoW actually gives you less reasons and less chance to group while levelling that TOR does now. 

Apparenty you never did instances.

Gear?  Laughable, crafting puts the gear in FPs to shame until endgame.  WoW had significant upgrades in dungeons that made one jump with joy, it was an incentive n a warm fuzzy feeling that your efforts was rewarded in some way.

Not challenging?  Then why are the forums all in a huff n a puff bout it being too difficult?  At any rate WoW's instance complexity puts any FPs to shame.  Even trash pulls require some tactic at times which I found non-existant in TOR.  Funny how you say there is less chance for grping  while lvling in WoW because A.  WoW has an LFD tool that alone refutes your claim, B TOR is a pita to get grps or not really any incintive, C WoW is still more challenging than most MMOs and hell of a lot more challenging than TOR, AoC in my book has the most challenging dungeons.

Apparently you have not played WoW since Early WotLK. 

Tell me please and be specific, which instance in WoW requires tactics prior to a trash pull? Which ones have bosses with strict enrage timers when done in heroic mode? Where in WoW's heroics was the last time the tank asked for a cc and a kill order? I dare you to name one, just one, occasion. Before switching to TOR i cleared Dragonsoul in a LFR pug with half the dps'ers averaging at 18K so please spare us the difficulty BS. 

TOR's heroics require proper cc, dps order, aggro management and in many situations very good dps in order to beat the enrage timers. And they are much much harder than WoW's 5mans. 

And ofc the gear you get from heroic flashpoints is better than the crafted one, both in base stats and mods. 

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

This is the best game ive have ever played .

At first I didnt like it but then it grew on me , now I realise it is the best game of all time

• rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107

I recall visiting a newly opened restaurant in Sacremento called Dad's Kitchen, seeing how the owner already had local reputation in town I took my family out for brunch. Sadly, everyone else was doing the same fucking thing, it was crowded. There were folks sitting after us recieving their orders before us several times and our server repeatedly apologised filling my glass up with champagne. After 30-40mins went by I finally had enough and asked the owner for the bill, instead he comped our drinks. I immediately went across the street to McDonlds afterwards and enjoyed a couple Egg McMuffins.

Despite how frustrated I was, seeing it was the 3rd worst dinning experiance I had in that town I knew better. It was openning weekend and it was gonna be crazy for them. I told the owner I would be back in a month or two when things die down a bit. Well, when I finally got around to it l was finally able to enjoy their Peppercorn Breakfast Sandwich with there delicious homemade tater tots.

That's a good point. 

It reminds me of a time when I was taking my Harley out of the garage for a ride.  It was pretty warm outside, so I really couldn't wear my leather jacket.  Instead I put on a long sleeve white shirt, and that worked pretty well.  After the drive, I came back home and watched some TV.  After a little while, I decided to eat something so I went into the kitchen and made some microwave popcorn.  I actually had some tater tots in the freezer (though no peppercorn anything), but I really didn't even think about making them.  The popcorn was pretty good anyway.

I'm not real sure why people watch baseball on TV unless they really like the team or something.  Watching a game in the stadium is always pretty fun though...I know you probably feel the same way.

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

Well I canceled my account today with bioware, uninstalled the game as well. Sorry but this is not an MMO, more like a single player game with some mmo stuff tacked on. Space battles are a snoozefest, game engine is horrible, combat is pretty good though it gets boring fast, pvp is a mess and not much fun to be honest, leveling is your standard boring get this do that, kill 10 of these fuck that I have a job I dont need another one. This game is designed to be a B2P and EA/Bioware wants to charge a monthly fee, I think they are out of their minds to be honest sorry. Anyway bye bye and hello Arenanet, now their game looks innovative and the engine rocks. 

How far did you even level your characters? After Dromund Kaas, A huge chunk of each planet is with groups Heroic 2+ and 4's are everywhere, if  your skipping that, then your purposly just doing the single player content.  Are you running FP's at all? Do you skip through all the dialog scenes?

Space Battle is a minigame, it's not suppose to be a full game, like Bioware already explained.

TOR probably has the least amount of kill and pickup questing i've seen in any MMO I've ever played.  They actually put a lot of varity in your questing, which is a nice change to see in MMO gaming.

How is the game designed to be B2P?  

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Originally posted by pierth

There are a ton of people that bought the game for lightsabers alone- just goes to show how low expectations are anymore.

One of the things that made becoming a Jedi so spellbinding back in pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies was that it wasn't easy, you had to work hard to unlock it.  It was also dangerous to be one, as your lightsaber would flag you for PvP, and you would likely end up on a Bounty Hunter quest.

Now anyone can be a Jedi from the start, and there's no fun in it.  Bioware blew that aspect of this game too. Completely ignoring what I said above, they made the journey from Padawan to Jedi Knight the matter of a few trivial quests and little fanfair.  Boooooooooringggg.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

hell no people don't do that what do they do? they bitch and moan about firing the manager getting new players and improving the team... many people here are loyal bioware or star wars followers. You can't just expect them to not like the game and walk away for the same reasons people get attached to companies to things like star wars and you have to expect this sort of outlash when after such a long development period and such a huge amount of work to end up with what we did... sure it has plenty of room to grow but  to not get why people are angry or critical over this game is just makes no sense to me.

Yes, because your breakfast sandwich is so similar to someone who is looking for an MMO game to invest $60 + $15/month for entertainment.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049

Originally posted by MindTrigger

Yes, because your breakfast sandwich is so similar to someone who is looking for an MMO game to invest $60 + $15/month for entertainment.

Oh be fair, at least rag on the guy talking about baseball too, or is that closer to the mmo experience?

Originally posted by niceguy3978

Oh be fair, at least rag on the guy talking about baseball too, or is that closer to the mmo experience?

you dont see an comparison on how emotional people get about there favorite sprorts team and how people get abut MMOs?.. at least my analogy has a psychloogical backing behind it and wasn't talking about some sandwich place he just heard of.

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97

Well I canceled my account today with bioware, uninstalled the game as well. Sorry but this is not an MMO, more like a single player game with some mmo stuff tacked on. Space battles are a snoozefest, game engine is horrible, combat is pretty good though it gets boring fast, pvp is a mess and not much fun to be honest, leveling is your standard boring get this do that, kill 10 of these fuck that I have a job I dont need another one. This game is designed to be a B2P and EA/Bioware wants to charge a monthly fee, I think they are out of their minds to be honest sorry. Anyway bye bye and hello Arenanet, now their game looks innovative and the engine rocks. 

100%  agree, I left for the same reasons...waiting on GW2 also!

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Cya around sometime in TOR...

Oh wait nm this is a quit post who were you again and I care because?

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

The way things are going you don't have to worry about Pay to Play.It all will be free to play soon enough..Sometimes, people dont know how good they have till its gone.. Once every game goes free to play, i say you are SOL..

I retired retroactively..Haha

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by metalguy23 on 1/03/12 4:36:45 PM

Lol calm down children, it's an okay game. I paid $60 plus subbed for 3 months play a few characters have fun then Guild Wars 2 comes out then say bye bye see ya later. Bioware should have made this a B2P just like GW2 but they decided to make it pay 2 play. Very bad decision. It's a great game but its more of a single player story driven RPG with some side MMO stuff which should not require a monthly fee. I decided to pay for 3 months so I can see some stuff play some and then say okay GW2 is out. Bye Bye. Lol. They will learn sooner or later that this should have been B2P. Sorry but there's way too much stuff missing for me to sub for a long time but hey what the hell 3 months see where my different chars progress than play GW2 which is $60 and no sub = no brainer.  You live and you learn. The hard way sometimes.

You've never said a nice thing about TOR,Your subd for 3 months....Whats goin on here?.....

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Yes,yes I am sure Arenanet will be super innovative maybe they can innovate jumping into there sequel and not being blocked into a path where you can hardly move over 5 steps away from a path